Start by marking “Wannabe Heir (The Royals #3)” as Want to Read:
Wannabe Heir (The Royals #3)

Wannabe Heir

(The Royals #3)

CROWN CHASER, KINGMAKER, POSER, PRETENDER, WANNABE HEIR

They had it all wrong.
I never wanted to rule the world; all I wanted was her.
But they couldn’t see past my bad reputation, so they forced us apart.

That was ten years ago, and I’ve grown up.
I’m still a rebel.
I’m still reckless.
But I’m also ruthless.
Determined.
And I have even bigger balls.

So, when I find out she’s in
Published November 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Wannabe Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wannabe Heir

Start your review of Wannabe Heir (The Royals #3)
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Liz and Spencer.

Both royal 'kids' from the Vespa Isles.

She's the daughter of a royal who is ultra-deep in debt with the gambling mafia - so daddy needs her to marry this über-rich idiot royal Count Godfrey. The billionaire royal idiot wants to be King of Marvella - where the royal family was killed over twenty years ago.

But Spencer might have a thing to say against that. He's Liz's first love. But after how things ended with them almost ten years ago - she now hates him. Poor Spencer will have
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

It is always a good day when a new Kim Karr story turns up on your kindle.

It has been ages since I have delved into the world of the royal families of the Vespa Isles, so I have completely forgotten most of everything that has happened - though I did remember the gambling storyline that has followed through all the stories so far.

Liz and Spencer are royal kids of these families, and now they are paying for their family's sins/failures. Gah, that made me mad.
Heather andrews
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spencer doesn't hold his words back, "...there’s nothing wrong with wanting to eff you anywhere or at any time.” The man is really insatiable, “you sure about the no *** thing,” I whisper in her ear, “because it would be a shame to send me off to speak with my parents with blue balls.” I liked this book, I liked Spencer.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When presented with a dire choice: marry slimy, sleazy Count Godfrey or let her father's "creditors" do what they will with him and their family, Liz is determined to find another way out of her family's troubles. Then Spencer happens. Yep, THAT Spencer. Her first love. Her now enemy, the man she hates. But is still attracted to. Damn, what's a royal to do?

Well, in Liz and Spencer's case - have a rollicking good time as they race the Vespa Isles trying to decide if enemies can become
Jypsy
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Give Me Books and the author for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Wannabe Heir
By: Kim Karr

*REVIEW*
I have always loved royal fiction, so I could not resist reading Wannabe Heir. This story is part of a series, but I read it fine as a standalone. Princess Liz is in a terrible situation thanks to her pathetic father. She is a pawn, tasked with something that should not be asked of her, but her family is at stake. Liz does not have
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
While it's been a while since I've visited Kim Karr's Vespa Isles crew, it was pretty easy to get right back to it. I enjoyed the fact that this story jumped in and got right to the good stuff. Within the first few chapters I was sucked back in and excited to see what would happen. I was immediately invested in the family drama surrounding Liz. I also wanted to know what Spencer's deal was.

There was all this mystery and secrecy woven throughout this story and I loved it. The flow and plot was
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Wannabe Stars ~

Wannabe Heir was another enjoyable addition to Kim Kate’s Unknown Royals series.

This is the third book in this series but can be read as a standalone. It’s told in Dual POV but we do get more of Liz’s POV than Spencer’s. I thought the flow and pace of the story was great. Although I do have to admit I was confused reading this story. I think that is my own issue because Kim does a great job filling in gaps and making sure the reader
Sandy S
4 stars—

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date November 25, 2019

CROWN CHASER, KINGMAKER, POSER, PRETENDER, WANNABE HEIR

They had it all wrong.
I never wanted to rule the world; all I wanted was her.
But they couldn’t see past my bad reputation, so they forced us apart.

That was ten years ago, and I’ve grown up.
I’m still a rebel.
I’m still reckless.
But I’m also ruthless.
Determined.
And I have even bigger balls.

So, when I find out she’s in trouble, I have to help her.
It doesn’t matter that she hates me.
She’ll
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I picked up Wannabe Heir, I really felt like I finally came home, as I LOVE me some The Royals series by the brilliant Kim Karr. Princess Elizabeth Laurent, aka Liz, is the only single royal on her side of the family, which doesn't bode well for her in this family. Spencer Lexington is the man she thought was her lobster 10 years ago, but it didn't end well at all, so now she's cynical about love, which I totally get. That's not to say that she hasn't had other relationships, because she just ...more
Misty - The Erotic Book Blog
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this series, which is really weird for me because I've never been into anything royal before. But there's something about these Vespa Isles that I can't get enough of.

I think Spencer might be my favorite hero so far. There's just something about a bad boy I can't resist, and throwing in the fact that he's a royal only makes it better. He's edgy, dangerous, brooding, and actually quite amazing. You'd never think he was such a sweetheart underneath all that sexy, gruff exterior.
Kim
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
The stories of the Vespa Isles royals continue with Elizabeth Taylor Laurent of Eastwood and Spencer Lexington of Catalina.

Liz is a royal, but also a popular author. She is the only single cousin left on her side and just got out of a romance with another royal. She seems to be looking for something she just can't seem to find. She is sassy, smart, and outspoken. But even she does not know what to say when she finds out about plans her parents have made for her that would change her
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Wannabe Heir was Sweet and Thrilling! Wannabe Heir is a standalone and book three in The Royals. I read this as a standalone and felt like I wasn't missing too much, maybe just a few love stories. This was my favorite kind of read, a second chance love story. I loved the characters! Liz was feisty and a romantic, I loved that she was a writer. Her family is in a really bad place of their own making and their solution is devastating! Spencer is the ultimate crush! I loved him instantly! His ...more
Mayas
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been waiting on the truth and the story behind Phillip. Kim did not disappoint me and delivered a knock out blow with this story. Anger was a strong feeling I carried for many chapters. Trust me you will too. Then came love, respect, and tears.... oh so many tears.

Anger returned and then celebration. I yelled YES through the last 5 chapters maybe six. Just know Princess Elizabeth did not back down. She had a back of steal and came through with her Wannabe Prince by her side.
Amber Goodwin
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these royal books! Wannabe Heir was a great addition to the series.

Liz is there to support her brother at his wedding when she gets cornered and can't believe what she hears. How could her father do that to her?!?!

Forced to marry to get her father out of his gambling hole? She does what she can to buy herself time...says she is already married!

Spencer has been called many things by the press. None of them true. When he sees Liz again and finds that they are "married" he goes with it to
Amy Dickinson
Overall Grade:

To say that I’ve been waiting patiently for Kim Karr’s Wannabe Heir is an understatement. I found Kim Karr with her Men of Laguna series (if you haven’t read it, you should… hot, stubborn male heroes). From there, I indulged in her ReWined series. Then, she began writing her Royals series, and I was hooked. From Victoria and Adrien to the Prince Harry look-a-like Maximilian, I’ve been lost in her royals’ stories. Now, Wannabe Heir has landed. This is a second chance romance with a
Cee Cee Houston
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’d almost forgotten about ‘The Royals’ series by Kim Karr, it’s been so long since the first two came out. Wannabe Heir is the third of these books and worth the wait to read it. This is Liz and Spencer’s tale, and being a ‘royal’ one you might be forgiven for thinking it’s going to be a fairytale… but no. This is modern royals with all the trappings of that life. Except for one thing.
Marriage.
Liz’s father, that imbecile, mad for cash monarch needs her to marry for money. She’s far from keen.
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Wannabe Heir by Kim Karr takes us back to The Royals series with the story of Liz and Spencer. Liz’s father owes a huge debt and wants his daughter to cover that debt. But the cost will be too high for her. She would need to marry a man who wants to rule it all when all she wants is love. Spencer, her first love, has something to say about this and will do anything to protect her, even if she hates him now.

Liz and Spencer have history and things did not end well. Liz was left heartbroken. But
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: gemma
This is the third book in the series and continues the story of the royal families readers were introduced to in the first book of the series. I really enjoy the way that the story gives readers an insight into the characters from the previous two books in the series. The flow of this story was well written creating an engaging story. I really enjoyed the storyline of this story and the way it continued with the overall storyline of the series.

Liz I really enjoyed with the way that she didn't
Kari Hansen
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Liz is a Princess who thought she found her Prince years ago, but she found out that he was nothing but a frog. Since then she has searched for another love like the one she lost but to no avail and she now finds herself in the position of having to marry a man she despises or her family will bear the consequences.

Spencer is the Prince that broke Liz’s heart all those years ago. He has never gotten over his first love and is determined to show her that the only arranged marriage she needs is to
Ga Books LoverX
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book kind of had my head all over the place, take my advice loves- STUDY the chart in the beginning that that tells you who's who! Also, make sure you re-read the other books right before you go into the next book in this series.

Now even though it was a bit confusing, the over all story was very pleasant and a nice and hot Second Chance romance! If you are looking for a royal read that is mysterious and includes deception- Wannabe Heir is definitely a good one for you to check out. It kept
Kylee
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first book in the Royals series and it had me hooked. Spencer and Liz’s story is surrounded by lies, secrets, chaos and drama. As lives are on the line Liz must seek the help of the first man to ever break her heart. As Spencer finally has the opportunity to be at the side of Liz he will do anything and everything to protect her even letting her know that walking away all those years ago wasn’t because he didn’t love her, but quite the opposite. As deals are struck and hearts are ...more
The Book Fairy Reviews
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fight or flight, we’ll in this case to love or run. Princess Elizabeth is looking toward a horrible future when her past comes in to provide a not only a viable solution but the path for her heart.
Spencer never forgot the untouchable girl he met and fell hard for 9 years ago. Now he gets to save the dms3l nd maybe his future.
This book has the happily Ever after with both a prince and princess and some really steamy trysts in the castle. Danger, intrigue and murder plots fill this book to the
Tanja Kezmic
Shelves: omgreads
Ok first of all...how gorgeous is this cover?? Hello SEXY

It's been a while since I've last read Kim Karr's book and this one was a quick, funny with a bit of a mystery that requires a lot of trust between MC's in order to come victorious on the other side. It was fun to read about the push and pull between MC's as they maneuver through their complex history in order to defeat the enemy and finally reach the HEA that escaped them so many years ago.

***Review copy requested and reviewed on behalf
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Liz and Spencer were just the perfect pair and I loved this second chance at love story. It starts out with a little mystery and then goes from there, going back to the past and see where Liz and Spencer began. Then we jump into the future and see just what they have to do to make things right. There is definitely a sexual tension between them and their banter is great. I look forward to reading the next one.
Cindie Wenger
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This was a long time coming, but well worth the wait. All the Royals were a little confusing in the beginning but Spencer and Liz were amazing. Young love held true. So happy with the ending of this book. More please Kim!
Aurelie Gordio
Dec 06, 2019
Favetita
Dec 04, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands, #4)
  • Bossy Brit
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Dirty Letters
  • All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals #4)
  • Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy (The Baileys #5)
  • His Royal Highness
  • Code Name: Sentinel (Jameson Force Security, #2)
  • Girl at Heart
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • Hate Crush
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #3)
Reader * Chocolate Lover * Writer * Coffee Lover * Romantic * Beach Lover * Yoga Beginner

Kim Karr is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of eighteen novels. Best known for writing sexy contemporary love stories, she enjoys bringing flawed characters to life.

Her romances are raw, real, and explosive.
Her characters will make you laugh, make you cry, make you feel.
And her

The Royals (3 books)
  • Washed Up Royal (The Royals #1)
  • Would Be King (The Royals #2)