Start by marking “Girl Upside Down” as Want to Read:
Girl Upside Down

Girl Upside Down

Quinn knows better than to believe in happy endings, but she always assumed her mom would be by her side. When tragedy strikes, Quinn is sent to live with her estranged father, Nick, who walked out on their family years ago.

Set on hating her new life, Quinn is surprised when she meets Kel. Her new classmate has a reputation around town as a phenom at both baseball and attr
Published June 25th 2019 by Crown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Girl Upside Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl Upside Down

Julie
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
I feel pretty bad that I'm the first person to review this, but I really did not have fun with this book.

So, the only reason I didn't give it a one star is because it did have some parts when I was like hmm, maybe this book isn't so bad? Or maybe this book just isn't for me? Maybe middle school/early high school Julie would've liked this better? Hell, maybe middle school or high school Julie wrote something similar lol. I definitely flashed back to 8th grade NaNoWriMo during some parts. I feel
Tangerine
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it

3-3.5 STARS

Cute YA read. Love the cover!
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
cropped-saucy.jpg
First of all I want to say that Nicole Williams is a very talented author. I have read almost all of her adult and new adult novels and really loved them. I have also read one of her other YA novels.

Girl Upside Down by Nicole Williams is the story of girl learning to adjust to her new life. After her mother’s death she is forced to live with her father who had abandoned them ten years earlier. At age fifteen perceptions are a bit muddled because they are based off of pure emotions rather than l
Suzanne
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book so much. Quinn's story broke my heart. And Kel... SWOON! I loved him and wanted to hug him.
I loved the way it all unfolded. I didn't know exactly where Nicole was going to take us with Kel's story, but I loved the way it was woven into Quinn's. I loved that they both were broken for different reasons, but that it brought them together.
Of course I loved the bad boy! Nicole writes great bad boys!!!!!
The ending was great.
Kazi Tahsin
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
I loved this book. It made me feel happy after I finished it.
It's about a girl name Quinn who has to go live with her dad after her mother died, leaving the life she was happy in. She was 15 and her world was upside down. But she didn't spend time venting her frustration. Instead she started learning how to adjust how to manage her life. She was helpful and did not give up on people and let other people give up on themselves.
Its quite a short book but It was something.
And I loved it ❤
Marcy
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Girl Upside Down was a wonderful YA story. Quinn and Kel have kindred spirits from the start. I really enjoyed her journey to a new school, dealing with her grief and new situation. Kel was someone she could connect with, even though he tried to stay away. His situation was a mystery for awhile. I kept wondering what was going on with him. The truth was heartbreaking. I really felt for these characters and wanted the best for them.
Samie Kahl
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I am an avid Nicole Williams fan having followed her career since she wrote the Crash series. And although I am a sucker for a YA romance, unfortunately this book just didn’t do much for me in terms of capturing my thoughts or rousing any kind of emotions besides regretful discomfort.

“Find the good, and you’ll deflect the bad.”

For a quick and uncomplicated read, this book was all right. But it is definitely not Nicole Williams’ finest work. The prose and the storyline is easy to follo
Kaamini Naidoo
Jul 17, 2019
Liz
Jul 01, 2019
Melissa
Jul 16, 2019
Huong
rated it did not like it
Jul 10, 2019
Karen
Jul 03, 2019
Kas
Jul 02, 2019
Librarian Note: There is more than one author by this name in the Goodreads database.