Start by marking “I'm Trying to Love Math” as Want to Read:
I'm Trying to Love Math

I'm Trying to Love Math

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  48 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Children's Choice Award winner Bethany Barton applies her signature humor to the scariest subject of all: math!

Do multiplication tables give you hives? Do you break out in a sweat when you see more than a few numbers hanging out together? Then I'm Trying to Love Math is for you! In her signature hilarious style, Bethany Barton introduces readers to the things (and people)
Published July 2nd 2019 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about I'm Trying to Love Math, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Trying to Love Math

really liked it 4.00  ·

Andrew
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who knew a little purple ET could teach so much about math? Not only does he float down in his saucer to help the narrator understand its importance, but explains its history and how math is all around us-- even in nature! The things we do, from baking, to traveling, to... well, anything, all has math involved somehow! Even if you aren't the best with numbers, you will be charmed by this informative book.
Danielle
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I loved this book (even though I really don't love math)! :)
Yapha
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute picture book showing all of the important roles math plays in our every day life. For grades K & up.
Jillian Heise
Love Bethany Barton's picture books - they have great humor tied into the learning, and fun illustrations. I was not expecting math to be the next topic after spiders and bees, but it was an interesting twist to what I expect from her books. Will definitely add to the library collection.
Panda Incognito
This friendly, illustrated guide to a scary subject shows that even though many people don't like studying math in school, we could not live orderly or fulfilling lives without it. Math helps us bake! It's a universal language! We experience its beauty through music, and through nature! I have learned to love math after years of frustration, and I hope that this will help lots of kids see its beauty sooner than I did.
Hillary
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book would be great for a classroom teacher to use as a fun way to prepare students for a difficult new math lesson! I think that picture books are great for all ages, so the possibilities here are endless. For my own sake, I wish there was also a title called I'm Trying to Love Science!
Michelle Simpson
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this one!
Kelsey
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: stem, k-2nd, 3rd-5th
Age: 1st-3rd grade
STEM: Math

Nip that arithmophobia in the bud with this nerve-soothing primer on our math-filled world. Spoiler alert: it's everywhere--even in your cookies!
Julie Esanu
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, picture-book, math
The story of my life....
Mrs. Salas
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This will be a fun one to kick off the year!
Kati
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Cute book ... but I still don't like {anything more than basic} math, LOL
Lynn
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really fun answer to the question many kids ask about why math is necessary for daily life. Cartoon illustrations and humorous tone are delightful and the message under it all really works in its understated way. Great for STEM and all classrooms too.
Amy Romanowski
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books-read
Cute book!
Connie Heneghan
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another attempt to convey that math is essential and relates to most of life. Trying to convince the 40% to love math. Mixed success.
Michele Knott
I'm pretty sure this book didn't make me love math, but it sure was fun to read about it! And as always, Barton will make you laugh as you read along!
Ms. Chambers
Jul 15, 2019
Heather
Jul 09, 2019
Bethany Barton
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Giselle Bradley