Start by marking “Claustrophilia (The Dark Triad, #1)” as Want to Read:
Claustrophilia (The Dark Triad, #1)

Claustrophilia

(The Dark Triad #1)

Now available for FREE at ezrablake.com

Christopher Dour’s life was terrible before he was kidnapped.

He spent too much time studying the Providence Butcher's victims and not enough talking to living people. He was erotically obsessed with the idea of murdering Dr. Ivan Skinner, his medical school advisor. It was only a matter of time before he killed someone, possibly
Published October 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Claustrophilia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claustrophilia

Start your review of Claustrophilia (The Dark Triad, #1)
Shile
Jesus, Mary, Joseph and Kennedy. What the fuck did i just read? This book! This book! Is a DEPRAVED masterpiece. There is depraved and then there is DEPRAVED. I thought I have read it all but clearly I haven’t. This one tops them all. Moony and Xia thanks for holding my hand through this very dark journey.

description

5 stars for the writing

Abusive relationships, blood, corpses/necrophilia, cannibalism, claustrophobia, death, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, drug use, forced captivity,
Moony Eliver
Look... I’m not here to try to convince you to read this, OK? If you’re not at least a little curious about depravity, this book’s not for you. So let me just get that out of the way up front.

But don’t make the mistake of reducing this thoughtful, complex, ingenious story to its list of content warnings. It’s not only insane, it’s insanely well-written.

I know that not everyone can (or wants to) do this, but I have the ability to completely sink into a wide range of NMK shit when it’s presented
Xia Xia Lake
description

I can't believe I've reached the other end in one piece... I. AM. EXHAUSTED! I need cute fluffy reads ASAP to purge myself. I need to shower in holy water together with my kindle and be exorcised. I haven't been to church in years but this Sunday I'll be booking a seat for confession.

Why? Do you see my rating for this book? Do you see it? It's five stars. FIVE. Five stars!

I'm gonna tell you why I rated the book with five stars but first I'll give you 3 chances to step away.
1. This will be the
Jan
**** 4.5 Stars ****

Well, I survived.
Was it fun? Do I want to do this again?
No and nope.
That being said, I wouldn't miss it for the world!

This ride was insanely fucked up and incredibly, cleverly done.

I've been mulling over for awhile about my rate. In one hand it deserves a high praise, in the other, it's been an experience I don't want to repeat, EVER again. Therefore, I'll eat 1 star. *pun totally intended*
I can't fault the plot nor the writing for that. In fact, if the the writing was only
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
— 3 Stars!

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Rape, murder, graphic depictions of violence, cannibalism, etc. (pretty much everything)

I feel like I need to write in in-depth review for this novel. It was like nothing I had ever read before. I asked for dark romance and I got DARK ROMANCE. DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU ARE FULLY PREPARED FOR IT! And as far as a star rating I’m going with a three. But I’m not even sure if a three is accurate.
Christine
Nov 29, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 50% - I wasn’t sure how to rate this so I didn’t. Especially since I didn’t finish it. This book literally tortured me and left me afraid of small spaces. There were moments where I had to pause, curl up, cringe in my bed and look at pictures of kittens just to remember there is beauty in this world. So I guess the book did what it was set out to do .
I love a dark romance but this was beyond what I could have imagined. I don’t actually think you can call it a romance but again I didn’t
AGandyGirl
“There is no need to fear pain,” he says. “Embrace the pain. Endure this for me, and we can be together.”

It is so wrong to have enjoyed this as much as I did. I mean fucking hell...this is without a doubt the most disturbing book I have EVER read. This was well past any limits I may have had and to think I thought Flesh Cartel was limit pushing. Like Flesh Cartel, it is not just about the acts...it is the mind fuckery happening and the brilliant writing which allows the reader to be totally
 ⚣ Marco ⚣
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, this was... something else.

☙ percy ❧

as the author notes in the afterword, this is obviously derivative of bryan fuller's hannibal. but various differing details, as well as the fact that the writing was just so damn good, means i'm mostly willing to overlook that.

i've been reading a couple of these darkly erotic splatterpunk books recently, so maybe it's because i've got used to the whole style that i found this slightly less compelling than the other two. it was still fantastically written, but that along with the obvious
AussieMum
Free exchange for honest review from DBML

Wow. What an amazingly well-written, depraved and stomach turning story that I will absolutely never read again.

This was a tough one to read, with parts I had to skim, but I had to know how it ended. Like a deeply, darkly, twisted game of cat and mouse these two men are beyond any pair of MC I've ever come across. Layers, so many layers.

4 stars for the writing. But I did not enjoy this. I feel like I endured it.
Maria
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror-suspense
Jill
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, horror, dark, eeeeep
4 Stars
Acacia
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read an early version of this story, and I mean it when I say it was the most disturbing reading experience I've ever had. As someone who's into psychological horror, that's gotta be saying something. When I found out this was being distributed as something I'd be able to purchase, I absolutely jumped at the chance, and you should too.

You should have a strong stomach for this book--not necessarily because of the gore (of which there is plenty) or body horror (again, it comes in ample amounts),
Mason
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a reader both of an early version of Claustrophilia and an early reader of the current version.

Claustrophilia falls into two very difficult to manage genres, LGBT horror and erotic horror. Both of these often lend themselves to too-real avenues of homophobia, transphobia and sexism, and usually violent in those regards. It's difficult to escape these realities while still keeping the visceral nature desired in good horror.

That being said, Claustrophilia is not for the faint of heart or
Lz_erk
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing

"Scalding, searing, tender, cruel, vicious. Miserable. Penetrating."

Claustrophilia is one of the darkest and most intimate journeys I've seen. It probes humanity's anaerobic crypts, occasionally surfacing for a shocking burst of humor or light before the nightmare continues. Grab a snack, because this book is harder to put down than it is to pick up again.
Qin
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
The five stars the incredibly detailed writing, ghoulish yet somehow almost poetic (though not always convincingly done, as I was able to smell out the overuse of a thesaurus), the sustained pacing that only weakens in the last part, when the dramatic tension is supposedly rekindled though a walk down memory lane, and sheer authorial fortitude needed to broach such a theme on the grand scale, are worthy of need to be compounded by what I take to be the needlessly convoluted personality of the ...more
LinzvsWorld
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book def keeps you on your toes! I loved how terrible these main characters were, their relationship was creepy and gorgeous and I can't say how much I loved the gore and angst enough. Kudos to this author on a new kind of read!
Storybrook System
Beautifully twisted.

There's really no preparing for this book. Reading it is like being flayed alive. Still, I did manage talk for a bit about some of the thoughts it brought up for me on my own site here in case you're curious.
Sophia
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Em
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me just applaud Ezra Blake. I mean this is your first published book and I can honestly say I found no flaws. I mean the plot was wonderful, the diction on point and relevant, the romance, and characters compelling. I love M/M romance and especially dark M/M. You hit the nail on the head and blew me away. When I read the content warnings I got even more excited when I saw them. You went for it and just excelled. I'm so fortunate to have been able to enjoy this piece of fiction. I can't wait ...more
Miranda
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was something else. And not necessarily in a good way. I usually can read pretty much anything as long as I connect with the characters... but this book was just utterly disturbing and there is no way to connect with anything in this story.
This writing was good and the story as well but there are so many horrible things that happen that you cannot enjoy the quality of the story in my opinion.

Do I recommend this ? No
Do I recommend this to people like me who can usually read anything ?
Jayden Liyanage
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book wayyy more than I'd like to admit, I'm slightly worried.
blub
This book was a hard one to rate since it's such a dark read involving a lot of murder, rape, cannibalism, extreme torture, and Stockholm syndrome (not in this exact order). It's not something I would recommend to someone who can't handle grotesque gory depiction of the mutation of the human body and acts that are committed after one's death. I've given it four stars because of how detailed the scenario were and because of the few POV there were from the character not necessarily because of the ...more
Skylar
This book exceeded my expectations. I can't tell you how many times I've opened a book expecting to read about someone truly awful, only to get a soft core bad boy with daddy issues. I wasnt expecting anything different with this book, but it blew me away. I went into this thinking it was a dark romance. It most certainly is not. It is all horror, and like a gory, bloody, train wreck I couldn't look away. Blake doesn't shy away from the murder and torture. I was shocked by some of the scenes, so ...more
Miss Maureen
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hmm. Where to begin. Is Ezra's mind really that screwed up or am I for reading it? ( Wonder if his roomie sleeps with one eye open). I've been reading romance, thrillers, humor, and everything else. Guess I was just getting bored. Not sure how I even got the title or author suggested to me in my good reads file. Well, it definitely brought me out of my reading brain funk. Mr. Blake seems to be a very talented writer, so why only one book?
Parts were extremely gross, though I'm sure that's what
Katya Marcelle McKeon
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of very few books that enticed me to crack open its pages during any free moment, I found myself successfully drawn back in even when I had precious little time to spare. The writing was crisp and effective, the profound horror explored for its own sake rather than shock and awe.

I found myself wondering where I went wrong when I noticed a mere three pages left. I felt betrayed because I wasn't ready to stop.

All too often ambitious storytelling misses the mark through lack of resolve, and it
K.M. Claude
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claustrophilia truly is unique: it's a horror yes but also undeniably a romance and a damn compelling one at that. Blake's prose is gorgeous, finding beauty in even the most grotesque moments, and his pacing is smart, always keeping the reader's interest. This book is truly a delight and one I keep recommending over and over again.
Ксения Гилярова
My life will never be the same
J
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
God. I don't even know what to say.

• Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken
  • The Freshman
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • If We Could Go Back (Camassia Cove, #6)
  • Love of the Egoist (Egoist #1)
  • Free Hand (Irons and Works, #1)
  • The Silver Cage (The Silver Cage, #1)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • The Beast's Beauty
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers #2)
  • The Psychopath
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • The Boss
  • Rich Kids (Rich Kids, #1)
  • Max
  • Only The Devil Knows - Criminal Delights: Serial Killers
Ezra Blake was born in the American south, attended university abroad, and is not putting his degree to good use. He’s been disgusting since before he could pronounce the word.

Aside from writing, his interests include fine art, travel, and mental health advocacy.

He’s FtM transgender. Ezra lives with his fiancé, his boyfriend, and hopefully some pet rats, soon.