Start by marking “Claustrophilia (The Dark Triad, #1)” as Want to Read:
Claustrophilia (The Dark Triad, #1)

Claustrophilia

(The Dark Triad #1)

Now available for FREE at ezrablake.com

Christopher Dour’s life was terrible before he was kidnapped.

He spent too much time studying the Providence Butcher's victims and not enough talking to living people. He was erotically obsessed with the idea of murdering Dr. Ivan Skinner, his medical school advisor. It was only a matter of time before he killed someone, possibly hi
Published October 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Claustrophilia, please sign up.
Ezra Blake Totally missed this. Book 2 was just released! The third (and possibly final) book in the series should be released in spring of 2021, assuming all go…moreTotally missed this. Book 2 was just released! The third (and possibly final) book in the series should be released in spring of 2021, assuming all goes according to plan.(less)

Start your review of Claustrophilia (The Dark Triad, #1)
Shile
Jesus, Mary, Joseph and Kennedy. What the fuck did i just read? This book! This book! Is a DEPRAVED masterpiece. There is depraved and then there is DEPRAVED. I thought I have read it all but clearly I haven’t. This one tops them all. Moony and Xia thanks for holding my hand through this very dark journey.

5 stars for the writing

Abusive relationships, blood, corpses/necrophilia, cannibalism, claustrophobia, death, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, drug use, forced captivity, grap
Moony Eliver
Look... I’m not here to try to convince you to read this, OK? If you’re not at least a little curious about depravity, this book’s not for you. So let me just get that out of the way up front.

But don’t make the mistake of reducing this thoughtful, complex, ingenious story to its list of content warnings. It’s not only insane, it’s insanely well-written.

I know that not everyone can (or wants to) do this, but I have the ability to completely sink into a wide range of NMK shit when it’s presented
Xia Xia
description

I can't believe I've reached the other end in one piece... I. AM. EXHAUSTED! I need cute fluffy reads ASAP to purge myself. I need to shower in holy water together with my kindle and be exorcised. I haven't been to church in years but this Sunday I'll be booking a seat for confession.

Why? Do you see my rating for this book? Do you see it? It's five stars. FIVE. Five stars!

I'm gonna tell you why I rated the book with five stars but first I'll give you 3 chances to step away.
1. This will be the
Jan
**** 4.5 Stars ****

Well, I survived.
Was it fun? Do I want to do this again?
No and nope.
That being said, I wouldn't miss it for the world!

This ride was insanely fucked up and incredibly, cleverly done.

I've been mulling over for awhile about my rate. In one hand it deserves a high praise, in the other, it's been an experience I don't want to repeat, EVER again. Therefore, I'll eat 1 star. *pun totally intended*
I can't fault the plot nor the writing for that. In fact, if the the writing was only
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
★★★ — 3 Stars!

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Rape, murder, graphic depictions of violence, cannibalism, etc. (pretty much everything)

I feel like I need to write in in-depth review for this novel. It was like nothing I had ever read before. I asked for dark romance and I got DARK ROMANCE. DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU ARE FULLY PREPARED FOR IT! And as far as a star rating I’m going with a three. But I’m not even sure if a three is accurate.
Christine
Nov 29, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 50% - I wasn’t sure how to rate this so I didn’t. Especially since I didn’t finish it. This book literally tortured me and left me afraid of small spaces. There were moments where I had to pause, curl up, cringe in my bed and look at pictures of kittens just to remember there is beauty in this world. So I guess the book did what it was set out to do 🤷🏽‍♀️.
I love a dark romance but this was beyond what I could have imagined. I don’t actually think you can call it a romance but again I didn
AGandyGirl
“There is no need to fear pain,” he says. “Embrace the pain. Endure this for me, and we can be together.”

It is so wrong to have enjoyed this as much as I did. I mean fucking hell...this is without a doubt the most disturbing book I have EVER read. This was well past any limits I may have had and to think I thought Flesh Cartel was limit pushing. Like Flesh Cartel, it is not just about the acts...it is the mind fuckery happening and the brilliant writing which allows the reader to be totally capt
 ⚣ Marco ⚣
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, this was... something else.

Ed Davis
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my God!!! This has to be the most gruesome book I’ve ever read. The depictions of torture and murder were so graphic I had to set the book down and walk away several times. I have the second book and I promised Ezra I’d read and review it on Goodreads. I will, but I’ve got to read light and fluffy for a few day first.

If you are interested in reading about a serial killer in great detail. This is the book for you. It is extremely well written, and I loved the way the story jumped around it tim
☙ nemo ❧

as the author notes in the afterword, this is obviously derivative of bryan fuller's hannibal. but various differing details, as well as the fact that the writing was just so damn good, means i'm mostly willing to overlook that.

i've been reading a couple of these darkly erotic splatterpunk books recently, so maybe it's because i've got used to the whole style that i found this slightly less compelling than the other two. it was still fantastically written, but that along with the obvious deriv
AussieMum
Free exchange for honest review from DBML

Wow. What an amazingly well-written, depraved and stomach turning story that I will absolutely never read again.

This was a tough one to read, with parts I had to skim, but I had to know how it ended. Like a deeply, darkly, twisted game of cat and mouse these two men are beyond any pair of MC I've ever come across. Layers, so many layers.

4 stars for the writing. But I did not enjoy this. I feel like I endured it.
Maria
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror-suspense
Meraki Dark
Dec 23, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
I'm not rating this because I can't finish it.
There's nothing wrong with the storyline! There's nothing wrong with the characters or editing (well, there'll always be something, but fuck it, it's minor), and there's nothing wrong with the plot or darkness or anything. In fact, i frigging love it
But I'm the one have a problem.
This book's problem is me, as a reader. I cannot read first person present tense, and I keep re-reading paragraph after paragraph because it's so foreign to me. That I mad
Jill
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, horror, dark, eeeeep
4 Stars
Acacia
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read an early version of this story, and I mean it when I say it was the most disturbing reading experience I've ever had. As someone who's into psychological horror, that's gotta be saying something. When I found out this was being distributed as something I'd be able to purchase, I absolutely jumped at the chance, and you should too.

You should have a strong stomach for this book--not necessarily because of the gore (of which there is plenty) or body horror (again, it comes in ample amounts),
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Well, I can tell u i won’t be reading book2. But, since I gobbled this one in 3 hrs, it’s def a 4 star
Mason
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a reader both of an early version of Claustrophilia and an early reader of the current version.

Claustrophilia falls into two very difficult to manage genres, LGBT horror and erotic horror. Both of these often lend themselves to too-real avenues of homophobia, transphobia and sexism, and usually violent in those regards. It's difficult to escape these realities while still keeping the visceral nature desired in good horror.

That being said, Claustrophilia is not for the faint of heart or temp
Don
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This compelling read is the darkest of the dark and unless you're prepared to get up close and personal with things like necrophilia, dismemberment, extreme claustrophobia, excruciating torture, captivity, and an abundance of cannibalism, you'd best steer clear. So what if it's a bit derivative, I'll have mine with a side of fava beans, please.
Lz_erk
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing

"Scalding, searing, tender, cruel, vicious. Miserable. Penetrating."

Claustrophilia is one of the darkest and most intimate journeys I've seen. It probes humanity's anaerobic crypts, occasionally surfacing for a shocking burst of humor or light before the nightmare continues. Grab a snack, because this book is harder to put down than it is to pick up again.
Qin
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
The five stars the incredibly detailed writing, ghoulish yet somehow almost poetic (though not always convincingly done, as I was able to smell out the overuse of a thesaurus), the sustained pacing that only weakens in the last part, when the dramatic tension is supposedly rekindled though a walk down memory lane, and sheer authorial fortitude needed to broach such a theme on the grand scale, are worthy of need to be compounded by what I take to be the needlessly convoluted personality of the pr ...more
Travis Davis
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is truly special in terms of how well written it is and how depraved it becomes. Beware, the trigger warnings are definitely for a reason. I’m a huge fan of Splatterpunk/ extreme horror so not much bothers me but I can see how this book would decimate some people!

The story did remind me of The Silence Of The Lambs but only in the most generic of ways, I’m sure Ezra was well aware that they were influenced by Harris’s book. ( it’s even mentioned at the end of the book)

I would like to in
Freakazoid
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book def keeps you on your toes! I loved how terrible these main characters were, their relationship was creepy and gorgeous and I can't say how much I loved the gore and angst enough. Kudos to this author on a new kind of read!
Storybrook System
Beautifully twisted.

There's really no preparing for this book. Reading it is like being flayed alive. Still, I did manage talk for a bit about some of the thoughts it brought up for me on my own site here in case you're curious.
thunderlightning
Uh...

Wow

Holyfuckingjesus

What can I even say. My mind is literally fucked...uh...no pun intended.

So let’s just say this book hands down the most disgusting and gruesome disturbing book I’ve ever read, and if I there is a 6+ stars button I would’ve clicked on it.

This book is literally not normal. It does not obey of anything or anyone. It does not know what is the meaning of ‘socially acceptable’ or heck the meaning of ‘acceptable’ period. This book is writing by someone who wanted to fuck with
Sue bowdley
This is a new author to me and I saw someone post about and it sounded interesting..Well interesting is a mild word...This was seriously strong and it won't be for everyone..Omg...Christopher was by no means a nice guy but he seriously didn't deserve what Ivan did to him..or did he...Ivan kidnapped him and tortured him brutally..He had no chance of escape but I'm not even sure he wanted to in the end...What was done to him was horrendous..Everything from the isolation in a box to losing a limb.. ...more
Barbara Elsborg
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well, this was different! I do like to be challenged occasionally and this story did just that. The writing was very good. The pace excellent. I felt a compulsion to keep reading even though this is well out of my comfort zone. For all that Ezra Blake has produced two loathsome characters, there is still something that draws the reader, tries to persuade them they are not all that bad - except they are!
This is one of the darkest things I've read (and I've read DeSade!) Really not for the faint h
Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn)
May 10, 2020 marked it as tbr1_ready-and-waiting  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) by: M'rella
Gosh, the book cover is damn sexy!
description

My dearest M'rella , I am glad you have my back. Thank you for recommending this delicious looking meal. I hope it would revive me from the long slump.

The blurb and the some of the warning tags over at the author's page is enough to make me salivate. I am so excited about it that I don't even know when is the best time for me to start digging in. I mean, just look at those wow factor tags: abusive relationships, blood, corpses/necrophilia, cannibalism,
Elin
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew I had to be in the right head space to start reading this book, I just didn't know how much it would take out of me. I'm physically exhausted after finishing the last page.

Disturbing isn't the right word to use for it, it's beautiful, intense and gut wrenching.
The author treats the reader very much like Ivan does with Chris. Throwing us in to the world of pain only to add some tenderness in between. Just enough to let you breath, to feel secure before suddenly you're knee deep in blood a
Em
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me just applaud Ezra Blake. I mean this is your first published book and I can honestly say I found no flaws. I mean the plot was wonderful, the diction on point and relevant, the romance, and characters compelling. I love M/M romance and especially dark M/M. You hit the nail on the head and blew me away. When I read the content warnings I got even more excited when I saw them. You went for it and just excelled. I'm so fortunate to have been able to enjoy this piece of fiction. I can't wait ...more
Sea Caummisar
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough good things about this book. I'm ashamed to say I had to pull the dictionary out a few times, but I loved it. I was in the book, in fear of what would happen next. It was great.
I'm going backwards and updating this review. Because honestly, after I finished this book my mind was f'ed up. For real. The first page of trighers pulled me in
abusive relationships, blood, corpses/necrophilia, cannibalism, claustrophobia, death, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, drug use
« previous 1 3 next »

• Under His Skin (Under His Heel #4)
  • Iblis’ Affliction
  • The Freshman
  • Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken
  • Under His Heel (Under His Heel, #1)
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • Breathless (The Game, #3)
  • End Scene
  • Max
  • Want It
  • Smash & Grab (RELIC #1)
  • Wreck Me Forever (Polished P & P #1)
  • Love of the Egoist (Egoist #1)
  • Rich Kids (Rich Kids, #1)
  • Alpha's Embrace (The Omega Misfits, #3)
  • His Fake Prison Daddy
  • Auctioned (8392, #1)
  • The Silver Cage (The Silver Cage, #1)
Ezra Blake was born in the American south, attended university abroad, and is not putting his degree to good use. He has been disgusting since before he could pronounce the word.

Aside from writing, his interests include fine art, travel, and mental health advocacy.

Ezra is FtM transgender. He lives with his fiancé, his boyfriend, and their cat, Indica.

The Dark Triad (2 books)
  • Psychostasis (The Dark Triad #2)