Start by marking “I, Guinevere (Mythic Maidens Book 2)” as Want to Read:
I, Guinevere (Mythic Maidens Book 2)

I, Guinevere

(Mythic Maidens #2)

Your legends have it wrong. Arthur never pulled that sword out of the stone. I did. I, Guinevere.

On the winter solstice, a mysterious sword in a stone appears in the churchyard. Not even the mightiest of the village men can remove it, until fifteen-year-old Guinevere gives a try. The sword heeds the unsuspecting maiden, proclaiming the unthinkable: she is the blood of Pen
Published October 14th 2018 by C.K. Brooke

To ask other readers questions about I, Guinevere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I, Guinevere

gj indieBRAG
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that I, GUINEVERE by C.K. Brooke is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells readers that this book is well worth their time and money!
Lauralee
Everyone knows the story of King Arthur pulling the sword out of the stone that made him the chosen king of Camelot. He married Guinevere through a marriage of alliance. He ruled Camelot through its greatest and darkest moments. However in this unique twist of the Arthurian legend, it is Guinevere who pulled Excalibur out of the stone and becomes the ruler of Camelot. It is Guinevere who must protect Britain from threats of invasion of Saxon and brings about the Golden Age.

I found this Guinever
Michele DeLuca
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was delighted and intrigued by the concept of this book, which takes the legend of King Arthur and his knights and turns it on its head, making a young woman, Guinevere, the heroine of the ancient tale.
In C.K. Brooke's novel, "I, Guinevere," it is Guinevere, the future queen, who pulls the mythical sword from the stone, a task no other could do in the era of knights and kings.
Talk about girl power! The idea of a young woman unaware of her lineage, who learns to sword fight with the best knight
Lauren - SERIESous Books
**I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest voluntary review. All opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

I love the concept of this novella. I'm a sucker for Arthurian Legend and especially for any retelling that attempts to changing things up.

Guinevere is one of those legendary characters that we all have a preconceived notion of--and I know for me, I have a not so favourable one. I often think she gets cast as a romantic, flighty fool and that was
Laura Reading
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
An interesting twist on a well known legend about a sword stuck in a stone and what happens after.
Giving new depth and possibilities to the personalities of Avalon and Camelot, reversing the roles of Lancelot, Arthur, Guinevere, Morgana and more.
While there are battles and intense moments, this is a clean read, suitable for any age parents deem ready to imagine and understand. While it brings up emotions and deals with coming of age issues, it also shows actions and consequences.
I found this to
I.A. Cintron
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was quite a twist to the legend of Excalibur, I enjoyed it a lot and I never imagined that he would be the bad guy, it caught me off guard.
Rose
Dec 19, 2018
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from the YA Bound Blog Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Ready to have what you thought was the legend of Camylot be thrown out the window?
I, Guinevere by C.K. Brooke gives us another idea of what could have happened in the legends of Camylot and of course King Arthur. Instead in this one, we have it different, and I liked this version a lot. I read this book in a whole day, and I love t
Hazel Leu
Dec 10, 2018
C.K. Brooke
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ronnie
added it
Mar 10, 2019
Maddy
Mar 15, 2019
C.K. Brooke is a multi-award winning author of over a dozen romance and fantasy novels about rugged pirates, secret royalty, ancient myths and medieval legends with a girl-power twist. She is the author of the Mythic Maidens Series, the American Pirate Romances, and the Jordinia Series. Her publishers include 48fourteen and Limitless Publishing. Brooke is a two-time recipient of the Indie B.R.A.G. ...more

Mythic Maidens (2 books)
  • Secrets of Artemis (Mythic Maidens #1)