Start by marking “Shred Girls: Lindsay's Joyride” as Want to Read:
Shred Girls: Lindsay's Joyride

Shred Girls: Lindsay's Joyride

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
An empowering new series from the cyclist who runs Shred-Girls.com is guaranteed to give readers an adrenaline rush--and the confidence girls gain from participating in sports!

It's time to ride and save the day!

Lindsay can't wait to spend her summer break reading comics and watching superhero movies--until she finds out she'll be moving in with her weird older cousin Pho
Published May 7th 2019 by Rodale Kids

To ask other readers questions about Shred Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shred Girls

really liked it 4.00  ·

Nicole Hewitt
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Girl Power at its best! Shred Girls follows Lindsay as she goes from shy superhero wannabe to BMX biker extraordinaire. Lindsay spends her time reading superhero comics and imagining a world where she defeats the supervillain, but in real life she feels like an outsider, never quite sure enough of herself to fit in. When her parents leave her with her older cousin Phoebe for the summer, Lindsay’s not sure what to think—after all, Phoebe’s always seemed like she’d fit the villain mold. But it tur ...more
Ms. Yingling
Copy provided by the publisher

This seemed a bit young for my readers, and it seemed odd that the parents had to go on a dig to Estonia SO suddenly, AND that they let a young child stay with a 23 year old who had been proven to make irresponsible choices. Why not stay with Tia Maria? Another one of those books that younger readers will totally believe and enjoy, but which I had problems with for purely adult reasons! It's good to be able to tell the difference.
Annie Josephine
Jun 01, 2019
vvb
I liked this inspiring positive girl power book in a sports setting. The superhero tie-in worked for the growth moment for the protagonist.

With budding friendships and a touch of romance, the element of fun and hard work also prevail.
Kerry
Jun 20, 2019
Heather Morrison
Jul 13, 2019
Molly Hurford
Jan 09, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Christine Brunt
Apr 02, 2019
YAYOMG
Apr 25, 2019
Carman
May 07, 2019
Val Edwards
Jun 05, 2019
Cycling is my passion, writing is my life, and luckily, I’ve found an amazing way to combine the two. In addition to freelance writing and editing, I’m the author of "Saddle, Sore: Ride Comfortable, Ride Happy," "Mud, Snow and Cyclocross" and "Fuel Your Ride."

I’m also a Level 3 coach with USA Cycling, and spend a lot of time traveling hosting talks and clinics for cyclists.

My husband Peter and I