Start by marking “Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)

Royal Catch

(The Rourkes #1)

A gruff prince in need of a wife
A commoner impersonating a princess
And a bridal competition gone terribly awry…

Gabriel
I am the crown prince of Villroy, heir to a kingdom, bound by duty to marry and produce an heir.
I expected a quiet arrangement through royal channels, instead I got a palace full of women vying for my hand. And how do they “win” this barbaric game set up
Published May 14th 2019 by Extra Fancy Books

Dali
Kylie Gilmore introduces her Rourkes series with Royal Catch, a royal romantic comedy about the surly crown prince of Villroy and the vivacious commoner posing as a princess.

Anna’s plan was simple enough: show up at Villroy Island pretending to be her friend Polly, get her inheritance and return to save her friend. Once she gets there though, she’s informed that to get “riches beyond her dreams” she’ll have to compete against nine other princesses in a “Survivor meets the Bachelor royal style”
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
THIS BOOK!!!

This book is SO GOOD. Don't let the RomCom genre fool you; this book, though light and containing several laugh-out-loud moments, is SMOKING HOT. But I've come to expect this from Kylie, along with the "I can't put this down"-esque quality all of her books have...especially this one!

Anna is my FAVORITE. Extremely likeable and honest (well, except for that one thing...), she is who she is and doesn't apologize for it. What I liked the most was that she said and did what she wanted to
Coco.V
May 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (5/15/2019)! 🎁
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
-Sara, 5 stars

This book had me hooked from the start. Start to finish in a night I couldn’t put it down. Royal Catch had me laughing, shedding a few tears and doing the happy dance. I hope there is more from this couple! Can’t wait to read Royal Hottie.
Maree Repa
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Amazing Stars

The Royal Quest

I was absolutely thrilled to read book one, The Rourkes. Written by Kylie Gilmore. I was excited about this wonderful most romantic book. One of the hilarious and most wonderful stories to simply love and enjoy!

We meet Gabriel Rourke, who is crown prince of Villeroy and is now set to get married. His own brother, Phillip is organising the Royal Wedding itself. Although the day seems to be going to be almost Insane. Where Crazy furry animal characters are just eve
lowkeyreader
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good! It is a royal romantic comedy about a gruff prince and and brash commoner posing a princess.

Anna's plan was to get to Villroy, posing as Princess Polly to get an inheritance from the Queen. But little did she know she was going to participate in a competition, "Survivor meets the Bachelor royal style" as the Queen calls it, in order to sought out the perfect bride for the Prince.

Prince Gabriel expected to be arranged in a marriage through royal channels quietly. But the pre
Nikki Barrett
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That moment when an author I adore comes out with a new series, it's royal romances, and it's fun. Ok, I'm stoked!

Readers who are avid Kylie Gilmore fans will be excited to know, especially if you've read the Happy Endings Book Club series to the end and caught a glimpse of Phillip and Gabriel, that they have returned! Not to worry, you do NOT have to read that series to be able to read Royal Catch. This is a complete stand alone, however, we did get a sneak peek of these fab royals in previous
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
A dying king. A queen who refuses to royal without her spouse. A surly prince who has been groomed to take over a kingdom. An American impersonating a princess. A bachelor meets survivor style competition. This book is a mess, but not in a bad way. The heroine comes in like a wrecking ball and the twists and turns keep coming which it makes it difficult to predict the outcome mess. An overall easy read with like able characters. The storyline did feel a little rushed, but overall, a good start t ...more
Mayas
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna/Polly was a riot. Just what what the royal palace needed. She was more of less what Gabriel needed as well. I loved her vision and willingness to put everyone above herself. Helping with her entire heart. Understanding and helping those who didn't even want to help her and deemed her lesser and not royal material.

I was grateful that she never loss herself with everything that was going on. The competition, the journey and promise, and with the ultimate HEA. I truly enjoyed the way Kylie tr
Erin
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This book caught my emotions unaware, and captured my heart. I thought this would be a silly book, a quick and fun read with no substance. But I was unprepared for the raw emotion and heartfelt humanity that the book provided. I’ve never read a book by this author before, and I can say that I will be remedying that oversight.

We’ve got a Prince who needs a mate, and a commoner who needs a treasure. It seemed like a pithy plot, where the “haughty and arrogant” royal would of course fall for the “b
Lisa
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Royal Catch by Kylie Gilmore is the first book in her new series, The Rourkes. Told in dual POV between the haughty prince and the imposter princess - this story is a tad over the top, the plot is a little crazy, the characters are a bit much and it all works perfectly together to create this funny romantic royal romp. Throw in some serious sexual tension and familial issues, a catty competition between princesses, and a few more fantastical situations and this book pulled me in. It was funny ...more
Meg
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give Royal Catch by Kylie Gilmore 5 Stars. This is book one of The Rourkes's series and it was an easy quick read. If you love fairy tales with a twist you will love this book! It was not only romantic and steamy but it was also funny. The main characters you will fall in love with immediately. If you are a fan of reality TV shows you will absolutely love this book.

Gabriel Rourke is the next in line for the throne which means this gruff prince is in desperate need of a wife to be his queen. N
NovelMomma
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one is probably more of a 3.5 for me. It was a bit of a slow starter. There wasn’t anything I could put my finger on, so I think it was just a matter of personal preference, but I didn’t instantly feel the connection between the characters. They didn’t exactly get off on the right foot, so maybe that feeling just stuck with me for a bit. However, I stuck with it, and it definitely picked up for me the further I got.

Gabriel and Anna were interesting characters. While Anna was very much a wh
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

I’ll be honest, for a while there I almost set Royal Catch aside because I just was not connecting to any of the characters at all, but I kept at it and eventually became invested enough to finish the book. That being said, overall, I liked Royal Catch, I just didn’t love it like I had hoped I would have. I love royal romances, there is just something about possibly becoming a princess or prince that tugs at the
Quinn Fforde
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been wondering what was going to happen to Gabriel since reading A Happy Endings Wedding. He was a fascinating character -- all stiff and starchy. Since Gabriel is so serious, I thought his story would be, too. Nope!
Anna blows in and turns everything upside down, and it was absolutely hilarious! She is the perfect match for Gabriel. They have the same core values, but Anna has a spark that nothing can put out. Gabriel needs her fun and zest. They have chemistry from the first moment she wa
Ga Books LoverX
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 MAJOR STARS! This book was absolutely excellent and I loved every second of it. I cannot freaking wait for the next book in the series. What happens when a little bit of a stick in the mud prince meets the opposite of a princess? Want to see Hunger Game: Prince Edition? All of this and more is included in this book. It is absolutely hilarious, steamy, has an amazing plot, and is just in general an amazing read!

Anna and her cousin are in a bit of a bind so when her cousin (a princess) receives
Christine C
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was so much fun! Sweet, funny, and entertaining, I couldn't put it down. Anna is pretending to be her distant cousin Polly, princess of a small Caribbean country who is in hiding, running away from an arranged marriage to a scary older man. Anna has traveled to the European island country of Villroy to claim a small inheritance promised to Polly and use that to both save Polly and pay for her dying foster father's nursing care. She is shocked to learn that instead of a promised inherit ...more
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a review copy of the book before release for an honest review.

This was a very different book than I have read from this author before. It is a cross between survivor and the bachelor but with a royalty slant. Prince Gabriel is going to be king and his sick father and th queen invite a bunch of princeses so he can pick his new bride/queen.

Anne is NOT royalty but she is good friends with a princess, princess Polly who needs her to win the prize so she can use the money to defend her aga
JLS
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the new Rourke series. We were introduced to them in the Happy Endings Book Club series. This book features Gabriel, the Crown Prince of Villroy. His father is dying, his country is in need of new commerce and his mother has decided he needs a wife. Talk about a lot on your plate! The Queen had invited ten eligible princesses to come to Villroy to compete for a "small inheritance". Unfortunately, that inheritance is Villroy and Gabriel himself.
Anna arrives passing as he
Dawn Herrera
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, favorites
Royal Catch was a very fun and entertaining story by the ever so talented Kylie Gilmore. I Love this authors style of writing she just has a great way with her words that keeps you hooked and turning the pages quickly. This is the first in her new series The Rourkes about Royals and who doesn’t love a great story with kings and queens, or prince and princesses.
This is Gabriel and Anna’s story, he is the crown prince of Villroy and is expected to marry and have an heir, his mother decides to tak
Kari Hansen
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna’s attempts to help out her friend Polly, who is a princess, has sent her to Villoy to collect her inheritance while pretending to be her. The situation takes a U-turn when she finds out that she is in a competition with nine other princesses where the winner takes all and the prize is not only financial but Prince Gabriel as well.

Gabriel is less than impressed when he finds out what the Royal family has planned for him but his love for them and his country convinces him to follow through.
Pam
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Survivor meets the Bachelor but will some twists! Ms. Gilmore has crafted an entertaining story that her readers will enjoy. Anna unexpectedly finds herself impersonating a princess & participating in a royal survival story. Her personality is the complete opposite of what the public thinks a good princess should be. At heart, she is very deserving of any good fortune that falls upon her.

Gabriel is to inherit the crown. His father is ill & needs to step down. Gabriel is every bit as sti
Sharon
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow! Great start to a new series by Kylie! 5 royal stars for this one!
Meet Anna, orphan, trying to help out her distant cousin, Princess Polly, who's gotten into a bit of trouble in the U.S. Anna needs money to help her cousin out, so she poses as Polly when Polly is asked to show up in Vilroy to collect a small inheritance, they believe it's the answer to their prayers, and it helps that they look very much alike.
Price Gabriel, due to take over Vilroy and be their king. His parents ha
Amalie_reads
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Royal Catch is Book 1 in the series The Rourkes.

The story centres around Gabriel and Anna. Gabriel is the next in line to the throne and Anna is an orphan from America. She is there as a favour to a distant relative Polly who is currently detained. Anna arrives pretending to be Polly in order to receive an inheritance promised to her so she can help pay for a lawyer for Polly to be released.

When she arrives, Gabriel’s parents the King and Queen have put together a survivor meets the bachelor c
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"This is an enjoyable royal rom-com.

Gabriel Roarke, the heir apparent to the island of Villroy is being forced to wed. His parents embark on inviting ""suitable"" candidates and putting them through a competition to ferret out the perfect wife. Think Survivor meets the Bachelor.

Anna Herbert, a commoner from Tampa assumes the role of her cousin, a real princess named Polly who is in a bit of trouble. Anna assumes Polly's place in order to help her back in the states.

Gabriel was unprepared to m
Cindy Fong
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an enjoyable royal rom-com.

Gabriel Roarke, the heir apparent to the island of Villroy is being forced to wed. His parents embark on inviting "suitable" candidates and putting them through a competition to ferret out the perfect wife. Think Survivor meets the Bachelor.

Gabriel was unprepared to meet
Annette Krumske
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
WOW! Love Kylie Gilmore new series of the Rourkes. The Royal Catch is an humorous entertaining story of the King and Queen of Villroy inviting princesses to castle to have them participate in a contest similar to Survivors and the Bachelor. They invite them to the castle under the guise of the princesses receiving a small inheritance but they are looking to find a royal wife for their son the heir to the throne, Prince Gabriel. Anna, a beautician from Tampa is pretending to be her cousin Princes ...more
Brenda
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my very first full-romance, no violence, no death, no deceit type of book and I very much enjoyed it. Anna was likable almost immediately and Gabriel grew on me rather quickly. I could understand why he is the way he is. The amount of responsibilities he has and will soon have would make anyone a bit grumpy. I think what I enjoyed the most was that it made me laugh while still telling a good and romantic story of opposites attract. The ending was sweet and I loved how things turned out ...more
Christi Fowler
Genre: Romance - comedy, royalty
Standalone: yes
Part of a Series: yes Book 1 of The Rourkes series
POV: Anna and Gabriel
Steam Level: slow burn to toasty
5/5

Royal Catch is one of the books I debated about reading. It sounded cute but I wasn't sure if I would have time in my schedule. Well I'm really glad that I picked it up. Royal Catch was super cute. Anna was hilarious, a great character full of life and sass. Anna popped off the page as a fri
Dee Shelvey
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Crown Prince with a sense of humor but it is hidden within because a sense of duty to his family and a crown. The lengths he will go to give his father some peace in a very trying time. But he also learns of things that he wants that he didn’t even know that he wanted. He must figure out a way to get what he wants but also stay in touch with what his family needs of him. Can he deal with his mother’s plan?

Anna, undercover agent? Leading a double life to help her cousin. How far will she go to
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Linking books in new series 3 17 Apr 09, 2019 06:31PM
Sign up for Kylie's newsletter for exclusive excerpts and subscriber-only giveaways!

***Royal Catch, Royal Hottie, Royal Darling out now! Binge-read alert!***

Kylie Gilmore is the USA Today bestselling author of the Rourkes series, the Happy Endings Book Club series, the Clover Park series and the Clover Park STUDS series. She writes humorous romance that makes you laugh, cry, and reach for a cold g

The Rourkes (6 books)
  • Royal Hottie (The Rourkes, #2)
  • Royal Darling (The Rourkes, #3)
  • Royal Charmer (The Rourkes, #4)
  • Royal Player (The Rourkes, #5)
  • Royal Shark (The Rourkes, #6)