Start by marking “Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)

Royal Catch

(The Rourkes #1)

A gruff prince in need of a wife
A commoner impersonating a princess
And a bridal competition gone terribly awry…

Gabriel
I am the crown prince of Villroy, heir to a kingdom, bound by duty to marry and produce an heir.
I expected a quiet arrangement through royal channels, instead I got a palace full of women vying for my hand. And how do they “win” this barbaric game set u
Published May 14th 2019 by Extra Fancy Books (first published May 10th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Royal Catch, please sign up.

Start your review of Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)
Dali
Kylie Gilmore introduces her Rourkes series with Royal Catch, a royal romantic comedy about the surly crown prince of Villroy and the vivacious commoner posing as a princess.

Anna’s plan was simple enough: show up at Villroy Island pretending to be her friend Polly, get her inheritance and return to save her friend. Once she gets there though, she’s informed that to get “riches beyond her dreams” she’ll have to compete against nine other princesses in a “Survivor meets the Bachelor royal style”
Lauren Seiberling
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK!!!

This book is SO GOOD. Don't let the RomCom genre fool you; this book, though light and containing several laugh-out-loud moments, is SMOKING HOT. But I've come to expect this from Kylie, along with the "I can't put this down"-esque quality all of her books have...especially this one!

Anna is my FAVORITE. Extremely likeable and honest (well, except for that one thing...), she is who she is and doesn't apologize for it. What I liked the most was that she said and did what she wanted to
Alice (Married To Books)
Read on Kobo!

To sum up this book, I would say con-artist meets royalty and all choes ensues. A young girl pretending to be a wealthy heiress and participating in this bachelor/survival of the fittest challenge to help out her sister, yet instead falls head over heels for the prince, who doesn't realise of the girl's actual identity. Sometimes it was funny, good and quick read for long travel journeys. I was hoping for more excitement rather than awkward moments with side characters!
Coco.V
May 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (5/15/2019)! 🎁
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
-Sara, 5 stars

This book had me hooked from the start. Start to finish in a night I couldn’t put it down. Royal Catch had me laughing, shedding a few tears and doing the happy dance. I hope there is more from this couple! Can’t wait to read Royal Hottie.
Paula  Phillips
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it

When I learned that Kylie Gilmore was releasing a Royals series, I knew I had to read it as Royalty is one of my favorite tropes to read about. I guess it could stem from the little girl's dream of one day becoming a princess or in my sister's case when she was little, and people asked her what she wanted to be her response was the Queen so that she had servants doing her chores for her. In Royal Catch, we meet Anna, who has just learned that she has a cousin, who is a Princess. Anna who has had
Anto Butera
description
I'm gonna be honest, after the first chapter I didn't have very high hopes for this book. It all seemed so convoluted and ridiculously improbable. This one is definitely one of those books you must suspend disbelief to enjoy. Don't think too hard about it.

description

I'm 90% sure this story was written around the survivor-style princess competition. Like, that was the main plot point, the idea that sparked this book into existence, and everything else had to be written around it. Which I think it's why thos
Maree Repa
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Amazing Stars

The Royal Quest

I was absolutely thrilled to read book one, The Rourkes. Written by Kylie Gilmore. I was excited about this wonderful most romantic book. One of the hilarious and most wonderful stories to simply love and enjoy!

We meet Gabriel Rourke, who is crown prince of Villeroy and is now set to get married. His own brother, Phillip is organising the Royal Wedding itself. Although the day seems to be going to be almost Insane. Where Crazy furry animal characters are just eve
Jennifer Dale
A fun quirky book with no depth, no angst, no banter, etc.
VERY light. You don't really get to know anyone one character.
King dying. Queen doesn't want to rule without him. Prince needs a wife.
A Commoner disguised as a Princess. King and Queen disapprove.

I didn't say much b/c the little I would say would give it away. Not much to the story.

A nice quick read on the beach.
Dual POV

not a reread
SheLove2Read
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Definitely fluff but if you're in the mood for an uncomplicated read, this fits the bill. ...more
Yunn
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊 𝚏𝚞𝚗 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐.
I enjoyed this book much better than I though I would. The concept of having eight princess in a Survivor/Bachelor competition trying to win the Prince was hilarious! The writing style was easy and fluid, making this the kind of a book you read in one sitting.
I’m giving ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stars because of the competition thing going on and the easy writing. Also because of the many laughs this books gave me.
Cali Jewel
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! This journey is so heartwarming, fun and sexy... A emotionally thrilling adventure filled with crazy royal family rules and a fierce competition for so much more than money. Adored the happy couple and all the fun and interesting charters we get to know on their journey.
lowkeyreader
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good! It is a royal romantic comedy about a gruff prince and and brash commoner posing a princess.

Anna's plan was to get to Villroy, posing as Princess Polly to get an inheritance from the Queen. But little did she know she was going to participate in a competition, "Survivor meets the Bachelor royal style" as the Queen calls it, in order to sought out the perfect bride for the Prince.

Prince Gabriel expected to be arranged in a marriage through royal channels quietly. But the pre
Nikki Barrett
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That moment when an author I adore comes out with a new series, it's royal romances, and it's fun. Ok, I'm stoked!

Readers who are avid Kylie Gilmore fans will be excited to know, especially if you've read the Happy Endings Book Club series to the end and caught a glimpse of Phillip and Gabriel, that they have returned! Not to worry, you do NOT have to read that series to be able to read Royal Catch. This is a complete stand alone, however, we did get a sneak peek of these fab royals in previous
Mayas
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna/Polly was a riot. Just what what the royal palace needed. She was more of less what Gabriel needed as well. I loved her vision and willingness to put everyone above herself. Helping with her entire heart. Understanding and helping those who didn't even want to help her and deemed her lesser and not royal material.

I was grateful that she never loss herself with everything that was going on. The competition, the journey and promise, and with the ultimate HEA. I truly enjoyed the way Kylie tr
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
A dying king. A queen who refuses to royal without her spouse. A surly prince who has been groomed to take over a kingdom. An American impersonating a princess. A bachelor meets survivor style competition. This book is a mess, but not in a bad way. The heroine comes in like a wrecking ball and the twists and turns keep coming which it makes it difficult to predict the outcome mess. An overall easy read with like able characters. The storyline did feel a little rushed, but overall, a good start t ...more
Stephenee
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick, fun read that left the reader satisfied and ready to read more by this author. The characters were likable, they were fun and they gave the reader something to do. They were not complex, this is on of those no brainer reads that is perfect for those book hangovers. A little light fluff to get the reader ready to move on to the next book that they have on their list. Not a bad read, but not a MUST read NOW book either.
Clau
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: in-english, kindle
Free on amazon!
It wasn't bad... but I didn't like most characters, including Anna. It kind of reminded me of Royally Matched, but even when I don't particularly like Emma Chase, I honestly think that book was much better.
Besides, some things about the story felt kind of forced. It wasn't really funny, at least in my opinion.
Marissa Chavez
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna + Gabriel = Fun

Oh my gosh! Anna and Gabriel were awesome! I absolutely loved this pairing! I couldn't get enough of them! 💙

Can't wait to read more of this series! 😊
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Was it good? No. Was it exactly what you think you are getting? Yes. It was terrible but a fun time. Have read worse
Liz
Oct 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's outrageous, it's unbelievable, it's exactly what I was expecting.

No Bachelorette-inspired romance is award-worthy. With that said, I enjoyed this book for what it was.
WiLoveBooks
Feb 24, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read.
╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺
After reading "Fanged Love" the jointly written book by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff and Kylie Gilmore, I had to read at least one of Kylie's books to see where her ideas came from.
I could definitely see a lot of her heroine traits in both books.
So, onto this story. I really enjoyed it, and went on to read two more in the series, and will come back for more of this entertaining Royal Family.
Isha Coleman
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Audio/Ebook Review: Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1) by Kylie Gilmore

There's a fine line between fantastically, funny and realistically, wise. Gilmore walks it like a pro. Royal Catch uses humor and heart to tackle sexism in an insightful, delightful and always entertaining way. Gabriel and Anna blend over the top fantasy with modern fairytale and witty dialogue, to create irresistible romance. Duran and Wyles give life to an already  lovable duo that quickly laid claim to my heart Gilmore prov
Erin
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This book caught my emotions unaware, and captured my heart. I thought this would be a silly book, a quick and fun read with no substance. But I was unprepared for the raw emotion and heartfelt humanity that the book provided. I’ve never read a book by this author before, and I can say that I will be remedying that oversight.

We’ve got a Prince who needs a mate, and a commoner who needs a treasure. It seemed like a pithy plot, where the “haughty and arrogant” royal would of course fall for the “b
Lisa
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Royal Catch by Kylie Gilmore is the first book in her new series, The Rourkes. Told in dual POV between the haughty prince and the imposter princess - this story is a tad over the top, the plot is a little crazy, the characters are a bit much and it all works perfectly together to create this funny romantic royal romp. Throw in some serious sexual tension and familial issues, a catty competition between princesses, and a few more fantastical situations and this book pulled me in. It was funn ...more
Meg
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give Royal Catch by Kylie Gilmore 5 Stars. This is book one of The Rourkes's series and it was an easy quick read. If you love fairy tales with a twist you will love this book! It was not only romantic and steamy but it was also funny. The main characters you will fall in love with immediately. If you are a fan of reality TV shows you will absolutely love this book.

Gabriel Rourke is the next in line for the throne which means this gruff prince is in desperate need of a wife to be his queen. N
NovelMomma
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one is probably more of a 3.5 for me. It was a bit of a slow starter. There wasn’t anything I could put my finger on, so I think it was just a matter of personal preference, but I didn’t instantly feel the connection between the characters. They didn’t exactly get off on the right foot, so maybe that feeling just stuck with me for a bit. However, I stuck with it, and it definitely picked up for me the further I got.

Gabriel and Anna were interesting characters. While Anna was very much a wh
Ga Books LoverX
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 MAJOR STARS! This book was absolutely excellent and I loved every second of it. I cannot freaking wait for the next book in the series. What happens when a little bit of a stick in the mud prince meets the opposite of a princess? Want to see Hunger Game: Prince Edition? All of this and more is included in this book. It is absolutely hilarious, steamy, has an amazing plot, and is just in general an amazing read!

Anna and her cousin are in a bit of a bind so when her cousin (a princess) receives
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

I’ll be honest, for a while there I almost set Royal Catch aside because I just was not connecting to any of the characters at all, but I kept at it and eventually became invested enough to finish the book. That being said, overall, I liked Royal Catch, I just didn’t love it like I had hoped I would have. I love royal romances, there is just something about possibly becoming a princess or prince that tugs at the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Linking books in new series 3 18 Apr 09, 2019 06:31PM

• Forgetting the Billionaire (A Clean Billionaire Romance, #1)
  • Falling for You (Sapphire Bay, #1)
  • After the Fire (The Firefighter Trilogy, #1)
  • First Instinct (Hammond Brothers, #1)
  • Beauty and the Professor (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #1)
  • Impasse (L.A. Nights, #2)
  • Loving the Storm (The Delaneys of Cambria, #3)
  • Hilariously Ever After
  • Forbidden Crown (Princes of Avce #1)
  • Super Hot Supervisor (Tender Tarts, #1)
  • Big Player (Size Matters #3)
  • Worth the Risk (Alpha One, #1)
  • Amazed by You (Riding Tall 2, #1)
  • An Affair in Winter (Seasons #1)
  • Small-Town Secrets (Door County #1)
  • Trouble in a Tight Dress (Six Points Security, #1)
  • A Brit Complicated (Castle Calder #3)
  • Dancing on a Moonbeam (Bedford Falls, 1)
Sign up for Kylie's newsletter for exclusive excerpts and subscriber-only giveaways!

***DASHING is out now!***

Kylie Gilmore is the USA Today bestselling author of the Unleashed Romance series, the Rourkes series, the Happy Endings Book Club series, the Clover Park series and the Clover Park STUDS series. She writes humorous romance that makes you laugh, cry, and reach for a cold glass of water.

Kyli

The Rourkes (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Royal Hottie (The Rourkes, #2)
  • Royal Darling (The Rourkes, #3)
  • Royal Charmer (The Rourkes, #4)
  • Royal Player (The Rourkes, #5)
  • Royal Shark (The Rourkes, #6)
  • Rogue Prince (The Rourkes #7)
  • Rogue Gentleman (The Rourkes, #8)
  • Rogue Rascal (The Rourkes, #9)
  • Rogue Angel (The Rourkes, #10)
  • Rogue Devil (The Rourkes, #11)

News & Interviews