Start by marking “Magic on the Map #1: Let's Mooove!” as Want to Read:
Magic on the Map #1: Let's Mooove!

Magic on the Map #1: Let's Mooove!

(Magic on the Map #1)

On the last day of second grade, twins Spencer and Maggie Parker come home from school to find a camper van in their driveway. And not just any camper; a magic camper that can transport them to every state in the continental US. This is perfect for Maggie, who loves geography and is a star student, and for Spencer, who's been failing his geography quizzes and could use the ...more
Published May 7th 2019 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Magic on the Map #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic on the Map #1

Christian
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Other people have said as much -- kind of like the Magic Treehouse books, but not as interesting or compelling.
Erin
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I revived an ARC from the publisher of this book. It definitely reminded me of the Magic Treehouse series but a bit more modern. I wish there was more about the PET (camper) as I have students who would be very interested in that!!

Good story, interesting dynamic between the twins. I’ll have my 8 year old read it as well to better get a grasp on what the age group it’s written for think about the concept.
Marcie
Between 3 and 4 for this Magic Treehouse wanna be. However Since this first volume in the series is set in Colorado I moved it to 4. The series is geography and touches on history and I can see it as a 1st grade read aloud and/or second grade guided reader. Didn't quite get to finish it as it is a summer reading prize and I'll have to wait to get a library copy.
Rev Gary
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
It reminds me a lot of the Magic Tree House series. The RV PET machine was a good idea. The characters are realistic and just waiting for more development. Having read almost all of the Magic Tree House series, I really believe this will be that good or better.
Alison
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So sweet with a very fun premise! Highly recommend to all my elementary school teacher friends or parent friends looking for something for their new readers!
Julia Crainshaw
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: grade-school
New series perfect for fans of The Magic Tree House. Grades 1 - 3.
Brenda
May 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was hoping for more, but will keep up with the series. It is on the easy side for 3rd grade, but it fits with our exploration of our country. I wonder what kids will think>
Joy
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: jfic
Started out strong but then it lost my interest. I hope the twins will be developed more in the coming books.
Anne Afshar
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reading some children's book to ascertain the grade level --- this is a cute new series that should be fun for kids and educational. Twins, a boy & girl, go out on adventures on a magic camper!
Susan Bartol
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids-books
Simple story - without out much depth to it and an easy resolution.
Lauren S
May 19, 2019
Emily Frandsen
Aug 24, 2019
Bianca
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Piper
Jul 25, 2019
Karen Gibson
Jul 20, 2019
Charlotte
Jul 24, 2019
Michele Knott
Sep 15, 2019
Born in California. Raised in New York. Went to law school, now write full time. Love: long walks, fresh notebooks, the smell of brownies, pomegranate seeds. Don't love: yogurt, spam (the email kind, and the food kind), deep water, deserted city streets.

My new middle grade series, The Kindness Club, debuts this fall. Look for book 1, CHLOE ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, on November 1, 2016.

Other recent books