Start by marking “Dear Wife” as Want to Read:
Dear Wife

Dear Wife

CAN SHE ESCAPE THE PERSON SHE ONCE LOVED?

Beth Murphy is on the run…

For nearly a year, Beth has been plotting to leave her abusive husband. This is her one chance at freedom—one that requires a new look, new name and new city. Each part of her plan has to be carefully thought out, because one small slip and her violent husband will find her.

Sabine Hardison is missing…

A coup
Published June 25th 2019 by Park Row

To ask other readers questions about Dear Wife, please sign up.
Kimberly Belle It's up on Netgalley, and there will be giveaways here and on my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyBell.... Thanks for your interest, hope you…moreIt's up on Netgalley, and there will be giveaways here and on my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyBell.... Thanks for your interest, hope you get your hands on a copy! (less)

Meredith
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Unputdownable!!

Dear Wife is a suspenseful and twisty read about a woman on the run and another who has gone missing. Are they one and the same or is there more going on than meets the eye?

“Beth” is on the run from her abusive husband. She has a plan and must not veer off course or else she will become her husband's prey.

Sabine, a prominent realtor in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, has gone missing. Her deadbeat husband, Jeffery, is the number one suspect in her disappearance.

Jeffery, well, he has so
j e w e l s
FIVE STARS HAPPY PUBLICATION DAY!

DEAR WIFE is a juicy, female driven thriller. There are actually a few wives that go missing in this novel and you, the reader, are tasked with the fun work of untangling the knots of which wives go with which husbands or lovers. It is an extremely clever literary ruse that Kimberly Belle has cooked up! I thoroughly enjoyed the uniquely crafted story structure.

At first, I found the character roster somewhat confusing and I’m not sure this book could translate wel
Norma * Traveling Sister
Holy Shooty Balls!!! Thrilling, highly compulsive, & mind-blowing stuff!

Oh my goodness what did I just read? An absolutely fabulous thriller that’s what! This book was incredible and I am so thrilled to say that this book is my new favourite!!!

DEAR WIFE by KIMBERLY BELLE is a gripping, suspenseful, dark, brisk, and twisty thriller that was absolutely unputdownable. I was immediately sucked in and devoured every single page of this spellbinding entertaining book. Once I started reading it I
Susanne  Strong
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
4.25 Stars* (rounded down)

Just call this Creepy and Cray-Cray and Call it a Day!

Marriage: It’s not that bad (Really!).. at least not according to Jeffrey. Ask his wife Sabine and you might get a different answer. The problem of course, is that you can’t ask Sabine. She’s missing and well, you know how it works, once Jeffrey discovers it and reports his wife missing, his sister-in-law Ingrid and the police suspect Jeffrey of murder. After all, he and Sabine had a few tense moments and well, it’
(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
This was my first Kimberly Belle book & I couldn't put it down! Why did I wait so long to give her a try?

Beth Murphy is on the run from her abusive husband. She knows he's coming after her, it's simply a matter of time before he finds her.

Sabine Hardison is missing. Her life is anything but what it seemed. Is she on the run or has she met with a more sinister end?

Marcus, the investigating Detective will stop at nothing, tracking down leads, determined to bring the missing woman home.

Told i
Dorie  - Traveling Sister :)
***NOW AVAILABLE, MY #1 THRILLER FOR THIS YEAR***

I was looking for a thriller to get me through yet another miserable, cold and rainy weekend. This one did the job, I didn’t do anything else but read this yesterday. This is that compulsive read that so many thrillers say they are but few deliver.

From the blurb you know that Beth is on the run from her abusive husband, that Sabine is missing and that the police, in particular Marcus, are increasingly distraught at not having any substantial clu
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Drop everything you are reading and pick up a copy of Kimberly Belle’s latest novel of psychological suspense, Dear Wife!!!

I am a big fan of Kimberly Belle—I’ve read all of her books. I have to say that this one is the best yet!

About the Book

Beth Murphy is on the run… Of course, that isn’t Beth’s real name—that’s something she will take with her—she has to if she wants to stay alive. Beth has been planning this for months—her escape. It’s the only way to get away from her husband and his abuse.
marilyn
Once I started to read Dear Wife, I did not want to put it down. I made it to 2 am and then had to go to bed before I could finish the book but if I could have stayed awake longer I would have finished the book in one read. This was a thriller that had me going, had me wondering what was what and who was who and it all came together so well, in the end.

The story is told from the points of view of Beth, Jeffrey, and Marcus. Beth is running away from her unnamed abusive husband and she's done a l
Kaceey
4.5*
Wowza! That was one finely-crafted, twisty tale!

Beth Murphy needs to disappear! Leaving an abusive relationship behind. One thing she knows for certain…if he finds her, he will kill her. How far does she need to go before she’s safe? How deeply under cover can she hide? And will it ever be enough?

A flurry of moving parts taking place. Her husband proclaiming his innocence. Her sister pointing fingers. The detective in charge turning over every rock!

This is the second book by Kimberly Belle
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4.25 I cannot put it down, it is glued to my hands, imprinted on my mind, this book is sooo good stars!!!

It was one of the most enjoyable time I`ve had by reading this fast-paced , mind-bending, gripping, fascinating book. You know the feeling, you had work to do but you want to grip your book and read it in one night! Unfortunately you have obligations but in the meantime you cannot concentrate on your work because your mind is stuck on the book’s story, you ask yourself “what’s gonna happen ne
Kendall
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Dear wife, I found you"

Oh my goodness!! Boy, did I have fun with this one! What a ride!!

Dear Wife is an exceptionally dark thriller that will leave you highly entertained turning those pages. This was my first read by Kimberly Belle and am glad I finally read something by her!

Kimberly Belle delivers part domestic fiction and part thriller with this juicy set of characters. Beth Murphy is on the run and has been planning this for over a year. Who is she running from and why?

Sabine Hardison is
Felicia
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"If my husband doesn't report me missing, am I really gone?"

I don't know!!
Are you really gone?
Who is your husband??
Who are YOU???

Take a shot of Gone Girl with a generous splash of Sleeping With the Enemy and it still won't taste as good as Dear Wife.

From the fabulous cover
to the captivating plot
to the carefully crafted twist
to the fast and to-the-point writing style of Kimberly Belle,
this book is a compulsive read from beginning to end.

4.5 ⭐

**I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for
Holly  B
Another fast-paced and thrilling read from Kimberly Belle!

I really enjoyed The Marriage Lie (2016) and her latest did not disappoint. I was quickly wrapped up in Beth's escape plan from her overbearing and abusive husband. She is on the run, but you won't imagine the obstacles that she will have to face. She knows that he will be hot on her trail, BUT can he catch her?

Cat and mouse? or Mouse and cat?

If you're looking for a fast summer read with a clever plot, some different POV's and scattered r
Brenda - Traveling Sister
After reading this one there were a few excited and happy Traveling Sisters expressing just how much we loved it! We all highly recommend!

Kimberly Belle nails it here with this intense thriller. Dear Wife is one exciting thriller that is not to be missed. The most exciting thing here is how Kimberly Belle takes a story that really isn’t a new storyline and turns into an exciting, entertaining and compelling thriller. She introduces us to the characters through their different POV and kept us gue
Elyse Walters
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Am I the only reader who busted a gut - or would - if you read what I did - laughing at these two sentences? - (4%- kindle reading)
“How difficult is it to put things back where they belong? To line the clothes up by color?

Ok, friends, fess up - your closet habits? 👗👠🧦👔👞...Do tell!!

Back to the story:
Jeffrey came home to an empty house from
a business trip. His wife Sabine was gone. Her Mercedes was gone. A pile of dirty dishes were “crawling” up the sink and onto the countertop. Crumbs on the co
Jayme
Jeffrey Hardison returns home from a business trip to find a messy house and no sign of his wife. But, she is a very successful real estate agent, who often has late night showings with prospective clients, so although he isn’t pleased that she isn’t home, he isn’t concerned. At first.

Her twin sister, Ingrid IS immediately concerned. She and Sabine speak several times a day, and they share everything about their lives with one another. She knows that Jeffrey isn’t the loving husband he portrays
Judy Collins
Check out my FUN Q&A Elevator Ride Exclusive Interview with powerhouse author, Kimberly Belle.

DEAR WIFE is cleverly constructed, twisty, fast-paced, emotionally explosive, heart-pounding suspense, characters to die for—the writing superb, and razor sharp.

Be prepared to be "blindsided." The talented author exceeds all expectations and then some. Loved this book.

My initial IG and Twitter post after reading: "WOW!! 🎬 Blown Away "Hotlanta"#thriller The BEST of 2019. @KimberlySBelle knocks
Julie (JuJu)
I’ve been drooling over this book since I saw it! This hard-to-put-down, twisty suspense is bound to be one of the best psychological thrillers this year!

Thank you to NetGalley, Park Row and Kimberly Belle for this ARC, in exchange for my honest review!

After reading “Dear Wife” (my first book by this author), I understand all the praise and hype around Kimberly Belle. This was intense, riveting, hilarious at times and full of suspense and twists! 🖤

The characters were well-developed and fascinat
Jayme
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Dita
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I had this book all figured out. I was half right! I smugly decided to hang in there even though I was sure I knew it all and while I was right there was still a delicious surprise or two!!

I REALLY enjoyed this book and I highly recommend it!!

Thank you to NetGalley for giving me this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Selena
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free e-copy of Dear Wife by Kimberly Belle from NetGalley for my honest review.

Wow, what a twisted and suspenseful read.

Beth is a battered wife who has been planning her escape from her husband and marriage of ten years. She knows she needs to get out before he kills her. Her husband, however, is clever and merciless. A clever game of cat and mouse but who will win? An intense read you won't be able to put down.
Alexa
Feb 22, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Post publication edit: So I checked the publication copy and they didn't change a SINGLE THING, so I must remain true to my word and drop my star rating down to 1-star. It really does suck b/c the thriller part was GREAT but I cannot get past racism and transphobia, I just can't. It's lazy and tacky.

Now I feel comfortable being more specific. I have many quotes for all of this, but I am going to limit my direct quoting and description of the transphobia specifically because it feels distasteful
Stephanie (Stephanie's Novel Fiction)
Three Days Missing made me a fan of Kimberly Belle but Dear Wife propelled her into auto-buy status. Y'all, I read this book as a buddy read with Tamara over at Traveling With T blog and we both think this is a juicy, delicious, twisted read!

Beth is on the run from her abusive husband―she's made one thing very clear: if he finds her, he's going to kill her. She's gone to a lot of trouble over the past year carefully planning her escape down to the very last detail by making sure she's saved lots
preoccupiedbybooks
A compulsive read, which made my heart race and my palms sweat.

Beth Murphy is on the run from her abusive husband. Sabine Hardison is missing. Her sister is, worried, and Sabine's husband Geoffrey is suspected of foul play. Marcus is the police officer investigating Sabine's disappearance.

Dear Wife was a cleverly written thriller, which hooked me in quickly, and kept me entertained. I did guess one of the major plots, but I can't decide if I was meant to?! I'm not usually great at knowing what'
Jamie
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 thrilling stars!

Kimberly Belle, you have yet to let me down! And with Dear Wife, you have outdone yourself. With equal parts thriller and domestic fiction, we learn of the missing Sabine, the "it's always the husband" Jeffrey, detective Marcus and then there's the woman on the run, Beth. All of these characters have something to hide, but it may not be what you think. In a fast paced, tensions high setting, we follow Beth as she runs from an abusive husband and the others as they hunt for mi
Jen
4 Stars

Why doesn’t she just leave? gets asked in living rooms and courtrooms across the country, when a better question would be, Why doesn’t he let her go? It took me a while, but I’ve finally figured out the answer. You’d sooner kill me than let me go.

Her name and identification may be brand new, but Beth Murphy has been planning her escape for years. Burner cellphones? Check. Ditching her car for a non-descript and untraceable hunk of junk? Check. Traveling halfway across the country then b
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Happy pub day to Dear Wife!

Beth has been preparing for this day, she has hidden away money, she has plotted her routes, and she has left the past behind her. She knows he will follow though, that at some point he will find her.
Sabine is missing, there are no clues left behind and the police have little to go on. Her husband seems desperate to find her, but Sabine's future plans are very different than the ones he thought they shared and the police
Amy
I fell in love with Belle’s writing when I totally devoured The Marriage Lie and despite reading it a few years ago I still think about that ending to this day! If you haven’t read that one do yourself a favor and get on it and then when you get done grab this one because it does not disappoint either! In a market saturated with authors trying to be the next Gone Girl on a Train Who Bumped Her Head and Can’t Remember Who She Is, Belle is a standout. Her books are extremely clever and while I wou ...more
Heather Gudenkauf
A woman on the run, a grieving husband, a bereft sister, a brokenhearted lover, a determined detective - or are they? Nothing is as it seems in Kimberly Belle’s, knockout thriller, DEAR WIFE. I tore through the pages of this clever, multi-layered stunner that not even the most astute suspense fan will be able to see what’s coming until the final, jaw-dropping twist. Clear your calendar and put DEAR WIFE at the top of your to-be-read list. Five breathtaking stars!
Dennis
I keep teetering between 4 and 5 stars for Kimberly Belle's upcoming domestic thriller Dear Wife , so I'm rounding up because it's my first read by the author. Dear Wife is a story about determination—Beth Murphy is on the run. She is escaping her abusive husband, assumed a new identity, and has fled from her home. Beth knows that her husband will find her if she makes any wrong move, and is determined to achieve the safety that she deserves. At the same time, Sabine Hardison is missing. Sabi ...more

• After the End
  • The Perfect Wife
  • Before She Was Found
  • Keep You Close
  • Temper
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • All Eyes on Us
  • The Better Sister
Kimberly Belle is the USA Today and internationally bestselling author of five novels, including the forthcoming domestic suspense, Dear Wife (June 2019). Her third novel, The Marriage Lie, was a semifinalist in the 2017 Goodreads Choice Awards for Best Mystery & Thriller, and her work has been translated into a dozen languages. A graduate of Agnes Scott College, Belle divides her time between ...more
“Not every question has an answer. Not every problem has a solution. But if you’re open for it, there is grace in uncertainty.” 0 likes
“Only an asshole stands in the way of soul mates.” 0 likes