Start by marking “The Glycemic-Load Diet Cookbook: 150 Recipes to Help You Lose Weight and Reverse Insulin Resistance” as Want to Read:

Now you can eat up, slim down, and control insulin--with 150 easy recipes that are scientifically designed and sinfully good

Imagine being able to lose weight while enjoying satisfying amounts of delicious food. Now, thanks to Dr. Rob Thompson's revolutionary eating plan based on the breakthrough science of the glycemic load, you can prepare fabulously filling meals that ac
Published October 1st 2008 by McGraw-Hill Education

To ask other readers questions about The Glycemic-Load Diet Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Glycemic-Load Diet Cookbook

Louisa
May 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: meh-ok
bit disappointed with this, quite concerned with the amount of spend a used in this book which is as far as I'm concerned a million times worse than a baked potato, whatever the gl of of it is.

But then I suppose it doesn't say healthy it says low GL. It just goes to show that because something is low sugar or low something it doesn't mean it's healthy.

I've come away from this book and another I recently read by Robert Lustig called fat chance, with the knowledge that if it's not from a natural
Jennifer Barr
Feb 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Some outdated nutritional info, but the recipes are most disappointing. She writes about artificial sweeteners being helpful for some people, but then then the recipes are full of the stuff, with no substitutions for those of us that don’t want or need them.
Susie
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book has some delicious-looking recipes that are sure to help me on my Journey to Not Eat Out For Every Meal. And I'm happily excited that they will also help me manage weight and blood sugar levels. The book does have a bit of an element of THIS IS HOW YOU SHOULD EAT AND YOU CAN NEVER EAT ANYTHING ELSE like most diet books, so remember to take it with a grain of salt and go with your intuition. It's also a fun read.
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
The only good thing for me is that some of the recipes I can eat/modify for my vegetarian needs.

I do believe in moderation, and I think that this book is a little extreme for me. It's a combo of Paleo and Atkins. So that might be up your alley.

My DR told me that eating less sugar will help with my Hypothyroidism, so that is the only reason I read this. It was more of a miss than a hit for me. I jotted down some of the recipes and I'm going to try them.
Megan Blosser
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I checked this out of the library hoping to add some new recipes to my repertoire, but there was WAY too much use of artificial sweeteners. To each his own, but I was hoping to see "real" foods used in creative ways; not zero calorie subs in run of the mill recipes.
Elise
Aug 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Good explanations about how starches affect our bodies. Also, includes ideas for restaurant eating by category, so you can stay on track.
Deb
Aug 24, 2012 rated it liked it
It's good to recognize the difference between the glycemic index and the glycemic load, which is mostly about portion size. I did copy some of the recipes to try.
Rebecca
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-and-drink
This book is chock full of easy to make recipes. Everything I have tried is delicious and even my meat loving DH happily ate everything.
Brianon Sheffield
Jul 02, 2015 rated it liked it
the recipes were not that helpful, but the information was very good.
kristin connor