Start by marking “The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)

The Fadeaway

(Smart Jocks #2)

This college jock is a total player. He’s used to getting who and what he wants. Until her. . .

Katrina
The hottest guy on campus won’t stop asking me out. I know that sounds like a good problem to have, but this guy… this guy has no idea how complicated my life is trying to juggle being a single mom and college student.
Every Thursday, he shows up at the café where I work.
Published March 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Fadeaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fadeaway

Start your review of The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
Christy
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

photo 7372470E-4E4D-42F5-9F24-454135C1696A_zps6qivzyw5.png

The Fadeaway is the second book in Rebecca Jenshak’s ‘Smart Jocks’ series. I liked the first book, but this one… this one I loved!

Joel is the playboy of his basketball team. He’s rich, a player, and an all around great guy. And he’s got his eye set on the one girl who won’t give him the time of day. Katrina finds Joel attractive and would love to go out with him, but there is something holding her back… well, someone. She’s a single mom and full time college student and doesn’t have
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
Come on. I’ve been asking you out for five months. Throw a guy a bone.”
Or, you know, let me stick mine in you.

OH MY GOD! Where did this book come from?! I have so many feelings! SO MANY FEELINGS! Marry me, Rebecca Jenshak. And read me bed time stories like this forever. What? Too much? Fine *huffs*. I'll tone it down. Maybe. Probably not. WHATEVER. Stop judging me. This book was fantastic, ok?!

Now look, it's no secret that I'm a picky s word. I own it. And I'm especially picky when
Melanie (mells_view)
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
“If you’re not willing to risk it all, then you don’t want it bad enough.”

All I can say is that Joel and Katrina’s story did not disappoint. A single mom and a basketball playing playboy don’t really seem like they should work, but both of them are more than just their top layers. Katrina is working hard to be a good student and amazing mom. She is strong and I love that in a heroine. I also love when they stay themselves while falling in love. I think Jenshak does a great job keeping both
~♡AB♡~

I devoured this book, I absolutely loved it and I have discovered a new author that I really recommend.

Single mum Katrina loves Thursdays because that's when super hot jock Joel Moreno comes in for a coffee and a question - "will you go out with me?"

She always says no, because life is way too complicated to date someone who is a known commitment-phobe, but she dreads the day that he gets bored of asking her out.

Joel doesn't usually pursue girls, and completely oblivious to her role as a mother
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook review. It takes a truly great story for me to buy the reformed manwhore bit. Especially when the heroine is a single mother. This novel was crafted in such a way that I not only believed it but I fell in love with the characters!

Joel is a sexy, smart jock with a lot to offer a lady, only he wasn’t interested in doing so until Katrina. Katrina’s life is complicated and she’s got very little time for distractions but Joel is not having it.

The plot takes us through their courting and
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This had some good times as well as some frustrating moments. I like the single parent angle in romances and I especially like it when it's with an unlikely hero, so this was right up my alley! I just feel like where it could've gone to a different level for me as an emotional reader it fell a little flat. I just wanted more. Disappointed, but I'll give it 3 "just okay" Stars overall.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Katrina and Joel's story. Joel meets Katrina
Love2ReadRomance
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Fadeaway was a great, unique story that I could not put down. Katrina’s strength fascinated me, and I admired her drive to accomplish her life goals despite the circumstances life dealt her. Don’t judge a book by its cover with Joel. His persona showed a player and partier, but he had such a sweet spirit. I’m excited to see where this series goes in the next book.
Claire Robinson
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Ever think you’re not the person everyone thinks you are...?" Stars!

I fell in love with the characters in this series in the first book, and ladies’ man Joel Moreno was high up there on the list of likes, and Rebecca did not disappoint with his story. The second book in the Smart Jocks series, pairs our affable charmer up with a single mom, and The Fadeaway was a book I read on one sitting because it just pulled me in from the get-go.

"I know you better than you think I do…"

One of my
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 stars

What a nice surprise, the first book was ok but I really adored this one! I just couldn’t put it down, I love the romance a lot and the story was captivating! Katrina and Joel has an amazing banter , there was angst they were flirty and sweet too!

Joel has wanted to take Katrina out since the very first time he asked her out.I loved how much he wanted her and what he done for her! He is a really sweet sexy and swoon worthy hero! He was perfect for her, the only reason this wasn’t a 5
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
I am IN LOVE with this series and these characters. Rebecca is a new to me author and I just can't get enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited to devour Zeke and Gabby's story next. GAH! That one is going to be ALL THE FEELS.
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead,3.5* rounded up

Ok it's late, I'm sleepy so this is gonna be quick...... ish

H goes to the cafe where the h works every Thursday to ask her out but she keeps shutting him down until she realizes he can speak Spanish and thus assist her with her play.
He's a known manwhore and she got pregnant from her one and only hookup and hasn't been on a date since
In the previous book I got the impression that he was with other girls after being shut down by Katrina but I'm not going to go back
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

‘If I give my heart to Katrina, it will fucking ruin me when she eventually walks away.’

So, as you know we read The Assist, our first book by Rebecca Jenshak and had to jump straight into The Fadeaway! Whilst we really enjoyed the first book in this series falling in love with Wes and Blair, as well as the rest of the jocks, there really was something very special about Joel and Kitty’s story. It ticked all the boxes for us. The two jocks that intrigued us the most coming out of The
Carmen Rae
After putting down The Assist I immediately had to run off to KU and grab The Fadeaway and I loved it. I am a huge sucker for single parent romance and I love college sports romance and this combined them both perfectly.

Joel was the ultimate cocky, man whore player and after seeing the procession of ladies through his room in The Assist I had high hopes for his fall. When I realised his leading lady was single mum Katrina I was super excited. I really wasn't expecting her for him.

But he was
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Calling lovers of NA sport romances! I don’t know where I have been but I’m loving this world. What I love most is the unique plot line. This one has a single mom, but it doesn’t take the traditional plot line i was expecting. So good!

Another great narrating duo!
nikki
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THE FADEAWAY was probably one of my most highly anticipated books for 2019, and it was everything I hoped it would be, and so much more. We first met Joel in THE ASSIST, which was Wes and Blair’s book. He came across as the typical jock; rude, crass, bigheaded and a massive player. Dont get me wrong, he is ALL of those things, on the surface, but in this book we see a totally different side to him. He is sweet, loving and actually very insecure.
I hoped that his leading lady was going to be
~Stéphanie's Journal~
!!! Fangirling alert!!!
Where to begin to describe how much I loved and enjoyed The Fadeaway? It was pure bliss from A to Z!
Joel & Katrina were cute together, they were swoon worthy and I thoroughly enjoyed every single minute reading about them! I am on cloud nine.

«Every girl wants to be the one that changes your mind and captures your heart–the one that makes you want more.»

Joel is a basketball player or just a player for that matter! He doesn’t hide the fact he doesn’t do relationship and
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 50 Dec 8 – 14 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk
Ambriehl Khalil
[4/5 Stars]

YES I LOVE JOEL. He is so dang cute I want to squeeze him.

At first I wasn’t sure about this couple and I was a bit disappointed once we found out about Katrina’s situation. I’ve read a lot of single parent books and they have to have a real spark to stand out for me. That aspect of this book was fine but it wasn’t my favourite thing. I more so just really enjoyed Joel as a character. I liked his determination and witty personality so much.

I already really love this series and
Annabelle Anders
Audiobook Review

Overall 4.5 stars
Performance 5 stars
Story 4 stars

This series is such a fun twist on the NA sports romance. After loving The Assist, I couldn't wait to get to Joel's story next. This is book 2 in the series, but it can be enjoyed as a standalone. I definitely recommend the previous book though, because it's a great read/listen and that is where our characters are introduced.

It's no secret that my least favorite type of romance hero is the manwhore. Thankfully, Joel ended up being
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-love, audible
I'm a sucker for single parent romances and when you add sports in there I'm all over it! I really enjoyed The Assist so I was primed and ready for Joel and Katrina's story. It wasn't quite as angsty as I was expecting (and I'm not mad about that) and it came from an unexpected source - reading Joel's backstory is unexpected and the way that Rebecca Jenshak laid it out was masterful. I love how the timeline for Katrina and Joel's story and Blair and Wes' overlap and how we got sneak peaks at ...more
Angie
I play my best ball on the outside--long shots, jumpers, and fadeaways--that's my clutch move. I'm real good at the fadeaway. The best. On the court and off. You can't guard someone who shoots and moves backward. You just can't. I've staked my future and my personal life on that one move. --Joel Moreno

After reading about Bless (Blair and Wes) in THE ASSIST, I was excited to read about how Joel, the cocky and gorgeous-as-hell playboy, meets his match in Katrina, a single mother struggling to
Rebecca
4.5 STARS

"Ever feel like you're not the person everyone thinks you are?"

It's been a while since I've a read a book in one sitting, but once I started this one, I devoured it in one afternoon. On the surface, Joel is the heartless playboy, but there's much more to his character. Kat is the type of strong/NA heroine I adore, and the fact she's a single mom/college student made me admire her even more. This is a fabulous slow burn romance, and I enjoyed seeing all the characters from the first
Kelly (Simply Kelina) C.
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I was actually sent the audiobook for the third book in this series first. I started it and stopped as I felt like I was missing knowing things around the characters from the previous books in the series. Then I was offered book one and two. I flew through book one and absolutely loved it. These
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This was the 3rd book by Rebecca Jenshak I’ve read and she hasn’t disappointed me yet! This one is the second in a series. The Assist was the first one and it told the story of Wes and Blair. The Fadeaway tells about Katrina and Joel. We met Katrina in The Assist and we know she works in the campus coffee shop and has a kid. But that’s about all we know. And we know Joel as one of the stars on the basketball team who is a player and has lots of money because of his family. But what we don’t know ...more
Emily (Emily.Reads_)
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Joel and Katrina! This was such a fun college sports romance story, one of my favorite types of stories to read.

Katrina is a single mom at college and Joel is a college basketball player.

“It means that I’m willing to risk you turning me down every week because there’s always a chance you’ll say yes. I might fail ninety-nine times before I succeed, but I’m going to keep trying because I want you. You’re not the ball, Kitty, you’re the goal.”

I especially loved the humor and back and forth
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
Joel and Katrina!! I loved peeling back the layers of Joel and getting to see the man he really is. I also loved that Katrina was a college student/single mom. Great read!
2kasmom
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book #2, in the Smart Jocks series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this great series in order.

Katrina is completely thankful that such a hot jock asks her out each week. Is it crazy that she enjoys it? It makes her feel pretty and helps her make it through. When he really wants to take her out, what will she say?

Joel has wanted to take Katrina out since the very first time he asked her out. The past and how
Lexi Cubbins
After the first book, I was dying to know how could the biggest player and the single mom possibly fit together. I knew there was more to Joel than his whorish ways, but I wasn't ready for this.

Katrina was a strong heroine, I respected the hell out of her. She got pregnant super young but she didn't give up her original life goals. She still goes to college, works, and does a great job raising her son even though Christian's dad is unreliable and her parents are not close enough to help with
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • The Dugout
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • I Hate You
  • The Lineup
  • Enemies
  • Checked (Boston Terriers Hockey #1)
  • Iced (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • The Locker Room
  • Dirty Player
  • Hopeless Romantic (McCabe Brothers, #1)
  • Focused
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • Dear Ava
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
Rebecca Jenshak is a new adult romance author. A Midwest native transplanted to the desert, she likes being outdoors (drinking on patios) and singing (in the shower) when she isn't writing books about hot guys and the girls who love them.
Sign up for her newsletter for FREE STUFF: https://www.subscribepage.com/rebecca...

Amazon: https://goo.gl/6VtdGu
Facebook: https://goo.gl/ix1kB2
Instagram:

Smart Jocks (4 books)
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks, #3)
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)