Start by marking “The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)

The Fadeaway

(Smart Jocks #2)

This college jock is a total player. He’s used to getting who and what he wants. Until her. . .

Katrina
The hottest guy on campus won’t stop asking me out. I know that sounds like a good problem to have, but this guy… this guy has no idea how complicated my life is trying to juggle being a single mom and college student.
Every Thursday, he shows up at the café where I work.
Published March 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Fadeaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fadeaway

Melanie (mells_view)
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
“If you’re not willing to risk it all, then you don’t want it bad enough.”

All I can say is that Joel and Katrina’s story did not disappoint. A single mom and a basketball playing playboy don’t really seem like they should work, but both of them are more than just their top layers. Katrina is working hard to be a good student and amazing mom. She is strong and I love that in a heroine. I also love when they stay themselves while falling in love. I think Jenshak does a great job keeping both char
Love2ReadRomance
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Fadeaway was a great, unique story that I could not put down. Katrina’s strength fascinated me, and I admired her drive to accomplish her life goals despite the circumstances life dealt her. Don’t judge a book by its cover with Joel. His persona showed a player and partier, but he had such a sweet spirit. I’m excited to see where this series goes in the next book.
nikki
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THE FADEAWAY was probably one of my most highly anticipated books for 2019, and it was everything I hoped it would be, and so much more. We first met Joel in THE ASSIST, which was Wes and Blair’s book. He came across as the typical jock; rude, crass, bigheaded and a massive player. Dont get me wrong, he is ALL of those things, on the surface, but in this book we see a totally different side to him. He is sweet, loving and actually very insecure.
I hoped that his leading lady was going to be sing
Annabelle Anders
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Joel (fans self).
Enough said.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This was the 3rd book by Rebecca Jenshak I’ve read and she hasn’t disappointed me yet! This one is the second in a series. The Assist was the first one and it told the story of Wes and Blair. The Fadeaway tells about Katrina and Joel. We met Katrina in The Assist and we know she works in the campus coffee shop and has a kid. But that’s about all we know. And we know Joel as one of the stars on the basketball team who is a player and has lots of money because of his family. But what we don’t know ...more
Emily
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Joel and Katrina! This was such a fun college sports romance story, one of my favorite types of stories to read.

Katrina is a single mom at college and Joel is a college basketball player.

“It means that I’m willing to risk you turning me down every week because there’s always a chance you’ll say yes. I might fail ninety-nine times before I succeed, but I’m going to keep trying because I want you. You’re not the ball, Kitty, you’re the goal.”

I especially loved the humor and back and forth
yasmin
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to read Joel’s story. In book one, he’s this manwhore looking for a good time, the life of the party. And I was ready for him to meet the woman that would bring him to his knees.

And bring him to his knees she did, guys!!! HE WAS A GONER! It was the best thing.

The group of friends is another thing I love about this series. Everyone treats each other like family. I hope to see more of them in the future. Basically what I’m trying to say is, the characters are fucking amazing.

The
2kasmom
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book #2, in the Smart Jocks series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this great series in order.

Katrina is completely thankful that such a hot jock asks her out each week. Is it crazy that she enjoys it? It makes her feel pretty and helps her make it through. When he really wants to take her out, what will she say?

Joel has wanted to take Katrina out since the very first time he asked her out. The past and how th
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
This was the first book I've read by Rebecca Jenshak. I thoroughly enjoyed this new adult/sports contemporary book filled with witty charm, emotion, and unique twists that it kept me captivated the whole way through.

Joel Moreno hasn't had to work for much. As a star basketball player at Valley University, girls pretty much fall at his feet, so when Katrina Phillips turns him down, he accepts it as a challenge. You see, he actually didn't get to be a star player by talent alone, he did work for
Johnaka
The Fadeaway by Rebecca Jenshak
“Will they let love in? 5 stars”

Katrina isn’t your typical college student. Yes, she may look it, but her priorities are not on what party to hit up and what to wear but more on the do I have snacks for soccer practice scale. When one of the basketball stars starts asking her out, she’s flattered but she won’t be another notch on a bed post. What she didn’t expect was for Joel to be persistent. Will she let him in?
Joel has it all. He’s got basketball, his friends,
Anna
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Fadeaway is about a sexy college basketball player, Joel, who avoids relationships due to being seriously hurt by his high school girlfriend. Katrina is a young mom to her adorable 3 year-old son and I love how she is a dedicated mom and is striving to fulfill her dream of completely college. I like how Katrina “Kitty” continually rebuffed Joel as I found myself laughing when he got all bent out of shape as no girl has ever refused him before. Joel completely closes himself off to relationsh ...more
Reckless Readers
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now this is a good college romance!!! I love these characters and how they fit so perfectly together.
Katrina or aka Kitty as Joel calls her is not wanting to get involved with anyone but she has a son.
Joel is the top basketball star and doesn't have time or want a commitment. However he is drawn in by her beauty.
Sparks are definitely flying after months of small encounters. Learning she has a son only make Joel see what amazing woman she is.
It's easy to be consumed into their story. I was root
Susan
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give The Fadeaway 5 stars. The characters are strong, and the plot is awesome. A very believable story and the characters chemistry was off the charts. Both had misconceived notions of what life was about, what is expected of them, but in the end, love wins!

Rebecca Jenshak is a new author to me and I was very impressed with her book. She created a very believable story about college life, being a single mom, and getting over your past so that you can have a great future. Her story flowed very
Thuy Taylor
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great followup to the first Smart Jocks book! I've been waiting for Joel's book FOREVERRRRRRR AGO and Rebecca did not disappoint!!!

Joel and Katrina meet when he goes gets coffee on Thursdays at the college coffee shop. He asks her out, but she always turns him down, which makes him try even harder. He never really gets turned down, and he doesn't understand. Katrina isn't your typical college student. She has responsibilities, a child, and she doesn't have the freedom like other people he
Anna Doe
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5*

Fun, emotional sweet single mom meets cocky jock sports romance!

Joel is simply swoony and I love Kitty's determination and inner strength.
Isha Coleman
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Joel and Katrina carry a ton of baggage. The easy going player and the ever determined college student look like they have nothing in common, but looks can be deceiving. Jenshak brings to life a world where two focused people discover that when it comes to the heart, nothing proves to be easy. The Fadeaway is a journey of false starts, heartbreaking interruptions and hard won finishes. Keeping your head in the game means staying true to your heart. The Fadeaway is drowning in heart.
Sammie
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh My God i am so in love with this book ! i did not expect to love it as much as i did ,it was so good ,it's sweet and romantic and steamy and funny and it gave me all the feels :) I wished it was longer!

I was lucky to win a ARC of this book and i am so happy :)

Collage Sports Romance is my freaking kryptonite.

I loved Katrina ,she is an awesome character ,she was a teen mom who didn't let that get in the way of her going to collage and she is a wonderful mother ,it's not easy for her but she mak
S
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Omg this was such a fabulous read . Loved Joel and Katrina’s characters. Everything about this story was perfect from romance to angst to comedy . The banter and antics were super cute and had me laughing . Joel came out as arrogant jerk and a player but deep down he was a sweet and caring person . Gosh totally swoon worthy. Definitely a must read!
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
Katrina has a lot on her plate and doesn't have time for games. Joel is all about the game, but feels a different reaction to Katrina.

These two together were perfect. Thy came together with an understanding and never pressured the other person for more. They both tried to put other people's needs above their own and often showed selfless acts with many family and friends.

Even though they were both generous with their actions, my heart still broke for both of them. They both had a tendency to m
Heather andrews
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Joel is just so talented, "...jump out of bed. Pull on boxer briefs, shorts, and a shirt. I brush my teeth while I p* ** –..." Joel isn't very subtle, “also, I really want to have *** with you.” Joel is just quite the poet when it comes to his girl's assets, "...add motorboating to my new list of hobbies.” I liked this book, I fell in love with Joel. I am loving this series so far, and am just loving the boys on the team.
Jessica Marecle
Shelves: 2019
Joel is the ultimate basketball playing college playboy. Katrina is a single mom focusing on her son and working hard. She doesn’t have time for Joel’s playboy ways! I read this book in 24 hours. I didn’t want to put it down! Watching Joel develop from beginning to end was my favorite part! The Fadeaway was the best of swoony, sexy and sassy moments!
Sara Oxton
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Fadeaway by Rebecca Jenshak a four-star read that will rock you. This is the second novel in the Smart Jocks series, but I would say it can be read as stand-alone as I haven’t read the first and didn’t feel lost. Katrina will surprise you, she has more depth that a lot of characters in this type of story. She has her own story to tell and one you will enjoy reading about. Joel at first seems like your typical player, but as you get to know him, he becomes so much more. I enjoyed the fun of t ...more
Emma Johnston
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is an absolute must read! I read it in one sitting, could not put it down!!

Joel is the typical jock player, loved women and sex. Until he meets his "Kitty", Katrina. She's the first girl to tell him no.

I loved Joel's pursuit if Kitty. He never gave up, even if it was for one thing only in the beginning. I loved these two together, I totally ship them.

Secondary characters are a huge part of a book for me and this book was no different. Christian was my favourite <3

This is my favouri
Anelise
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is the unexpected story of a playboy jock and a single mom who have more in common than anyone would think.
Joel, who we met in The Assist, is a playboy who’s always the life of the party and Katrina is a single mom of a 3 year old who is juggling a part time job, school and being a single mom. Those two people you wouldn’t think would have much in common but Katrina is fully aware of Joel’s reputation when she asks him for help which he thinks is going to get him laid.
They both have a
Brooke Gould
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get your hands on this the minute it comes out!! Then, don't put it down. You will absolutely need to know every single thing that happens next. So well written.
Ga Books LoverX
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book! I am a huge fan of the series and started with the first one and was definitely looking forward to Joel's book.... this did NOT disappoint!

I was laughing throughout the majority of this book. Katrina does not make it easy on Joel to ask her out and resists him for months every Thursday when he stops by her coffee shop to grab a cup of joe and ask her out. She secretly loves their interactions, but it is not just her that she has to worry about. She has a 3 year old son that sh
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With his star status on the basketball court Joel has never really had a problem with catching the attention of the ladies on campus, usually they are lining up just to get a moment of his time, and hopefully a date later. He is your typical playboy jock, the king of the campus if you will, and to him there is nothing wrong with that... but to Katrina there is so much wrong with that.

The moment she meets him, Katrina knows just what kind of guy is, the love'em and leave'em type, and those are th
Kari
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I couldn’t wait to read this after I read The Assist! Joel intrigued me so much in book one I knew I was either gonna love him or hate him. Well I adored him! You do not have to read book one but I suggest it as it was a great read!

Katrina this girl is power! She’s strong, smart, sweet and gives everything her all. She took a difficult decision and has made it, even if it’s one day at a time. She is selfless and doesn’t like to ask for help, but sometimes you need a little assist in the life. K
Cee Cee Houston
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading The Fadeaway. It’s part of the ‘Smart Jocks’ series by Rebecca Jenshak. She’s a new to me author and I have to say, I loved her writing. This was Joel and Katrina’s story.
Joel is a hot jock and a bit of a player, he’s not one for being tied down because of what happened in his past. He’s not looking for a relationship, at all, but there’s just something about Katrina that he can’t ignore.
Katrina is a single mom, she doesn’t have the usual kind of freedoms that most colle
Jackie Wright
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for The Fadaway which is my first read from Rebecca Jenshak and I have to say I’m surprised I haven’t come across her work before now, I will be looking at other books by this author as soon as time permits.
A single mum and a basketball player make this a very interesting read it has all the feels you expect in a great book. Joel is your typical cocky jock, he is full of himself, rude and a player on and off the court but could it all be a front what will it take to get to know the rea
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Rebecca Jenshak is a self-proclaimed margarita addict, college basketball fanatic, and Hallmark channel devotee. A Midwest native transplanted to the desert, she likes being outdoors (drinking on patios) and singing (in the shower) when she isn't writing books about hot guys and the girls who love them.
Sign up for her newsletter for FREE STUFF: https://www.subscribepage.com/rebecca...

Amazon: http

Smart Jocks (2 books)
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)