Start by marking “Free to Rejoice - A Christmas Novella” as Want to Read:
Free to Rejoice - A Christmas Novella

Free to Rejoice - A Christmas Novella

(Amaryllis #3)

Dr. Jason Ross has an unprecedented week off during the holiday season to spend with his husband and family. Anticipating his greatest challenge will be keeping his husband's gift buying under control, he's excited for the week ahead.

But life doesn't take a vacation even when doctors want to.

Reality destroys Jason's yuletide cheer leaving him as twisted as some of his fami
Published December 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Free to Rejoice - A Christmas Novella, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Free to Rejoice - A Christmas Novella

Sue
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really struggle to write reviews for Tracey's books that will do them justice. I don't have the words to describe how amazing her books are. When I read them, it is like I am actually there in the story. I am not just reading words on a page but am able to visualize everything, like a movie playing the story in my mind.
Free to Rejoice is a Christmas Novella that features Jason and Phillip. It has all of the feels and emotions. I love the Freeman family and to get a glimpse of their Christma
Tara
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Free to Rejoice is an incredible short read about two of my favorite characters from the Free To... series. I love Philip & Jason so much and absolutely loved seeing a different side of Phillip specifically. This is a feel good, read with a lot of action packed in to a short story. Thanks, Tracey Jerald, for a nice surprise while we are waiting for the next book in the series!
Alissa
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short, sweet, emotional and sexy holiday treat! A great gift for the holiday, it was so nice to catch up with Phil and Jason and the rest of the crew.
Clare Harrison
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
A self sacrificing soul, bound up in the body of a god, the face of an angel and with the mind of a devil from on your shoulder.

He gave them all the gift of life, a second chance.. their time to shine, and leave the dingy shadows.

His heart so pure, hidden behind a cheeky chappy personality.

Phil the founder of the family, the saviour and instigator.

The good doctor wears his heart on his sleeve and holds his patients in his heart.

His husband his life, his sanity restorer and calming influence.

Jase
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
I know this was just a Christmas novella but it said so much about Phillip and Jason. The compassion Jason has during this time, the amount of torment he goes through hurts deep. I really felt every ounce of pain, struggle and sadness throughout Jason’s heart and soul. I even felt the love his extended family has for him through the Christmas celebration. I am in complete jealously over the farm house everyone gathers at because I wish my family had the same.

Tracey your words just keep getting
Kelly
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-2-blog, favs
A story with heartbreak, laughter, love and joy

Part of the Free To series, this holiday themed story centers around Jace and Phil. While you could enjoy this as a standalone, because there are spoilers here for the previous books and because of the complex history/relationships between the characters, IMO you’ll get maximum enjoyment if you’ve read the previous books first.

Told from Jace’s POV, I really enjoyed this opportunity to get to know him better, and through Jace’s eyes, to get to know
Chantay
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I am always elated to read the next book from Tracey Jerald. This is not your typical novella. This storyline did not feel like it was rushed just to get through the story. This wonderful written book was beautifully detailed and emotionally attached to the characters. This is a continuation story of the Freeman family. This is Phil Freeman’s story along with his husband Dr.Jason (Jace) Ross. Phil is the fun loving, florist at his family event planning service called Amaryllis Events. Jason is a ...more
Teri
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely loving this series from this author. This crazy, insane, loving, loyal, patchwork band of family is always an adventure and fun. These books are short but this author packs such a wallop in these pages that you don't miss anything you just selfishly want more. This one is emotional for many reasons and the holidays intensify it. With fun to be had with gifts and teasing, family and friends it all makes Jace's experience a little easier. As usual Phil is in the lead of the family ...more
Stacie
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As usual, Tracey knocked it out of the park. In this novella (which is really just a big tease because I want more more more), we get a little glimpse into life with Jason and Phil as well as a Freeman Family Christmas. Phil is not my favorite character but I love me some Jason. After reading Free to Rejoice, I begrudgingly retract my hatred of Phil and will agree that maybe he has some merit. All at once heartbreaking and heartwarming, this story reaffirmed my love for this family saga and made ...more
Lara
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Jerald once again writes a touchingly beautiful story about the healing power of love. My only quibble would be that it just wasn't long enough! (I really want to like Phil as much as Tracey does, and here I come close.)

Jason is a strong and caring person, and it's nice getting to know him outside of the brief encounters we've had of him in the previous two books. Hope to see more of him in future novels!
Sandra
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I love the Freeman family so much, so I was really excited to see a Christmas novella about Phillip and Jason was coming out. This story has all the fun antics of this family but with an added bonus to know more about Jason. Jason goes through some heartbreak, but Phillip and the family rally around him and help him heal. There is so much love in this family and to see the love Phillip and Jason have for each other was beautiful.
Amy
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Free To Rejoice was a short Christmas themed story of the dynamic between Jason & Philip. This is a sweet story with a lot of action and feeling. I could not put this book down. I absolutely love these two and can't wait for the next installment of this amazing series. This entire series has been 5+stars.
Christina Concus (Moonlight Novels)
I loved seeing into the lives of Jason and Phil, even though it was heart breaking at some points.

Tracey was able to show that with the right support and love that you can make it through even the worst of times. I loved how this support wasn't just from Jason's love of Phil but from the whole family.

I can't wait to read more about this family.
Špela
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novella is short, but sweet.
Usually I am not into the M/M romance but this one was not too detailed that would put me off.
I liked the whole concept of the book.
About Christmas, being the special time of the year.
Time to be with the loved ones, and also time for forgiveness and for wishes coming true.
Having the time of your life with your extended family.
Overall I liked this story.
Linda Whitacre
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

This was a great love story set around Christmas. The Freeman family have lived through great horrors but now find much joy in living and being together. I love this series, now on to the next one. Linda
Wendy
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2-1-18
This book had me in tears and laughing out loud. I have fallen in love with the Freeman family in Tracey's first two books and this novella was such a great addition to the series. She just keeps getting better and better!
Jessica Edwards
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jason and Phil’s book gave us a closer, inside look into their relationship and another side of Phil that we don’t get to see in the other books. Another great read! Can’t wait for more from this series.
Jacqueline Kinion Falkenberry
It was great to get an insight into Phil and Jason relationship. Makes me love Phil that much more for the way he was with Jason. Loved this short read and cant wait to read more about this family.
Ri
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This family is everything.

I wanted this story to be longer. I simply adore this family and the dynamic connection that they have. They truly show that love has no boundaries and doesn't care what sexual orientation, religion, or even color a person is it is always unconditional.
Lorelei Frank
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series!

This whole series is of love, hope, faith and family. Although this family is not of blood , it's a strong bond of people needing each other and their acceptance of who they are.
Juanitta Palomarez
Absolutely Lovely

Soooo happy Jace and Phil got their own story. I loooooved seeing their relationship and it was so much different than I thought it would be. So much more
Doris
It was nice to learn more about Phil and Jason 👍🏻 quick short christmas read
Kim Herman
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful Novella where we get to see the tender loving relationship between Jason and Phil. They truly are soulmates.

Lots of feels and plenty to cry over but some touching parts too.
Danielle Robbins
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Free to Rejoice was a short and sweet Christmas novella about Jason and Phil. I loved it! I love this family and this book just added to it! Can't wait to read more about this family!
Tiffany
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing novella and look into Phil and Jason’s life. Although this is a novella it still has all of the feels. Be ready to laugh, cry and smile till your face hurts.
Lilsizzy
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love

I love how Phil demonstrates his love over and over for Jason. It's a healing to be loved by someone and know it will never leave you.
Amber Smith
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet!!

Super sweet book to catch up on the crew while waiting for the next!!! It was a nice quick Christmas read!
Tiffany
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great Christmas novella!! I loved reading about Jason and Phil . Tracey always knows how to throw in a little suspense to keep me hooked. Can't wait to read Corinna story!
Amber Gragg
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s a nice tie into the other books, lets you get a glimpse of everyone why we wait :)
Books 2 Blog
“A story with heartbreak, laughter, love and joy”: check out B2B Kelly’s 5 star review
« previous 1 3 next »
Please direct all inquiries to my personal email - authortraceyjerald@gmail.com for a faster response

To sign up for her newsletter, go to: smarturl.it/TraceyJerald_News

Tracey Jerald knew she was meant to be a writer when she would re-write the ending of books in her head on her bike when she was a young girl growing up in southern Connecticut. It wasn’t long before she was typing alternate ending

Amaryllis (4 books)