Start by marking “Fallen Princeborn: Stolen” as Want to Read:
Fallen Princeborn: Stolen

Fallen Princeborn: Stolen

OVER THE WALL THEY CAME TO HUNT HUMANS. BUT NOW, A HUMAN'S GOING TO HUNT THEM. THIS GIRL'S NO ONE'S PREY.

In rural Wisconsin, an old stone wall is all that separates the world of magic from the world of man—a wall that keeps the shifters inside. When something gets out, people disappear. Completely.

Escaping from an abusive uncle, eighteen-year-old Charlotte is running away
ebook
Published October 31st 2018 by Aionios Books

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Princeborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen Princeborn

Joy Pixley
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed my trip into this magical mysterious world, where things aren't quite what they seem. Nicely fresh world building, with wonderful descriptions and imagery – I could really feel the otherworldly weirdness of the magic, and the disgust and sad horror of the evil. I especially loved the house that seemed to respond to what Charlotte needed. Charlotte is an angsty teenager put in a bizarre and scary situation; she only wants to help her sister, and she's got the bravery to do just about an ...more
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
You can read all my review on Blog - Books Teacup and Reviews

Fallen Princeborn: Stolen revolved around main character Charlotte, her fierce love and need to save her sister and Liam- the Princeborn and his awakening after a century of sleep, fighting the darkness and saving the innocent humans from it. It was about good vs bad, survival, trust issue, troubling past and childhood, overcoming the grief, fighting darkness, inner and external monsters, and love for family.

Characters:

Charlotte was w
S.J. Higbee
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one starts with a bang. I love Lee’s immersive style as we immediately are caught up in Charlotte’s concerns once the bus comes to a stop and the passengers spill out. As well as keeping a firm eye on Anna, her rebellious teenage sister, Charlotte is busy checking out the reason why they’ve broken down… their fellow passengers… their surroundings… the odd behaviour of the local wildlife, particularly a certain raven… It’s clear she has a heightened sense of smell – and that while she is ale ...more
Jude Gwynaire
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Rural Wisconsin - what a great setting (already my imagination is working overtime)! An old stone wall separating a world of dark magic from the more mundane world of everyday life - a wall that keeps 'the shifters' inside.

Escaping from an abusive uncle, eighteen-year-old Charlotte runs away with her younger sister Anna. They board a bus, and end up in River Vine—a hinterland where dark magic is abound and shapeshifters feed (I'm a big fan of Robert Holdstock, so this was ju
Cherie Kephart
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fallen Princeborn is unnerving, expectantly dark, and yet strung together with a striking assembly of characters and tight writing. A perfect novel for those seeking to escape into the shadows of this world and beyond. Imaginative and full of monsters, magic, and mayhem, Jean Lee’s grim tale is assuredly going to captivate those readers willing to tread into the darkness.
LL_W
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I believe I have a new favorite series. I am thankful that I didn’t have school to keep me away from reading the twists and turns (literally) of the pages in the book. I was mesmerized by the images produced by Jean Lee's storytelling.

I typically read any kind of genre if the writing flows. But my favorite tends to be the YA fantasy and YA paranormal. Because of what I do for a living (oncology nurse), it is refreshing to read something that takes me far from this reality and into an alternate,
Anne Clare
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up far too late to finish Jean Lee's "Fallen Princeborn: Stolen!"
The rich sensory images and tight POV kept me so tangled in the story that I had to keep reading to see what would happen next.
I particularly enjoyed the dynamic between Charlotte and her sister, Anna- the love and pain and frustration that can only come from family. Charlotte's determination to protect Anna, whatever the personal cost, endeared her to me.
The dark world beyond the Wall is fascinating, the shadowy charac
Rachel
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A definite page-turner, and unique entry into the fantasy realm, I can't wait to read the next book in the series! Lee writes complex characters, and takes you down a path you've never been before. I'm definitely intrigued to see what this author writes next.
Abbi Elizabeth
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, couldn’t put it down. Unique style and engaging plot!
Tina L
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! In-depth without being boring, and very exciting to learn of the new lives with majick of many different strengths.
Ronel Janse van Vuuren
Charlotte only cares about two things: her sister, Anna, and music. She gets the chance to take Anna away from the horrors of their hometown thanks to a music scholarship. But things don’t work out as planned. The bus breaks down. Fairy things impersonating humans show up. And Charlotte is the only one who notices that this is wrong. When Anna is stolen by the fairy things, she gives up everything to save her sister. Then, of course, the real story starts.

I like how Charlotte grows. I like her m
C.L. Schneider
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
An imaginative romp with a modern edge, Fallen Princeborn: Stolen, is a unique fantasy adventure with a dose of charm and sass. The cast of characters, ranging from quirky to quaint, to menacing to whimsical, carry you through a world where the impossible comes alive. A sense of mystery, infused with a sprinkle of beautifully-dark and descriptive prose (and a dash of fairy tale), move the plot along, and you're never quite sure where it's going next.

I really enjoyed this story. The author’s wri
Colin Garrow
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Troubled teenage runaway Charlotte escapes her abusive uncle, taking along her whiny sister Anna. When the bus they’re travelling on breaks down, the pair are forced to stay at an old farm where things are not as they appear, and people who aren’t around any more seem to have been erased from the memories of everyone who knew them. When Anna disappears during the night, Charlotte begins to wonder about an old stone wall and discovers it hides a strange world of magic. Can she find her sister and ...more
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I found it quite confusing at the start, it seemed a bit rushed in places. I could work out who was who, what was happening. The more I read, the clearer it got in places. I did find the naivete of some of the characters was a bit annoying, but then again they are teenagers. So it may have just been that, not enough life experiences.

The world-building was on point, I liked how the Author exploded that side of things.

(Disclaimer: I received a free copy from the Author. Does not affect my review)
Jill
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a little difficult to figure out who was who and what. Interesting fantasy with a very strong and loyal heroine. There are lots of questions that are left unresolved about the place and it's dangers. More complicated than it needs to be.
Kelley
Lia
Jul 09, 2019
Chani
Mar 06, 2019
Jean Lee is a Wisconsin born and bred writer excited to share her young adult fantasy fiction with those who love to find other worlds hidden in the humdrum of everyday life. Her first novel, Fallen Princeborn: Stolen, debuts in the fall of 2018 from Aionios Books. She also blogs regularly about the fiction, music, and landscapes that inspire her as a writer (https://jeanleesworld.com/). You can f ...more