Start by marking “Hard Silence (Agents Undercover #2)” as Want to Read:
Hard Silence (Agents Undercover #2)

Hard Silence

(Agents Undercover #2)

FBI profiler Jeff Crandall returned to Fiddler, Idaho, to work on new Bureau protocols in peace…and because he hasn't been able to stop thinking about Abby Quinn. Kind, beautiful and quietly sexy, the petite rancher next door is loved by the entire town but keeps fiercely to herself. She's a mystery that doesn't want to be solved, though he's desperate to try.

Whether that
Published 2016 by carina press

To ask other readers questions about Hard Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Silence

Anita
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, romantic-supense
ARC provided by the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Jeff is an FBI Agent looking for some peace and quiet in order to complete a project for the FBI. He rents the ranch next to Abby and is drawn to her love for abused animals and the air of mystery she surrounds herself with. He is drawn into her life and when the FBI need him to assist on a serial killer case over 20 years old, he has no idea that Abby is connected.

Abby has made a life in Fiddler, Idaho caring for horse
Janet Robel
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sexy and suspenseful. Another solid edition in this series.
Beth Rhodes
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received this book from Book Enthusiast Promotions in exchange for an honest review**

You know that book where you enjoy the characters, the plot is solid, but it sorta rings familiar? You've read that book, haven't you? Well, THIS. IS. NOT. THAT. BOOK!

I picked up Hard Silence from Book Enthusiast for two reasons. One, I have a manuscript with Carina Press, so I considered the fact that it would be good to read something from the publisher. [ha! don't judge me] But, I've been looking for some
Linda Quick
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This is a phenomenal book that I couldn't put down. It had me turning pages just as fast as possible. This is a tightly crafted romantic suspense that follows Abby, a lone women with dark secrets. She is quietly going about her life surrounded by the animals she loves when an FBI profiler (Jeff) moves next door to take time off to write his protocols for the FBI.

Jeff is intrigued by Abby and is desperate to get to know her and her secrets - almost as desperate as Abby is to keep those secr
Kate Vale
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part of Agents Undercover series, in which FBI profiler Jeff Crandall is chasing a mystery while writing new Bureau protocols and procedures. The mystery starts out simple: a murder decades old becomes complicated by others and Jeff suspects a serial killer.

Next door to his temporary digs lives Abby Quinn, with secrets of her own, so many that she rarely speaks, though her artistic photography speaks for her. But what she can't say with words is that she knows the victims AND the murderer. She r
Steph
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you think YOUR mother was bad, just pick up HARD SILENCE…then call your mama and tell her how awesome she is!!!

Dr. Jeff Crandall takes perverse pleasure in raising Abby Quinn's hackles. An FBI agent staying in town for a writing sabbatical, Jeff is immensely intrigued by his neighbor's selective mutism, and why the woman is such a mystery to him. Abby CAN talk, she just has a hard time speaking to people she doesn't know well...or people in general really. All she wants is to live her uncomp
Holly (epiloguebookblog)
Rich characters and a compelling plot make Hard Silence a must-read for fans of romantic suspense!

Main characters Jeff and Abby will take readers on a wild, yet tender, ride. Although I didn’t remember either of them from Soft Target (it’d been a while since I read it), the duo rose to the challenge of being the manuscript’s front and center. Weeks since reading, and their story still resonates with me.

As much as I liked Jeff, Abby’s storyline is the real feature here. Daughter of a toxic mothe
Book Him Danno
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a struggle for me. I understand the slow build up giving the readers a great understanding of each of the characters and why they do what they do. However this book was just a little to wordy for me and for a character who didn't talk lot she sure had a lot to say in her head. The book reminded me of a light windy day you can feel the wind but it doesn't do much but give you a taste of cool. Than all of a sudden a big gust of wind and it gone. No more wind nothing.
This book is that
R.C. Matthews
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: small-town
What a unique and fabulous story! I'm not a huge fan of romantic suspense but I like to shake it up sometimes and this story was perfect. I was fascinated by Abby's character - the daughter of a serial killer. So of course her love interest ended up being an FBI profiler! Jeff was a wonderful hero - a bit older with gray round the edges. He was a yummy mix of alpha male but with a soft side to him. The story of Abby's past unfolds slowly and you just know the s#@t's going to hit the fan...and th ...more
Carrie
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hard Silence by Mia Kay is an exhilarating read! She creates realistic characters and pulse pounding drama.

Jeff Crandall is a serial dater who catches serial killers for a living. Abby Quinn is a woman with dark secrets and the last thing she needs is an FBI Profiler poking in her business, but she can’t resist her attraction to him.

Jeff and Abby and their story will stick with you long after you’ve finished reading.

Hard Silence is the second book in the Agents Undercover series but also a sta
Bernadette Long
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard to put down romantic suspense

Abby Quinn is a complicated woman with so many contradictions, but Jeff Crandall is attracted to her and cannot help himself from profiling her as he would one of his subjects. What will happen when he begins to suspect her of terrible crimes? Will Abby learn to trust in anyone besides herself? The author did a good job of maintaining the suspense in this story.

Apr 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC of Hard Silence from NetGalley for an honest review and this is my review.
I really could not get into this book as much as I wanted too. The pace was way too slow for me and I could not get into the style she was writing in either.
I just did not like the book that well and it was only okay so I am giving it three out of five stars.
K-BRC
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the tale of a Monster Mother destroying every human in her path. Her daughter, Abby Quinn is a human wreck. FBI agent Crandall investigates a serial killer. If you like suspenseful thrillers, this is the book for you.
Heather
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not read the first book in this series and while this book can be read as a standalone, I think reading the first book would have added to my knowledge of many of the characters in this book. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and do not believe that not reading the first book in this series lessened by experience at all.

Jeff has returned to the small town of Fiddler to work on training material for the FBI. When he runs into his shy, beautiful neighbor he is immediately attracted t
Addicted2Books
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-books
description
Disclaimer: I didn't read the previous books, so I may have missed some of the plotlines.

Read My Entire Review, Enter The Giveaway, Buy Hard Silence & Meet Author Mia Kay! http://tinyurl.com/hcfsesb

Wow. I'm not sure what else to say about the book. It had adventure, intrigue, and mystery.

Abby had a tough life growing up. She's what I call a selective mute. She can speak to others. She just doesn't feel comfortable doing so. She just wants to live in peace. Too bad Jeff Crandall returns
Cathy Geha
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark, Deep and Dangerous though also Delightful – this novel would not let me go. There were twists and turns, deceptions and delights, wonderful characters and evil ones. The plot was strong and moved along seamlessly. It must have been difficult writing a story with the main character so at a loss for words most of the time.

Abby had a horrid childhood and it left her damaged but not daunted. She is productive, earns her way and takes care of the abuse whether human or animal. Not having read
Cheryl
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you open this book, you'd better plan on staying up all night because you won't be able to put it down. This isn't a fresh take on a common story. This is a plot and characters you haven't read - or watched - before. This is Mia Kay's third book, and it is the one that will put her in your "must read" pile. I won't talk about the plot since others already have shared pieces, and I don't want to spoil the thrill of the ride Mia has created.

Instead, let's talk about the characters. I have to
Sherry
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THIS BOOK! Now that I have that out of my system, I’ll tell you why. Hard Silence is Mia Kay’s third book and she has definitely hit her stride. Our hero Jeff, a big-city FBI profiler, is buffaloed by his attraction to Abby. Our heroine -- who just happens to be a photographer, owner of a thriving web design business and rehabilitator of abused animals -- fiercely shoves away everyone who tries to show her any love. What Jeff and everyone in my new favorite town of Fiddler, Idaho, don’t u ...more
Patti Bell
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynne
DNF around 50%. I kept thinking it was going to get better but never really did. Nice romance, but I wanted a romantic suspense. There wasn't much suspense.
Lisa
Saritza
Jun 28, 2017
Sonnet
Feb 27, 2016
Mia Kay spent years writing legal documents and keeping people out of trouble. Now she spends her days looking for ways to get her characters into trouble. She lives in Arkansas with her husband, who doesn’t mind discussing (and sometimes causing) mayhem over breakfast.

Agents Undercover (2 books)
  • Soft Target (Agents Undercover #1)