Start by marking “Christmas Lane (Lighthouse Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
Christmas Lane (Lighthouse Bay, #1)

Christmas Lane

(Lighthouse Bay #1)

It's recent college graduate Zach Greenfeld's favorite time of the year and he's just received a temporary gig planning Lighthouse Bay's Christmas parade. Not only does it speak to his penchant for organization, it also puts him face to face on a daily basis with his unrequited crush--Holland Stone. But his new job starts off in disaster when the most important float--Sant ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 236 pages
Published November 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Lane

Len Evans Jr
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, owned
This book was... amazing, awesome, enthralling, the cause of many many happy emotional tears, a source of much joy and many warm snuggly feelings in my chest. Zach and Holland feel so very real to me right now if it was real I would move to Lighthouse bay tomorrow and ask Mika out on a date!. Ms. Aislin has written a Christmas masterpiece that I will happily be reading every Christmas for years to come. It left me a wreck in such a good way the feels were through the roof. I could not possibly l ...more
Truuss
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, m-m
3.5 stars This was a sweet read. Zach had a crush on Holland long before Holland really noticed Zach.

Unwilling they are both ‘forced’ into the organization of the parade... for Zach a opportunity to see Holland. Working together on the floats for the parade they develop a friendship and it’s easy going.
When Mika comes around Zach is confused.
Attraction and tension played a lot around Zach and Holland... sweet to watch.

A lot of story is going on on Christmas Lane and a lot of people we meet...
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Age gap and slow burn are two of my favorite tropes. Add to that, snow and Christmas holidays and I couldn’t be happier. This lovely, sweet tale of the romance between Zach Greenfeld and his former elementary teacher, Holland Stone, is perfect in every way.

Zach is back in Lighthouse Bay after graduating with a degree that will allow him to be an event planner—a role that fits his highly organized habitual list-making life. While waiting for an interview that will get him out on his own, he’s hel
Cadiva
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is just gorgeous. I love how Amy Aslin writes characters with quirks which make them stand out from the norm and this book does just that.

Zach is a wonderfully realised character, he's determined and ambitious and also lonely and has felt out of kilter with the world his whole life.

But Holland makes him feel like he belongs somewhere and to someone and I adored their slow burn slide from attraction to hesitant friendship because of the age gap and then into a relationship.

I also liked
Chris, the Dalek King
Winter has come, and that means that Lighthouse Bay’s Christmas Parade is just around the corner. Except this year the usual organizer is unable to finish the project out, so Zach Greenfeld gets volunteered to do the job. Despite the fact that all the experience he’s had so far in organizing events are a few semesters in college. But if he can pull it off, the parade might just be the thing to push his resume to the top of the pile for the job he just applied for.

Things get off to a bumpy start,
Under the Covers Book Blog

I couldn't resist the adorable cover on this book plus the sweet storyline about the small town Christmas parade.  This was my first time trying Amy Aislin and I had no clue what to expect, but I quickly realized when I started reading I was in for a sweet read.

Zach is in his early twenties and recently came back from college.  He's been helping
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy
Okay, I’m going to admit, I am a big fan of fun, smart, sexy, holiday stories. I love the “cheese” factor, the easy-going nature of the romance. They’re just fun and a total guilty pleasure. And, quite honestly, Christmas Lane is easily one of the best I’ve read.

I loved the May to December romance that slowly built between Zach and Holland. Their banter and awkwardness were absolutely perfect and true to who they are. I loved how Holland dove in wherever he was needed. I loved how Zach easily to
.Lili.
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, mm-holidays
Amy Aislin is a new to me author I've seen around social media, and I'd been itching to give her books a go; Christmas Lane seemed like the perfect opportunity. The story had some positives and negatives.

Bad news first:

-Zack's sister, Alana. I hated her, and I didn't quite get the point of her character/behavior. The story could've done without.

-The pace of the story was a little slow.

Things I liked:

-The main characters. Zach and Holland were adorable and felt they fit each other perfectly.

-Gre
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Tis' the Season! I am a huge fan of small town stories and this was definitely that. It had the whole Mayberry feel that just warms my heart. I loved this part of the story. I loved all the small town businesses and the closeness and I loved the snow! I loved the parade and the planning and the fair and just all that small town Holiday spirit.

The romance was sweet. It really was. It was a little rocky and didn't seem to make sense to me at first but it did grow on me. Both Zach and Holland slowl
Joyfully Jay
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

This is my first book by Aislin, and I wasn’t entirely sure what I was going to get. Happily, this story is sweet and lovely, well written, and despite one big flaw for me at the end, I really enjoyed it. The author captures the beauty and frustration of living in a small town, and sprinkles holiday cheer throughout every page of the book.

I simply adored Zach. He’s far older than his physical years, at least in his soul, and he’s had not the easiest of lives. He’s a
Lelyana
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it

Another sweet heartwarming holiday romance, and it's May - December! What's not to love?
This is the seasons after all :)

Christmas lane is a light, no angst and enjoyable read romance. I really liked Holland and Zach chemistry. It's a slow burn but not too frustrating, just the right portion for a holiday romance.
This is a reason why i love holiday romance, it's always fun and usually, the authors put some sweet adorable sweet and a little spice in it.

Recommended!
Apolishedreader
There is a scene with snowmen...and one of them has nipples.
Snowman Nail Art!

This is book 1 in a series, but definitely a stand alone with a bit of a set up for the characters who will get books in the future.
Do you know how much I love some sexy times in my books? LOTS. This one had none. It was slow burn without any of the burn on page. Which, considering the characters, seemed to fit with their story. But...it was still missed by this reader.

This story had a lot going on.
- Age gap
Ami
3.75 stars rounded up

I love this time of year -- well, in terms of reading materials, though. Holiday romance stories are being released, and I love them! Christmas Lane caught my eyes because of the cover, and then the blurb mentioned May/December and small-town romance. I'm such a sucker for those!!

This is a sweet one for sure!! I loved the relationship development -- how it focuses on the development part rather than the sexual part. Heck, the sexual part is minimum at best because 24-years
Carol
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
CHRISTMAS LANE (Lighthouse Bay #1)

• ⭐:4,5/5

💬: The fluff and cuteness of this book is AMAZING! It’s been so long since I read something Christmas themed and with a cute romantic plot, without that much angst (only the occasional misunderstandings). The development of the relationship was so real and the obliviousness of Holland and Zach regarding that they liked each other was so funny (the slow burn that was slow and perfect crafted here). I kept anticipating when they would finally realize
Quirks
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, m-m
Cute Christmas read alert!

Yup, this book is definitely cute and definitely centered around Christmas. One of the MCs, Zach, gets roped into planning the final (and the most stressful) stages of the town's Christmas parade. Holland is one of the many people who are making a float for the parade. Zach has had a crush on Holland for months and Holland likes Zach too. Only, neither of them make a move.

When the Santa float gets damaged and Zach is freaking out over it, Holland offers to help, even th
Amanda
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas Lane by Amy Aislin. It was a wonderful beginning to her new Lighthouse Bay series.

Holland is 15 years older than Zach but that doesn't stop Zach from crushing on him whenever he's near. Little does he know that Holland has similar feelings of attractions for him. When they find themselves spending a lot of time together for the Christmas parade they decide to take a leap and see how things go.

Zach has always felt like
Annie
A little lackluster, but otherwise sweet

I’ve enjoyed other titles by this author and found the blurb for Christmas Lane really promising, so I dove right in. I loved the idea of the May-December romance and I always enjoy stories about quirky small towns, especially at Christmas time. While this certainly was an incredibly sweet holiday romance, Christmas Lane wasn’t quite what I hoped for when starting.

From the first chapter, I thought the characters had loads of potential. Zach and Holland ha
Tanja
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have yourself a merry little Christmas and buy this book pronto. It will warm your heart, even in the coldest weather. This was such an amazing, wonderful book. Two pages in and I couldn’t put the book down. I read it in one sitting with a smile on my face, tears in my eyes, and a warm feeling all over.
Zach and Holland wormed their way into my heart. They are beautiful. Beautiful alone, but even more beautiful together. Twenty-four-year-old Zach, who always felt the odd one out, who always felt
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This small town Christmas romance is full of festive cheer. Focusing on the build up to Lighthouse Bay’s annual Christmas parade, this is a simple, feel good read.

Like most recent university grads, Zach is underemployed and itching to find a job in events planning. Planning his hometown Christmas parade offers Zach a chance to build his CV while he looks for a long-term job. I really enjoyed Zach’s character. He is sweet
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I am so happy that this is the first in a new series, as I have become quite attached to the men of Lighthouse Bay, and there are plenty of them due an HEA ... plus I will be happy to read more of Holland and Zach's progress.

This is a lovely Christmas story, which does a great job of brightening up the season with its feel good vibe and romance. I really enjoyed getting to know both Zach and Holland, and how their pasts
Dixiecowgirl
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Engaging, sweet, hopeful, and inspiring story about finding love where you least expect it. I loved the small town atmosphere and the many really cool characters that were created as background in this story. I feel that i have a vested interest in this group of friends and i will be looking for their stories too.

Zach and Holland are such cool characters, very different men but they really fit together so well. I enjoyed the age difference and their personalities were really complementary to e
R
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Zack has a crush on Holland. He doesn’t care that Holland was his third grade teacher or that there’s fifteen years between them. Holland also seems to have a crush on Zack which he is afraid of acknowledging. When they have to work together to get floats ready for the annual Christmas Parade, their attraction becomes evident to everyone around them but Zack and Holland are a little dense.

Christmas story about two men discovering their surprising interest in each other. That interest slowly turn
Pjm12
Lots of detail here, and I liked how some of the issues happened early, and didn't create problems for the leads. Holland was super supportive and generous, and Zach was determined to make this thing between them happen, despite his own vulnerabilities.

Loved all the Christmassy feels, and am happy to see other characters who will end up in future books. I will be reading them!

Angie
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

This was a very sweet Christmas romance. Light on steam, a bit of drama but lots of heart. Zach and Holland are goos together. I didn't feel the chemistry between them but I liked both characters. The secondary characters are good too. Zach was sooo sweet. He just wanted to be loved and qas always so giving to everyone. I recommend this book for people who want a nice, sweet, Christmas themed book with littlw angst and not a lot of steam.
Didi
3.75 Stars

This book had me gushing. I’ve decided to overlook the idiotic theatrics close to the ending aside, because I enjoyed this “Christmas Lane” immensely. It’s a cute and sweet holiday romance set in small (nosy) town off Portland, Maine, starring a kind and creative event planner Zach Greenfeld and the town’s handyman slash carpenter Holland Stone.

I couldn’t get but roped into Zach and Holland wary attraction. They might be 15 years apart but Zach and Holland were just so compatible toge
Kelly
Super sweet. I loved the giddiness expressed by both characters when they thought about each other, and the overall Christmas feel. A lovely holiday read. <3
Leah
CHRISTMAS LANE is a lovely, heartwarming holiday romance with wonderful aro-spec and ace-spec rep! Read the full review on my blog.
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

Age gap, May-December, however you call it, stories with age differences are my jam and whenever I can get one book with it, I'm happy. :3

This story in particular was bittersweet and amazing in equal parts. I really loved how we saw Zach's interest, his crush for Holland being reciprocated, although it takes its time for the both to accept it - or, more in Holland's case, he worries the age gap and can't imagine tha
Megan
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Career goals and yearnings for love, Zach Greenfeld is on the cusp of both...at least he wishes he were. He's looking for a job that isn't at his family's diner and lasting love, and if that love comes in the form of a super hot older man who happens to be double his age? All the better. Maybe he'll get his heart's wish this Christmas. Holland Stone is charmed by the brightness in Zach, but as an old man he's convinced there can't be anything between them. Except the busybodies and well-meaning ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I started writing on a rainy day in fourth grade when my class was forced to stay inside for recess. Tales of adventures with my classmates quickly morphed into tales of adventures with the characters in my head. Based in the suburbs of Toronto, I'm a marketer at a large environmental non-profit in Toronto by day, and a writer by night. Book enthusiast, animal lover and (very) amateur photographer ...more