Start by marking “His Two Leading Men” as Want to Read:
His Two Leading Men

His Two Leading Men

Broadway star Skyes whole life is an act.

On the surface, hes living the New York Dream - acclaimed by critics for his stunning debut, playing to packed audiences every night.

They dont know the truth.

Battling crippling anxiety, every show is a struggle for Skye. Only one thing gives him the courage to step into the spotlight every performance - the steady, calming support
Published November 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about His Two Leading Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Two Leading Men

Start your review of His Two Leading Men
Joyfully Jay
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

I love menage stories. I seek them out, and I was excited to see this book and grabbed it up right away. Im sorry to say, I just didnt connect with His Two Leading Men. I wasnt crazy about two out of the three characters, and I was utterly frustrated with Skye. I couldnt understand how he could be the star of a Broadway show with such powerful anxiety. Yes, he found Russell to be a source of support, and Russells nightly reassurances help, but Skye freaks out when
JenMcJ
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was, even for a romance, unbelievable. The characters were all absolutely perfect. Seriously, perfect. Waaaay too perfect. Beyond that, I couldn't embrace the two couple threesome or how easily it all fell into place.
Rose
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a good book, but it just wasnt for me.

It was cute and fluffy, if a little rushed, but it was nice to finally read about a good healthy poly relationship with just a tiny pinch of drama to keep the storyline moving along.

I didnt connect with any of the character, but that didnt stop me from enjoying the story for what it was - a sweet romance about finding the people who make you feel like your best self.

I have nothing negative to say about it and I hope you give yourself a chance to
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

I've to admit I haven't read many polyamory stories, let alone those who aren't a triangle relationship where all three guys are in a relationship with each other. When I read this blurb I was intrigued how the author Aiden Wayne tries to deliver this.

With great pleasure I can say it was very nice and thoughtful executed; I really liked how we got through the "they meet and get to know each better"-process. It might
Tanja
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this story by new-to-me-author Aidan Wayne. I love many polyamorous stories, but this one is completely different from the ones Ive read so far. It was a surprise to read about a different dynamic between the three MCs.
The story focuses on Skye, a Broadway performer. Onstage he is the confident star and leading man, but before and after he is a hot mess. He struggles with anxiety, which affects his day-to-day life dramatically. Costumier and all-around assistant, Russell,
Sarah Jones
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5* His Two Leading Men is a standalone story by Aidan Wayne and my first by this author (wont be the last though). This story follows Skye, Russell, and Brent as they try to build a relationship with each other based on friendship and love told from Skyes point of view.

Skye is a star in a new play on Broadway. He battles extreme anxiety from an anxiety disorder that was made much worse by an ex-boyfriend. Russell is a costumer with the play who has become a friend and calming presence for
Scooby2
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was not disappointed when I picked up His Two Leading Men and loved reading about Skye, Brent and Russell. I really could empathize with Skyes anxiety, since I have it too, I thought it was portrayed really well, and loved how Russell and Brent were there for him and each other. I loved seeing their relationships grow and loved seeing the love shared between the three men. The only complaint I have is there were several typos scattered throughout my copy, but my copy was an ARC, so hopefully ...more
Marie G
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
I don't know how I managed to finish this one. I guess some part of me was holding out for something interesting to happen. But it didn't. I even hoped that the 3 of them would end up together but they didn't. It was just Brent and Russell sharing Skye together.
The book is not bad, the characters are nice. It is just that nothing happens. I'm not saying evry book needs drama, but in this one nothing was happening. The character were all too nice and it became pretty unrealistic at time. Their
Kathryn Manzella
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brent, Russell and Skye are sweet and sexy men and their story is a great read. It was wonderful watching the connection between the three men evolve, grow and strengthen. A well told and entertaining story.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation
Lisa
I enjoyed this one a lot and I wasnt sure in what direction it was going to go in but Im really happy with how it turned out in the end. It was sweet understanding and a little angst .

Skye is a performer and he is in his first real broadway show. The only trouble with that is Skye has serve anxiety and a past relationship didnt help make it any better intact it made it worse. When he meets costumer Russell things change for the better.

Russell is tall and broad handsome as hell. Strong and
Sharon Cox
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of His Two Leading Men in return for an honest review.
I don't want to give away too much about the story because this book lead me in one direction before I realized what it was really about. What I will say is that I really enjoyed it. In fact I stayed in this morning to finish the story.
I liked His Two Leading Men. I liked the way in which it was written and I was very happy with the way it ended.
The main characters were likeable and I could really sympathize with them.
I
Alex
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received the book in exchange for an honest review*

I think this was my first book that wasnt a triangle but was just two guys dating the same person, honestly and openly, of course. It was an interesting read, especially since it was this new to me. The most important thing they did was talk. A lot. I suppose situations like these need even more communication than usual but it was amazing.

I thought Skyes anxiety was well portrayed, especially the choosing part. And I liked how attuned both
Amy Dufera
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
His Two Leading Men is a fabulous, unique book by Aidan Wayne. It's definitely an original twist on polyamory.

When Skye gets his first leading role on Broadway, he's excited but nervous. Soon he's caught the eye of two men. Brent, an audience member who continually pursues him, and Russell, who works with him at the theater.

What follows is a fantastic and romantic tale of Skye trying to figure out how to navigate the feelings he has for these two suitors.

I love this story. I love the characters.
Violet  Marshall
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful book the writing was good. There were a couple problems with the grammar. They didnt distract from the story too much though. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters delightful. The characters were developed and thought out. Russell, Brent and Skye are the MCs of this book. The story is told by Skyes POV. I really enjoyed this story.

Here is a quote from the book, Okay, he said. About all this. Yeah? Skye asked nervously. You
Elle
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Must admit, I didn't realize that this was about a three way relationship when I requested it. Usually they're not for me. However, this was beautifully written and the three MCs just fit together so well.

The three men in the book together make a perfect triad. The author's handling of the introduction of the three into an established relationship was spot on. Skye, Brent and Russell eventually came to realise that they needed one another to make their relationship perfect, together the three
Annie ~ Queer Books Unbound
Yay I finished the first book of 2018. LOL Started this when I just didn't make any progress with another book, and I was getting frustrated because I hadn't finished anything yet.

His Two Leading Men is a lovely - mostly feel-good - polyam story (a polyam V!) with a bit of angst; though really not much. I loved the characters and found the story really enjoyable. Only exception to that might be the sister from Brent, one of Skye's boyfriends, reacting really badly to the news that Skye was
Dixiecowgirl
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet, steamy, engaging and interesting story. I loved the story-line about these three men who build a friendship and a love relationship. I thought it was a unique take on a MMM for only one of the men to be shared by two friends. I loved how Skye was so appreciated and loved by both Russell and Brent.

I enjoyed the writing and the MC's were all likable and easy to relate to. There was a solid story-line and very little angst, which is perfect for me. I read this book in one sitting and found
Carol (bookish_notes)
Im sure the relationship between the love interests are fine since this book has such high ratings, and I totally want to read a polyam book, BUT.

I just cant get past the glaring errors about how Broadway works in the first chapter. Thats not how any of that works. Maybe the book should have stuck with off-Broadway or community theatre instead?? Because this was so far off the mark, trying to pass it for Broadway is appalling.

So, unfortunately, this is a DNF for me.
Carly
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Every time some variation of 'the best way to solve a love triangle is with threesomes' comes up, I enjoy the sentiment in theory. But if you remove all the romantic conflict, you need to add conflict somewhere else to drive the book forward. Otherwise you end up with a boring, plotless nothing. I liked all the characters but so little happened in this book that that didn't help.
Jules Lovestoread
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Unfortunately, this one didn't stand up to the previous books I've read by this author. :/ I liked the characters, and appreciate what Wayne was trying to do with the relationship, but ultimately it didn't entirely work for me.
Emma Brown
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is well written, and has characters you cant help but fall in love with. Skye and his anxiety is completely relatable to, and this makes him so endearing. Brent and Russell are both strong characters in their own unique ways. I loved every second of this book. ...more
Kaila
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
this was a good story.. i enjoyed the characters and their love.. i enjoyed the complications that they had to figure out.. i enjoyed the fast pace and the writing was well done. i liked it a lot.
ZepysGirl
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbtq, novels, romance, owned
It was fine. The inconsistencies about New York were driving me up the wall.
Riska Sleepless
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-releases, queer
I loved this so much!!
Diane
A Beautiful Romance

When three very different men fall in love a build a relationship they get lots of attention. Some of it frightening. Some accepting. Some meet the news with disbelief.

Through lots of conversation, caring, dates and meals an HEA is reached for all.
Vivian
Jul 19, 2019
Claudia Lezár
Nov 15, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Beat of Their Own Drum (Replay, #3)
  • Out of the Blue
  • Stuck with You
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Santa Daddy
  • Better Not Pout
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Songs You Know by Heart (Wine & Song, #1)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • All I Want for Christmas...Is My Sister's Boyfriend
  • Teddy and His Bear (Oh My!, #1)
  • Hell on Earth (Hellhound Champions, #1)
  • Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings, #1)
  • Elemental Magick (The Donovan Coven #1)
  • Stay (Working Out the Kinks, #1)
  • Love Around the Corner (New Milton #1.5)
Aidan Wayne has been publishing LGBTQ+ fiction since 2016. While they usually stick with contemporary romance (both adult and YA), some soft sci-fi/fantasy has been known to sneak in as well. They primarily write character-driven stories with happy endings, because, dammit, queer people deserve happy endings too.

Stay in the know and never miss a book by joining Aidan's mailing list.

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...