Start by marking “Exiles (Star Trek: Vulcan's Soul, #2)” as Want to Read:
Exiles (Star Trek: Vulcan's Soul, #2)

Exiles (Star Trek: Vulcan's Soul #2)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  254 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The war between the Romulans and the mysterious Watraii continues. This time, however, ambassador Spock and his allies must find and penetrate the Watraii homeworld on a mission of mercy, where secrets about this new enemy's connection to Vulcan are revealed.
Published March 27th 2007 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Exiles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exiles

Wayland Smith
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Book two in one of the series within a series that Star Trek is so fond of, this is split in two eras. In the "modern" time, a new power called the Wattraii has emerged, claiming they have a right to the Romulan homeworld. This plot gets more complicated as most of the powers in this sector- the Federation, the Klingons, the Romulans- are still recovering from the massive losses during the Dominion War. At the end of last book, Chekov, still around as an Admiral, was captured. Now Uhura, directo ...more
Tommy Verhaegen
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook_en, sci-fi
No rest for the damned... could be a good summary of this book. Heroic deeds go unrewarded but as a people the exiled Vulcans (later to become the Romulans) travel through the galaxy to find a new home. Beautiful saga with action and excitement but lacking in humour, as the Vulcans themselves. The more you read from this trilogy the more difficult it gets to lay the book away. But definitely not a feelgood story. It gets easier to follow the jumps in time and place that the author makes in his s ...more
Mikael Kuoppala
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
After the perfectly titillating and intellectually stimulating “Exodus” the “Vulcan Soul” trilogy drags just a little bit with “Exiles”. The two storyline approach continues as many of our favorite Trek legends research the dramatic attack on the Romulan Star Empire, detailed in the beginning of “Exodus”. This storyline is perhaps too dramatically overshadowed by the continuation of the story depicting ancient Vulcan history, which by “Exiles” has turned into ancient Romulan history.

The bulk of
Robert
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This has been the best Star Trek book I have read in quite some time. Contrary to some other reviewers, I found the Memory portions to be superior to the Now portions as the assembling of the pantheon of Star Trek heroes for the mission to the Watraii homeworld was simply too contrived. Still it did lead to some comic moments.

I particularly loved how the novel showed us the manner in which Remus was first settled and what happened to the followers of Surak during the Sundering. And while I was l
Steve
3.5 stars. This book struck me more easily than the first book of the series, and I really did enjoy them pulling more well-known characters out as a supporting cast, even if others were only mentioned and not seen. The action picked up a few months after the events of the first book, but built on it, and built up to a climax, which was sadly predictable. I have an idea of where they're taking this series, and I want to finish it to see if I'm correct.
Charlie
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
three short stories of people exiled in one way or another. first story is about a man whose mother dies and who gets involved with a couple whose son he resembles. second takes place on an island in the south Pacific (near Australia) and follows the islanders and some Europeans who live there. third story takes place during the Vietnam war and follows a group of soldiers searching for a tiger that ate one of their platoon.
Cupcakencorset
Oct 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Star Trek Vulcan’s Soul trilogy. It’s a strong middle that does what it sets out to do: continue building the story and developing the characters without giving away too much about how the trilogy will resolve. It’s probably a decent stand-alone book, but I’m pretty much incapable of reading a series out of order or in parts, so I’m not a good judge there. Can’t wait to start the final book tonight.
Nicolas
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-trek
This was a real hit-and-miss for me. I really enjoyed the "Now" portions with Spock, Saavik, etc. but just couldn't get in to the "Memory" sections. I felt like the story came to a screaching halt everytime they popped up. I also find it a little questionable that Chekov & Uhura would still be still alive and kicking so late into the TNG era. Anyway, I'm interested to read the conclusion.
Leann
Oct 01, 2011 rated it liked it
The continuing saga of how the Vulcans and Romulans are related. The storyline is holding my interest as a Star Trek fan. However, I felt the authors spent too much time on the "Memory" part of the story and not enough on the present.

Hope the final installment is worth spreading the story over three books.
Virgo
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-trek-books
This is a really good book for any causal star trek fan because it drew me in with a very interesting tale about what really happened in Vulcan's past. Or in this case some may not want the truth to come out. A famous member of star-fleet who appeared have died was captured and took Spock by surprise when he found him in a prison. Has a very very wild ending that was shocking.
Grant
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sherman continues his exploration of the Vulcan and Romulan cultures, concentrating on the period when the Vulcan exiles wandered the galaxy in search of a new home. The "present day" story moves right along, but the rescue mission gets a little far-fetched. Still, a fun read.
Marie Christine
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This one is very entertaining, a lot of tension and going out with a bang. More of this please!
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek
Such a fascinating look at the Vulcans, Romulans, Remans, et al.
Dale w
Jun 25, 2008 rated it liked it
This gets back into the Star Trek feeling. Has the drama and action to keep me interested.
Amanda
Jul 23, 2015
Sean
Mar 16, 2016
  • Mind Meld
  • Swordhunt (Star Trek: Rihannsu, #3)
  • Enterprise (Star Trek: My Brother's Keeper, #3)
  • Cloak (Star Trek: Section 31, #1)
  • The Last Roundup
  • McCoy: The Provenance Of Shadows (Star Trek: Crucible, #1)
  • The Flaming Arrow (Star Trek: New Earth, #4)
  • Unspoken Truth
  • Cast No Shadow (Star Trek)
  • Seeds of Rage (Star Trek: Errand of Fury #1)
  • Belle Terre (Star Trek: New Earth, #2)
  • The Vulcan Academy Murders
  • Rough Trails (Star Trek: New Earth, #3)
  • Sarek
Josepha Sherman was an American author, folklorist, and anthologist. In 1990 she won the Compton Crook Award for the novel The Shining Falcon.
More about Josepha Sherman

Star Trek: Vulcan's Soul (3 books)
  • Exodus (Star Trek: Vulcan's Soul, #1)
  • Epiphany (Star Trek: Vulcan's Soul, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Paradise Lost (The Vampire Diaries; Evensong, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
  • The Song of Achilles
    $11.74 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Black Tuesday (Time Patrol)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
  • Warrior's Revenge
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • The Elven
  • Children of the New World
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Quantum Thief (The Jean le Flambeur Series, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Starship Grifters (Rex Nihilo #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Fire (Frontlines, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Country of Ice Cream Star
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Cottingley Secret
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)
  • The Curiosity
  • Virtual Light
    $7.99 $1.99
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Busted Flush (Wild Cards, #19)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Axe and the Throne (Bounds of Redemption, #1)
    $9.99 $3.49
  • Midnight Curse (Disrupted Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fireblood (Whispers from Mirrowen, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Delphi Effect (The Delphi Trilogy #1)