Start by marking “Някой дебне в нощта” as Want to Read:
Някой дебне в нощта

Някой дебне в нощта

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  12,734 ratings  ·  1,262 reviews
Нов трилър от автор номер 1 на бестселъри на „Ню Йорк Таймс“, кралицата на съспенса Мери Хигинс Кларк.

След купон в отсъствието на родителите си осемнайсетгодишната Кери Даулинг е открита мъртва на дъното на семейния басейн напълно облечена. Първият заподозрян е гаджето й, с когото са се скарали на събирането. Но има и двайсет и четири годишен съсед, сърдит, че
Published October 2018 by Бард (first published April 3rd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Някой дебне в нощта, please sign up.
Bice
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  12,734 ratings  ·  1,262 reviews

Start your review of Някой дебне в нощта
Luffy
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Previously I would have read this book in two days, but for some reason, I've been having troubles committing myself. As you see, I rated my read 3 stars. There are reasons for that. But can I pin them down?

Firstly there is a blatant and frankly clumsy attempt to extend the book's length by 50 pages or so. Extra characters which hog the 'limelight'. Superfluous people and their woes in which I have no investment.

I wanted to like this book. But the author disappointed me.
Sara
Apr 07, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent poet by the name of T.S. Eliot once said "This is how the world ends not with a whimper, but with a bang." yes I know I got this wrong, in the interest of honesty I'm keeping it as it is

Alas the end for YUGE popular fiction writers tends to got the opposite way. Not with bang but with a whimper. That certainly seems to be the case with this very sad addition to the Mary Higgins Clark catalog.

If you read my reviews you already know why I love Mrs. C. She's more or
Kaceey
3.5*
One of my go-to authors for years has been Mary Higgins Clark. It’s been some time few since I picked one of her books up, though I have about a half a dozen waiting on my shelf for me.
I can’t say how nice it was to reunite with her once again!

Kerry Dowling, a popular high school girl is found dead in her backyard pool following last nights’ party.
All the obvious suspects are brought in for closer look. The boyfriend who just happened to have a fight with Kerry earlier that nigh
Susanne  Strong
3 Stars.

When Kerry’s body is found floating in her parents’ pool after a party, everyone thinks her on again, off again boyfriend Alan is to blame. They were fighting that night and he left the party pretty angry.

When Kerry’s sister Aline returns home from London to start a new job as the High School Guidance Counselor, she and her parents discover what happened. Aline’s parents are highly suspicious of Alan because all circumstantial evidence leads to him. Aline, however works with
Louise Wilson
Kerry Dowling is found fully dressed at the bottom of the family swimming pool after a party she had while her parents were away. She had an argument with her boyfriend and upset a friend who is also a neighbour by not inviting him to the party. But just who did push Kerry into the pool?

Aline, Kerry's sister, does not seem to show much emotion after the death of her sister, but we all deal with grief in different ways. Aline works as a guidance counsellor at the high school Kerry att
Suzanne
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great mystery story but was a bit predictable since one of the characters was way more obviously shady more than the others. However, I don’t care if a book is predictable as long as the story has me hooked. I was from the first page. I have not read too many Mary Higgins Clark books but hope to fix that soon. I really enjoyed it and was hooked from the start in finding Kerry’s murderer. Great plot and group of characters.

My quick and simple overall: read in one sitting and was thoroughly enter
Ken
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice fun suspenseful mystery that has a simple basic plot and very short chapters that made for an enjoyable breezy read.

Young 18 year old Kerry Dowling is found dead in the family swimming pool, after previously hosting a party the night before.
The obvious suspect is her boyfriend Alan as the pair had been arguing during the party.
Whilst her name Jamie is also under consideration as he didn’t receive an invite.

I must confess that I’d not read a Mary Higgins Clarke before,
Sherri Thacker
I believe this is my 4th book I’ve read by Mary Higgins Clark and I usually give her books between 4-5 stars. The short chapters made it for a quick read and I read it on a rainy Saturday. I literally could not put this book down. It grabbed from page 1 and left me guessing till the last page. 5 stars ⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐ for me!! ...more
Kelly
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I keep saying I'm going to give up on MHC books, but I know I will continue to read every single one as long as she keeps writing. Her books have become very average over the past few years. I honestly wonder if she has a ghostwriter, or if she's just sort of given up. But I keep holding out hope of a really good one because I love her older books so much. Like many of her recent books, this one was pretty flat. Her writing style is just so dull sometimes. I feel like if I had turned something l ...more
Trisha
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: precinct-81
"I promise you and your mother and your father that we are going to find out who did this to Kerry and your family, and that person will go away for a very long time."

This read very much like a Law and Order episode. Quick and easy read, you know right away that you have a witness to the crime but you also know why they can't help the police. Pretty quickly from there, the murder and the full cast of characters are introduced. It's fast paced, taking any POV needed to help flush out the story
Kathy Bell
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mary Higgins Clark Wow! 90 years old and still writes an amazing book!
Megan
While this was a very easy read, the mystery/suspense just wasn't there. I knew as soon as a certain character was introduced, they were bad and most likely the culprit...and I was correct. I also figured out nearly right away why the person murdered her.

That being said, I still enjoyed reading the book but it was far from a great novel. Definitely a one time read. I found Aline, Kerri's sister, to show hardly any emotion (even internally) and that was just weird to me. With the way she behaved
Nattie
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I almost gave this book 1 star but it wasn't a bad story so I couldn't do that. The way it was written was absolutely awful. For the most part it felt like I was reading something meant for people who read at the same level as elementary school kids. I was really thrown off by that, but I think that has been an issue with a couple of Clark's more recent books.

A lot of things have been issues with some of Clark's more recent books, including extreme repetitiveness, chapters with one paragraph, a
Mary Higgins
May 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the worst Mary Higgins Clark books I’ve read. I thought , as I was reading it, “was this written for adults?” I felt like it was written for a 13 or14 year old kid. The premise was even more for a teen’s book, but it was not developed enough into a mystery. It was a fast read if you can keep reading it, but I kept putting it down because it was so poor. Very poor, do not recommend it.
Natalie
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I keep saying I am going to give up this author, and then I keep reading them. I found this story to be very plot driven with not a lot of character development. I figured out who did it early on (it follows a bit of the pattern of the author's earlier books). On the plus side, it was a quick read.
Adelyn
May 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at page 50. This was impossible to get into. Flat, stereotypical characters and a blow-by-blow plot that failed to tell me why I should care. It seemed like the author wasn’t even interested in her own story.
Jen
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-reads
Not bad. Completely obvious who the bad guy was and why, but sometimes you don’t want a twisty thriller, sometimes you want a softly written mystery that gives you exactly what you expect. That is this book. Good read with my loved one. We had fun discussing who we thought the bad guy was and why. I enjoyed it much more than the Stephanie Plum books we read at least. 3 soft stars.
Lisa Bowen
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Mary Higgins Clark books. I haven’t read one in a long time. I saw this one at the library . I just loved this story. It was fantastic.
Ivy H
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-novel
description

I am huge fan of Mary Higgins Clark's mysteries and have read nearly all of her novels ( in my pre Goodreads era ) so I was looking forward to this one a lot. I'm such a fan of this author that I even have the dvd collection of her selected books that have been made into movies. That's why this was such a letdown. There was little thrill or nail biting suspense and the storytelling was dry. The murder mystery itself was not compelling and the style of writing didn't actually engender much carin
CD {Boulder Blvd}
I'm not sure how to rate this one. It's probably more of a 2 star versus a 3 star read. MHC has been one of my go to authors for years. But lately, after each new book, I say I'm not reading the next new one. And again, I'm thinking this should be the last one I read. The plot could be good, but the reader can figure it out with the introduction of each character. The bad guy is obvious and the reason behind the murder is just as obvious. There is no suspense and virtually no mystery. MHC is the ...more
Kirsten #EndGunViolence
Mary Higgins Clark writes what I can only call the cozy thriller. And they are fun. A good suspense/mystery story with a subplot of romance. The romance is there and it's sweet but it's not overwhelming. This is only my second book by this author and I'm really enjoying her style.
QHuong(BookSpy)
DNF. I was very bored and it was just a very standard crime procedural. The author didn't even try to add more psychological aspects to the story. That was a true disappointment.
Kirsten
May 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I knew from the first chapter that this was going to be garbage. Wasn't wrong.
Cande
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Let's just say it: it was boring and predictable
The best way I can describe the writing in this is basic and kinda mediocre (? Also, anyone else noticed that in some chapters the perspective changes from third person to first person??? Confusing and messy …
Also the chapters were extremely short and sometimes you go from one scene to another completely different one in just a second.
The characters felt flat and one dimensional. They didn't feel like real people. You don't really get to know th
Marie-Louise
Jul 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe this book has 4 stars so far. Has it been edited at all? She switches between third person and first person...did no one at the publishing company notice? There's no character development...everyone comes across as flat and one-dimensional. I used to love Mary Higgins- Clark. In the beginning I thought she was a great author, in fact, one of my favourites, but from some point her books started to grate. After a long break I thought I'd give her another chance. But no, she is stil ...more
maurasprince
Jul 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve read some older MHC books and I always enjoyed them. This book was one of the worst books I’ve read in recent memory. The characters were so badly written and 100% unrealistic. The dialogue was laughable. Such a miss for MHC.
YV ✧
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

I enjoy.enjoy.enjoy the tensions Clark throw in the beginnings.
I definitely LOVE the short-paged chapters. it encourages me to keep munching the story.
I know it has neat word-building, absolutely chop off the unnecessary things to talk, and I partly enjoy it sometimes because I gain solemn focus to follow the story and characters.

I'm not used with Clark's super clean, straighforward, and no elaborated words; like she goes a then she does b and she says c. next
☯Emily
Mary Higgins Clark is a local writer, so it is interesting to read about the nearby towns, streets and locations. Mrs. Clark has to be really old because she has been writing for years. And she always seems to use the same formula. You can guess who the bad guy is because (view spoiler)

Despite knowing the killer in
Jo
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*audiobook*
The audiobook is narrated by January LaVoy. This woman can read a shopping list and make it interesting. But this is not the (only) reason for 5 stars.
The very short chapters, fast pace, a situation shown from multiple angles, every character had their own goal...
For people who like to be surprised: you can figure out the mystery halfway through but it didn't take from the enjoyment of the read/listening.
It was a whole book. And it made me look for another book by t
Joann
First of all, let me say I have read and enjoyed almost all the Mary Higgins Clark books. I struggled through this book and finally found the word "simplistic" to describe my read. I skipped through the chapters at lightning speed since it is repetitive - especially what a prisoner has to go through when picked up and charged with murder. I'm thankful to a friend who loaned me this book, so I didn't have to waste my money on this one.

• Protecting His Princess (Truman Brothers #3)
  • For the Baby's Sake
  • Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Profile of Retribution (Profile, #3)
  • The Butcher of Beverly Hills (McAffee Twins, #1)
  • The Girl in the Woods
  • Heartsick
  • Drawn Into Darkness
  • Stone Cold Heart (Tracers #13)
  • Shadowed
  • Mistletoe and Murder (Daisy Dalrymple, #11)
  • The Yellow Room
  • True Spies (Lord and Lady Spy, #2)
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
“The best answer I’ve heard came in a sermon given by an elderly priest many years ago. He was traveling in the Middle East and was overwhelmed by the majesty of the Persian rugs he saw. Those gorgeous creations so skillfully woven into such beautiful designs. One day he was in a shop where those rugs were on display. He walked behind one that was hanging on hooks from the ceiling. Looking at it from behind, he was shocked to behold a confusing array of threads that led nowhere. Such beauty on one side, total disharmony on the other, but both part of the same plan. It was then that the message became clear to him. In this life we see only the back side of the rug. We don’t know how or why our unspeakable hardships are part of a beautiful design. That is why having faith is so important.” 6 likes
“Father Frank had shared with Aline, Mike, Fran and Steve something Rose Kennedy once said, "Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?” 0 likes