Start by marking “A Promise of Return (The Outlands Pentalogy #3)” as Want to Read:
A Promise of Return (The Outlands Pentalogy #3)

A Promise of Return

(The Outlands Pentalogy #3)

When Thom Anteros is arrested after breaking into the Building of Historical Records, he demands to be taken before the King. A laughable demand for anyone else, Thom's request is granted and the King spares his life. Yet what's to become of him is left in the hands of the one person Thom truly fears – Mickey Taenia, the King's Hangman.

Infuriated by Thom's refusal to reve

To ask other readers questions about A Promise of Return, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Promise of Return

Start your review of A Promise of Return (The Outlands Pentalogy #3)
Dianne
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sickness is ravaging the land. Thom makes a desperate move to help Nate and Catherine, but it all goes wrong, very wrong. Has Thom been executed or, as Nate believes, is he still alive?

Thom Anteros’ life is revealed. Where was he? What happened to him? Now existing in a living hell for not revealing the whereabouts of Nate and Catherine, Thom will need to channel his keen mind into a well-honed killing machine, or be killed himself, but at what cost to his soul?

A PROMISE OF RETURN is Rebecca Cru
Fazila
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Check out the full review on my website. CLICK HERE

FOLLOW ME ON : TWITTER INSTAGRAM

Book Review for A Touch Of Death (The Outlands Pentalogy Series #1)CLICK HERE

Book Review for A History Of Madness (The Outlands Pentalogy Series #2)CLICK HERE

FR REVIEW :

DISCLAIMER : Thank you Rebecca for sending me an ARC of this book. I am leaving this review voluntarily.

A Promise Of Return by Rebecca Crunden is the third book in The Outlands Pentalogy Series. This series is a fan
Kaila
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wow this was really good.. interesting and action packed... fast read because it held my attention.. it was fun to read and i liked these characters.. cant wait to see what happens next.
April Wood
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"His wrath had always been more powerful than his fear."

Despite inoculations, many are falling sick. Trips into town are followed by vigorous cleaning and bathing rituals. It's only a matter of time before the Plague destroys the human race. Upon Thomas noticing his Complement Catherine and his beloved brother Nate growing sicker, he asks Nate to look after Catherine, with a promise to his brother he'll return.

In book III of The Outlands Pentalogy, A Promise of Return by the talented Rebecca Cru
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 CRANKY STARS

This is book 3 in the series and at the beginning is a rehash of some of the events that happened previously. This one is from Thom’s perspective. For some reason, Nate was much sicker than Kitty and Thom feels it is his responsibility to help him find a cure or treatment. The Kingdom dictates that a sick person must be turned over to the medics. If that happens to Nate, no one will ever see him again. He has caused too much trouble for the government in the past. They have also fo
Heena Rathore P.
4.5

A Promise Of Return by Rebecca Crunden is the third book in The Outlands Pentalogy and the sequel to A History Of Madness . This was an absolute page-turner. I loved how the author explored Thom's journey in this book apart from Nate and Kitty which helped the reader in understanding him better and more intimately.

We get to see and know more about the amazing universe that the author has created and some fresh characters which hopefully would be making an entry in the next parts. I
Jennie Rosenblum
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have read the first two books in this series and while I enjoyed them, I see a difference in this book. Whether it is the seasoning of the author or just that I enjoy the character Thom more than his brother or Kitty, this book was a step above the first two.

This series/author does a great job of giving the reader some closure with each book but at the same time leaves the door slightly open for the next episode. I really enjoyed the linking of character and various points of view to show the
Tom Sinclair
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She's done it again! The third novel in the Outlands Pentalogy draws us further in to the convoluted future world of the human race where man has evolved in radically different ways above and below ground. This time we follow Thom from his arrest to his reunion with his brother Nate and his Complement Catherine.
Most notable in this book, Crunden leads us through the outlying lands, where the local economy is bound up with the exploitation of criminals on a par not seen since Rome or Nazi German
Daniela
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
After the highly anticipated wait to get my hands on this book, I finished reading it over the weekend. There is something so realistic about this world that Ms. Crunden has created. I often find it hard to put this series down. I loved reading about Thom’s experiences after being separated from his brother and of course his relationship with Charles. I’m already counting down the days till the next installment is released!
Ty
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica O'Toole
Probably the best in the series so far, and still...STILL...at an immaculate quality. Series' like this is why Goodreads 5-star rating is crap. It should be out of ten. Because none of these books could be lower IMHO, even though they're getting even more urgent and intricate.

In APoR we're given not only the journey of Thom after he left Nate and Kitty in AToD, but we also get to find out how he ended up on that pike. We get to to see the relationship between him and Nate properly, which to be f
L.
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
This is the third book in the Outlands series, and while they've all been great, this was my favorite so far!

This book is all about Thom's story, and we find out what happened to him after he was separated from Nate and Kitty. It's in many ways a dark and brutal story, but it's also a story about love and friendship and family, and about being willing to do anything to fulfil a promise and get back to the people you love.

It's a real pageturner of a book, especially the first half, and I could ha
Tavleen Kaur (Travelling Through Words)
4.5/5

A Promise of Return follows the story of Thom Anteros. Thom is Nate’s brother and Catherine’s Complement. Thom left both of them in the first book and break into the Building of Historical Records. He gets arrested and he is later presumed to be dead. This book tells Thom’s story right from when he left his brother and partner.

The book begins in the city of Muntenia where a new character Elara Carlow is introduced. A majority of the events in the book take place in Muntenia. We also final
Brenda
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Excellent. Absolutely outstanding! Ms Crunden's phenomenal character and world building abilities finds you quickly vested in the outcome of each characters path. Thom's story! While not at all what I had expected.. it was even better! I am so looking forward to the next one in the series.

There should be an option to give more than 5 stars as this book definitely deserves a much higher rating. I suggest that you make sure you have plenty of time available when you begin these books as you
Deepika
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
The third book in "The Outlands Pentalogy" is "A Promise of Return" by Rebecca Crunden reveals the story of Thomas. As I had guessed, this book was from Thom's point of view who was the younger brother of Nate and complement of Catherine aka Kitty.

First of all, I loved the execution of different characters pov in the different book in the series. I felt so much connected to all the three main characters because I know what were their thoughts and what others thought about them. This made me und
Diana Waters
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for a book with great world-building, realistic characters and some slow-build M/M romance, look no further than this one. I haven’t read many dystopian books that I’ve loved, mostly because I find they tend to fall back on tired clichés and overdone plot lines. A Promise of Return is the exact opposite of that, with a unique story and characters that shine not in spite but rather because of both their strengths and their weaknesses, as well as their varied and complex relation ...more
H.K.
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow addictive and stellar

A fantastic third installment. I am addicted to these characters and this world. This is definitely my favorite of the three and I can't wait to see where this story goes next. Love it! I was so consumed by this book that it took up most of my day. So worth it! What a great ending too.
Feed The Crime
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I’ve become attached to our characters, Kitty, Nate and Thom are like family now. We took a turn in this book that I didn’t expect as I don’t read the synopsis of sequels and it is my favourite so far!

I love the world building in this series, I was able to fully imagine the Red Arena and The Outlands. What I love about these books is Rebecca’s ability to draw me in and make me care about these characters and the plague that is wiping out so many in the Kingdom.

The rest of my review is here: http
Edward Z
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
–>I received a free copy of this in exchange for an honest review.<–

->>Also, the very synopsis of this book is a huge spoiler for what comes before in previous books and there is no dancing around it so be careful if you are looking ahead in order.<<-

Switching to Thom's point of view this time, we learn how he survived and made it to the Outlands at the end of book two...

We flashback in the beginning to the night Thom, Kitty, and Nate are figuring out what to do about being called in about their
BooksCoffee
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With the second and third installments in The Outlands Pentalogy, Crunden proves her mettle as a solid dystopian author as she brings each of the book’s narrative threads together for a highly absorbing, intriguing next installment.

In A History of Madness, Nate Anteros is once again sent to a work-camp, this time in Argon Basin for five years of hard labor, after the king cancels his execution. But it’s hard for Nate to wait that long while his friends’ fate is unknown to him. In A Promise of R
Here Be Dragons
Thank you very much to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

How is it that this series manages to improve by leaps and bounds with each new installment? However it’s possible, I am here for it, and everyone needs to know about it!

It isn’t often that you can actually see a writer become more and more brilliant at storytelling, but with every installment of this series I can see the effort and the polish and refinement shini
Lea Randall
Apr 12, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: dystopian fans
I've read some other reviews saying that this book was the best yet in the series so I had high hopes and wasn't disappointed.

Pros:
- I wasn't sure if I was going to like Thom but after reading this book I think he's my favourite character in the series
- loved reading about this adventure and what happened to him in the Red Arena
- there were some great plot twists that kept me on the edge of my seat
- great representation with diverse characters and sexual orientations
- discussion on disability
James
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once again Rebecca provides a riveting read. Her descriptions visceral and compelling. I have been a Nathan fan since the beginning but Thom shines in this one. Her imagery provides a harrowing freshness to the fights and allow one to imagine how they would act in the character's place (this reader would have died at the first fight for instance). I enjoy very much the fresh eyes given to the story and having the blanks filled in from the previous book. Rebecca has done a great job here and I ca ...more
Jaelhun
Jul 22, 2020
Linda Clark
Jan 27, 2018

• Himagus
  • Undone (The Guardians, #1)
  • Ride the Lightning
  • PHASE ONE INFECTION: CADDIS INITIATIVE BOOK ONE tentacle body horror medical thriller
  • Good Girl, Bad Blood (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #2)
  • Hap: The Prize Winning Horse
  • Salvation Station
  • De Zevensprong
  • The Ghosts of Glenaster (The Glenaster Chronicles #3)
  • The Widow's Thorn (The Glenaster Chronicles #2)
  • Embracing the Looking-Glass (Dreaming of Wonderland, #2)
  • The Witch of Glenaster (The Glenaster Chronicles #1)
  • Rain of Ash (Skydancer #1)
  • The Unicorn Throne (The Four Kingdoms #2)
  • The Dragon Throne
  • The Temptation of Dragons (Penny White #1)
  • Because of Him (Fortunate, #1)
  • Patient K

The Outlands Pentalogy (5 books)
  • A Touch of Death (The Outlands Pentalogy #1)
  • A History of Madness (The Outlands Pentalogy #2)
  • A Dance of Lies (The Outlands Pentalogy #4)
  • A Time of Prophecy (The Outlands Pentalogy #5)