Start by marking “The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book” as Want to Read:
The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book

The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book

THE QUITE NICE AND FAIRLY ACCURATE GOOD OMENS SCRIPT BOOK contains much that is new and revelatory and even several scenes that are not actually in the final television series.

Neil Gaiman's glorious reinvention of the iconic bestseller GOOD OMENS is adapted from the internationally beloved novel by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman and is soon to be a massive new TV launch
Published May 21st 2019 by Headline

Be the first to ask a question about The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book

Start your review of The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book
Nataliya
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
”I don’t suppose that anywhere in the nine circles of Hell there’s such a thing as a rubber duck?”

milou  ☕️
“Don’t think of it as dying. Think of it as leaving before the rush.”

I mean this is the script of the Good Omens mini series which got released last month and this script is only going to make any sense if you've seen it. This is still one of my favorite books to this date and I loved the television adaptation of this, so it's no surprise that I gave into this.

It's still about armageddon.

Girl in a jacket

And there is a hell hound!

Girl in a jacket

This series focuses more on the relationship between Crowley and Aziraphale
Faye*
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading the script book for the Good Omens TV series has increased my respect for the whole team (especially the director and the actors), who created the series, even more.

*Goodreads Summer Reading Challenge prompt “Genre explorer: Read a book from a genre you've never read before.”

*****

So… I did say I was obsessed, didn’t I?

Just when I thought I couldn’t get any more into Good Omens, Neil Gaiman goes ahead and publishes the script book for the TV series.

(Yeah, yeah, I know it's been out a
Jane
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading every moment of this script book. It is like watching the tv show with little moments that are added in.
You get brief moments that are not in the show that adds to the story.
My favorite moments are in episode 3 where it shows the long history between Crowley and Aziraphale. And the scene set in Paris during the French Revolution is my favorite. It shows Azitaphale at his finest. He comes into the middle of a revolution dressed in finery because he wants crepes.
I am a huge fan
Dawn C
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve always loved reading scripts, from screenplays to playscripts, I just love reading the actual, objective text.

Of course Neil Gaiman can’t stay completely neutral - this script book has a lot of little annotations and comments which are both hilarious and sweet and add to the atmosphere of the story. So many scenes make more sense when you read what the actual intend was. Also some parts where left out or cut from the series so it’s lovely to know whatelse was there.

However, keep in mind
Rebekah
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I smiled while reading the whole thing.
Rachael
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachael by: Aziraphale and Crowley ;)
Shelves: awesome, top-ten
I absolutely loved this - it was devilishly good! It made me as happy as Aziraphale dancing a gavotte.
If you've read Good Omens, you should read/watch this too as it has additional details. Terry Pratchett would be so proud of how amazing Neil Gaiman's scripts are.
Chris
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Boom! I am lost to the Good Omens fandom and have been reading nothing but Good Omens fanfic since this one...
Michael Cook
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Companion books to movies and TV shows are always a bit of a dice roll when it comes to their quality. While they're usually filled with interesting anecdotes and tons of pictures, they have a habit of feeling little more than a fluff piece used as advertisement for that film/TV series. Luckily, this isn't the case with either of the two books released as tie-ins for Amazon Prime and BBC's recent adaptation ofGood Omens. Both books - a traditional companion and a book featuring all of Neil ...more
Brigi
Read for the 2019 Popsugar challenge: a book becoming a movie in 2019 (honestly, this is just an excuse for me to gush about the TV show).

Some of you are familiar with my infinite love for Good Omens, so when Neil announced that it was going to be turned into a TV show, I was over the moon. I must say that after the casting had been announced and up to the moment I saw the show, I had been quite anxious. I didn't like that Aziraphale's hair was such a bleached blonde or even Crowley's red. xD

Helena A
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
So yes, maybe its a bit pathetic that I can now quote whole swathes of this show. And that I spent a healthy portion of reading this collecting 'Crowley has anxiety' moments. And being bitter about how much of the Horsemen we lost out of. But also, this show and the book before it have improved my life a thousand times over, so I might as well let it bring me as much joy as it can!

Oh, and this direction... break my heart why don't you.
Stephen Robert Collins
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
2000,000 People signed a positions saying this was Blasphemous , it is all most at the end why, one word does it.But as I HATE SPOILERS if want to find out read the book.
Two cut scenes both very funny but can see why they ended up on the cutting room floor.
Love the Buddy Holly songs hope they make the show & the next book I read helped this book.TV Companion by Matt Whyman all photos & background info.This script book should be read first then the TV non fiction book.
I do not think
Ric
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After finishing the tv show earlier this year, I wanted to reread the book because it’s one of my all time favorites. But I picked this edition up on a whim at work the other day and decided that I’d read (or reread?) it in a slightly different way.

The characters are so memorable, and the story is truly incredible. I remember when I read the book for the first time, it was right around the time that I was getting into Doctor Who, and I pictured David Tennant as Crowley because he was my
Eleanor (bookishcourtier)
oh I love this tv show so much.
Daphne
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Good Omens TV show is my new obsession currently, which is surprising because I gave the book only a 3.5 rating

I enjoyed reading the script of the show a lot, it added a bunch of new details, and it's very interesting to get a glimpse at the process of writing a tv show.

Now I really want to reread the original book to see if my enjoyment of the tv show has changed my perspective on the story.
Mia
Aug 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
me, after watching aziraphale and crowley interact for five (5) minutes on screen: maybe true love *is* real
Emi
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fucking love this. With all my heart, seriously. I don't have enough words, I just have loads and loads of love for this TV series, even more than what I have for the book (which I also loved very much).
It's really hard for a TV series to be better than the book material, but Good Omens, in its TV version, was a beauty all for itself.
As a book lover, and a passionate book fan and shipper, I can only praise what Neil Gaiman made here, with all the amazing cast and crew that was part of the
Heather
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading this in script form is delightful, especially since you get Neil Gaiman’s side notes such as, “The plants are terrified. I have no idea how to show they are terrified.” (I’m paraphrasing, but you get the gist.)

Vicki
What happens when your favorite book gets a spectacular adaptation and you watch said adaptation five times in two weeks?

Obviously, you buy the script book.

A fun read to get some of the insights of what Neil Gaiman originally intended from the mini-series. There are things I wish had been kept in, some that I’m glad were ultimately changed, but I mostly love seeing how the actors interpreted the dialogue and actions.

But best of all?

The stage directions are hilarious. Also, Mr. Gaiman, your
Sinéad
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Ahhh. My absolute favourite book translated to a screenplay translated to the screen. *happy sigh*

If you spend five minutes talking to me, it is no secret WHATSOEVER, that I am a *teensy* VERY obsessed with Good Omens. And Crowley. And Aziraphale. And Crowley and Aziraphale.

I adore the book, I adore the show and now I've gotten to read and adore the show in book form. It was so wonderful reading all of the deleted scenes and scenes that shifted around and were in one place before moving to
Chelsey Saatkamp
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch earlier this year (dang, was it really only this year? It feels like a decade ago), which I liked but didn't love. However, I LOVED the TV series, as it excised a lot of what I thought didn't work and added more of what did - namely Crawley and Aziraphale's relationship. Episode 3? Perfection.

I was interested in reading the script to get a sense of Gaiman's screenwriting style, as well as see what changes were made from
Diana
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 stars*

"I don’t suppose that anywhere in the nine circles of Hell there’s such a thing as a rubber duck?"

In 2015, before his death, Terry Pratchett asked Neil Gaiman to write a script based on the book they wrote together. And so, the TV show "Good Omens" was born.

When I read "Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch", I got a little disappointed cause I had seen the TV show first. As I said before, I absolutely loved it. It's funny, it's corky and has amazing actors
Valentine
Alright, before this book I was never a big fan of plays or scripts - the format just wasn't appealing to me. But as I saw several times online that it was a delight to read, I actually gave it a try, and I can confirm it is indeed a fantastic read!

No matter how many times I had seen those lines through the book, the show and various videos and gifs, I still laughed and smiled several times during my reading. The text itself is adorable and incredibly clever, and Neil Gaiman's writing is just so
Arbys Mom
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A couple of years ago, I read the original book for the first time and loved it. Then earlier this year after the series was announced, I read it again, and loved it even more. Then the series was released and I loved what Neil did to keep his promise to Terry to make something that he’d like. And with this, it’s added to my enjoyment by seeing what Neil wrote before they made the production. There are wonderful jokes in the stage directions, and scenes that they weren’t able to film for lack of ...more
Pete
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beings a whole extra dimension to the Prime series based upon 'Good Omens'. The extra insight is great. There's also dialogue which may be missed while watching the show.
Michelle Birkby
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The complete script with some very funny and illuminating stage directions and extra lines and deleted scenes
Darío
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
I can't keep on living like this I'm crying.
Jai
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read2019
an enjoyable companion to the show - adds some fun context
India
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marvellous. Like everything Good Omens related.
Magdalena
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-bookshelf
Witty, clever, fantastically funny.
The diverse and moving tale of love and friendship, truly a story we deserved.
A great tribute to late Terry Pratchett.
We are lucky to have Gaiman to be honest!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Nice and Accurate Good Omens TV Companion
  • Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
  • The Adventure Zone: Murder on the Rockport Limited!
  • The October Man (Rivers of London, #7.5)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival
  • To Be Taught, If Fortunate
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • This Is How You Lose the Time War
  • Doctor Who: The Runaway Train
  • I Love the Bones of You: My Life, My Family, My Father
  • Loki: Where Mischief Lies
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • Why You Should Read Children's Books, Even Though You Are So Old and Wise
  • Paradise Lost, Book 9
  • Because Internet: Understanding the New Rules of Language
  • Sparrowhawk (Sparrowhawk, #1-5)
  • Eight Will Fall
  • Who's a Good Boy? (Welcome to Night Vale Episodes #4)