Start by marking “Sea Witch Rising (Sea Witch, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sea Witch Rising (Sea Witch, #2)

Sea Witch Rising

(Sea Witch #2)

“The Little Mermaid” takes a twisted turn in this thrilling sequel to villainess origin story Sea Witch, as the forces of land and sea clash in an epic battle for freedom, redemption, and true love.

Runa will not let her twin sister die. Alia traded her voice to the Sea Witch for a shot at happiness with a prince who doesn’t love her. And his rejection will literally kill
Expected publication: August 6th 2019 by Katherine Tegen Books

K8
Dec 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: august-2019
but like. why. 90% of Sea Witch was filler
Sarah Henning
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hey, GR fam, I hope you're as excited about Sea Witch Rising coming out soon as I am! I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that if you preorder, you can get a signed bookplate and Sea Witch Rising/Throw Like a girl postcard from me, as well as be entered in a drawing to win a grand prize package of:

*A signed copy of Sea Witch Rising
*Rifle Paper Co. mermaid notebook
warhawke
Genre: YA Fantasy
Type: Standalone Book 2 of Sea Witch series
POV: First Person – Dual (Female)
Rating:

Alia was willing to do anything for the man she loved. With the infamous Sea Witch’s help, she walked on land to prove it. But it was an impossible task without risking the consequences and her twin sister Runa would not allow that to happen if she could help it.

This book is significantly different from book 1. While book 1 focused more on the main characters, this one involved a bigger perspect
R.F. Gammon
May 29, 2019 marked it as nopenopenope
I really liked the first book in this series, but it was so good as a standalone that I see no reason to read this, especially since my favorite boi won't be in it :'(
Salih Awouda
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why is it getting a sequel? What else is there? I’ll still read it though.
Anna Francesca✨
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25⭐

Received an arc via NetGalley for an honest review.

Having read Sea Witch a few months ago and absolutely loved it (5⭐ book) I was so grateful to have received an arc of this second book.

In this story we follow Alia and Runa - twins, mermaids and daughters of the Sea King. Alia has fallen in love with a human and decides to trade with the sea witch. She will have four days as a human to prove that the love she has is not only reciprocated but true love or she will pay the biggest price wit
Toya
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sea Witch Rising picks up right where we left off from Sea Witch. Evie is tethered to her cave of darkness and avoided by the merpeople as per the Sea King. Evie craves freedom from her isolation. Princess Alia comes to Evie to make the forbidden bargain of turning into a human for four days in an attempt to prove that Niklas, the grandson of the original Nik from Sea Witch, loves her. Even though Alia knows that her father would be outraged, she bargains her voice to strike the magical deal.

"Yo
Leonie Byrne
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Thank you to Netgalley, Harper Collins and Sarah Henning for my arc of Sea Witch Rising in exchange for an honest review.

Spoiler warning: as this is a sequel to Sea Witch, there will be spoilers from book one along the way!

Synopsis: Alia has traded her voice to the sea witch in order to get a shot at love with the object of her affection, Niklas. Grandson of the original Niklas from book one Sea Witch. Runa will not let her twin sister throw away her life for a chance at romance with what she
Jan farnworth
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the sequel to Sea Witch the backstory on one of the most evil villains of all time from the Little Mermaid. I really enjoyed this sequel way more then book one as i felt that it was mostly telling us what we all ready knew about this tale. This sequel takes what was lacking in book one and throughly different story that we all know. This is why i am liking the new malificent story as we have these evil characters but Disney never really tells us why they are evil. What decision changed t ...more
USOM
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Disclaimer: I received this book from Edelweiss. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

Sea Witch Rising impresses me with how clever Henning is. Sure, Sea Witch was utterly brilliant, but really Henning outdoes expectations in the sequel. Multiple different re-interpretations of The Little Mermaid, meets a story where the timeline of the first book serves as a legend in the present? So clever! Not only that, but I love that we are given the last pages of the first to jog
Emma Cailene
When I heard there was going to be a sequel to Sea Witch I almost died. I need more Evie!

So ready for this!!!
Luchia Houghton
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I quite enjoyed Sea Witch... but I loved Sea Witch Rising! Full RTC on Thursday 💙
Stephanie Ward
'Sea Witch Rising' is the electric sequel to 'Sea Witch', an original and imaginative retelling of The Little Mermaid. You definitely want to read the first book before this one or you'll be completely lost. I absolutely loved the first book and couldn't wait to get my hands on this novel. I have to admit that I had high hopes and expectations going in because of how much I enjoyed the first book. I'm very happy to say that it lived up to anything I might've hoped for and then some.

The story pi
Lauriane
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
Sea Witch Rising, by Sarah Henning, is the second book in the Sea Witch series, which is a retelling of The Little Mermaid that focuses on another character in the tale. This young adult fantasy novel will be released on August 6, 2019, by Katherine Tegen Books. This review is spoiler-free.

Sea Witch Rising takes place decades after Sea Witch and tells the story of Runa, a sea princess, who stops at nothing to save her twin sister, Alia. Runa defies magic to help Alia return to the sea as a merma
Emma
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you so much to HarperCollins Children's UK for the opportunity to read this prior to release. I cannot wait for my pre-order to arrive.

Last year I read Sea Witch and I fell in love. The Little Mermaid has been my favourite story/fairytale since I was a child and I couldn't wait to read the Sea Witch origin story.

Skip forward a year and we now have Sea Witch Rising a story that sees us move forward a number of ye
Letitia
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by NetGalley

I have been so fortunate to receive a copy of this ARC from HarperCollins Children’s UK to read and review prior to its release. Thank you so so much!

After the fantastic adventure that was The Sea Witch, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the next installment. In case you were unawares, The Little Mermaid is one if my favourites and I am always super intrigued to see where people take the story once the original story has played out.

Sarah Henning does not disappoint with
Simon Fennex
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
E-Arc provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion

I've read the first book of the saga and didn't like it too much, but let me tell you that without a doubt, this sequel is her best book so far. It was an absolutely amazing story that I'm so glad I got a chance to read.
To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect starting this book since I didn't think it needed a sequel.
With that said, this book hit all my bells and whistles. Loved it!
Tom Chubby
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
gwendalyn _books_
The Little Mermaid”takes a twisted turn in this thrilling sequel to villainess origin story SeaWitch, as the forces of land and sea clash in an epic battle for freedom,redemption, and true love.
Runa will not let her
twin sister die. Alia traded her voice to the Sea Witch for a shot at happiness
with a prince who doesn’t love her. And his rejection will literally kill
her—unless Runa intervenes.
Under the sea, Evie
craves her own freedom—but liberation from her role as Sea Witch will require
an exchan
Bookishly
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read my full review here
Sea Witch Rising brings in a new prince and an old name. Niklas, the grandson of the Niklas in Sea Witch, almost drowns and Alia, a second generation daughter of the Sea King, rescued him. After a time, she fell in love with him. But this book is not about romantic love. It was more about familial love and choosing between right and wrong.
Ruben
Nov 23, 2018

• Remember Me
  • The Mermaid, the Witch and the Sea
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • Untitled
  • Eight Will Fall
  • The Evil Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #1)
  • Bone ​Crier’s Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • Gravemaidens (Gravemaidens, #1)
  • The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic, #1)
  • Tears of Frost (Heart of Thorns, #2)
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • Crown of Oblivion
  • His Hideous Heart
  • Sisters of Shadow and Light (Sisters of Shadow and Light, #1)
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl
Sarah Henning is a recovering journalist who has worked for the Palm Beach Post, Kansas City Star and Associated Press, among others. While in South Florida, Sarah lived and worked through five hurricanes, which gave her an extreme respect for the ocean. When not writing, she runs ultramarathons, hits the playground with her two kids and hangs out with her husband Justin, who doubles as her long-s ...more

Sea Witch (2 books)
  • Sea Witch (Sea Witch, #1)