Start by marking “Meetings with Mary” as Want to Read:
Meetings with Mary

Meetings with Mary

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Through the centuries and across the world, the Virgin Mary has appeared to ordinary people of every race and culture, from scholars to illiterates, from the devout to the unbelieving, from young children to the dying. In this exquisite and inspiring volume, Janice T. Connell chronicles authenticated Marian apparitions and messages Mary has brought from God--as mother, com ...more
Published October 29th 1996 by Ballantine Books (first published October 31st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Meetings with Mary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meetings with Mary

Kenny
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up on a whim years ago. I scoffed at most books dealing with Catholicism, but was intrigued enough to give it a try. As a child I had a deep devotion to Mary. I still do. The Virgin Mary is my strongest hold over from Roman Catholic upbringing. Connell's book on Mary helped to deepen this devotion, and brought into focus why I have such a love for Mary.

Connell goes into great detail on Maryology and discussing Marian apparitions. She also explains why we pray with Mary. A gre
Valerie
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The book reinvigorated my Christian faith and that of several of my relatives. I would say it can be life-changing! Janice Connell must be divinely guided when she writes. I learned about many Marian apparitions around the world but this isn't a historical catalogue. What is conveyed is the message of the Marian apparitions in a very pleasant narrative format. This is my favorite of her books because of its readability and power to inspire. I felt like I was in such a state of grace after readin ...more
Deodand
May 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: asia, europe, non-fiction
I'm not a religious person or a Christian but I enjoyed this book. It is written with care by an author who is committed to her subject. It's like sitting down with Connell because the tone is quite intimate - which is interesting, given the large scope of the history of Marian apparitions. I initially borrowed it from a friend who is devout, just to learn about Lourdes, and wound up buying my own copy.
Tim
May 31, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book on Marian apparitions that I ever read. A friend recommended it to me and he said it really opened his eyes. I had the same experience. The book gives concrete examples of times which the Blessed Mother has appeared. It's a good read!
Holly
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
A book that moves a reader to change for the better is a top shelfer. I know this will be a future re-read as well...I was sad to see this 300+ pager end.
Lu
Visions of the Blessed Mother--Good reference
Helen Kennedy
Jun 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
A book of mostly unapproved Marian apparitions (poorly) written by someone without a background in theology, trying ride the wave of hype from medjugorie in the mid 90s. There are much better books about Our Lady.
Martha A.  Galvan
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book about every 2 weeks, just a chapter or 2, makes me feel good.
A book that says on my bed stand.
Jessica