Start by marking “A Curse of Gold (A Touch of Gold, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Curse of Gold (A Touch of Gold, #2)

A Curse of Gold

(A Touch of Gold #2)

Curses and queens. Pirates and kings. Gods and magic. The final saga of a cursed queen, a vengeful Greek god, and a dazzling kingdom in the balance.

After barely surviving thieving, bloodthirsty pirates and a harrowing quest at sea to retrieve her stolen treasure, Kora finds readjusting to palace life just as deadly. Kora’s people openly turn against her, threatening to ove
Published September 22nd 2020 by Blink

Start your review of A Curse of Gold (A Touch of Gold, #2)
Antonella
May 26, 2020 rated it liked it
After receiving this book, I went and read book one. I think that is a huge advantage to enjoying this story more. I only wish I liked this one better. It is completely subjective but I just couldn't get into it. I liked book one just fine. But reading this I was mainly bored and not interested in the plotline.
Again, I would recommend the book to all YA fantasy readers. Especially if you like a retelling.
I was not in the mood for it but I 'm afraid if I waited any longer I would not finish it
Diana
Sep 18, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnfed
'A Curse of Gold' is the sequel to 'A touch of gold', and they are easy, fun reads, although I have to say I liked the first one best.

This one picks up where the first one left out, presenting Kora ready to take her place on the kingdom and taking care of her ailing father, as it seems like his recovery wasn't as miraculous as we could have expected, and then suddenly they are under attack.

Move forward the action a bit, and it's Dyonisius who is sending the attack because he made a bet with an
Alaina
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

A Curse of Gold started off pretty slowly for me. About half-way through, though, it did get a bit better. Which made me pretty happy since I really enjoyed the first book and was super excited to dive into this one.

Now you still meet the same people you met in the first book, they just have a new mission. Kora is out to get God Dionysus. Of course she can't just show up on his doorstep and smack him or anything. No, she h
Marta Cox
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Three and a half
So this book (which is a sequel) has Kora the daughter of Midas still fighting to save her father from his curse. His health and indeed his position at Court are declining when Kora is viciously attacked by one of Dionysus creatures. Kora and Royce set sail to find the fabled Oracle in the hopes that she can tell them where Dionysus hides and that they can finally get him to remove the curse of gold that is slowly draining the life of Midas away !
Hands up confession time because
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
omg it ain't even written yet! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! ...more
Kate (Feathered Turtle Press)
Sep 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020
ffs. I have no idea how the not-even-greek first book was published, but NO ONE should be green-lighting a second hot mess.
Melissa
I really liked reading about all the incredible adventures of Kora and her friends to find Dionysus. She is amazingly brave and courageous, and has her kingdom at heart.

However, all the adventures and the strong bonds that formed between herself and her friends would have been more believable if the second book would have been more than a couple of weeks after the ending of the first book.

But if you thought that fighting temptresses and pirates was awesome, wait until you see all the creatures
AJ
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Netgalley for allowing me to read an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

"I know what I’m doing this for. For Lagonia. For my father. For us. For moments like this."

I was extremely excited to not only be approved for this ARC but to also be selected to participate in the TBRandbeyond instagram tour. I instantly ran to read the first book which I enjoyed! So I was more than ready to dive into book 2!

The world building in these books are so well written and I love Greek
Chance (temporary.escaper)
Apr 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
Thank you to NetGalley for a free eArc in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed Annie Sullivan’s first book of this series A Touch of Gold when I read it last year and I enjoyed this sequel just as much. I love that she added a lot more mythology to this one, which I felt lacked in the first one! She has a very unique writing style and her characters are enjoyable.

The issue I had with this one was that the action felt very rushed over the 5 days it takes place. It made it so the world buildi
jessica
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
what a solid conclusion to a fun duology! the highlight of this story is definitely the much needed world-building that was lacking in the first book.

similar to its predecessor, this sequel features fast-paced daring adventures, sailing the seas, scuffles with sea gods, a touch a romance, and lots of gold, but it just feels much more developed.

i appreciate the look into the gods various roles in the plot, since it wasnt really explained in the first book. i like how we get to know dionysus’ mo
Sylvs (NOVELty Reads)
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
ARC kindly provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Where did that come from!

A Touch of Gold was one thing but boy wait until you read its sequel! This was everything I wanted from a book intertwined with greek mythology. I found that the characters were more well-rounded and that the mythological aspects were much richer than that in the first book. I was obsessed with Triton, Dionysus and Poseidon which provided a really fun and interesting tale I simply couldn't resist.

A Curse
Megan
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
"A Curse of Gold" by Annie Sullivan is the second book in the “A Touch of Gold” duology. It can be read as a standalone, but I recommend reading the first in the series to fully enjoy this entry. “A Touch of Gold,” the first book in the series, is a “King Midas” retelling. Kora, our heroine, is King Midas’s daughter. She has been touched by King Midas and cursed. Her skin is gold and she has secret powers.

In “A Curse of Gold” Kora seeks to break the curse once and for all. Her people do not tru
Joanne
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was looking forward to the second book in the duology because I adore the characters from A Touch of Gold. It was nice to step back into the world of King Midas and Kora.

I enjoyed A Curse of Gold and seeing the return of my favorite characters from the first book and getting new characters like Triton, son of Poseidon (he became one of my favorites).

I thought Kora grew a lot in the first book but she definitely shows more growth in this book. She goes from being a Princess who is hidden away t
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
This is the second book of a duology based on King Midas’ daughter, I read and loved ATpuch of Gold so was eager to dive back into this world, I didn’t regret it at all. I love the mythology in this story and it felt like even more was covered, included in this one too. I love the action, questing, adventure m it’s just a action packed read, the writing is fabulous, it’s just draws you into the authors word and doesn’t let you go. Kora is a fantastic character, but I loved some of the supporting ...more
coty ⚡
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, netgalley
Kathreadya
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-series
A Curse of Gold starts off just a few weeks after book 1, and I was happy to see my favorite characters again. The action starts in the first chapters, and keeps ramping up the entire book!

If book 1 was about Kora maturing as a person, A Curse of Gold is about Kora maturing as a queen. The theme of defining what a leader means is woven through the whole book, and again I enjoyed Kora's journey of discovery while on a journey to deal with the big villain (Dionysus himself this time).

I enjoyed see
Mere
Apr 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a copy of the e-arc in exchange for an honest review.

So, I enjoyed the first book. I love seeing different takes on mythology, and this one was definitely interesting! I hadn’t seen it done that way before, and I was intrigued. Of course, I picked up the sequel (this one) before I’d read the first, so I had to read that first. This is the sequel to A Touch of Gold and I think it is a good sequel.

The Writing
I like Sullivan’s writing. I liked it in t
Shilo Quetchenbach
Aug 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
I was hoping I'd like this one - I read the first and thought it was ok. Same with Tiger Queen. But I figured authors improve with each book, right?

Well, the joke's on me. The prose is so monotonous and boring it saps all tension from the scenes. I just feel nothing about the characters (which were pretty flat before but I kinda hoped she'd round them out) or the plot or anything really.

Here are some examples of why I realized early on that this book was not for me:

"He tosses Royce and me sword
Monica
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, retellings
Initial Thoughts

I was excited to read this book. I had purchased a copy of A Touch of Gold by Annie Sullivan but hadn’t read it yet and receiving an ARC in NetGalley was a perfect reason to start this series. I actually bought the first book because I thought it was a standalone and was pleasantly surprised to find out it was a duology.

Some Things I Liked

PJO vibes. I loved the Percy Jackson / Greek gods themes in this series. I am a big fan of mythology and I really enjoyed the way the gods and
Candyce Kirk
A Touch of Gold was a lot of fun and left me excited to see how Kora's story would continue. Now that she has found her father's gold, the next obstacle comes to stand in her way. Dionysus is threatening a war on her kingdom and she can't let that happen. So she decides to try and stop him before he can attack everything she loves.

Greek mythology is always something I love reading about, so it was a lot of fun seeing all of those elements in this story. It was definitely an element I really enjo
Dharshani
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sara Strand
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you loved book one, you will love this one, and you will cross your fingers for a book three! This book is full of twists and turns, incredible characters (Triton, Poseidon, the Oracle, etc), and I loved Kora! I completely loved this, I flew through it in one day and I didn't find that it was slow in parts at all. I mean, go in knowing this is written for the young adult audience for sure, this isn't an adult fantasy. You also HAVE to read book one for this one to really make sense and to rea ...more
Whitney
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Thank you to Netgalley and Blink Publishing for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This in no way affected my rating**

A Curse of Gold is the sequel to 2018's A Touch of Gold. The book sees Kora and Royce on another adventure to save Lagonia, this time from Dionysus instead of a coup from within the city.

I really enjoyed this book. Maybe even more than the original. I read A Touch of Gold when it was released, but I think you would be able to read this without having read the f
Jan farnworth
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anyone else totally reeling after finishing this one? A Touch of Gold was good but A Curse of Gold was fantastic. My heart was in my throat for the ​last half of the book and i shed quite a few tears at the end to. The first half of the book had me rolling and laughing as Kora trades barbs with Triton. Triton had some of the best lines he totally made this book so enjoyable. The fear I had for these characters as they battle it out with the Gods was so on point. This is a must read.
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
RTC for blog tour. Thank you to the publisher and Edelweiss for my review copy.
Eva
Apr 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This read was ok. I didn’t like the pace of the story and the characters just weren’t my favorites. The story was well written and a lot of adventure but it all felt rushed. I enjoyed the first book in this series so I was looking forward to this sequel. It does end the series well.
Rebecca
This was okay, nothing special, nothing dreadful. I'm sure some people will really like it - maybe early teens as an intro to fantasy. ...more
Michele Israel Harper
Such a good sequel! I loved this book and couldn't put it down. And I freaking adored Triton--I could read about him all day. I can't wait for the next book by Annie Sullivan! ...more
Christine
Like many sequels, this book isn't quite as good as its predecessor.

"A Curse of Gold" gives us the further adventures of Princess Kora (daughter of the mythical King Midas) as she tries to protect her kingdom and friends from the trickster god Dionysus. She defeated a human enemy last time, but can she win against an actual god?

The adventure itself is a lot of fun. There's danger, riddles, a hidden oracle, sea monsters, and all kinds of bargains between friends and enemies. Kora is still a wonde
Kylan Mogg
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roses are Red, Curses are Gold

Hey everyone! Welcome back to this lackluster blog site where I cannot seem to get my crap together. I want to apologize for my silence over the past few months. Graduate school has been a major buzz killer.

But…
MORE.

I am happy to announce that I’ve officially graduated with my Master’s degree in Creative Writing!!!

Now that we got that over, let's dive into new books that have been keeping me up until the wee hours of the morning. Being a huge fan of mythology and
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Ignite the Sun
  • Meet Cute
  • A Golden Fury
  • Twin Daggers (Twin Daggers, #1)
  • The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)
  • The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)
  • The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)
  • Master of One
  • Beach Read
  • Rubinrot (Edelstein-Trilogie, #1)
  • Crownchasers (Crownchasers, #1)
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • Meet Me at Midnight
  • A Holiday by Gaslight
  • The Jewels of Halstead Manor (Ladies of Devon #1)
  • Devastation Class
  • Winter, White and Wicked
  • Bear and Fred: A World War II Story

A Touch of Gold (2 books)
  • A Touch of Gold (A Touch of Gold, #1)

News & Interviews