Start by marking “The Living (Warm Bodies, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Living (Warm Bodies, #3)

The Living

(Warm Bodies #3)

The New York Times bestselling Warm Bodies Series has captivated readers in twenty-five languages, inspiring a major film and transcending the zombie genre to become something "poetic" (Library Journal) "highly original" (Seattle Times) and "ultimately moving" (Time Out London). Now the story of a dead man's search for life reaches its conclusion on a scale both epic and ...more
Published November 13th 2018 by Zola Books

Start your review of The Living (Warm Bodies, #3)
Faith (BookSelf ~ You Are What You Read)
Does the world deserve forgiveness? Does it deserve another chance?

I was very conflicted as I read this. The overarching emotion I felt throughout was disappointment. Unlike the rest of the series, this felt like it lacked a real direction. I wasn't sure what the goal was, and what had been the established goal at the end of The Burning World was pretty much entirely forgotten until the climax. Conflicts were often repeated multiple times, or borrowed from previous books, and it left me feeling
The Book Consultant
UPDATE: The Living will be released November 13th!! Check out www.IsaacMarion.com to see the cover art AND to ore-order a signed hardcover!

Update: Isaac will be self-publishing The Living with an expected release date of fall 2018. I can’t wait to finally get my hands on this book!
♠️ TABI ♠️
Aug 26, 2017 marked it as to-read
YO MY COVER FINALLY CAME
akiko
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story covers the lives of different characters after the 'New Hunger' novella events, as well as 'The Burning World' (book 2 in the series), and the focus is the taking down of BABL, in the present day. It was a rather melancholy book, but filled with hope, and lots of religious and political undertones.

My favorite of the series is Warm Bodies, and New Hunger, not so much the last two books.

I hope Isaac does a less melancholy book/book series in the future, because I enjoy his writing.
TJ
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
My enjoyment of this book may have been lessened because I read The Burning World so long ago, and this is basically “part 2” of that story. That said, it kinda felt like I jumped in the middle of a narrative, but that’s expected! It just was hard to do! I recommend reading them back to back, definitely. Some of the concepts in this were a little too “out there” for what I usually go for, and one scene in particular was a little silly, but overall it acts as a solid conclusion to the series. ...more
Emily
Feb 10, 2017 marked it as to-read
This book will be released the same year as The Burning World (a.k.a. the second book in the series)? Amazing.
Lorre
Apr 28, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After having read book 2 and 3 in this series I wish I would've quit after Warm Bodies, book 1, with it's open ending. But no, I wanted more and I thought that book 2 and 3 would be as wonderful as the first book. Well, they weren't... The further the story went, the worst it got.

The story is all over the place and and has too much going on. Axiom, The Boneys, The Fire Church, those whipering ancient things (still not clear to me what they were), the charachters flash backs, some little side
Jess
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Honestly - I don't know how I felt about this book.

The first book was light and humorous, the second not as much and this one definitely not. So it wasn't what I was expecting. Also - I didn't even understand it.

So...I don't know.
Raygun ∆ Gothic
Apr 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Publishers, please publish faster. I'm dying of cliffhanger.

description
Joan
Feb 01, 2016 added it
I think I want to finish it in a peaceful sorroundings.
Alice hamer
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I just finished The Burning World. I love R no matter what, and I cannot wait for last book to come out! yay!
Danielle Zimmerman
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-buy
The Warm Bodies series and the story of a zombie filled with love has come a long way since it made its first appearance in the world. Evolving from a sort of existential Romeo and Juliet story featuring zombies into a cautionary-tale-turned-uncanny-commentary on the current world climate and now to a beacon of hope, this series encapsulates every aspect of the human condition. It may have been pitched as a story about zombies and survival, but The Living proves it’s so much more than that.

The
Paige Brumby
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The final installment of the Warm Bodies series is deeply thought provoking and intense

Everything comes to head in this fourth and final book in the series. Relationships are questioned, people are lost and found, old identities are discovered and new ones are forged. In the end, this series is ultimately a story about the power of choice, hope, willpower and humanity. Once you believe something is true, that belief can take over and bend reality, literally in the case of the Warm Bodies series.
The Bookish Austin
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy I read to the end of this series. <3

You can read my review of the Warm Bodies series here: https://thebookishaustin.tumblr.com/p...
Rehema M
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!

I love this book and loved the story. Very good and hopeful conclussion to the series. One of the best books of 2018!
abdulia ortiz-perez
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-for-2018
I received this book from Smith Publicity Publishing for honest review!
Give me Zombie!
This is not my type of reading but was happy to received this cuz it was so good. Know I have to read more books of his and read more action packed books.

Wow what a surprising read. Couldn’t put it down and enjoyed every minute of it. Has a nice flow right from the end of the other books to this book. Just when I thought it was ending you turned and keep the reader at the edge of their chair.
Keep up the great
Svenja
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: buy-next
"So f*ck no, I'm not ready. For any of this, but I know I have to do it." Me going into this book because I'm so sad that this story is over, I really just want to go back to the first book and read it all again.
This is the conclusion to R's story, but it's also a story about saving the world, finding yourself and how fucked up society really is.
I really love how Marion started the book by saying that this was never supposed to be a political book and that he'd finished the story long before the
Bingz Huang
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I got to read this epic ending to the Warm Bodies series!
It's so beautifully written and it is a strong reminder for me to not be afraid of my external reality. The reality is always mouldable. Just be true to yourself and what you really want.
Natalie
Jun 27, 2019 marked it as abandoned-books
I've finally come to terms with the fact that I don't want to finish this book. I'm sorry. I wanted to love it, I really did. And there was parts of it that I did love. But only parts. There were only sections within this long book that I thought were lyrical or heart wrenching, and for the rest of it, I just wasn't interested. I didn't like the way the back story was building, or how long it was taking for things to happen. I'm really sorry :( I'm glad there were people who really enjoyed the ...more
Iris
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4.5
A beautiful conclusion to an outstanding series. I don't regret spending 40 on a physical copy, so I guess you could say I really enjoyed it.
Sara Grossaint
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for a book titled The Living by Isaac Marion ever since I closed the back cover of Warm Bodies clear back in November 2011, when I was on Thanksgiving break and had just discovered the most magical thing a person could possibly have the privilege to discover: a truly meaningful, life changing book.

It took seven years and two unexpected other books from that moment until now for me to finally be able to hold and pore over a book called The Living by Isaac Marion and it is so
~☆clockwork
Before i review this i have to send out a heartfelt thank you to Isaac Marion, not only for writing this amazing series but for never giving up, i feel so honoured to own this book i know what you went through to put it in my hands and its not often an author will put so much love and dedication into their fans and I'm incredibly grateful that you did you're awesome!!!
So now on to the review i loved this!!! It was everything i was hoping for and more not only is Isaac Marion an incredible
Jac
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, sci-fi
I waited so long for this book and so was extremely nervous about how it would turn out, but it is without a doubt, the best book of the series!! Each book builds on the last. The writing and characters grow. The storyline becomes more complex and exciting with each chapter and there was nothing here that I didn't like. This is a unique world with a unique way of storytelling and I loved every minute of it.
Alyson Kent
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. WOW! That’s all I can say for the ending of R and Julie’s story. So amazing!
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. There were a lot of intriguing elements that I liked, and a lot of really good character development. I was satisfied with the ending and felt like everything wrapped up well. However, the book just doesn't feel like it's going to stick with me. Would've rounded down to 3 stars except getting the emails from the author while waiting for the hardcover was a really cool way to feel more connected to him and his publishing process, making him more human rather than just a distant ...more
Kiana
The Living is probably the least memorable of the books in the Warm Bodies trilogy, not because it’s bad—in fact, the quality across all of Marion’s books has been remarkably consistent—but because it feels so much like a long conclusion rather than a story in and of itself. It also certainly didn’t help matters that I read The Burning World a couple of years ago and am fuzzy on the details; though, if I want to excuse myself a little bit, I think there’s an argument to be made that The Living ...more
Chelz Lor
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: If you're curious about Zombies, but don't really like Zombies
To get a bigger bite out of this review, head on over to my website: ChelzLor.com

**Thank you to Net Galley and Smith Publicity for providing me with an ARC for an honest review**

In reading this book I feel I have broken a cardinal law that I established for myself when I took up the mantle Book Worm. I have to say that it’s not a pleasant feeling, but I think I’ll get past it once I start reading my next book. I read out of order!!! Dun-dun-dun!!!

The Living by Isaac Marion is the third book in
Suganya
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Check out more reviews on my blog:

Book Review: The Living by Isaac Marion (Warm Bodies #3)
I must admit I don’t usually read zombie novels, partly because of the hype. Everybody was reading zombie books and there was just too much zombie movies and tv shows saturating the media. This book series has been in the periphery of my vision for quite some time. As this is the third book in the series, I can not reveal too much without ruining the story.

My Thoughts:
The
Kelly
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the Warm Bodies ending we deserve.

(Full disclosure: I received a free e-ARC for review through NetGalley.)

We are ten thousand generations of humans and millions more of simpler things, a vast history of lives and experiences condensed like an ocean of oil, growing deeper and more refined with each new moment of beauty. We want to ignite. We want to be heat and light. After billions of years, we are running out of patience.

“What we had before is what burned the world down. I’m ready for a
Swagatam Nath
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Warm Bodies series that started as a sweet love story in apocalyptic era concluded in an entirely larger than life scenario with "The Living". I was so excited that I read it in a single sitting as soon as I got the e-book. I would recommend reading "The Burning World" and "The Living" back to back. Liked the way the characters developed. The plague that lives within feels like a metaphor after reading the third novel of the series. The story is about how the central characters choose to ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• My Bison
  • Come See the Living Dryad
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Dangerous Games to Play in the Dark
  • Das Lächeln der Fortuna (Waringham, #1)
  • Chasing the Moon
  • Helen and Troy's Epic Road Quest
  • Robin - Die Wende (Das Lächeln der Fortuna, #2)
  • Last Flight (Dragon Age #5)
  • Robin - Die Rückkehr (Das Lächeln der Fortuna, #3)
  • The Masked Empire (Dragon Age, #4)
  • The Invisible Orientation: An Introduction to Asexuality
After 9 years, 4 books, and 1 pretty good movie, R and Julie's story is about to reach its conclusion.

THE LIVING, book 4 of the Warm Bodies Series, is available now.

isaacmarion.com

Warm Bodies (3 books)
  • Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1)
  • The Burning World  (Warm Bodies, #2)