Start by marking “A Hamilton Christmas (HIS, #9)” as Want to Read:
A Hamilton Christmas (HIS, #9)

A Hamilton Christmas

(HIS #9)

Published November 2018 by Cunningham Books

To ask other readers questions about A Hamilton Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hamilton Christmas

Kentucky Bohemian (Grace)
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fan of the HIS series, or anyone who loves a good story
While this story doesn’t quite follow the normal guidelines for a traditional romance novel, it’s so full of love throughout that the reader will still feel the passion. A little bittersweet for fans of the HIS series, this last novel features the entire Hamilton clan—all three generations in a suspenseful murder mystery that showcases not only the talents of the men and women of HIS, but the love of the Hamilton family as well.

Featuring prominently within the story is whipsmart Reagan, eldest s
books are love
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received in exchange for a honest review.

I was sad to see this last book in the series come. This is a great series and this ending was wonderful. We see how family is important to this tight night group. How they are there for each other and love one another.

The story is just as wild and fun as the rest of the series. Here the dad calls the family to christmas and has some interesting developments.

So the family comes and they come in a wild and crazy way. We see the children of the adults take
Yvonne Cruz
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
For those readers that have read and loved the HIS series, this one is bittersweet. It’s the end of the series about the wonderful family we have come to know and love. Though not a romance, it’s a story filled with three generations of Hamiltons, some new surprise family members, a murder and the mystery in solving it. Not one, but three generations are determined to solve the problem, highlighted by the delightful, and precocious , ten year old Reagan Hamilton.
A page turner, a reminder of the
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book direct from the author, and I thank Ms Kell for that.

This book takes place a year after His Fantasy, Brad's story, and is like a catch up on what all the brothers and their wives have been up to. And they are been doing a LOT of baby making! So it was great to catch up with everyone, all in one place.

It's a bit different that the other HIS books, in that the story is told from Jesse's ten year old daughter, Reagan and h
Jessica
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Hamilton Christmas is the ninth book in the HIS series, but is super unique that it features the whole entire family, can be read completely alone, and doesn’t feature a new romance. Told from Reagan’s, a ten year old, and Blake’s, the patriarch of the family, points of view, when their family gathers together for a Christmas to remember, they weren’t expecting a murder mystery, secrets, danger, and new family members! With everything that’s happening in the lodge, will HIS be able to solve th ...more
Di
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved reading about the Hamilton men again, all the characters that I have grown to love and now all of them with families of their own. It’s not your typical romantic suspense...not really. Unless you consider all the Hamilton men with their one and only, still in love, being romantic, and protecting their family.
There is suspense, a mystery, a little bit of thoughts of steam when it comes to one of the Hamilton men, humour that had me chuckling out loud and a few times my eyes got misty wit
Sarita
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I love Ms. Kell and this Hamilton series has been a favorite of mine. I must say that I found this story a bit lacking than the rest of her stories. The other stories immediately pulled me in and were filled with suspense, action, and family drama; but this one took me awhile. I loved how the entire family got together but even with having read the series, there was so many family members that it can be confusing. I loved the dual POVs, especially reading how the father/grandfather felt about hi ...more
Janice Campbell
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read and loved this entire series, including this one. Although I am sorry this series has ended, I enjoyed the path this author chose for the finally. No love interest you say? Pffft! There is so much love in this family that there is NEVER a lack of interest in love. What I enjoyed most in this one was the children. The Hamiltons are learning what is was like for those who raised them. The kids are just like them; stubborn, loving, fiercely loyal, funny and all alpha just like their par ...more
Clare
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Hamilton Christmas is the last book in this wonderful series, and I have loved reading each and every story, especially that each one of the family gets their happy ever after. Even though this story isn't based on that same theme it still has plenty of mystery and suspense, a little romance and a look at the younger generation picking up on what the adults do for a living by becoming mini sleuths to solve a murder on their Christmas family vacation.
This book was a fitting end to the HIS serie
Paula
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely a wonderful story.
I volunteered to read and review an advanced readers copy of A Hamilton Christmas . I really enjoyed reading this story . I'm dad to see this fantastic series come to an end . I love the HIS series , but I look forward to the next series . This series bring the Hamilton's together for Christmas , but of course there's always trouble finding them . The story is really interesting and intertaining . It's a suspenseful and thrilling time at the lodge . The story is well
Lisa
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I always fan girl when a new installment of HIS hits my kindle. This had a festive feel to it (obviously) with a HIS twist to it. Snowed in and having to investigate a murder that implicates one of their own, the whole family rises to the challenge of investigating.

As usual it packed a punch but I loved the way that it focused on the next generation of HIS. Told through the eyes of the children and the senior member of the family, this provided a unique perspective that made me smile. I would lo
LeeAnn Lewis
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Although different from the rest of the series, the writing and plot in this book keep with the tradition that has run throughout this series. What's better than a family Christmas? For this family, it seems to run around some type of suspense. I liked the way the older kids were brought into this story and how they were able to help the family figure out who did it, while still being kids. Enjoyed this series and look forward to more books by Sheila Kell. I received an ARC of this book in excha ...more
Crystal Gray
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh goodness, where to even start. I have NOT read any of the other HIS books. That didn't take away too much from this story. There are a lot of characters that we would have gotten to know in the previous books but I was able to catch on easy enough. I really liked that the dual POVs were so opposite. Grandfather/10 year old grand daughter. Reagan sure has a knack for sleuthing. She wants to take over HIS when she grows up. While she needs to remember she is still just a child she might have wh ...more
Pamela Mitchell
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful way to wrap up the HIS series with captivating characters and a great Christmas adventure that included mystery, suspense, humor, a great family dynamic and so much more. I really liked 10 year old Reagan who is "in training" to be a future leader at HIS.

Sorry to see this series end but I look forward to what Ms. Kell will bring us next. I received an advance reader copy of this book and this is my unbiased review.
Chrissy
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the final book, in this amazing series. It is a little different then the other ones but oh so good. Reagan, has no filter she will have you laughing allot. There is still a murder to solve and the suspence is still there. I loved seeing all the family together. It was just a great Christmas read. Loved it. If you, have been reading this series you have to read this. You will love this book.
K.M. Lowe
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good!

Ah, the final book of the series. (I cry) I've loved this series so much. I come across book 1 of this series when I was ill in hospital last year, and each book of the series helped pass a lot of time away for me. I've followed this series, felt a big part of the family, and loved every second. This book was told from a different perspective, mainly from Reagan's point of view. It was interesting. It was another family holiday where the HIS team don't get a break. I really don't want it to
Linda Dossett
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mystery and mayhem brought about by an over abundance of characters, including intrepid youthful sleuths in this Hamilton Christmas who-done-it. I found this story a little convoluted, had problems following who’s point of view I was reading. Although I enjoyed the HIS series, this story is not my favorite. If you are looking for a Hamilton story wrap up that includes all the members and then some, this is for you.
Kerry
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
A fun Christmas installment! The HIS series has featured some great couples, so it was nice to get to learn more about their children and see things through Reagan's eyes. This story is bittersweet in some regards, particularly since it is the end of this series before the spin-off launches. The mystery was interesting, and it was nice catching up with this family. I'm really looking forward to the new series!
Nancy
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this last book in the HIS series, family, warmth, caring, togetherness, laugh out loud growing up children trying to find their place in this awesome family, mysteries, murder and mayhem for all of the HIS group to figure out. What a wonderful way to end this series and for the Christmas season coming.
Cheryl
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
(3.5) I love the Hamilton Series, I love Christmas Books and I love Sheila Kell. The cover is outstanding. This was one is told mostly through Regans eyes and some through Blake. Your sort of eavesdrop to the whole thing. It was not my favorite format, but the plot was wonderful. I enjoyed the mystery, the laughter, the bombshell of Blake and the future he foresees. The feeling of family, the new characters. I snorted right along with Jesse in that one scene with Regan. (Read the book).
Kathleen Bradbury
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story line and characters, Awesome !! Loved this book. The storyline was so interesting that it had me turning pages in anticipation of where it would lead . I was very intrigued with the characters in the story. Simply awesome . Definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a great read. I would recommend to others. Worth the read and the money!
Christyg
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spending Christmas with the Hamilton Family was a great time. It was good to catch up with all the members of the family while they celebrate Christmas together. They unexpected events made for a good story. I loved the parts being told from Reagan's perspective. I can't wait for her to grow up and get her own story. Jason's future story will be funn too! The story is a fun read, I look forward to more installments from Sheila Kell. I received an advance copy for an honest review.
Karen
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While not exactly a traditional romance read, this book is filled with feels...love, sweetness, a touch of the bittersweet. The characters are defined, lovable, relatable and distinct. Great series and should be on the TBR list for lovers of this genre. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Andi
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting twist on one of my favorite family series. This one still has all the Hamilton’s & their families at a Colorado lodge for Christmas. We are given a fresh young perspective with Reagan Hamilton as our junior sleuth guide helping to unravel the murder mystery on Christmas Eve.
Katy
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
First, this is the last of a series. That being said, I should add, I have NoT read any of the others in the series. I probably will though.

It was not a bad story, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Most of it was told through the eyes of a smart-as-a-whip 10 year old girl; the rest through the eyes of a sentimental patriarch of the Hamilton clan. Her desire when she grows up is to work in the family's business, HIS, which is an investigative firm. The family has gathered for Christmas at a res
Pat
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the ninth book in this fantastic series! Great characters continue and the story couldn't get any better, plus, I found this book to be quite fitting for the Christmas season!
Helen McNabb
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic story, I am so invested in the Hamilton family.

It was the best day ever when I was introduced to Sheila Kell and her HIS series.

If you want a great series of stories to read get your copies now.
Janice Vantrease
Charming! All those Hamiltons, mystery and mayhem, a touching Christmas story, and some of the story told from the perspective of ten year old Reagan. That girl plans to run HIS some day!
June Rodgers
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great end to this series.

I have read and loved each book in this series and hate to see it end. I hope that there will be more offshoot stories in the future. I would recommend this series and author to anyone who likes romance,friends and family, with suspense thrown in.
Anita Hanekom
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh the Hamilton’s couldn’t possibly have a family vacation without drama & suspense. I loved the story, the whole clan together was fantastic and I just adored Reagan - I do hope this means that there is going to be a next gen series because that would make this old heart very happy. The story had me glued to the pages way past my bedtime.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Sheila Kell writes smokin’ hot romance and intrigue. She secretly laughs when her mother, in that stern voice, calls it “nasty.” As a self-proclaimed caffeine addict nestled in north Mississippi with three cats, she wears her pajamas most of the day and writes about the romantic men who leave women’s hearts pounding with a happily-ever-after built on a memorable, adrenaline pumping story. When she ...more

HIS (9 books)