Start by marking “The Boy I Grew Up With” as Want to Read:
The Boy I Grew Up With

The Boy I Grew Up With

I have loved Channing Monroe all my life.

In first grade, he asked for my Trapper Keeper.
I hit him in the head with it.
Third grade, we were best friends. We kissed in seventh grade.
Eighth grade, he turned into a bad boy and the rest was a tumultuous storm.

Growing up, the problem was never love for us.
Bad times. Good times. There were times when I felt our love in ever
ebook, 1st edition
Published October 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Boy I Grew Up With, please sign up.
J Amazon is late. It's live as an ebook on Kobo though, if you can't wait :-)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
J I was on the fence with liking Channing too, and whether I should even buy the book. But I did. I think you should too, because nothing everything is …moreI was on the fence with liking Channing too, and whether I should even buy the book. But I did. I think you should too, because nothing everything is as it seems ;-) (less)

Start your review of The Boy I Grew Up With
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is Channing and Heather's story.

When Heather says she has loved Channing all her life, she literally means just that, these two go way back to a time when they didn’t know how important of a role the other would play in their life.

He'd worked his way under my skin in the first grade. He'd declared us best friends in third. we'd held hands in fifth. We shared our first kiss in seventh, and he'd been a headache ever since.

Though they do have a toxic, whiplash relationship
Wendy
4ssdf

I have been a "Heather & Channing" fan, ever since I've read the "Fallen Crest High" series. Heather was actually the only female character, besides Sam, that I really truly liked. Sure Taylor wasn't so bad either, but she was no Heather or Sam....at least not to me ;) These two have balls of steel....especially Heather it seems !!

Gerelateerde afbeelding

What I didn't know from reading the "Fallen Crest High" series was how far back Channing and Heather really go... They have been a "twosome fearsome", as Logan would s
Corina
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: emotional, new-adult

WOWZER!!!

This was an emotional read!

And as always TIJAN delivered a spellbinding and thrilling novel.

I must admit, Channing and Heather are one of my favorite couples ever since reading FCH. Channing is such a charismatic and mysterious guy. And Heather is KICK ASS!!!! She is a true bad ass woman. One that stands her ground and gives as good as she gets. I always wanted to know more about their backstory, and THE BOY I GREW UP WITH answered all of my questions. I'm so glad the author fi
Candace Tidwell
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow! Anyone that follows me knows that Tijan is one of my FAVORITE authors! October has become my all time favorite month because I get new books from them all and I'm lagging a bit from reading all the new books BUT...this has been my favorite so far.
I have wanted this storyline for soooooooo long! Heather has always been my favorite kickass sidekick and she finally has her chance to shine! Of course mysterious Channing has always interested me but Heather is obviously the one I relate to. ;)
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
3, Not a true standalone book.

I can see why people loved this book. If you are a fan of the Fallen Crest series and have read The Crew then you follow this “world”.

I stopped reading Fallen Crest after the 3 book (the love triangle wasn’t my cuppa and it was kind of ansty). So after reading The boy I grew up with, it made me sad. I love Tijan’s books, but I hate it when her standalones aren’t true standalones.

There are a lot of moving parts to this book and a lot of characters. I’ve never been fo
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
can't get through this one for some reason.
Coco.V
Oct 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
The Boy I Grew Up With is on sale for $1.49 (regular price $3.99) on Amazon U.S. today (10/3/2019)💞
Brittany
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-reads
4 stars!!!

“I will never be worthy of you, but one day, I hope to be better. One day, I will give you everything. I promise.”

Ahhh- its always fun getting a book about a side character. And if I am being completely honest... I prefer Heather to Samantha! So when I heard she was getting her own book... I was thrilled!!

This story follows Channing and Heather from the Fallen Crest series. It goes through their whole life from past to present. These two have grown up together and have a very l
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Finally!! Heather and Channing’s book! I feel like I’ve waited forever BUT I am petrified that I’m gonna hate it.

I don’t trust Tijan anymore and her OTT melodrama is just too much for me....I’ll be waiting for some honest reviews. I already know Channing cheated in high school and Heather was with Logan so I’m doubting this will be safe....
BookSmacked
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To say I devoured this book is a gross understatement. I'm a huge fan of this series already.

I love books that have storylines depicting relationships over time and this one does that. Heather and Channing first appeared in the ever popular FCH series by Tijan and in The Boy I Grew Up With we get their story.

A coming of age relationship these two definitely have their ups and downs and I was all over it. The drama of a relationship that essentially starts when they are kids and goes through ha
Paula White
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sigh...loved it
Jan
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A best friends, childhood to adult - coming of age love story.
Oh I do love these kind of romance's at times, I love the journey, the firsts, the self-discovery's, the swoon-worthy moments that make you go all gooey inside.

Heather and Channing aren't without their issues and live in a world of Crew's where there's bloodshed, gang wars, territory wars and this is something Channing battles with, should he have heather, the girl he loves in the middle of it all? but at the end of the day their so
Richelle Robinson
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
So after reading “Crew”I was very curious to read about Channing and Heather. Channing is Bren’s older brother. The story alternated between past and present and we got both of their points of views. I enjoy being able to be in their heads and feel what they felt. Channing and Heather have a LONG history and if I’m being honest they both annoyed me to no end. They constantly kept repeating the same things over and over and over. I get that they are young but at some point you HAVE to grow up. Cl ...more
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, page-turner, alpha
I was so looking forward to Heather her story! But also a tid bit scared. It was amazing!

There was a moment that I felt sad and bad, but it turned around when it came out!

I enjoy Tijan her writing style very much, she always manages to pull me in and keep me captivated. Which in all honesty is rare these days..
I loved Channings crew also they are all so fun! I love what they stand for and the loyalty! What again is hard to find these days.

Why not 5stars if I loved it so much? I don't know I'm be
Anne Milne
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally we get Heather and Channing's story j was happy excited and slightly nervous to start this as Tijan and the Fallen Crest characters are some of my most loved in the book world.

Although we know most of their story we get to see it from another angle. So many hidden truths and secrets are laid bare for the readers to pick over. I felt quite emotional at times which I didn't really expect to be honest. Together they have been through so much but as a couple they are fantastic together, the
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
The Boy I Grew Up With (TBIGUW) was another Tijan masterpiece. I swear just when I thought she couldn't surpass Crew, Tijan legit made my head spin with Heather and Channing and their love for each other and their families. This book spanned years and she could not have done a better job. This book was magnificent!

I absolutely DIED for Channing during the Fallen Crest books and then when we got a closer glimpse in Crew, I thought it was heaven. But NOTHING compares to this story. NOTHING. I abso
Nicla
Another good NA read from Tijan. Very similar feel to Crew but with more violence and sex. I do like Crew better but prefer the romance side of The Boy I Grew Up With. There was some angst but again it wasn’t as full on as I expected which I was happy about.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Aly
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, audiobook
This was a good book overall, I just thought it was too long. There were a couple times it seemed like it was wrapping up and then I look and I still have 12 chapters to go. It didn't have great pacing so it felt like it dragged on some parts, then lots of action in others. I didn't realize it was the same characters from Crew, so that was an interesting surprise. The crew idea is different, I feel like they're pretty much gangs, just with less criminal activity. Heather and Channing's relations ...more
~Dawn~TUG
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another gem given to us from the amazing Tijan. I love all words by Tijan but this book hit me right in the FEELS. I fell hard for both Heather and Channing. They hook, lined and sunk me with there push...pull, back and forth that all compiled at once with a love that couldn't be broken or outdone. I adored this story. One of my very favorites of the year. TIjan writes, I read is still going strong.
Maria Macdonald
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wrongly or rightly, as one of favourite authors, I tend to hold Tijan to high standards. I also feel like this story has been a long time coming.
So I was scared that maybe the story would lack some vital magic and out of all the books I've been waiting for, I really didn't want Heather's book to disappoint. My concern came from feeling like I knew these characters already and maybe Tijan wouldn't capture all the things I had hoped for.

I'm so pleased to say my worries were all for nothing.

Heat
Pamela Lilley
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know the feeling. You start a book, and from that very first page you know. You just know that you’re gonna love it. Well that was me with ‘The Boy I Grew Up With’. I’ve not had that feeling for a while, but thank you Tijan. It’s back! I fecking loved Channing and Heather. I was expecting good, great even, what I got was even better, it blew all my preconceived notions out of the window. It literally blew me away! We got a glimpse of Heather and Channing in Fallen Crest, and then again in Cr ...more
Karen Mc
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I have loved you almost all my life. And I don’t see myself loving anyone else.”

The Boy I Grew Up With. An ordinary name for one extraordinary story. A story that is so special. A story of soulmates that spans time. A story that stuck my soul like a storm, clenching my heart, as it hit me with a force of feels I never saw coming. A story that made me feel everything. A story that is EVERYTHING.

This love story morphs from childhood into adulthood, so full of depth and breadth, one that transcend
Georgie
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel like the story of Heather and Channing was a long time coming and I'll be completely honest here...I had no expectations going in to this one...I knew it was going to be good but I guess in some way I wax worried that we'd end up maybe covering ground we had already walked...

holy shit how fucking wrong was I!!!

This book was amazing!
It was full of so much emotion and feels!
It's almost like we have watched their story unfold in reverse!

Heather & Channing have been such integral characters
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

5 Stars!

Pretty sure we have all been waiting on baited breath for Tijan to write this story and holy fuck did she knock it out of the park in every fucking way possible y'all. Since we met this chick early on in the Fallen Crest series, I just knew this particular relationship and their unique story was going to be explosive, intense, jaw dropping and life changing... I just didn't anticipate how much.

The Boy I Grew Up With with was an unforgettable, beautifully, intricately, emotionally
Kara (Rotella Reads)
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!!!

You know that feeling you get when you step in line for the biggest roller coaster your eyes have ever seen. As the line inches closer to the ride, you stare up at the cars flying up and down the track, patrons squealing with joy and screaming in fear. Your heart starts to race and your palms get sweaty as your stomach flips, watching and waiting. That's how this book felt.

The entire read was the biggest Tijan roller coaster ride I've ever encountered. My emotions rode those highs and
Nicole Patterson
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was classified as a standalone but I do think it would have been a little less confusing to have reas The Fallen Crest series first. I have all those books just haven't dived in yet. But I loved Heather and Channings story. Heather is one tough chick, I admire her fight. And Channing, oh, well I'd like to climb him like a tree 🔥
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic

It was nice getting to read Heather and Channing's story. They had to go through a lot of obstacles to get to where they're at but I'm glad that some of the situations were only misunderstandings.
Davina Herondale
DNF @ 9%

i honestly wasn't feeling it but im trying to go through my tbr list on here and this was the first of many
Lindsey King
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Angst 4
Tears 3
Value 4
Storyline 5
Panty Scorching 4
Overall Rating 5

Damn!! I have been waiting to hear more about Heather and Channing and I was not disappointed. Tijan Nailed this book! Starting in fallen crest These characters have worked their way into my heart and now I feel complete after getting their story. Channing had me so pissed off through out the years that I never thought he would redeem himself in my eyes. But I was wrong. He did and then some. Heather.... that bad ass woman! I want
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
“He’d been “mine” in some form or another almost my whole life. To say our trek together had been one with upheavals, peaks, climaxes, and downfalls—that’d just be an understatement.”

“I’m crew, and that’ll never change. And you’re in danger because you’re the woman I love. I’m sorry, I am. But that’ll never change either. I’ll never love someone like I love you. Don’t ask me to try.”

As unbelievable as it may seem for me to tell you this, but Tijan is a New-to-me-Author. O

• Boys of Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #1)
  • Trouble at Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #2)
  • Reign of Brayshaw (Brayshaw, #3)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Pretty Reckless (All Saints High, #1)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • The Kiss Thief
  • I Bet You
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • The Rebel of Raleigh High (Raleigh Rebels #1)
  • Dear Ava
  • We Shouldn't
  • The Wrong Blaze
  • Broken Hill High (Broken Hill High #1)
  • Hate Notes
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • The Moth and the Flame (When Rivals Play, #2)