Start by marking “Iron Gods (The Spin Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Iron Gods (The Spin Trilogy #2)

Iron Gods

(The Spin Trilogy #2)

From Andrew Bannister, author of Creation Machine, comes another thrilling, heart-in-mouth new science fiction novel of the Spin.

In the depths of space, a beacon has awakened. And an ancient technology has begun to stir. As its memory returns, with it comes a terrifying knowledge—a grave warning about the future of the Spin that has been concealed for ten thousand years.

Ten thousand years aftyears.

Ten

Kindle Edition
Published July 30th 2019 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Iron Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Iron Gods

Start your review of Iron Gods (The Spin Trilogy #2)
Kate
A fascinating universe.

Annerlee
I loved this book.

Why? Lots of reasons, including:
Excellent world building. Complex narrative driven by interesting and believable characters. Weird and wonderful alien species (weird BUT still believable). Cool VR and AI.

There were beautiful settings and icky ones. Friendship and banter juxtaposed with torture and downright skulduggery, political intrigue, religious fanatics and insurrection... And a millennia-spanning plot. Ohh... and don't forget the giant spider and other interesting inse
Mark
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, here’s the sequel to another of last year’s surprises – the first novel, Creation Machine, was one of my ‘surprisingly good’ reads – one I enjoyed much, much more than I was expecting. It made my best of 2016 list at the end of the year.

Like Creation Machine, Iron Gods takes place in The Spin, an artificially created group of eighty-eight planets and two suns. This is a wonderful place to play, being varied in cultures and species.

However things are changing. Now ten
Ventsi
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure whether this book is about something. It is entertaining to read and is somewhat resembling of Banks - its large artificial structure setting, its ships with funny names, and at times the style. It is nice read but one should not ask too many questions about it in order to enjoy it.
Pep
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf
I wasn't expecting much when I dragged this off the library shelf, but I had just slogged my way through Gnomon by Nick Harkaway, and I felt I should reward myself for two weeks hard labour with a light space opera I could knock off before the social necessities of the Easter weekend.

I did NOT expect a book which reminded me in tenor and quality of the best of Iain M Banks!

I read it much too quickly, but will probably buy the series (hopefully not a "trilogy", but like th
Michael O'Donnell
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read. Space opera with a twist of cruelty. The writing was tight. The characters and scenes defined and engaging. It got vague towards the end when trying to tie it all together. Reading the first one might have made it easier to understand. Still a ripping yarn
Knurrwolf
It's not a bad book, but is's Universe and the many places could get the reader confusing. Especially since there is to less background to be a stand-alone book. Sadly it's not to seduce me to read the other books.
Alexander
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with the first Spin novel this felt like it needed to be longer
Art
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
A nice surprise by an author new to me. I will search out the rest of this trilogy and read it as a result.

- recommended by library
Sep 11, 2017
Tristan Stephens
Jul 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Born in 1965, Andrew Bannister grew up in Cornwall. He studied Geology at Imperial College and went to work in the North Sea before becoming an Environmental Consultant. For the day job, he specialises in green transport and corporate sustainability, but he has always written - initially for student newspapers and fanzines before moving on, encouraged by creative writing courses, to fiction. He's ...more

The Spin Trilogy (3 books)
  • Creation Machine (The Spin Trilogy, #1)
  • Stone Clock (The Spin Trilogy 3)