Start by marking “Only Human” as Want to Read:
Only Human

Only Human

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Getting sick sucks, and magic sucks worse. So when Saul finds out that his sudden bout of sickness is actually a curse, he's understandably freaked out by being referred to a necromantic specialist. But the ordeal is made moderately better by the cute receptionist, Theo, who is exactly Saul's type—aside from the fact that he's dead.

Sure, he's gray-skinned and put together
ebook
Published October 17th 2018 by Less Than Three Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Only Human, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only Human

really liked it 4.00  ·

Shelby
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm glad I didn't re-read the blurb before starting this, as it probably would have made me want to set it aside again for a while. I was like, "Is there going to be full on zombie sex?" and even as I was reading it and enjoying it, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about a sex scene with a zombie, but the whole story was really cute. I do wish it had been a bit longer, but when your MC is cursed, I suppose you don't want to drag things out.
Solly
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a nice read!

I think by now I've read most of Meredith Katz's shorter works, except for the Pandemonium series, and enjoyed them all. They're quick reads, often fun and/or sweet, with really great characters and fun (if not super complex) worldbuilding.

Only Human was no exception. Don't expect a whole lot of plot around Saul's curse or Theo's death, it's more a romance than anything else, with the fantasy/curse aspect staying mostly in the background. I was completely okay with that, t
H.R. Harrison
I wanted to love this book. I loved the summary, I loved the opening, but I found that the book as a whole just went straight where I expected as fast as possible, like driving on a straightaway through Nebraska. I kept expecting the plot to twist or even turn in an interesting direction, but... it didn't.

And that's a shame, because I thought the world was interesting, and that the characters had significant potential for some good Drama, but instead, it felt like the story wasn't given enough
Caro Reads
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer, kindle, read-2019
I'm glad that I do enjoy some smut fiction from time to time, otherwise this little gem would've been a bit disturbing. If you're not into lengthy explicit m/m sex scenes this one's definitely not your book.
Emily Smith
Addie M.
Aug 17, 2019
Maggie
Aug 13, 2019
Author of LGBT+ romance and speculative fiction! Likes humans, monsters, and the hazy places between the two.
* Personal Website