Start by marking “There's No Crying in Rock-N-Roll (The Guitar Face Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
There's No Crying in Rock-N-Roll (The Guitar Face Series Book 2)

There's No Crying in Rock-N-Roll

(Guitar Face #2)

Henley Hendrix—Queen of Rock-n-Roll—finds her world shattered and her heart betrayed, but is determined to get the band back together to reclaim her title in the world of rock. But when life continues to spin out of control, so does her behavior. Will she find her strength again amid all the chaos and pain, or will the bright lights consume her soul?

This is a rock star rom
Published October 1st 2018 by Bell Bridge Books (first published October 13th 2014)

“I will always love you, no matter what.”

This was an adult contemporary romance, which picked up where the previous book left off.

Henley was an okay character in this, and she certainly went through a lot. She did self-destruct a bit at times though, and choosing to take drugs to numb the pain possibly wasn’t the best idea.

The storyline in this was about the cliff-hanger at the end of book 1, I can’t say too much without dropping spoilers, but boy did it make things hard to Henley! Pretty mu
Leona Woolfolk
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
*I received this amazing book as an ARC courtesy from the author for a honest review*
The Long Awaited Sequel to Guitar Face!!!!!

Where to freaking begin…

Can I just begin by saying that this has been my most anticipated book after the release of Guitar Face by Sasha Marshall?

I desperately want to go through each and every chapter and explain its magnificence but then that would make this review even longer than I believe it will become. What I will say is that when (not if) you plan to read this P
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Anyone watching could see the immense love our souls share. Is that love enough?"

Well, apparently I don't belong in rock-n-roll cuz I'm a cryer. And this series is putting my emotions through the wringer. All that shit you read in the media about sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll is definitely included in this story. Henley is devastated and acting out. The music helps, but it's not enough to heal her broken heart.

The more I read the more I love this author's writing style. She doesn't hold back or
Amanda
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rockers-fighters
I honestly didn't think anything could have been better than Guitar Face...well paint my face red and call me wrong! lol

THIS BOOK WAS 5 FREAKING STARS AMAZING

I giggled, I smiled, I laughed, I got angry, I cried, I had happy tears, and I down right sobbed. Not to mention wanting to slap a few people up side the head here and there!

And that ending....

Talk about a cliffhanger.

As with Guitar face, the writing in this story is impeccable. It's completely fluid and sucks you in right from the first
LaDonna
So many opening lines are running through my head. I guess the most important one is how in the world I didn't discover this author and series sooner. I know I had at least seen or heard of them, but not sure why I hadn't picked them up before. I have another book waiting in the wings that I need to get read in reviewed, but spologies to the suthor of that book, there is no way I am reading anything else before I finish the next three books in the series. Even if I have about 457 newly invented ...more
Doris
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could give this book more than 5 stars I would. I am a huge rock romance fan and those are the books I usually stick with so with that being said this series and this book in particular is one of the best of all of them.

I have quite a few rock romance books on my book shelf waiting to be read and I kept bypassing this series for the usual rock romance authors I read. Boy, was that a mistake! Not to take anything anyway from some of the others but I have never gone through all the emotions
dana
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why why why

why do you do this to us????

talk about a cliffhanger.

I think I like this book better than the first one. I am so in love with these characters and the events they are trying to overcome. I can count on hours of no productivity when I start your books. I just can't put them down.

next year can't get here fast enough!!
Steph
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Henley Hendrix thought she had been through all the bad life had in store for her and was finally on the right path. Just when things were going well in her career and love life, everything is ripped away and despite her best efforts, she can't seem to find her footing again. The harder she tries, the more she seems to loose until Henley finds herself going down a path that will lead her to a very dark place. Once on that path, will she be able to find her way back?

First off, let me sa
KiBo
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Peace, Love and Sasha Marshall does it again!

What can I say?!? Sasha Marshall once again drawls the reader into her rock-n-roll universe, however, with a deeper tone to the music so to speak.

Henley turns back to her guitar and gets the band back together to record new music. Although her professional life appears to be getting on the right track, personal issues spiral to a dangerous low causing the mere mortal reader like myself to worry about the destiny of our beloved Guitar Goddess.

The same
Helô Delgado
This book is way better than the first one. And I gave 5 stars to Guitar Face...
It's really, really good!
Now that I already know Henley and her family and friends I got myself thinking what was going to happen in their life.
It turns out that a lot happens! Really! The girl doesn't have a break in this book. It's full of cliffhangers!
The first one was predictable but it turned out to be more confusing and catching that I thought it would be. I felt anxious from the beginning to the end of it. An
SandraBarg
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sasha Marshal has covers everything in this book! It has you feeling every emotion you can possibility feel! I laughed, cried, loved and hated. The writing is so exquisite, it is like you are living through it yourself. There is very hot sex so not Kent for under 18. Can't wait to start the next one! I highly recommend this book!
Michele
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap....I can not write a review right now, I'm crying so hard. This book was an emotional big "eff me". There are no words to describe what happened in this book. You just have to read it yourself!!!!
T.M. Payne
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book: There's No Crying in Rock-n-Roll (Guitar Face #2)
Author: Sasha Marshall
Publication Date: 5/29/2015
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
Henley just can not catch a break and yet again her world comes crashing down around her only this time will she be able to dig her way back to the top?

Wow is all I can say. This series is so good and the books just keep getting deeper.
Yes, there are some grammar issues but they do not take from the story.
I do recommend you
Diary Of Book Fiend
I can visualize the characters in my head

Sasha Marshall gives so much life to her characters that I can actually see thee scenarios in my mind. Kinda like how they all see Caleb...ha ha..Book 2 gets more intense and I find myself really wanting to throw some punches as I wipe my tears and scream at some of these book boyfriends! This series has my emotions all over the place in the very best of ways!
Tanya
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh sweet baby Jesus, what a roller-coaster of a book. In this book we see Henley's life begin to spiral out of control, taking hit after hit after hit until she can't take any more & loses herself. An emotionally charged/ packed book. FANTASTIC!!
Janee
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have be sucked in and no way ready to stop!!!!!
She Hearts Books
Henley discovers something about Jagger that breaks her. Completely shatters her heart and their relationship. Damn that Jagger! I was so mad at him for her. In the matter of moments her life changes and she begins to self medicate the pain away. Between losing Caleb and the drama with Jagger, Henley just can't face her life anymore. So she hibernates with her friends for a few days and then decides to club her pain away. She comes face to face with Jagger who asks to explain. This is where I fa ...more
Kylie Allen
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Ok. Cliffhangers suck, but the story is 5 books along and I'm so engulfed in this story that I can't stop. Even though I'm mad, and frustrated with Henley, she's still an amazing character. I'm also still rooting for Jagley. :) READ THIS SERIES!!!
Mari
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Henley, Things have really hit the fan. It just seems like Henley cant catch a break. Jag has been hiding the fact that he maybe a dad from Henley even though it was a one night stand and it was before him and Henley hooked up. Claudia the baby mama, can't seem not to be in the middle of starting the drama. She wants to be in the middle of all things when Henley is going to be there. She even lets the media aware of doctors appointments,etc. He never told Henley and the boy she finds out in t ...more
Victoria B
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW what an addictive read! Book 2 picks up right where book 1 ends and once again I read the whole book in one sitting because I just had to know what happens net. Book 2 did not disappoint and is a great read on its own but an awesome continuation of book 1. (This is not a stand a lone and book one must be read first). Once again I am met with that horrible cliff hanger at the end that takes your breath away while your yelling no at the last page because you want more.
Ashley Stevenson
I received advanced copy from United Indie Book Blog for my honest review. Love this series and enjoy the flow of this book. These characters take each other pain as of their own to give each other the strength to find the happiness and joy they had for life. Henley has been through a lot of pain but learning how to grief through it all.
Leigh
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me feel every emotion possible! Sasha's ability to write characters that you connect with on such a deep level, is an amazing feat. I feel like these characters are my friends, and I miss them after the books are over. I can't wait to read the next one in line! Great story, love able characters, with just the right amount of sexy thrown in the mix.
United Indie Book Blog

review by Ashley
Rina Smith
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great continuation

This series is killing me. I want to shake her and beat Jagger, and give Kip a big hug because he comes across like a giant silly marshmallow. Loving Memphis and all the others.
Donna
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There maybe no crying in rock-n-roll but this book was a tear jerker
Melissa Burke
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love this series
Ashley Johnson
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could live in this book. I want to hold Henley's hand and help her punch and kick the shit out of people! Another amazing story!!!!!
Stephanie Dreyer
Loved this series. I can't wait for book 3 to find out what happens next
Mary  Meredith
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: daf-goddess
Ah-freaking-mazing

So the second installment just continues with the punches! You will totally laugh at Kipley!! Cash is the best dog ever written into a story
Sam Swift
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i am in love with the series! great read! feels real and raw! true emotions!

• Riled Up (With A Kiss, #2)
  • Strumming Me
  • Hollywood Blackmail (Seacliffe Medical #1)
  • Lost Avalon (Finding Nolan #1)
  • Rock Angel
  • Redeeming You (Before You, #2)
  • Losing the Ice (Ice #2)
  • Backstage (Boy Band #2)
  • Love Songs for the Road
  • Between A Rock and A Hard Place (Radical Rock Stars, #2)
  • Crimson Sin (Rebel Heart #1)
  • Hated (Rock Star Trilogy, #3)
  • Love of a Rockstar (Love of a Rockstar, #1)
  • The Rock Star And The Girl From The Coffee Shop (The Rock Star and The Girl From The Coffee Shop, #1)
  • Limelight (NSB, #4)
  • All Night Long (Black Halo, #1)
  • Black Ice (Stark Springs Academy #3)
  • Rock It (Rule Breakers #1)
Award-winning author Sasha Marshall is devoted to giving her readers humorous adventures with a love story sure to melt their hearts---and their minds. She wants you to laugh, cry, get angry, and sigh when you find redemption in the story, because that's the roller coaster of real life. Her knowledge of the music industry comes from being a touring concert photographer with legendary bands such as ...more

Guitar Face (5 books)
  • Broken (The Guitar Face Series Book 1)
  • Walking Back to Georgia (The Guitar Face Series Book 3)
  • River of Deceit (Guitar Face, #4)
  • Make It Rain (Guitar Face, #5)
“Ignoring! Yes, I am ignoring the Sunday church fan my vagina broke out in order to fan the flames. I hate that he does this to me.” 8 likes