Start by marking “Wishing For Them (Fairy Godmother In Training)” as Want to Read:
Wishing For Them (Fairy Godmother In Training)

Wishing For Them (Fairy Godmother In Training)

As a fairy living in a small town, my goals are pretty simple: go to the community college, own a coffee shop, and live my life drama-free. But all that changes when my name is chosen to receive a full scholarship to Aradia, the most prestigious supernatural academy in the world. On a dare, I had entered, never expecting to be chosen, yet here I am.

Surrounded by the best
Published November 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Wishing For Them, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wishing For Them

Tash
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Reviewed @ Thoughts By Tash
Review copy kindly provided by the author in exchange for a honest review
A theme can make a book . it's a simple fact. Andrew clearly did that when she burst on to the scene earlier this year with her first series. So far her books have been more of the horror/paranormal variety. This book was a bit of a change from the genre that Andrews has become known for. Firmly planting herself into the college scene with a magical paranormal story that reveals another side to
Dominique
Country Goose
I enjoy reading Ellabee's work. She is a very gifted author with a bright future in writing.

This book has a promising start, but.... Yes, but... It fell short. Will I continue the series? Absolutely. I wish the characters had more depth, and the world building was more substantial. There is still time for the character building and structure to be shaped.

The plot is rushed and overwhelming. We have 4 "bad guy" situations, and I feel like less would have been more. It would have served better t
Abi
This was a great book! I loved the main character, Rhia, and all of her friends/tentative lovers, Sentine, Maks, Gavril, and Declan. They were all friends first, which I liked, and cared for each other deeply. The book ends with a very interesting development (not a cliffhanger though) and I am so excited to read book two! I loved the different supernatural species present, from fairies and leprechauns to succubi and gargoyles. It was so interesting to read, and I can't wait to see what Ellabee ...more
Joann
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

No spoilers of any kind included.
This book was freaking fantastic.
Awesome beginning to a new series since it hooked me before I could even finish the first chapter and I stayed hooked right up until the very end of the book.
Ellabee Andrews has definitely put herself into the top slot on my list of favorite authors list.
I look forward to reading more of her books in the future most definitely.
So yep you got it I do recommend this book to anyone who’s searching for a fantastic story to get co
Nov 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
***This book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own and in no way swayed.***

So...I really wanted to like this book. I liked the idea of it, I liked that it explored supernatural creatures outside the norm (for which I thank the author, because this genre can get a bit boring otherwise). Overall I thought there was a lot of potential here. That said, there is a lot wrong with the writing, and I had a really hard time as a result.

I found the writ
Myriam
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ellabee-andrews
This was one of the loveliest fantasy stories ever! I fell in love with the story and the characters already on page one and I only loved them more and more as the story progressed. And bought the second book immediately and started reading it without a pause.
The funny thing is that I usually don't read about students from magical academies, however, since I knew and loved this author before, I started the book without even knowing what it was about! And as expected, the author took me to this w
Amy Ausburn
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Off to school

In this book, we follow Rhia to a prestigious academy for magical beings. The first in her family to attend, she gets there on a scholarship. The first scholarship. Rhia not only has to deal with snobby rich jerks, but also with the schooling and someone who's out to harm her. Sounds like a regular college experience huh? Well, maybe not!
I really enjoyed this book. There were a lot of different beings in this book that strayed from the typical paranormal themes. I love unique books.
Kirsten Charnoski
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read the Revel and Rot series, I couldn't wait to read the newest book from this author.

Completely different, but still awesome! Ellabee has a gift for dialog, making you feel you are really hearing her characters words and not reading stilted words that young people wouldn't say.

I really enjoyed the characters. I am in freaking love with Fifi. I absolutely adore her and how she is lovingly described.

This is a light hearted romp with magical beings most stories leave out. Have you ever he
Peggy
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ellabee has done it again

Ellabee has done it again. She has written a book that I didn't even know that I needed but now can't live without. This story combines the RH genre, the ya feel of falling for someone (or multiple someone's as the case may be), supernatural creatures of all kinds, friendship, rivalry, and even a little danger; then wraps it up all in a brightly colored bow called Wishing for Them. There is so much I want to say about the characters, the setting, and even the plot but I
Nikki Horne
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is the first RH that I've read with another female within the harem. I wasn't sure how it go but damn!
Let me just tell you a little about the characters.
Rhia, or Rhiannon is the FMC. She is strong and smart. Reading the book you have an idea that she does have a short temper that's tamed by her rationalized thinking.
Gavril - damn this gargoyle is funny but sweet.
Declan - is a leprechaun that teases and flirts.
Maksim - sweet mother of God. Burns hot and sweet as all hell.
Satine - woah!
Danielle Poole
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is worlds away from the author's first series but it is absolutely outstanding....i loved everything involved in this story and i cannot wait for the next one in the series..... the author is amazing how easily she transitioned from zombies and just like her books before this one she did not disappoint on the amazing and great detail and effort she puts into her books....My favorite character has to be the fairy godmother....such a refreshing and out there personality.....every charac ...more
Tyler Joseph
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME

I’d definitely recommend reading this book, I sat and read it in one sitting. The book had a great storyline that had depth and awesome visualisation that sucked you in to a magical world. Plus there were LOL moments aswell to top it off! I’ve not read a book that focused on these types of supernaturals before so that made it that much better for me. The main characters were written so you could instantly fall in love with them plus this is also the first reverse harem book I’ve read that
Missy Brown
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a author that delivers everytime, keep Ellabee Andrews at the top of the list!! I loved this so much. She has created such a world, with unique characters and a storyline that kept me entertained. The female lead Rhia, I liked her from the start. She seems like she is so relatable, her reactions are some that I found myself agreeing with. The boys, Declan, Satine, Makism and Garvail seem to be the just what Rhia needs. Their dynamic is easy flowing. Overall Wishing for The ...more
Kristin
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story and excellent writing

Interesting twist on the whole "Fairy Godmother" story. This first book is slow burn with setting up the relationships and characters. It is pretty fast paced story wise. The title headings made me laugh at times. It's a different twist so far on RH as well with a female as part as well. I'm guessing we see how the come together in the next book.
Crystal Amason
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! The author brings the characters to life in such a way they seemed so realistic to me. Her descriptions are flawless and you can image everything so clearly I was so there. And if you can read this without totally girl crushing on Satine, something is wrong lol. I hope the author is a fast writer I need to see where this goes! This is a fantastic read! I had so much fun reading this book!
Andrea
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new series!

This was a thoroughly enjoyable, and unique, read! There are fairies, leprechauns, gargoyles, succubus, and other supernaturals at the college that Rhia will be attending. Rhia just wants to keep her head down and get through her classes, but a group full of hotties and one very wicked witch, ensure college is more exciting than she expected! Very much look forward to book 2 in the series!
Andrea Carruthers
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun

I need more Fifi in my life! Ellabee Andrew's did a wonderful job of creating a unique set of characters. This book is well written with an interesting plot line. It's a very slow burn so if your looking for lots of sexy times, this might not be the book for you. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of sparks flying and some hot kiss scenes. I am looking forward to seeing what book 2 brings.
TipseyBookReviews
I had read Andrew’s Sightless before this, and while the books have completely different feel to them they are both well written and original. I really liked Rhia - she is a strong girl, and has adjusted to having her magic be limited. Her harem - Maksim, Satine, Gavril, & Declan are all unique. I like how Rhia stands up for herself and others, but isn’t above a little revenge either. I will definitely be check out book 2!
Jordan
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!!! This was AMAZING. I literally finished in a few hours. Ellabee crushes it with this one and I’m dying for the next. The way the characters are painted in this is out of this world! And the new supernaturals she’s used....I can’t even think of a word to do it justice! Needs to be on all RH TBR lists!
Michelle
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting and enjoyable

This story was interesting and enjoyable. The storyline was a terrific concept, it was fantastic, without rewriting the blurb that's all I can say. The characters were fun to read about and entertaining. Interactions between characters was definitely good. This is a series I'll be continuing.
Francina Alley
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome

This is the first book that I have read by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a twist on the standard RH, and I was left wishing I could get my hands on the books that are sure to follow. This seems to me to be the best of the Harry Potter and Twilight ideas all mixed together.
April Collins
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fairy wings and a touch of Fifi

This story was really cute. I'd say its. Good start to a YA, Rh mix read. No burn in this book but theres no need with the chemistry the mains have together. Throw I'm the amazing Fifi And it just males the book pop. I loved it. But man that ending. Hope for more from this story for sure!
Cassandra Carnesecca
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

This book was amazing, it is fun and exciting it was truly an experience. The characters are just wonderful and fit well together. The story line draws you in and makes you feel like part of the story. Thank you Ellabee Andrews for another amazing book, cant wait for the next one.
nicky
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant

I want to be Rhia! This girl is so strong and stands up for herself and her willingness to help her friends is amazing, the way it has been written is just as amazing. I really hope there are more to come on this as I would to see her grow along with her friends.
Tiffany
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was fantastic! Great world building and truly unique characters made this slow burn a real page turner! I’m a true supernatural fan, and learned of some new and obscure creatures- Loved the fresh storyline! Lots of suspense, action and heat had me reading into the night. Can’t wait for more of Rhia and her sexy harem. Seriously anticipating #2 👍
Natalie
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was expecting a little crazy but that was insane and I loved it. A little over the top fighting back against the bullies. The plot line was interesting and the characters were great and different. Favourite character was Maks. Dec needs to get with the program and Fifi was a nice addition. Looking forward to reading the next one.
April
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unique

This is the first book that I have read from this author. It is a very unique fantastic read. Amazing characters. It has humor, fun, love, mystery, and bullies that get back what they dish out. I loved it and can't wait to see what happens next.
Jaime
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful

Ellabee Andrews does it again! Another book that has me hooked from chapter 1 with a brilliant storyline and a relatable FMC. And Fifi!! How can you not love fifi! So good! I am so excited for the next book!!
Alyrica
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Good

This book was good. I liked the characters and the idea of becoming a fairy godmother. The setting was fun. Though, I didn't expect a deep look into the characters and world in the first of the series, I wanted more.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »