Start by marking “Sharing our Horizon: A Journey Through the Scottish Highlands with Two Adopted Whippets” as Want to Read:

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The poems and photographs capture daily moments in the lives of two adopted whippets, Eivor and Pearl, who love spending time in nature. They walk in forests and glens, climb mountains and run along quiet beaches in the Scottish Highlands and on the Moray coast.
Published October 5th 2018 by Holistic Linguistics

To ask other readers questions about Sharing our Horizon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sharing our Horizon

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Sharing our Horizon: A Journey Through the Scottish Highlands with Two Adopted Whippets
Anna Rashbrook
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love dogs, especially whippets, haiku poetry and are a keen photographer, this book will blow you away, it did me! Beautifully presented, the pictures are stunning, and there are the dogs, what more could you want!
Cathy Ryan
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy the poetry, prose and photographs to be found on Xenia’s blog, Whippet Wisdom, very much. Xenia has put together a wonderful selection of her work in her debut release, Sharing Our Horizon.

If you’re a dog and/or nature lover this could be a book for you or a lovely gift for someone you know, and at the same time you’d be helping rescue centres care for and rehome abandoned and abused animals, with 60% of the proceeds going to animal charities. Inside Sharing Our Horizons there are a coll
Suzette Benjamin
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Xenia Tran

I give this book five stars. Here are my thoughts.
With excellent photography the author illustrates delightful poetry of the highlands, of rivers and beaches along with the two alert and lovable whippets. This is the kind of poetry one enjoys with a cup of one's favorite tea or coffee any time of day or night.

It is more a journey that comes alive in poems. The poems written in haiku, narrative and haibun forms, tell their stories in photos and skillfully crafted words.
Clearly the aut

• Catwoods Volume 1 Stories and Studies of our Feline Companions
  • Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't
  • The Gardener
  • Three Sunsets And Other Poems
  • Delphi Complete Poetical Works of Sara Teasdale (Illustrated) (Delphi Poets Series Book 77)
  • Conscious Luck: Eight Secrets to Intentionally Change Your Fortune
  • 101 Essays That Will Change The Way You Think
  • Managing the Depression Puzzle
Xenia Tran is an artist, linguist and poet who lives in the Scottish Highlands with her husband and two adopted whippets. She writes in Dutch and English and her poetry has appeared on television, in videos, a haiku calendar, online journals, anthologies and magazines. She blogs at https://whippetwisdom.com and https://tranature.com and publishes her collections in aid of good causes.

'Between Heat