Start by marking “The Arcane Ward (Wardens of Issalia #2)” as Want to Read:
The Arcane Ward (Wardens of Issalia #2)

The Arcane Ward

(Wardens of Issalia #2)

An enemy rises, driven by radical beliefs and armed with destructive weapons. The Wardens must respond.

Urgency forces ICON to accelerate the training of their new recruits, for a new Empire has captured the eastern kingdoms and seeks to conquer all of Issalia. Although a raw and untested squad, the Wardens might be the only hope of stopping this imposing threat.

Everson is
Published August 30th 2018 by Fallbrandt Press

To ask other readers questions about The Arcane Ward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Arcane Ward

Start your review of The Arcane Ward (Wardens of Issalia #2)
Jennifer (bunnyreads)
If you enjoyed A Warden’s Purpose you’ll want to read The Arcane Ward, which returns us to the world of Issalia after Quinn and Everson’s recruitment into ICON, the organization that is working to help keep Issalia out of the rule of radicals.

This world is kind of like the first Captain America movie (think Red Skull type of magic enhanced machinery, and Hydra/Shield) meets Agent Cody Banks (teens, action, crushes, and infiltrating enemy territory) in a fantasy world setting. What can I say, it’
Natasha Clark-French
I don't think my words can ever do this series justice. A Warden's Purpose was one of my favorite books of the year but somehow The Arcane Ward is even better. Kohanek's writing transports you to a different world and leaves you with a sense of loss when you can't be between the pages. This isn't the type of book where you read a couple chapters then go about your day; it's the kind of book where you try to read a couple chapters and an hour later you're surprised to find yourself not in a castl ...more
Lejla
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just truly love this.
Can't wait to read next one.
I recommend it to everyone!
Wendy
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set in Kantar “The Arcane Ward", sequel to “Warden’s Purpose” begins with the accelerated training of potential wardens in the service of ICON (the Issalian Clandestine Operative Network) as war looms with the Empire after the capital of Kalimar falls in a surprise attack.
Included among trainees at the magic academy at Fallbrandt are Everson Gulagus who uses his genius to harness a magical power source to augment his new inventions and refurbished older machines; his sister Quinn, a warrior tra
KB
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
This series is getting better and better! I found Quinn to be the main focus. She has been training to become an espion, a spy for ICON. In The Arcane Ward, she is finally able to go on her first mission, in the heart of the Empire!

The characters are constantly growing. Quinn, a hot-headed soldier who would fight first and ask questions later, learns patience and when she should fight, and when she should hold her tongue. Everson makes a few appearances as well. He's still a bit oblivious to th
Jaime
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great book! My favorite characters are back with new adventures, joined by new characters that are also amazing! I’m so glad I found this author and his books.
Tammy
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We are back with Everson and Quinn for part of the book and meet a few new ones for the other part. Cassie and Brandt are twins and have a telepathic connection when makes them valuable to ICON. Add in that they come from very powerful parents and they are the newbies to watch at the Arcane Ward. Lots of action and we even get to travel to some different places. Story was well paced and written so you didn't get confused on who you were reading about. Overall a great addition to the series. ...more
Roger
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Arcane Ward (Wardens of Issalia Book 2) my fourth read from author Jeffrey L. Kohanek was amazing, even better than the first three! Well-written with intricately developed characters you can invest heavily in and the story-line with its intricate twists & surprises as the tension & suspense ratchets up throughout the book’s length. 280 pages but reads longer with the attention to detail written into the book. Next up is An Imperial gambit (Wardens of Issalia Book 3)! (RIP Marley January 20, ...more
Crystal
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The next part in Everson and Quinn's journey. I am still loving these two, but the new additions are great as well. This time around the story starts out with other characters, then you get to see Everson and Quinn interacting with them. The twins, Brandt and Cassie, are mischief makers sent to train as wardens. I can't wait to see where this all leads in the next book. I am sure I won't be able to put that one down either.

Ola Adamska
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2018
This is a really good book 2. With fantastic characters and engaging plot.
We get here new characters - royal siblings with special powers - they were refreshing and added fierce plot moments to the book to the scene.
I will be happy to read book 3 as a universe created by Mr. Kohanek is really intriguing.
Jessica Chillcott
Loved this. I couldn’t put this book done. Loved the twins and Quinn. I can’t wait for the next book to co e out. I am going to back and buy the previous series and the first book to this series. That’s how much I loved the book.
Jackie
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book that has all the old characters and new ones added. It’s impossible to put the book down and once you start you just keep on reading. You feel as if you’re part of the story. Loved it.
LooseBoots
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This is just great. I enjoyed the first book immensely but the sequel is even better. Love the characters and the storyline. Not giving anything away but you won’t be disappointed if you read this. Magic.
Janeandjerry
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arcane Ward (Wardens of Issalia Book 2)

I'm happy to say that this was worth reading and can't wait to read the next book in this series
John Piper
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
Such a great series, I love it! Very captivating, and such a unique world Jeffrey has created. Great characters, writing, dialog, storyline and action! I highly recommend checking it out!
James (ObservantRaven)
The Arcane ward is the sequel to A Warden’s Purpose and the second book in the Warden’s of Issalia series. When I first started reading The Arcane Ward is was intrigued to see how Jeffrey L. Kohanek would progress the story as the ending to A Warden’s Purpose was a very interesting and was left in such a way that there was a lot that could be done with the story.

Upon reading the first chapter I discovered that I was not going to be immediately reunited with Everson and Quinn. Instead we are intr
Michelle
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, scifi-fantasy
Pamela Cunningham
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book of The (Wardens of Issalia book series .

Okay a lot went down in this book and I still don't know if I like the twins I do feel sorry for the circumstances that destroyed all of these young people's lives . But what's bugging me is how I'll can do easily infiltrate all of these important places I mean shouldn't they have some kind of failsafe in place just for spies and assassin's . I mean com on I'll is killing important people left and right and the poor Prince is gonna
Kameron
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(3.5 stars)

Along the pages of The Arcane Ward, readers will witness battles on sea and land, sparring sessions, magic-infused moments, a few comedic instances and much, much more.

Like Jeffrey’s other works, he developed characters that had ample time to display their strengths/skills. In his creations, a reader will be assured that all genders will have their moment in the spotlight.

If you haven’t read anything by Jeffrey yet, I highly recommend giving his stories a chance.

Oh, one last thing:
Fiona Andrew
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must admit to some confusion on starting this book. It seemed to skip from person to person. Once I got past the first four chapters and I’d figured out who was who I found the book enthralling. The twins Cassie and Brandt were born mischief makers and there powers greater than they ever imagined. Being sent to school to train as Wardens is the best thing to happen to them. I found myself caught up with all the different personalities and wondering how they were going to be able to work togeth ...more
Cathy
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too many characters; the story got confusing

I liked this book at the beginning, but then it got confusing with the different pairs of brothers and sisters, cousins, aunts and uncles. Then there were the students and the senior instructors; people going on missions not knowing where they are going and being separated from their classmates. I don't want to read any more of these books. Sorry.
Tera Comer
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being a mother of twins I found Cassie and Brandt rather amusing, their antics keep everyone busy. They are new characters that were not in the first book but fit in perfectly into the story line. Love the characters and the story line, and recommend this series to anyone that wants a good read. I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Sara G.
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This was a good sequel. Quick, fun read. One of my complaints from the first book was the somewhat cardboard characters, and I felt more of a connection to them this time around. I enjoyed Quinn and Everson's development: Quinn becoming a "secret agent" and Everson tinkering around in his laboratory and making all kinds of cool discoveries. There are also some new characters introduced, namely a new set of siblings (twins!) who come to train in the Arcane Ward. Oh, and I have to point out the ov ...more
Shaun Wilkes
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What's life without a little chaos!

I like the wardens and what I've learned about them so far. It's something how hate can spread so far and to do many people in a time when we should be embracing one another, despite out differences.
Florentino Lloyd
Better than the 1st; was hooked in the 1st one and finished it in a little over a week but had to pace myself with this one, The Arcane Ward, since I haven't got anything after this set and want to have something for later. ...more
Mike Reynolds
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story line, well designed characters. A story that flows from beginning to end. Well worth adding to your library.
Leda
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In spite of some minor details it was a great read through and through. I'm certainly looking forward to the next one. ...more
Gene
Mar 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book, it is a little slow
Megan
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I was so excited to get back to Quinn and Everson. The beginning involves introducing a new set of characters, so I was a bit nervous there would be no Quinn or Everson, but they come back. The story framework is more standard in this book than the first in case the interrogation framework was an issue in the first one. The new characters add a lot more depth to the world. It helps to give more history without revealing all of the mysteries that make this series so much ...more
Jean C. Frohock
Sep 16, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Fire Within (Elemental Academy #1)
  • The Wind Rages (Elemental Academy, #4)
  • Forest Dragon (The Dragon Misfits #3)
  • Iron Dragon (The Dragon Misfits #2)
  • Runic Apprentice (Rune Mystic, #1)
  • The Spirit Binds (Elemental Academy, #5)
  • The Shape of Fire (The Elemental Warrior #1)
  • Jewel of the Endless Erg (Mage Errant #2)
  • The Chaos Rises (Elemental Academy, #6)
  • Dread Pirate Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #2)
  • Knightmare Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #1)
  • Wizard's Alley
  • Rune Mystic (Rune Mystic, #3)
  • The Earth Awakens (Elemental Academy, #2)
  • Divergence (The Beginning After The End #7)
  • The Elements Bond (Elemental Academy, #7)
  • The Call of the Sylvana (The Sylvan Chronicles, #2)
  • The Seventh Knight (The Kingshield #1)
Jeffrey L. Kohanek grew up in rural Minnesota, where comic books sparked his young imagination and inspired fantasies of heroes with super-powers saving the day. His tastes later evolved to fantasy epics, featuring unlikely heroes overcoming impossible odds to save worlds born from the writer’s imagination.

Now residing in southern California, Jeff uses that imagination to weave tales of engaging c

Wardens of Issalia (4 books)
  • A Warden's Purpose: A Coming of Age Fantasy Adventure (Wardens of Issalia Book 1)
  • An Imperial Gambit (Wardens of Issalia #3)
  • A Kingdom Under Siege (Wardens of Issalia #4)