Start by marking “Year of the Amphibian” as Want to Read:
Year of the Amphibian

Year of the Amphibian

What is paradise for a fourteen-year-old boy?

For Conrad it’s definitely not dusty Los Angeles, where he’s stuck living with his mother and his cheeky little sisters.

Paradise is the forest where his dad still lives, by the water where everything is beautiful, where he belongs.

But for most of the year it’s out of his reach, just like his other heaven: a certain brown-eyed
Published October 8th 2018 by Wingseed Press

To ask other readers questions about Year of the Amphibian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Year of the Amphibian

Start your review of Year of the Amphibian
Sybil E
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much! It is beautifully written and deeply felt. Although it is a book about teenagers, it's very much written for adults. Set during a one year period, it brings the reader along on a beautiful journey of growth and growing up. I'm a reader, not a review writer so I'll just say the the book really effected me and I was happy to spend my time in it's world. Highly recommend.
oohlalabooks
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Beautifully written story about Conrad, a teenager, who is dealing with a new normal upon his parents’ divorce along with first crush/loves. The author takes us on a coming of age journey. It’s heartfelt and funny. Thank you to the author and Goodreads for an ebook copy. This is my honest review.
Jackie Rogers
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a coming of age read. Really liked it. Conrad has two sisters and divorced parents. The kids live with their mom during school year and with their dad in the summer. Mom lives in La. and dad lives in the country. Really liked the way Conrad treated his sisters and the simple fun they had in the country. You can watch the young Conrad grow up. Thanks to Goodreads.
Checkthebook
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
This book humorously and skillfully relates the struggles of a smart, very artistic teenage boy. Captures Late 1970's/early 1980's LOS ANGELES oh so well! Echoes of a John Green novel are here. I could totally picture this as a hit movie. Anyone whose parents' divorce caused them to lead two different childhoods will understand this book. Likewise anyone who feels stimulated by city life and simultaneously desires to live off-the-grid!!
Ericka Jade
Jan 01, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I received a free digital copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

I stopped after chapter three. I really tried to get into it but I couldn’t. Also, in chapter three, it talked about Conrad, the main character, in his art class drawing nudes. Who does that when they are still in high school?
Cath Morien
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wholeheartedly loved this book! Year of the Amphibian tells a coming of age story about a teenage boy split between a midwestern wilderness and Los Angeles. This is a book that perfectly captures the struggle of the everlasting teenage perception of never truly belonging anywhere and the tickling notion that one’s identity may be the choices that they make.

On a personal note, I am a fickle reader. I either finish a book within hours to a few days or just never finish the book. This one defini
Bri
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story

I enjoyed seeing the world through a 15-year-old boy's perspective, especially with juggling two lives, one with each divorced parent. All in all, I enjoyed this.
Rachelle
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
Year of the Amphibian... a freshman in high school relishes summers he spends in nature at the lake with his younger sisters and his dad, while he despises living with his mom during the school year in Los Angeles. He must choose between the two lifestyles, weighing solitude and his friends and future art career. Very boring, not much happened. Basic summer versus school angst.
Bri
Melanie  Brinkman
Jenny
Jerrilynn Atherton
Oct 24, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Duplicate Kindle Editions Need Merging 3 14 Oct 19, 2018 10:54AM

• The Sisters Who Would Be Queen
  • The Apartment
  • The Starless Sea
  • Trauma Town Dispatch
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • The Other Mrs.
  • Imaginary Friend
  • The Warrior's Bane (War for the Quarterstar Shards, #1)
  • Missing and Presumed Dead
  • Mimi Lee Gets a Clue (A Sassy Cat Mystery #1)
  • The Hollows (Kinship #2)
  • Oasis
  • The German Heiress
  • Rachael Ray 50: Memories and Meals from a Sweet and Savory Life
  • The Unspoken Name
  • The Last Bathing Beauty
  • A Vial Upon the Sun
  • Makeup Tips from Auschwitz. How Vanity Saved My Mother's Life
Christopher Pickert lives near Seattle, but when he misses home he has also to choose between Wisconsin, California or Thailand. Besides being a programmer, he often finds himself distracted from writing by his abiding love of music and the outdoors and cinema and honey, so currently he is not allowed any more hobbies (especially since his next book is burning a hole in his head).

The novel "Year