Start by marking “The Angel Island (Dark World: The Angel Trials Book 5)” as Want to Read:
The Angel Island (Dark World: The Angel Trials Book 5)

The Angel Island

(Dark World: The Angel Trials #5)

The journey to Avalon is full of trials, and not everyone who ventures there is welcome.

After escaping the bunker where she was held captive by demons, Raven’s finally safe with Noah, the wolf shifter she imprinted upon. And they saved all the other prisoners in the process.

Their next destination? The mythical island of Avalon. There, Raven will enter the Angel Trials so
Published December 31st 2018 by Dreamscape Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Angel Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Angel Island

Carrie
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Angel Island by Michelle Madow is the fifth book of the Dark World: The Angel Trials series. This series is a spin off of Michelle’s Dark World: The Vampire Wish series but I don’t think it’s totally necessary to have read The Vampire Wish series to understand this series since the author does enough explaining for the crossover parts. However, those that do read both series are certainly getting a much deeper look at all of what had happened to lead to this series.

Like the previous series T
Sandee
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raven and Noah finally start the challenges to reach Angel Island. So well written! I couldn't put it down. Interesting characters, intriguing mysteries, romance and fun. An excellent series! I can hardly wait for the next book!
Nicole
WOW ! Michelle never disappoints with her novels. This series has been fantastic from beginning until this novel and I feel like it is still getting started.

Not only did we get to Avalon in this novel (FINALLY), but Jacen and a few other familiar faces returned. I was so incredibly happy to see him back on these pages, and I am waiting (not so patiently for Annika).

What I really enjoyed about this novel was the bro-mance with Thomas and Noah building, it was nice to see their rapport growing wi
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I read ARCs of the other books in this series and the prequel series as well! I've really enjoyed this series, so I was excited for this book to release! I was expecting this book to release a bit sooner than it did, but I'm really happy that it has now! I received an ARC of it and made it my next read! I also have to be honest and say that I couldn't remember exactly what happened at the end of the last book, so I went back and quickly re-read the last chapter to remind myself! I'm really happy ...more
Adena
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Raven has traversed the country, battled demons, faced countless supernaturals as both allies and adversaries, been kidnapped, been rescued, and fallen in love. But it seems her story is only beginning. Through everything, her goal has been to travel to Avalon, join the Earth Angel's army, and save her mother. It's finally time for her to embark on that journey, but she'll be forced to face her instincts, motivations, fighting style, and fears before she'll be allowed to set foot on the fabled i ...more
Sydney
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So happy to see Raven and Noah's love be so true. The are so cute and sweet that you won't need candy for awhile. Poor Thomas seems so sad without Sage even with the front that he puts on. Raven truly go through a journey in this book with making their way to Avalon. She learns that all her human qualities might be just what she need. And the very last chapter just left me so sad for the situation her mother is in. Happy to see what my love birds can get in on the island in the next book and see ...more
Linda
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Madow is SO imaginative. I love what she creates with these different worlds and characters. HOW does she come up with this stuff?!! Fantastic!

In this book of the series, Raven and Noah head to Avalon but each must face trials on their own to see if they are worthy. Plus, we hear from Raven's mom about what she has been going through this entire time (her powers are stressing me out .... I won't say more to avoid any spoilers!). As always, can't wait for the next in the series!
Amanda Perry
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Damn raven!!! So many beings and She finally got to some trials!!!

I legit flew through this and had so many emotions I couldn’t put words together! Holy crap!!! I’m so happy we finally got to Haven and Avalon in ONE BOOK!!! And we get to see why things are happening between the worlds!

Bring on the next one in the series!!!
Rachel
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Finally Noah and Raven are headed to Avalon, but will the island accept them? There is an interesting approval process, but if the island rejects someone it could set a new set of circumstances into motion. We also get a look at what is happening and has happened to Raven's mom for the first time. Since Raven's purpose in heading to Avalon is to save her mom it's nice to know what's happening on her side of things. A great continuation of the story.
Jacinta
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every single book in this series is more exciting than the next. I flew through this book now I'm sad it's finished and I have to wait to see what happens. Raven and Noah finally get to Avalon and have to get through a test before they can. I loved that. I absolutely can not wait for the next book!
Definitely a must read series.
Zachary Flye
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Protagonist: Much like the earlier installments in this series, Raven takes up most of the chapters in this story. Don't get me wrong, it feels completely organic and while I do love the more ensemble installments, with how the story flowed it made more sense to stick with Raven. As our heroes are now ready to depart for Avalon, they learn the journey isn't as easy as they expected. A majority of this installment is devoted to Raven needing to prove herself worthy of joining those on Avalon. Thi ...more
Jenia
Topsues
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Michelle Madow has managed to keep me captivated by this storyline and it’s characters from the very beginning. Now 5 books later and I’m still left wanting more. It’s great watching Noah and Raven’s love story Continue to grow. The Angel Island has Thomas still on the same crusade as Noah & Raven, However we learn nothing new about Sage’s Fate. We only know Thomas has to get to Avalon and seek a way to hopefully rescue her. We also start to understand why the world of shifters has been turn ...more
Fizza
Shelves: paranormal, fantasy
This journey is so exciting. I absolutely love this series and each book is better than the previous. I can't wait to read the next one!
Raven is on a mission to save her mother. All she knows is that her mother was taken by the demons. Soon she joins shifters and a vampire to hunt down demons and go to Avalon. That's where the Earth Angel is right now and that is where anyone should go if they want to fight against demons. But this journey to Avalon isn't simple nor is it easy. Along the way, th
The Mysterious Reader
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the world created by Michelle Madow for her Dark World: The Angel Trials series (and for the other related Dark World series by this author - though I can verify that you don’t need you have read any other series as I’ve only read a few of those books so far). It’s a nicely put together universe filled with demons and angels, and vampires, witches and (of course) shifters. I love Raven (and Noah, the wolf shifter she imprinted upon). She’s just the kind of string kick-a** heroine I adore ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 5 in The Angel Trials is here and I could have been happier. My baby Sage doesn't appear for a single page and I am getting very worried. I need to know that she is ok. Well, besides that, I loved the book. We had some progress on the original quest and it was good. The pace was good and I was devouring the pages. Five books in and I am still as interested as I was when I began the series. I would have liked some romantic times, but I liked the progress we made and I look forward to the nex ...more
Kathy
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so enjoying this series. Raven, Noah and Jonathan, along with all the others at the bunker, were transported to the Haven. This, as its name implies, is a haven mainly for vampires or those humans waiting to decide what they are going to do. Those wanting to go on to Avalon were taken to a portal where they would idividually be tested to see if Avalon would accept them. Some were accepted and some were not. Meanwhile, we find that Raven's mother is alive and is now a vampire. This was force ...more
Kayla
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I just want to say thank you to Michelle Madow for giving me an ARC of this book to read in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was given, offered, or taken to alter the opinion.

Raven has been through so much up to this point to get to Avalon and she still has a lot to face in the future, but I love that this book really focused on her (finally) getting to Avalon. Once I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down and I had it finished in a few hours! Every time I
Richard Goodrum
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story. The continuing saga of Raven and Noah plus a few others. Wonderful characters. Well drawn out situations and scenes. Making progress: two steps forward, one step back. I look forward to the next installment.

I received a copy of this book as a gift. I am leaving my honest review.

*** Spoiler Alert ***

The need to free the the hairy giant at the edge of the forest seemed overly obvious.

It would have been nice if the examiner had given more information about the four domiciles to choose f
Emma
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I was happy to get back into this world especially as we were getting close to the goal,!

I liked more raven in this one, she has been though a lot and has learnt alot about her self but also the world she finds herself in. It's always nice to know some of the world and watch it from a new set of eyes.

I do like raven and Noah just feels too instant for me to really get behind them and the same with Thomas and sage, maybe if we had more of that background they would seem better.

I did like the test
Caroline Doig
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 5 to the Dark World: The Angels Trials and I absolutely loved this story, in book 4 Raven was being held captive by demons and Noah comes in and saves her plus they release all of the other prisoners as well. Now Raven is on her way to Avalon to be in the Angel Trials but she finds out that the trials are not on the island and to be worthy of stepping foot on the Island and fighting with the angels in the war against the demons she needs to complete the trials. I love this series an ...more
Pauline Anne
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The series continues as Raven, now free from the demons, makes her way to Avalon. Still hoping to rescue her mother. Her journey isn't going to be easy. More magic, magical creatures and quick thinking decisions lie ahead. Her bond with Noah is getting stronger and he remains by her side in this new stage of their adventure.
Gripping as ever with twists and turns. Revelations which anticipate the next installment. Can't wait!!
Fantasy at its best!Suitable for teens upwards.
I received an ARC from t
Michelle Cheung
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Michelle Madow is a truly talented author. I have read the other books in this series and I have read all of her other series as well. this book was amazing! I couldn't put it down. I got in trouble for reading during dinner and during class. I just couldn't stop reading. it was cliff hanger after cliff hanger in every single chapter. A must read for any shadowhunter fans out there. It traps you from the beginning to the end. It leaves you excited for the next book. The storyli ...more
Lori
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our favourite characters are back! Well not all of them, some are still finding their way. Disappointed not to see much of our girl Sage, but I get that this book focuses on entering Avalon. Raven displays real strength in this book by her choices and ability to find another way without resorting to unnecessary violence. That plot twist at the end about Ravens mum really gave some terrifying perspective into just how much danger Raven and Co. are in.
Although we still have a ways to go, there is
Linda Levine
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Raven has been thru so much and this book continues her journey to save her mother and be with her mate. It feels like she is close to her goal but you realize she still faces major obstacles.

I really like Raven and admire her desire to protect others. You get to see how her goodness really does impact her choices and guide her journey.

I am really interested to see how the journey goes in the next book.

I am voluntarily reviewing a copy I received.
Tara Kisner
Ready for more?

I've grown to love the characters so much so when they are triumphant I am just soooo proud and overcome with happiness. There is still so much to this story that I can't imagine it being wrapped up in one more book. I do wish it were longer than 260 pages as well but that's only because I love being in this world so entirely. Amazing how the Angel series has connected the Vampire series. One big group of people that I adore individually!!
Jennifer Whitlock
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a fast read. I finished in a couple hours.

I am so happy raven was able to escape the bunker and help all her friends to escape.

They finally make it to Avalon. For some reason all the time spent talking about the island seemed to just be fake and I kept thinking they would never get there.

In the end ravens mom ends up betraying her daughter and all the people she saved by giving the location of one of the kids that could tell you any location you needed.
Jacqueline Carr
Fabulous book

Can't wait for the next in the series I hate when you have wait months for the next book so I am going to wait until the last one is written. Michelle Madow writes fantastic stories suitable for teenagers thirteen and upwards if advanced in English and maturity there are some mature references in her books but nothing that is not already pertinent to young girls of that age. Her book's are great to read for both teens and mature readers alike.
janie contreras
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark World

I really like reading this series... The characters are good and intriguing. The down side? It's a series that takes months for follow up books to be released and by then I've forgotten what happened in the previous book.
I'm disappointed that we have to wait till spring for the next installment and because of it Ms. Madow, I'm moving on to other reading adventures. Good Luck to Raven, Noah, Thomas and Sage!
Sabrina Wannet
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After book 1 this is really the most amazing book of this series.
Finally we arrive at Avalon the mythological island from arthur's stories.
This book is less action packed but the way it is told is awesome.
Book 5 is not just told by Raven and Noah but also by a few very suprising point of few

This book answers questions like: What happened to skylar (raven's mom) or how are the kingdom of the haven and the vale react to all these gifted humans?
Just read I now you'll love it.

• The Rose and the Briar (Faraway Castle, #3)
  • Obsessed (Lace Underground, #2)
  • Not So Lucky (A Lucky Clover Mystery Romance #1)
  • Wolf Bound (The Alpha Legacy Book One)(A Teen Werewolf Shifter Romance)
  • Song of the Blackbird
  • When Magic Dares (Darkly Fae, #2)
  • Welcome Home, Cowboy (Hero's Welcome, #2)
  • Kisses On A Paper Airplane
  • Confessions of a Failed Environmentalist
  • The Gift of Charms (The Land of Dragor)
  • Chasing Bristol (The Finding Trilogy #2)
  • Tainted by Crazy
  • Brew (Salem's Revenge, #1)
  • V Games: Dead Before Dawn (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #3)
Michelle Madow is a USA Today bestselling author of fast paced fantasy novels that will leave you turning the pages wanting more!

She grew up in Maryland and now lives in Florida. Some of her favorite things are: reading, traveling, pizza, time travel, Broadway musicals, and spending time with friends and family. Someday, she hopes to travel the world for a year on a cruise ship.

Visit her website

Dark World: The Angel Trials (7 books)
  • The Angel Trials (Dark World: The Angel Trials #1)
  • The Angel Hunt (Dark World: The Angel Trials #2)
  • The Angel Trap (Dark World: The Angel Trials #3)
  • The Angel Gift (Dark World: The Angel Trials Book 4)
  • The Angel Secret (Dark World: The Angel Trials Book 6)
  • The Angel Test (Dark World: The Angel Trials Book 7)