Start by marking “Edgar's Worst Sunday” as Want to Read:
Edgar's Worst Sunday

Edgar's Worst Sunday

In life, Edgar Vincent always maintained one great passion—himself. A semi-successful composer, his rock star lifestyle suited him well, and his narcissistic outlook ensured he was a man with few concerns. Callous comments, thoughtless promiscuity, binge drinking, and excess sufficient to shame Caligula were standard Saturday night fare.

Sundays for Edgar had always been a
Published September 4th 2018 by Sands Press

To ask other readers questions about Edgar's Worst Sunday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edgar's Worst Sunday

Start your review of Edgar's Worst Sunday
Joseph
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This brilliant debut takes you on a journey with the deplorable but utterly compelling Edgar. The reason you’re bewitched to read on may be because you’re eagerly awaiting the judgment Edgar so richly deserves. Or maybe, like me, you see parts of yourself stretched to extremes in the character of Edgar, and hope desperately that his ugliness and failings can ultimately be redeemed. I’ve read this book twice now, and both times it’s kept me up at night in introspection and deep philosophical ...more
Lou Sytsma
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Move over Scrooge! Edgar is here to take a seat beside you as a character learning his life was wasted. But Edgar's taken it further and will have to learn this lesson in the afterlife.
T.K. Boomer
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reading “Edgar’s Worst Sunday” gives one a picture of author Brad Oates, scotch in hand, perched precariously on a barstool, with a grin that stretches from there to the pearly gates.Is he living vicariously through his creation? One wonders. Edgar Vincent, the sybaritic anti-hero of “Edgar’s Worst Sunday” is exploring his just reward, one pluckedfrom his own corporal excesses.In this heavenly realm vice in all his favourite forms, is simply offered up. Do it again, eternity seems to say.Do it ...more
Leonard
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We have all probably committed some small transgression for which we may be held accountable some day. Edgar has committed many and it is now time to face the "heavenly" music. As he journeys through the afterlife Edgar reflects on his past existence, his untimely and unexplained demise, and uncertain future. As well as being an excellent read this book may (perhaps) be the author's challenge to us to all to reflect on our actions while we still can.
Elaine Oates
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading 'Edgar's Worst Sunday.' The protagonist, Edgar, was an intriguing character who evoked in me both feelings of compassion and contempt. This novel would be an excellent read for a book club to reflect upon and discuss. Highly recommend.
Ellen Michelle
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book offers an interesting take on the afterlife and what it would really be like if Heaven was simply our greatest fantasy.

I struggled with the rating on this book (why can’t I do half-stars?!) but ultimately decided that although some solid editing would have taken this book to the next level, the author was trying something unique and I have to give credit for a well done effort.

The main character, Edgar Vincent (don’t call him Vincent!), is inherently unlikeable, which makes us wonder
Vzenari
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pretty good book. I'm a bit biased, though, I must admit....
Nathan Andren
Sep 16, 2019
Brad Oates
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: by-brad-oates
Jason Blackstone
Dec 25, 2018
Laini
marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2018
Linda Webber
Nov 10, 2019

• Not On My Watch:  A Bystander's Handbook for the Prevention of Sexual Violence
  • Second Hand
Brad OH Inc. is the official website and blog of Brad Oates, author of ‘Edgar’s Worst Sunday’.

Brad is based out of Edmonton, AB., and holds a degree in psychology, with a philosophy minor. Brad OH Inc. features short stories, various posts on meaning, metaphor and reality, and is a platform to share publication updates.

It is the goal of everyone at Brad OH Inc. to entertain and enlighten any who