Start by marking “Silhouette” as Want to Read:
Silhouette

Silhouette

Dr. Molly Fawn’s life is surprisingly normal, considering that she spends her days running support for a man who can fly and lift city buses with one hand. But when Molly interrupts the Silhouette — the city’s most notorious thief — in a middle of a job, everything gets a bit more exciting.
Suddenly, Molly sees the thief everywhere, and those leather clad curves and wicked
Published October 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Silhouette, please sign up.
Robin Hale Hello! Sorry about the confusion. 'Silhouette' is available from Amazon, Google Play, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, and Apple Books.

This URL should send you …more

This URL should send you to a page with all of the relevant store links: https://books2read.com/u/4Dl5xO

I hope this helps! Let me know if that doesn't work for you.(less)

Start your review of Silhouette
Jem
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If Requiem had been a thief instead of an assassin, she'd be Silhouette. And if I'd read this book in 2018 instead of 2019, it would easily have been my favorite book of the year.

It's the perfect blend of serious and funny, thrills and chills, sweetness and sauciness, with a unique kind of romance that can only be described as "dangerously sexy".

Captain Colossal is Opal City's greatest hero. But behind every superhero is a secret sidekick. Molly Fawn is the Captain's eyes, ears and more importa
Alexis
After reading so many positive reviews I couldn't put off reading this book any longer. It was such a fun and unexpectedly lighthearted read. Despite one of the main characters being a thief and the amount of action scenes, there was very little angst to be found.

Even though the story is pretty straightforward and at times predictable, the book still remained a real page turner. This was mostly because the main characters had such great chemistry, I couldn't wait for the next moment when Silhou
Joc
This is a great read. I love the twist on a theme making the superhero the secondary character and the 'girl Friday' the brains behind him. Dr Molly Fawn is brilliant, quick-witted and also Captain Colossal's girl Friday. She guides his missions, prepares his missions and does his paperwork. A chance meeting with Silhouette, the notorious and beautiful thief, has Molly intrigued and definitely up for the challenge of finding out more about her. But something bigger is at play in Opal City.

I thor
Carrie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Second read

Still incredibly good. And I just noticed this author released another book at the end of June! So exciting!

I can't think of a single thing I didn't like. This may be the most entertaining book that I have read so far this year. Thanks to everyone else for reading it before me and singing its praises!

I didn't even read the blurb for this before I started reading. So imagine my surprise when it throws you right into the thick of things with humans that have special powers. I never thou
lov2laf
Well that was fun and totally worth the price of admission!

"Silhouette" struck the perfect balance of super hero adventure and crackling with chemistry romance. Rather than a read, this more played like a movie and I couldn't help thinking this would make a great summer blockbuster.

Robin Hale managed to pull of a feat that Hollywood struggles with: a super hero tale that stars women, is actually enjoyable, and would make me cheer at the screen. This has a twist, however, in that the story revol
Corrie
Silhouette by Robin Hale was an utterly delightful read. Fun, adventure, super heroes, super villains, a nerdy side-kick, abductions, spectacular rescues, the hottest panty-melting sexy times, buckets of chemistry, a great plot that never falters. It really gave me so much more than I expected. Talk about a smashing debut novel!

When you read the last part of the author’s blurb you get all the incentive you need to buy the book. I mean

“Silhouette is a standalone F/F romance set in a fictional Mi
Bethany
I know that most of you have already read this, so I'll (try to) keep my review short and sweet! Quit cheering about that!

I thought that Hale maybe could have set up the world building a little better from the outset of this one before jumping straight into an action scene, but that's a personal gripe. I think if I had read the blurb first, it would have been fine, but still... I didn't read the blurb, and wasn't expecting humans with superpowers, so that was a tad confusing. I'm also totally co
hubsie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
All the other reviewers have said basically everything I want to say! This was a fun read, I loved suspending all reality and becoming engrossed in the comic-book style world of Opal City. While I wouldn't necessarily agree that it's on the same level as "Requiem" as some reviewers have suggested, as that book has much deeper emotions, darkness and grit, "Silhouette" has a similar female "villain" who is suave, deft, cat-like in her prowess (Me-ooowwwww) but who really has a heart of gold waitin ...more
Farah
This book is worth the hype, it's the type of book that you'll read some/most of the lines out loud, chortling unashamedly and even showed the person next to you, at what you were laughing at (I doubt that the scene between two women made her changed her seat, it was probably because the way I was mentally unwrapping her sandwich) Jem's review, IMO was the one that sparked off almost everyone's interest, so thank you Jem:D and Corrie wrote a great eview too.

Several things came to mind when I re
Marilyn
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was very unusual, well-written and fun to read. I even learned a new word, which I always love.
Lexxi Kitty
Another great fun book by this author. This time the author explores the superhero realm, while visiting the Fantasy realm in her other book. Superhero prose can be, of course, also fantasy, but this book here is the science fiction end of the spectrum (what with power suits and scientifically created serums to create powers).

The book alternated between two characters, one a master thief modeled on Catwoman (and not just because of the purring, mention of cat tails, claws, fur (other than the pu
Heath
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. I don’t think I can add anything that other reviewers haven’t already said. It’s great, probably my favorite book that I’ve read so far this year.
Skye Kilaen
Fun superhero-ish F/F romance? Yes, thanks! When you're a genius scientist with a secret life supporting the city's greatest superhero, you are NOT supposed to fall in love with the city's greatest thief. Dr. Molly Fawn (yay, a bi gal!) seems to have done just that, though. The Silhouette interrupted Molly during a heist, while Molly was on the opposite team helping Captain Commando, and the thief was just... so... pretty...

Lana, better known as her sexy criminal alter ego The Silhouette, never
K. Aten
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up - A fun villain/sidekick romance

Silhouette by Robin Hale isn’t a typical superhero book. It's written in first person and that alternates every other chapter between the main characters. Dr. Molly Fawn, and the Silhouette aka Lana Blake. The pacing was good and the writing style helped me get inside each characters head a little bit better.

Dr. Molly Fawn is an underappreciated sidekick to the local hero, Captain Colossal. When not fighting crime, they work together at the Opal Cit
F.
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Underneath the surface of this Supervillain (not evil) meets genius scientist working for superhero... lies one of the most precious, old-fashioned (in a good way) romances I have read in aaaaages. Supervillain Silhouette (Lana) and Molly (it’s Dr) Fawn meet and sparks fly. The way they woo each other and the dance of their courtship is so familiar and yet so outlandishly OTT that it brings a delicious humour to the story. The main arc outside the romance sees a threat to the city that requires ...more
Paradise Lost
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f
I loved this. It was super fun. The pacing was spot on, the writing was slick, the leads were both super likeable. Silhouette was - honestly the words that come to mind are ones I've already repeated - fun, slick, and suave. There's not one "feel-bad" moment - it left me felling lighter than I've felt in days

Aamina
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Farah for her thoughtful rec! I really enjoyed this book by Robin Hale more than the previous one.
The book was adorable all around and with bits of intrigue in between. Silhouette actually knocked it out of the park with her hidden romantic side and how cute was our dear Dr. Fawn.The instant spark between them didn't feel at all forced or something like a plot device. Although more facetime with the nefarious evil mind and a better clarity on the psych behind it would have been cool.
Pam Holzner
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, comics
We begin in the comic book world of Opal City (I read Gotham City but I'm no Batman expert so don't be mad if I got it wrong). Doctor Molly Fawn is brilliant at a computer terminal and in the lab. She's the operations handler for the brawn-heavy but brain-light Captain Colossal and he's a super hero who fights crime. Molly starts with a bit of a crush on Kevin (aka Colossal) but she's also recovering from a broken heart and shattered confidence from her last girlfriend, Jenna. Fans of bi charact ...more
Kathryn
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kathryn by: Listopia: True Femme/Femme Romance
Great action/adventure. Loved the vulnerability of both characters.

Dr. Molly Fawn is a scientist in fictional Opal City. Silhouette (aka Lana) is the cities "most notorious thief". Interesting premise. Can a bad girl thief and a good girl scientist/crime fighter actually find love together?
Best Lesfic Reviews
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Madly romantic and wildly fun, this is an extremely well written enjoyable romp into fantasy with romance jumping out of the pages.

Lisa R. Smith
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read.

I highly recommend this book.

A master thief falls for the handler of the cities heroic crime fighter. Not awkward at all! An intriguing read in the style of the Arrow and the first action romance by author Robin Hale. The story captured my attention from the beginning and kept it until the end, hard to do to a jaded lesfic reader like me. Well done Ms. Hale, well done indeed
Summer Munger
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best Of 2018

I loved, loved, LOVED every second of reading this book. The pacing was spot on, the romance was achingly delicious and the WIT!!! I can’t say enough about how much of a pleasure it was to read something that made me laugh but settled me into a world where I soon grew to expect the pitch perfect humor. I cannot wait to read more from Ms. Hale. What a bright, shining, fantastic new writer for the genre!
Emmy
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
XR
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Jeh
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.75 stars. Wow. This book was so much more than I was expecting — if you enjoyed The Superheroine Collection from Ylva or The Lily and the Crown, you will really like this as well. The author’s writing style is excellent as it switches between the POVs. I also found that the vocabulary was elevated in a really pleasing way compared to other books. As it went on, I continued to be pleasantly surprise but little tidbits of the story — e.g. the mention of an “arterial pinch” was a nice nod to XWP. ...more
Caitlin
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my first Robin Hale book but it will most definitely will not be my last. I really enjoyed this read! I liked Molly and Lana. Their competition/need to impress was fun and entertaining, as was their "dates". I would totally read more of these two characters!
Gooner Lawrence
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Good read
Solo
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful characters. Amazing chemistry. Fast-paced plot. Quirky descriptions. Solid writing. Made me smile. Made me tear up. Made me care. Adored it. Absolutely recommend.
Aurélie Bourgine
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That was a fun one!

If that's the debut novel of this author, I want more like it. It was fun, interesting, steamy,.... I really liked the characters and the way the story was written. You want to have a good time with a good book? Go for it!
CLAR
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Even if the MCs connected via instant attraction, this was a nice slow-burn romance. The premise was interesting since the focus was on the hero's sidekick and his arch-nemesis. The plot wasn't deep nor complex, it was just good enough.

What's weird was that the superhero turned out to be a bland character. He was even a jerk at some point, and I wish there was a small part where Molly was able to put him in his place for taking advantage of her silly crush and kindness.

For the most part, the sto

• Listen
  • Chasing Stars
  • A Wish Upon a Star
  • Then & Now
  • Back to September
Robin Hale is an independent author of sapphic romance.
She's never met a classic that couldn't be improved with a lesfic retelling and sincerely believes that every woman deserves to fall passionately in love.
When not writing, you can find her lurking in coffeeshops, planning elaborate costumes, and trying to turn every game she plays into a dating sim.