Start by marking “The Kennedy Heirs: John, Caroline, and the New Generation - A Legacy of Triumph and Tragedy” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Kennedy Heirs: Joh...

J. Randy Taraborrelli

From New York Times bestselling author J. Randy Taraborrelli comes The Kennedy Heirs, his most revealing Kennedy book yet.

A unique burden was inherited by the children of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and his celebrated siblings, Senators Robert and Ted Kennedy. Raised in a world of enormous privilege against the backdrop of American history, this third generation of K
Published June 11th 2019 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about The Kennedy Heirs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kennedy Heirs

Jill Meyer
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Randy Taraborelli is a good, not a great writer. He's no Leo Tolstoy, but then he's writing about a uniquely unhappy family, the Kennedys. His newest book, "Kennedy Heirs: John, Caroline, and the New Generation - A Legacy of Triumph and Tragedy", has a too long-title but is actually an entertaining book. The "kids" he's looking at are the kids of Joe and Rose Kennedy's children; "kids" who are now in the their 50's and 60's. He also looks at their kids; the fourth generation from the top.

I doubt
Tracy Green
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Engaging and Inciteful

I really love this author. He writes about America's first family with respect, honesty and a bit of awe. His research is so thorough and detailed you feel as though you know his subjects personally. Reading of the third and fourth generation's triumphs, missteps and tragedies in one book is a bit overwhelming. The privilege , entitlement and a responsibility these family members were born with is a heavy burden most of us can be glad we have never had to bear. Some of them
Susan
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. I've probably read just above every book ever written on the Kennedys and really enjoyed learning about this generation. They've had their issues, as most everyone does, but I find them fascinating. The one thing I didn't like was that the book seemed to end abruptly, almost in mid-story.
Bookreporter.com Biography & Memoir
Bestselling Kennedy chronicler (JACKIE, ETHEL, JOAN: Women of Camelot; AFTER CAMELOT: A Personal History of the Kennedy Family) J. Randy Taraborrelli has created yet another solid offering focusing on the famous Kennedy family. No matter what Americans think about this remarkable political clan, most of us do think of them --- either in memory of their notable tragedies, in surprise at their foibles, or in hope of seeing their name rise again in positive ways on the national scene.

It’s not an ea
natalie
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I hate to not give this book a good review, but it has way way way too much description. It has a lot of interesting information and I love to read about the Kennedy dynasty as it was back in the day and to the present; however, 547 pages of small print was very hard on these 78 year old eyes. I just think the same information could have been given in a shorter book.
Pat Lampe
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a most interesting look at the Kennedy family, especially gen 3. Although they presented a united front, there was a hierarchy and jealousies just like any big group of people. This highlighted the better known Kennedy men and women. Lots of privilege and pain and money. I enjoyed this book.
Janet
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Much we know - some we don't. The children, grandchildren and great grands of Ethel - the last remaining "elder" - and the rest of Joe and Rose's children. Blessed ... and cursed. Some fared better than others. We all have choices. They don't always make the best.
Nancy Vachon
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very in depth book, with information I haven't read before. It was a page turner.
Artemis
Jun 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book is a rehash of “After Camelot” with new gossip tales. A disappointment.
Christine Jasica
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and couldn't stop reading. Deserves more than five stars.
Elaine
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent I love reading about the kennedys

I loved everything about this book. I did not realize how much tragedy in the family. I give this book over5
Robyn Martin
Jun 24, 2019
bookmammal
Jun 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
J. Randy Taraborrelli is an author known for biographies of contemporary entertainers and political figures. He is a featured writer in several entertainment magazines in Canada, England, and Australia. He also appears on television as an entertainment news reporter on shows such as Entertainment Tonight, Good Morning America, Today and CBS This Morning. Taraborrelli resides in Los Angeles, Califo ...more