Start by marking “Memories of Us” as Want to Read:
Memories of Us

Memories of Us

Once in love now in hate.

Well, Rebeka is in hate, Brenton can't remember a thing about her.
Years after he left her behind, Brenton is back in town. The moment he sees Rebeka at his grandfathers funeral blips of memories flick through reminding him of the woman he once loved. Even though her anger, Brenton knows she's the key to finding the cure he desperately needs.

Rebeka
Published December 10th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Memories of Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memories of Us

Start your review of Memories of Us
Bookworm Extraordinaire

3.5 Stars

Hmmm...so this turned out to be a bit of a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I just adore this author's writing, and this one was no different in that regard. It was also very well paced. The plot was engaging and certainly had me turning the pages. The sex scenes were suitably hot. It was somewhat angsty, but nothing too bad. There was no OW or OM drama (apart from a blip right at the start). It had a couple of interesting secondary characters (although I had a bit of a love-hate relatio
Caroline
4,5 stars

okay, I am normally not the biggest fan of second chance romances. And when I started this one, it was looking like a book filled with drama and too many secrets. So I sat there and actually thought this is gonna be a long book because it is so rare an author can write a book filled with all that and not make me annoyed at the characters at making everything harder than it needs to be. BUT not this book! After I got to know Brenton and Rebeka I started slowly to fall in love with them.
Avidez Literaria
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Your past does not define you. My past sure as hell doesn't define me. It molded us, yes, but it's not who we are now.”

To the others, he was just an addicted playboy. For her, he was her best friend, her first love, her everything. Until a car accident changes the course of their lives.

At age 21, Brenton Graves is addicted to drugs and alcohol. One day, he woke up in a hospital room, not remembering how he got there, and then he is sent straight to the rehab.

Today, he is a military with a probl
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
An emotional second chance…

It’s all about timing and Brenton and Rebeka, ‘B’ and ‘Beks’, are given a second chance to make things right. B is suffering from health problems. Problems, he feels his past could unlock and resolve. He’s going home to bury, or uncover his past, whichever will hand him the keys to his future… Beks is home too, back in the middle of complicated family. She doesn’t want to be there but grabs the opportunity for closure with both hands. They were once devoted lovers but
Shahla's World
Be prepared! It’s a rollercoaster of emotions!

I had so many mixed emotions throughout this book. Both characters had to deal with some pretty crappy times.

I'm a sucker for second chance romance so I knew it was a winner for me.

FULL REVIEW: https://shahlas-world.blogspot.com/20...
M
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this sexy, intense little thrill ride. Small town - check. Second chance romance - check. Hot military man - check. Sexy, sassy heroine - check. Oh and did I mention this is all wrapped in a suspense filled package?? So good!
Amanda
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Memories of Us by Kennedy L. Mitchell is a small town, memory loss, second chance romance.

Brenton left his hometown 13 years ago and turned his life around, got sober and joined the army. When he starts experiencing black outs, he thinks they might be connected to the missing gaps in his memory. When he returns home for his grandfathers funeral and locks eyes with Rebeka he knows whatever he can't remember must be important.

Rebeka is finally ready t
G (heartbooked)
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The BEST ‘Memory Loss’ story I’ve ever read. This book pulled me out of a reading funk I was sliding into lately!

So Brenton & Beka’s story is a MUST READ! A romance filled with sadness, laughter, bossiness, blunt unapologetic sexiness, sass, threats to whipping and kicking ass, heartbreaking reveals, redemption, forgiveness and making up for lost times. Lots of making up!

One of the most compelling stories told with a lot of great humour, sass, maturity and lots of fun! I love that Beka was real
Lisa Wheeler
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, arc

**Received an advanced reader copy**

Kennedy L. Mitchell does it again!
Holy goodness! Where to begin?! This small town second chance romance is beyond steamy!
Be prepared! It’s a rollercoaster of emotions!
There’s so many highs and lows and it flows together perfectly. From hurt and anger, to love and laughter.
It’s one book I wish didn’t have to end.
It’s a must read for anyone who loves second chance romances!
Kennedy Mitchell
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a quick, steamy read that will pull at your heart strings for these two beautiful broken characters with each chapter. If you love a small town, second chance romance than this is the book for you.
Reading Cafe
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Memories of Us is such an intense, heartwarming, heart wrenching and loving story! There were so many twist and turns in this book that I kind of saw coming but reading it and experiencing it was something else. The love and chemistry between Rebeka and Brenton is out of this world! You can feel how they feel even when they don’t say the words or when they act out towards each other.
This book will be out December 10th and I would recommend you all do yourself a favor and PRE-ORDER IT NOW🥳🥰
Trilina
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Received an advanced copy*

“Wow!”, “Awww” and “Yaaasss” were said that a lot while I read this book. It’s a beautiful sexy love story that grabbed my heartstrings and didn’t let go! Kennedy Mitchell knocks it out of the park with this book. Brenton and Rebeka will not disappoint!
Erin
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely second chance romance

What a beautifully written story about 2 broken souls who find their way back together again.

Both characters with their own hardship make it work. Kennedy this book was everything.

I cried, laughed and cried again. Keep writing wonderful books like this.
Yoneidis
Brenton and Rebeka know each other when they are 18 and 15 respectively. Her father works for his father and they are joined by their bad relationships with their abusive parents. Friendship soon becomes love, but Brenton’s addictions end up being a problem for the couple. One night they have a terrible car accident, Brenton was driving high and soon after Brenton disappears.
13 years later, Brenton returns home to attend his grandfather’s funeral and Beks takes the opportunity to confront him an
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a rush!
Rebeka & Brenton all i have to say is I NEEDED MORE, i wanted to know more..i need to know about...well i can't say but hehe i really needed more of them. Besides loving of the heroine name, i loved her period! Down to earth, broken, sassy and in love with love. After the tragic incident back when both were very very young, it left Brenton in a state of "not remembering" due to black outs, medical reasons. This storry will have you question love but also believe in it again. There w
Miranda Knight
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: second-chance
A heartbreaking second chance romance that pulls all the heart strings. This is one of the few books, I've cried while reading. It doesn't help that my grandparents had a farm growing up so many of my own memories intermingled with this story and characters. It is a must read!

Brenton Graves left his grandfather's ranch right after high school for college. Both he and his brother, Caleb attended school in Dallas--six hours away from the ranch. It also placed both boys closer to their alcoholic fa
Rebecca Austin
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-companies
Brenton Graves has cleaned up his life since he was sent to rehab 13 years ago. Now with the death of his grandpa he has returned home to the ranch after being in the military.

Rebeka Harding is not happy with the return of Brenton and how he can't seem to remember anything that happened between them 13 years ago. Her father wants her to stay as far away from Brenton as she can yet she feels drawn to him, even after events of the past.

When Brenton realizes he has no memory of events of the past
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: proofread
I absolutely devoured this book! Kennedy L. Mitchell knows how to write contemporary romance with twists and turns that will keep you glued to the pages. This second chance romance was emotional and suspenseful as a forgotten past is remembered. I fell hard for Brenton - the broken and arrogant millionaire who ran away to join the army and left his family ranch; and I loved Rebekah - the broken-hearted, sassy Texan vet who has not let go of their past. These two together were HOT, HOT, HOT...the ...more
TheBookBoutique Brittany_Elizabeth_Sarah
This was my first Kennedy Mitchell book and I was extremely pleased with how it turned out! I also loved the idea of it as soon as I saw the blurb and thought the amnesia aspect was going to be quite the ride. I was not wrong about that either!

This book went through all the emotions- I loved getting the full back story and I loved how it was given to the readers in little pieces, so that we got a little glimpse at a time and then could speculate which way it was going to go. Then we got to be co
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Memories of Us by Kennedy L. Mitchell
“Second chances, 5 stars”

Rebeka’s life hasn’t been the same since the car accident years ago. The life she thought was ahead of her changed and its about to change again. Will she listen to what Brenton has to say or will she shut him down before he even gets a chance? There is one thing Rebeka has learned is that nothing goes according to plan.
Brenton once lived a life on the reckless side, but times have changed and he’s always in control. Or so he thinks.
Stacy Ross
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of Memories of us by Kennedy L Mitchel. It’s a story of a couple from different class levels. He comes from the wealthy family, she’s the daughter of the hired help. They fell in love when they were young but were separated by their family after an accident. Fast forward 13 years to present day when he, Brenton, is back in town after the death of his grandfather and Rebeka shows up at the funeral in hopes of finally getting closure.

I was attached to this book from the moment
Kari Hansen
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rebeka and Brenton were young and in love. Even though they came from very different lifestyles the planned a future together until an accident sent them on different courses that they have never recovered from.

Thirteen years later Brenton is back in town for his grandfather’s funeral. Rebeka is looking for closure from that terrible day and Brenton is hoping to regain the memories that he lost. They are both damaged by the past will this finally be their chance to heal?

These characters will dra
Kali McQuillen
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read, 2018-arc
Brenton and Rebeka fell in love but were torn apart years ago. When they see each other after so many years apart, so many unasked questions, so many things that needed to be answered can't be by Brenton because he doesn't remember. He feels peace around her and he doesn't have a lot of that in his personal life.

With him and Rebeka getting to know each other again, the memories start coming back. Is he going to like what he remembers? What's he going to do with the information that he didn't rem
Kristin Rosenbaum
It didn’t take long to get sucked into Brenton and Rebeka’s story. I love B’s arrogant personality and Beks’ feisty spirit. Watching them navigate through Brenton’s memory loss and Rebeka’s past heartbreak had me on the edge of my seat to see if they would find their way back to one another. Well written love story with plenty of sexy romance as well! Do yourself a favor and pre-order for the December 10th release!
LaToya (Readingbythebayou)
Loved Beks and Brenton! My first KLM book and I fell in love with her writing style. Relatable characters with a lot to overcome to get their HEA. Filled with secrets, great characters, and an amazing love story this book will give you all the feels. Will they be able to unlock the secrets of the past to move forward in their relationship? You have to read and find out!
Linda Landers
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Memories?

What a fantastic book! It was nonstop reading. I wanted to yell at everyone to tell them to stop being so stupid. The fathers were not dads. They were more monsters. They didn’t deserve to be fathers. The book had heart.
Crystal
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was everything the things that Rebeka and Brenton experienced were so heartbreaking this book was an emotional rollercoaster but I loved every second of it
Diane
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*4.5 stars*
Kristin Scearce
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tammy
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A second chance romance that was quite a thrill ride, secrets and their pasts. really good
Goodreads Librari...: Delete Temporary Book Cover 3 12 Oct 31, 2018 09:01AM

• Love at First Sight (Southern Bride, #1)
  • Breaker
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • Cocky Suit (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Trusting Skylar (Silverstone #1)
  • Ache
  • That Swoony Feeling (Getting Lucky, #4)
  • Death Game (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #3)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Micaela's Big Bad
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Until Blaze (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Game Changer (Change of Hearts, #1)
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Forgiving Keven
  • Focused (Ward Sisters, #1)
  • The One for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #3)
Kennedy lives in Dallas, TX with her husband, 8-year-old son, and two Goldendoodles. A bookworm at heart Kennedy loves to snuggle up in bed, or by the campfire, with an​ unputdownable book. Her novels are stuffed full of humorous banter, the edge of your seat suspense, and enough steam for a great facial. If you like your heroines strong yet vulnerable and sexy, tattooed heroes who can't keep thei ...more