Start by marking “Borrowing Christmas (Borrowing Amor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Borrowing Christmas (Borrowing Amor, #1)

Borrowing Christmas

(Borrowing Amor #1)

Love is a nuisance when all you want is to disappear.

Two weeks before Christmas, Katie is kicked out of her apartment. Again. Rather than wander the streets and continue to work for a dirty cop, she decides to leave the city and disappear for good. But her car breaks down in a New Mexico town, and everything is threatened when she falls for the charming mayor.

Sam Freedman
Published October 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Borrowing Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borrowing Christmas

Start your review of Borrowing Christmas (Borrowing Amor, #1)
Maureen Moyes
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was honoured to read this book prior to publication following a request from the author, Kat Bellemore. Borrowing Christmas is a beautiful clean romance set in a small town in New Mexico.

The author has penned a short heart-warming and uplifting tale which gets right to the heart of the story quickly and you can feel yourself simply whipped up and taken on a winter wonderland tale of love and romance.

Brilliant book which I read in an afternoon – on the sofa with a few cups of tea and a nice
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.75 to 4 Stars...

Borrowing Christmas is the first book to come in the Borrowing Amor series by new author Kat Bellemore. While I'm not sure what trope the rest of the books will be, this one is a Christmas romance. Amor is a small New Mexico town. This town was charming with lovely characters. Makes me wonder who will get a story next.

Sam and Katie.....
Sam is the mayor of Amor. After the previous major died in an accident, Sam felt it was his moral duty to run for the position. It was, in fact,
Coco.V
Jan 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (1/4/2019)!

Blurb:
Love is a nuisance when all you want is to disappear.

Sam Freedman is the first bachelor mayor of Amor. After convincing the locals that having a mayor
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this book. It was a nice Holiday read. Katie has a troubled life and she decides to run. She ends up in a small town where she meets and falls for Sam. Thankfully she was given a chance to have happy life. She deserved it.
Gmr
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Katie and Sam. Sam and Katie. Though they couldn't have been further apart, once together...you couldn't imagine them anywhere else.

Katie had a bit of bad luck growing up...okay, A LOT of bad luck, and landed herself in some sticky situations. Problem was a bad cop was pulling the strings and that made breaking free way harder than it should have been. She takes it upon herself to try YET AGAIN to cut the strings he's pulling and lands in what could only be described as paradise...at least to
Tracey
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really good Christmas romance.

Katie is on the run from a life that is on a one-way road to ending sooner than later. When she is out of choices, she goes to see her friend Daniel for help. Sam is in a slight pickle as mayor of his small town because his event planner eloped without finishing the towns holiday festival with less than a month to Christmas. After her car is towed to his town, he ends up hiring Katie to finish the festival without even checking into her past. From there, it's a
Sandy
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Katie was homeless not a great thing to happen just before Christmas. What is worse she is now also on the run from a dirty cop. With new ID she is off hoping to stay one step ahead of trouble. Then she meets Sam and trouble kind of found her. Yes, this story occurs during Christmas time, but it is not a Christmas romance it is more a suspense drama with a romantic twist. It is really good. What Katie had to go through, her budding relationship with Sam and the threat of Teddy made this a ...more
Tanya
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She is thrown out again just two weeks before Christmas. This time she will not go to the dirty cop but she will run. She does not get far as her car breaks down. He is the first single mayor and so they watch every move he makes. When she appears he hides her. What will happen? Will life be good for them? See what will happen

Texas
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Borrowing Christmas - This is my first read by this author and I enjoyed the storylines. The characters are interesting, funny and sincere. Many good things happen in this cute, quickly read second chance at starting over and a first for romance. Learning to trust is difficult when coming from a bad background, but buckling down instead of under is most of the battle.

This story is better than I expected. I found this book on Booksprout.co. 4*
Jeanne Richardson
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and I’m voluntarily leaving a review.

This is 1st book I’ve read written by Kat Bellemore; she has done a great job at writing a good book. I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.
Barbara
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first book in a new series called Borrowing Amor and I want to read the next one. This is a new Author and a book I enjoyed reading. Mayor Sam Freedman and Katie Andersen's story is a feel-good story that I will be reading again. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Brenda Moser
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a well written book with an entertaining story line. The characters are strong and likable and the story is a clean , fun romance. It's a story of starting over , finding love and not giving up. I enjoyed this book.

Beverly Kee
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really cute story!

This was a wonderful story with just a little bit of mystery to it. I loved how Katie saw the real loved behind the homeless people and it all turned out to be perfect!
Mary Anglin
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great, clean, heartwarming romance. I loved how Katie got a second chance and also gave a second chance to the homeless people she met.

Lara
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun and quarky with lots of twists you'll enjoy. Katie and Sam share a connection but her secrets threaten what's developing between them.
Barbara R. Cady
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never lose hope!!

This was a great story about life. Ups, downs, mistakes, redemption. Oh, and let's not forget love! Enjoyable and heartwarming.
poppy
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author and I really liked it. I liked the characters they were likable and real and made me laugh. The storyline was good and it held my interest this is a good cute second chance romance and I cannot wait to try more from this author
Nadea Croix
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was quite engaging read with a great plot that allows the characters all take you along till the finale.knocked out of the ball park that I truly enjoyed

Judy G
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good Second Chance Story

If you enjoy a second chance on life and a clean romance all in one, you will like this book! Sam and Katie are such a cute couple. And so good to the less fortunate people. A really good love story.
Melody
Jan 04, 2019 added it
Great storyline, believable characters. Draws you in. Did not want to put the book down. 1st book I have read by this author and I am hooked!! Looking forward to reading her other books
Mary
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is such a heartwarming story that I really enjoyed! I love Katie and Sam! They are such a good couple. This is a sweet, romantic story that just makes you smile.
Melissa
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Borrowing Christmas was an amazing surprise in my kindle and I couldn't stop reading it.
The characters are amazing and the plot it's well developed.

Barbara
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
A lighted hearted Christmas romance. A fun read.
Bradley E Nolan
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun

Always fun to see the bad guy get what he deserves. Life is always about choices, but we don't always get to make the ones we want.
Brenda C. McAllister
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!!!!

Good story. From an entirely different angle from anything I've ever read. I really enjoyed it. I'm so glad it ended on a happy note
Kathryn Munsell
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice story

The characters are well written and the interaction between them is well written. This is a different story line and is quite good.
Karen
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A pleasant clean holiday romance storyline, it is captivating and heartwarming. An engaging cast of characters. It is written well. I appreciate reading the book.
Susan Carroll
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A little town making a big difference

What an unusual story, with a unique plot and quirky characters, the author crafts a tale of love, change and acceptance. I will be reading more from Kat Bellemore.
Dorothy
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Interesting twist!
Janice Sommer
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Borrowing Christmas! I had a hard time putting it down and finished it in just a couple of days, as each chapter left me wanting to see what happened next. Even though in some ways you knew what would happen, there were alot of fun, creative twists that kept it fresh. I would recommend it for anyone that enjoys a fun romance with a little more depth.

• A Doctor's Promise (Lifeline Air Rescue #1)
  • Colton (Kentucky Green, #1)
  • The Party (Dear Santa Christmas Romances Book 2)
  • Cooper (Cowboys of Ransom Creek #3)
  • Bundle of Love (Long Valley, #4)
  • The Lawman's Apache Moon
  • Blind Date with a Billionaire Professor (Blind Date Disasters Book 2)
  • The Heart Hears: Kansas MacPhersons (MacPherson Brides Book 4)
  • The Castle Mountain Lodge Collection: Books 5-8
  • Stranded on the Beach (Holiday Acres, #1)
  • Heather (Hart Land Book 1)
  • MAC (Sisters by Design #1)
  • A Home for Elizabeth (San Diego Brides Series Book 1)
  • Troy (American Extreme Bull Riders Tour, #5)
  • All of Me (Starlight Hill, #1)
  • The Navy SEAL's Christmas Bride (The Heroes of Chance Creek, #4)
  • In With the Tide (Cape Cod Shore Book 1)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)

Borrowing Amor (2 books)
  • Borrowing Love: A Sweet Second-Chance Romance (Borrowing Amor Book 2)