Start by marking “Gabriel (Stone Warriors, #3)” as Want to Read:
Gabriel (Stone Warriors, #3)

Gabriel

(Stone Warriors #3)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  201 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
It was a time when gods walked the earth, when armies fought not for bits of land, but for the very existence of humanity. On such a battlefield, five formidable warriors stood against an evil greater than any the earth had ever seen. But evil is not an honorable foe. Betrayed by someone they trusted, the warriors were cursed, one by one, tossed into the maelstrom of time, ...more
Published October 30th 2018 by ImaJinn Books (first published October 26th 2018)

Marta Cox
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Wow just so much coming together here that will have fans squealing ! I’ve actually held off writing this review because honestly I’m not sure I can do it justice. Yes this continues the Stone Warriors books but it also incorporates this authors Vampires in America series with a unique crossover that works beautifully. Hold on to your hats fans of Raphael because he’s about to almost ( who am I kidding with almost ?) take centre stage but fear not because Gabriel is definitely no slouch !
I was t
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
5 Vampire Warrior Stars!!

Gabriel is book three in D.B. Reynolds Stone Warriors series and a fantastic addition to this exciting series! I love how DBR incorporated this story with some of my favorite characters from her fantastic Vampires in America series.

Gabriel is one of Nick’s cursed warriors who’s spell has finally been broken just in the nick of time to help Hana escape hired assassins/kidnappers who have already killed her beloved Grandfather. Now to remain safe they must leave Japan a
RachelW (BamaGal)
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Mixed feelings on this one. I felt like Reynolds couldn’t decide if this was going to be a Stone Warriors book or VIA. Started out like the others, Hana breaks Gabriel’s spell, then they go on the run/hiding from Sotiris’ goons, who are after Hana’s special power. The storyline runs in place for awhile. About a third into the book, Hana realizes she knows a powerful vampire who can help them, and they rush off to Malibu and Raphael.

At this point, the book pretty much turns into a VIA crossover.
Karla
5 Stars!

D.B. Reynolds has created another amazing paranormal world in the Stone Warriors series, with kick-ass characters and a plot that just keeps getting better! From beginning to end this was a captivating read with an amazing twist, or rather "turn" that brings the story back to our favorite vampire, Raphael. The author really amped up the "wow" factor in Gabriel and the set up for what's to come has me anxious for Dragan's book, and then the icing on the cake...Nick's!

*ARC provided by pub
 Rosebud
Gabriel Halldor is the third of four warrior brothers cursed and locked to live out his existence in a stone statue casing for millennium while the world moved on. Present day Japan is his most recent abode where he's been secreted in a private garden on the grounds of a prominent Japenese Yakuza kingpin. Gabriel's only interaction has been with him and his granddaughter Hana Himura.

When an assassination attempt is targeted at Hana's family, Gabriel finally is able to escape his stone tomb to a
Leigh
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 4-stars
Gabriel is book 3 in the Stone Warriors series. Like Damian and Kato, Gabriel is another one of Nick's warriors who was cursed and has been trapped in stone. Unlike the first two Gabriel is found by a family who held some magic and could sense something different about the statue. He is then placed in their garden and there is where he will learn about our world. Hanna is part of the family and when she is younger she is shown the warrior whom she eventually falls in love with. I loved this part ...more
Eva Millien
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fierce warrior, Gabriel Halldor is trapped in stone and lying in darkness for thousands of years. Raised to the life of a warrior. Hana Himura is sent to the one guardian courageous enough to protect her from a sorcerer. They can only be saved from slavery by the most powerful vampire on earth. This powerful and gripping romance pulls readers in and refuses to let go as Gabriel, Hana and Raphael take on the evil sorcerer who turned Nick’s men to stone with a curse. The story is brings the two ...more
Rob
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Disappointed

I have read every single book by this author and for once I gave her book less than 5 stars in a review. I didn’t not enjoy the melding of these two books beyond Cyn & Raphael and Nico’s connection. The way Hana reacted towards Nico was weird and childish. Loyalty that these characters are supposed to posses was out the window with Gabriel. I was frustrated and annoyed.
Sonja
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This probably would have been so much more enjoyable if I wasn't so fucking ANGRY at most of it. I absolutely love crossovers and series that mix story lines. Love them. But this? To me, this really wasn't much of a crossover. It started as one and then flipped to the other, and became more of a Vampires in America book instead of the Stone Warriors is should have been. As soon as Hana and Gabriel make it to the U.S. and go to Raphael for help, it completely skipped series lines. It was all abou ...more
Hailee (haibooklovers)
3.5 / 5 for all three books thus far in the series. Dunno exactly why, since I haven’t totally loved other books from this author, but these just sucked me right in!
Book Him Danno
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a reader I am not much for Paranormal Romance books. Every so often I figure why not try something different.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed Gabriel. The author brought two world together that were able to mash into mix of wonder, passion, adventure and romance. Reader will be pulled into the world of Magic, vampires, Japanese mafia, and two enemies that have to work together to fight the darkest of evils.

The story will pull readers in with Hana who is devoted to someone she has never met
Tracie R
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgally
Book 3 in the Stone Warriors series, Gabriel, is a well written, dynamic adventure with fabulous characters and an edge of your seat storyline. I loved everything about this story and look forward to reading many more books by this author. If you haven’t read D.B Reynolds you are truly missing out!!
Keri
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get out of the way Gabriel your blocking my view of Raphael, lol!! This was a great addition to this series and we saw some more plot movement and back story in to the curse Sotoris placed on this group. Gabriel and Hana has great chemistry and I loved that they had history, if you can call it that. You get all you expect out of this authors work here romance, suspense, comedy, fights and steamy moments. If you couldn’t tell from my first line...we get Cyn and Raphael and I’m in loveeeeeee. Anyt ...more
Anne Szlachcic
Gabriel is the 3rd book in the Stone Warriors series by this great writer .
In this one however she manages to incorporate all the best from her Vampires in America Series as well ……… YIPPEE .!

Gabriel's spell is broken by Hana just in time to rescue her from the assassins sent to kill her grandfather
and capture her .
With the assassins on their trail Hana remembers an old friend of her grandfather's in America …………… all the while Gabriel is weakening - why ? True to from the " friend " turns out
Theresa
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third of the warriors and starts in Japan before moving on the Malibu. Generations ago, Hanna’s great-great grandfather, a minor wizard, found Gabriel’s statue inside a volcanic cave. Since then, her family has been protecting it and researching how to remove the curse and free him.

All they know is that it takes a woman’s tears and her begging him to save her. Hanna is that woman, but who she needs to be save from is the nemesis of the Stone Warriors: Sotiris. He has murdered her gr
Dot Salvagin
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
Margaret Atwood on vampires, “You used to know where you stood with them-smelly, evil, undead-but now there are virtuous vampires and disreputable vampires, and sexy vampires and glittery vampires, and none of the old rules about them are true any more.”

That is Raphael’s cue to make an entrance; for he is not smelly (thank goodness), he is not disreputable, and he is definitely not glittery. He is sexy and powerful and totally capable of aiding Hana and Gabriel in their fight against Sotiris. S
Bonnie
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book because of the integral part Raphael and Cyn played in this story. I get all warm and fizzy feeling every time Raphael calls Cyn lubimaya. Raphael has been one of my favorite vampires of all time is a testament to the adage that power is sexy. Raphael is definitely powerful and sexy.

As usual, we leave Nick still trying to destroy Sotiros with a segue into Dragan's story. I am anxious to see who will be Nick's HEA.
Kathleen Kurdziel
I’m somewhat amused as I read the reviews for this book. For every reader who hated that the book was a crossover to VIA there is another who loved it. I fall into the category of loving it. I always thought Raphael was way more interesting, more compelling than Nick. I did feel sorry for Gabriel though, with Raphael in the book it seemed Gabriel ended up playing second fiddle in his own story. 😕
Anita
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG......................I'm loving this series. Thanx to a recommendation from a friend I read the first two and got hooked. Now I'm looking to grab other books.

Gabriel was as alpha as you can get, but with a soft heart. Hana was perfect for him.
Danielle Gypsy Soul
4.5 Stars. This is book #3 in the Stone Warriors series but it's also got a big crossover story from Vampires in America. Thankfully I'm a big fan of VIA so I really enjoyed this book. If you've never read VIA then I'm not sure how much you'd love this book because Raphael and Cyn play a big role.

The beginning of this book is much like the other Stone Warrior books. In this book Gabriel's curse is broken by Hana. Unfortunately, Sortiris is after Hana because she has the magical ability to enhan
Jacquelyn Stanton
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was enthralled. They were right. This is a fast read. The plot continues to be good. You know sometimes in a series, the plot can get stale pretty fast. Loved the action. And again the strong women makes this an exceptional reald.
ALISHA PEGERON
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
4 stars if this were a Cyn and Raphael book, but...

It's not. Gabriel was supposed to be the center character everyone else revolves around and he ended up as an afterthought. Hana seemed to have a bit of an identity crisis because she's looking for a savior one moment then badass the next with Gabriel following her lead. I have zero problems with a strong female character but I need more balance between the two. I loved the plot twist but not thrilled with the instant adoration for Raphael. Also
Linda
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a Story!

I love The Stone Warriors. Miss Reynolds hit another one out of the park with Gabriel. Especially since Raphael and Cyn, along with the other vampires in Malibu were part of the story. I can’t wait for Dragen’s story. Not to mention anxiously waiting for the next Vampire book, I think it’s Lachlan. Keep them coming, cause I love them.
Sharyn Lynes
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well written book!
Dawn Gee
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good continuation of series

I'll just start off saying that Hana needs to make learning her magic a priority real quick. She's spent her whole life ignorant to what she can do and now everyone is in more danger because of it. Gabriel is not what's expected so that surprise was enjoyable to read. There are some sexy scenes. The camaraderie between the groups is what brings the story to life.
Lynn
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

In this third entry for the Stone Warriors series, Urban Gabriel Halldor has spent millennia as a cursed statue. In more modern recent times, he has been ensconced in a Japanese secret garden owned by a powerful Yakuza mobster whose granddaughter has grown up at the feet of this compelling and fierce statue. In this action filled, fast paced story, Hana Himura and her grandfather knew Gabriel is a magically trapped warrior and that one day, he will be set free. After an attack on the Hi
Celeste
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, pnr
Another intriguing, sexy book by Reynolds. As with the others this is best read as a series but can be read as a stand alone and not be clueless. I enjoyed the direction the story went although reading the previous books you get a bit of the deja vu feeling... spell broken, fall in love, sorcerer gets away....
Valerie
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gotta say, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I had my doubts at first but this being the first book I’ve read by this author, I was pleasantly surprised as to how much I enjoyed delving into the supernatural world this author created. Vampires in a book? I’m hooked but vampire warriors with a touch of sorcery mixed in and that is the perfect fantasy/paranormal setting for me.

One thing I just have to mention that I loved is how the author didn’t treat her female character like a damsel in distre
Reverly Kerner
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Favorite Stone Warrior

This was a well thought out story and of course with Cyn & Raphael the juicest. Magic.sorceers & vampires with brotherhood and honor helps the layers keep peeling like an onion. I felt Db really got into the depth A must read You can start from the beginning or read this first and go backwards.
Rosie
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Needs more stars!!!!!!

That's right, this book was soooooooo good, I couldn't put it down. It's one if best yet from either series. I am thrilled beyond anything that she has crossed over both series! Everything about this book was perfection. I've reread Vampires of America before the last book came out. What a joy it was not to have to wait for the next book. Yep, I'm spoiled. I'm really happy with this book. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!! I can't wait for the next book in either series, espec
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Stone Warriors (4 books)
  • Damian (Stone Warriors, #1)
  • Kato (Stone Warriors, #2)
  • Dragan (Stone Warriors, #4)