Start by marking “Iko (Wires and Nerve, #1)” as Want to Read:
Iko (Wires and Nerve, #1)

Iko

(Wires and Nerve #1)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  16,727 ratings  ·  3,382 reviews
Křehké spojenectví Země a Měsíčního království je v ohrožení. Smečky zmutovaných vlčích vojáků, které stvořila královna Levana, se ani po její smrti nevzdaly a stále útočí na vše živé. Prostořeká androidka Iko se proto rozhodne vzít vše do vlastních rukou a dopadnout jejich vůdce. S nelehkým úkolem jí pomáhá pohledný palácový strážce, který brzy přiměje Iko přehodnotit vše ...more
Published November 15th 2018 by Egmont (first published January 31st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Iko, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Sara ♥
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Storm It was clean to me! Language: 2 h-words. Romance: A few kisses. Violence: some fighting. The worst it got was some stabbing and pulling a knife out of…moreIt was clean to me! Language: 2 h-words. Romance: A few kisses. Violence: some fighting. The worst it got was some stabbing and pulling a knife out of a wound with some blood. But overall the blood was pretty minimum. Also, the pictures weren't full color (just blue, black, and white) so the blood wasn't super obvious. If you've read the whole Lunar Chronicles series, I would recommend you give it a shot! If you haven't, it has a TON of spoilers for how the series ends. :)(less)

·  16,727 ratings  ·  3,382 reviews

Emily May
I loved it! It's just a shame that graphic novels are over so quickly and now we must wait a whole year for the sequel.

Wires and Nerve picks up shortly after the end of Winter. It is basically the fifth book in the Lunar Chronicles and does contain spoilers for all previous books - so if you haven't finished the others don't make the mistake of thinking this is a completely separate story. The protagonist here is Iko, the charming and - as you will soon see - badass android that's been with Cind
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
What a cute little graphic novel! I love The Lunar Chronicles! ❤

In this first book we touch base with all of the main characters from the books, some more so than others. I'm sure they will all have major parts in the other books in the series.

In this one Iko is running around taking down some of the wolf pack hybrids that Levana had made during her reign. They were all supposed to come in and get rehabilitated But that didn't really happen.

Also, Kai is off doing stuff and Cinder has some plan
Nat
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I've been waiting for over a year for this graphic novel to come out, so to say that I had high expectations would barely begin to cover it. But I'm glad to say that this volume did not disappoint.

Wires & Nerve follows Iko, the beloved android from the Lunar Chronicles, on a dangerous and romantic new adventure – with a little help from Cinder and the Rampion crew (which had me over the moon excited).

When rogue packs of wolf-hybrid soldiers threaten the tenuous peace alliance between Earth a
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
3 Stars

Overview:

Maaannn I was really hoping I’d love this. I didn’t hate it, but I definitely didn’t love it either.

Still Lunar Chronicles trash tho.

Pros:

I enjoyed the overall plot and seeing what happened once Cinder took the throne! It’s great seeing the changes she makes her struggles with the organization. The interaction with the wolf-operatives felt plausible and different from what we'd previously read.

Iko is just as great as ever. Her loyalty and friendship and such a strong presence
Trina (Between Chapters)
Loved this! Iko was one of my favorite characters from this series so I'm thrilled she's getting her own story. I also loved seeing the whole gang again! If you're wondering exactly where this fits in the story line, it happens after Winter (will completely spoil the ending!) but before the extra epilogue that was included in Stars Above.
April (Aprilius Maximus)

I missed this gang so much <3
P
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, comic
“I misread the romantic tension, Didn't I?”

Wires and Nerve is a story before Stars Above where Cinder plans to abdicate the throne and Iko hunts the rogue wolves on the earth. I got see many characters I missed from the main series in this book, such as Scarlet and Wolf, Captain Thorne and Cress, and Winter and Jacin. I think the story isn't bad at all, of course, it was written by Meyer herself and I could feel the flow of it so well. But the artwork was a major problem foe me since the begi
Carla *Jen7waters*
I'M SO EMOTIONAL RIGHT NOW DONT TOUCH ME

i MEAN GRAPHIC NOVELS BY MARISSA MEYER WITH IKO AS THE MC

AND ALL THE OTHER LUNAR CHRONICLES CHARACTERS TOO
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
I read this in one sitting and loved every second. I hadn't realized how much I was missing these characters. I will definitely be picking up all of the books in this graphic novel series.
Matthew
Raise your hand if you missed all your Lunar Chronicles friends!! *raises hand*

Did I know I needed a graphic novel sequel? I did not. Am I glad there is one? VERY!

This is an excellent followup to the Lunar Chronicles focusing on the loveable android Iko. She was one of the lesser main characters in the original series so it is cool to get her front and center. The writing immediately takes me back to the original story as it perfectly recaptures the feel and the characters. If you loved the Luna
Christina
Edit 07/30/17: I FINALLY READ IT AND OMG I HAVE SOME SERIOUS FEELINGS.

This was definitely a book I was looking forward to. I mean, The Lunar Chronicles are some of my favorite books of ALL TIME! And the characters will always have a special place in my heart. So yeah, I was slightly nervous going into this graphic novel (to say the least). And I am RELIEVED at how wonderful this installment actually was!

Wires and Nerve takes place a short while after Winter, but definitely before the final nove
may ❀
buddy read #4 with the Praggs

I’m writing a read review bc Pragya forced me to do this omg #SoDoneWithHer

There’s just something so GREAT about being able to reenter into the world of your favs.

I’ve been dying to get my hands on this book for 74 years and I now I can FINALLY say that it’s literally the best thing ever.

I MEAN, WE’RE BACK IN THE WORLD OF THE LUNAR CHRONICLES, WHAT MORE COULD I ASK FOR????

description

Just look how fricken adorable and perfect my babies are!!!

Okay, so this is the very
emma
There was, like...never even a question of whether or not I was going to read this book.

I read The Lunar Chronicles way before I became the harsh, bitter, cynical acid raindrop of a reviewer you see before you now, so you may want to take the following statement with a grain or so of salt, but: I really loved that series. I’m too scared to reread the books, because I’m 97% certain they won’t hold up, but I recall them with some degree of fondness. I cited
Stacee
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
This was so much fun. I loved the storyline and the illustrations are perfection.

Iko is exactly the sort of narrator you would expect. I am so happy to get back to these characters {especially Wolf and his tomatoes} and I can't wait to see the next part.

**Huge thanks to Fierce Reads for sending me an early copy**
Maureen
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book for BTAT 2017 is DONE!
I wasn't planning on finishing this in a day but I honestly just wanted to get the "read a book outside" challenge over and done with and now I'm sitting on the floor in front of a fan.
This was so great!! A story I knew I wanted but didn't know how much until I started it. I *love* that Iko is getting a bigger stage and we are also seeing how a lot of events play out before the last story in Stars Above. It's so wonderful to see all my faves again.
I also enjoye
Drew
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize how much I loved Iko until now!

Okay, I'll admit it. The art style weirded me out at first. Coming from someone who's been binge-reading manga series for the past two weeks, I found the cartoon drawings a little odd. But once I read past a few pages, I got used to it and it didn't bother me at all!

Wires and Nerve starts off shortly after the ending of Winter. It reads just like a fifth book to the Lunar Chronicles with pictures. This graphic novel follows Iko, the sassy, fashion-
prag ♻
me, a crying mess: oh look time for another round of me gushing about marissa meyer that nobody asked for!!

“I know I’m not flesh and blood. No nerve endings. No heartbeat. Just a robot with artificial emotions and a disposable body.
I know I’m not really human.
But aces and stars, I wish that I was.

look iko is the best character in the entire series and that's the tea on that meet me in the pits i will fight to death for my favorite blue haired android

“I’m resilient. I’m trustworthy. And I wo
Fables&Wren
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WrensReads Review:

So you remember the ending of The Lunar Chronicles? Well what was Cinder going to do with a bunch of wolve-hybrid-men who want to eat people? Well she wants to help them and get them fused into the community.

But as flesh-hungry beast, they don't always want to listen. Sometimes, they want to stay on earth and have a feast. So who do you call when the Eartheners don't trust the Lunars to come down and get all their puppy-men because they may want to control them with their minds
Zoha
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Geeee! It was too short. I WANT MORE!!!
__________________________

It is my first graphic novel ever!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!
description
ambsreads
THIS REVIEW CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON MY BLOG, CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE (as well as find my affiliate links)

I tried to read Wires & Nerve earlier this year when it first released. Unfortunately, it was difficult on my phone (I had an ebook) and I didn’t get to truly grasp the story. So, when unwrapping the presents my best friend Caitlin got me for Christmas I was so happy to see Wires & Nerve. Honestly, I struggled not to start it immediately. Though, when I did start it I finished it in
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
"She is soon working with a handsome royal guard who forces her to question everything she knows about love, loyalty, and her own humanity. "

I don't read a lot of graphic novels, but I couldn't fathom the idea of not read a story in the Lunar Chronicles world. I had such a fun time reading this book, and I am so glad I decided to pick it up!

The artwork was extremely cute! Some of the characters didn't look like I pictured and some male characters looked almost identical, but I still really lik
Errin
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was so fun! The Lunar Chronicles is such a satisfying series, we have all these amazing characters, a full story arc AND an "after" to the "happily ever after". Cinder is dealing with the pressures that come with taking up the lunar crown including the task of rounding up lunar wolf operatives causing trouble on Earth. She sends Iko to hunt them down. Iko has always been Cinder's fun, spunky sidekick. She has this bubbly personality and loves her friends so much but as much as she tries to ...more
Vicky (the Blowtorch-Wielding OotCDCB™)
The first of 2 graphic novels with IKO as MC...

Omg omg. Ok, super high expectations are never a good thing...

It will feature a certain Lunar guard as well...

It's definitely time to freak out now.
N (they/them)
This book felt like a warm hug after you've had a very long day. It was like a hot chocolate that you would have on a cold winter's day. It was every feeling of comfort and contentedness that I have ever felt all brought together. I loved that we got to revisit the Lunar Chronicles world and I have just realized that I miss the TLC crew soooo much!! I think I'm going to reread those books soon, but we'll see. I loved the fact that now we get to see from the point of view of Iko, who is close to ...more
elizabeth
i just... graphic novel + the lunar chronicles.

EDIT: okay the cover says volume one, i was thinking we'd get a standalone but this...

EDIT: THAT COVER I MEAN, IKO HAS A GUN KIDS THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Joshee Kun (조수아)
These monsters are after my friends, and I will do anything—absolutely anything—to keep them safe. —Iko

After finishing Winter last year, I was so excited when Marissa Meyer said she would be writing this graphic novel as a continuation to The Lunar Chronicles. I am still deeply invested in this series, so I will gladly read anything that would delay the inevitable goodbye.

Even so, I did not give Wires and Nerve five stars simply because there was a part of me that recognized the capitalist inten
Jill
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Dear lord I don't think I ever stopped smiling the entire time I was reading this! Ahhhhh it was so delightful! I had no idea this graphic novel would basically be a sequel to the Lunar Chronicles. I thought Stars Above was the last time I would see these characters but NOPE. They are still their lovable, hilarious, absolutely adorable selves. I think the characters were perfectly represented even though this is in a completely different format than the original series. I was fangirling SO DANG ...more
Marnie  Krüger
Talk about a one-sitting read.

This marvellous combination of our favourite characters of The Lunar Chronicles and comics just made my day!

Told from Iko's perspective it is full of drama, humour and of course romance. With all the characters from the previous book this comic just picked up on the epic adventure where we left them at the end of the series. The transition was pretty successful.

I can't wait for the next one!
Sharon
*melts into a puddle from the cuteness overload*

3 things I love best about Wires and Nerves: Volume 1 (in order):
1) Cress and Thorne! It’s nice to see everyone again, but to me, these 2 are my favorite aspect about this book. My personal favorite couple has always been Scarlet and Wolf, but ughhhh Cress and Thorne are too cute for words in this book. All the scenes with a tiny heart drawn are the best. This book is not even about them, but they stole the show for me~
2) Scarlet and Wolf. I am bia
Jo

What an adorable graphic novel this was!

Apart from the last book in the Lunar Chronicles I loved the series and even though it was YA it never felt like it. And when I heard that the story would continue with Iko, Cinder’s beloved side-kick android, I was so very excited.

As usual life isn’t always smooth-sailing once a war is won and even though Cinder, Kai, Captain Thorne, Cress, Scarlet, Wolf, Jacin, Winter and Iko had managed to destroy the evil Levana and her terrible rein there are s

• The Stone Heart (The Nameless City, #2)
  • The Broken Vow (Spill Zone, #2)
  • Ninja-Rella: A Graphic Novel
  • Mighty Jack (Mighty Jack, #1)
  • The Adventures of John Blake: Mystery of the Ghost Ship
  • One Trick Pony
  • Out of Time (Lumberjanes, Vol. 4)
  • All's Faire in Middle School
  • Sink or Swim (Lumberjanes, Vol. 6)
  • Sanity & Tallulah
  • The Time Museum (Time Museum, #1)
  • Another Castle: Grimoire
  • Delilah Dirk and the King's Shilling (Delilah Dirk, #2)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 7 (Giant Days, #7)
  • The Sand Warrior (5 Worlds, #1)
  • Afar
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 1: Rebels Without Applause
  • Page by Paige
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

Wires and Nerve (2 books)
  • Gone Rogue (Wires and Nerve, #2)
“I misread the romantic tension, didn't I?” 23 likes
“It is a beautiful irony that the great queen we've ever had is the first to take off her crown.” 12 likes