Start by marking “Justified / It's All About That Cowboy (Loveless, Texas #1)” as Want to Read:
Justified / It's All About That Cowboy (Loveless, Texas #1)

Justified / It's All About That Cowboy

(Loveless, Texas #1)

The New York Times bestselling author of the Marked Men series delivers a romance about a rugged Texas sheriff who must protect the woman who was once his sworn enemy...

Case Lawton comes from a family of criminals. So as the sheriff of Loveless, Texas, he's determined to do everything by the book--until he's called to Aspen Barlow's office after a so-called break-in. The l
Published June 25th 2019 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Justified / It's All About That Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justified / It's All About That Cowboy

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
She was the last woman I should have my hands on, but she was the only one who could make me lose all sense of reality.

I love a good enemies to lovers romance, and boy did this book bring it. I will admit, it's been a hot minute since I've read a Jay Crownover book and I'm not even sure why. I forgot just how much I missed her writing until I dove into this one. Having said that, while there's some carryover from her other series, I had no problems diving right in.

This starts out with
Carrie
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Justified by Jay Crownover is the first full length novel in the contemporary romance Loveless, Texas series. The series opened with Unbroken, a prequel novella, which featured different characters so each could be read and understood as a standalone if choosing to do so although there will be mentions of previous characters. Justified is also being published with a bonus short story, It’s All About That Cowboy by Carly Bloom however my review/rating is strictly for Justified as the review copy ...more
Wendy

I love a good "enemies to lovers" story and this one definitely hit the right spot. It has been a long time since I have read anything by this author, I believe "Charged" was the last book. I don't have a specific reason as to why, but I do know that I will be checking out every book in this series ;)

I also really liked the side-characters in this book, and since some play a part in a previous series, I will have to check those out as well. So looks like I'm gonna be busy.

gonna be busy gif - Google zoeken

Aspen and Case have kn
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
US: https://amzn.to/2Fzspsq
UK: https://amzn.to/2FztsZo

Case and Aspen are enemies in the town of Loveless. Case swears he'll never forgive Aspen for her part in him losing custody of his son, and Aspen won't forget the way Case treated her when she became his ex-wife's lawyer. But when an unknown enemy sets out to hurt Aspen, these two have to learn to tolerate each other long enough to keep Aspen out of danger.

This book starts out with the suspense right away and from there the intrigu
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars

I am a huge Jay Crownover fan ,whatever she writes I'm going to read it.Even though I don't read often romance with cowboys. I was so into the story from the first pages, I felt connected and I couldn't put it down.

I have read almost all Jay's books and I can tell you that this one is a little bit different I find it refreshing and I liked the set up of the small town.Aspen was a little bit complex and I didn't like her immediately.She has some good in her she was strong but sometimes she
Wendy'sThoughts
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Jay Crownover Fans, Western, Romance
4.5 The Power of Words and Actions Stars
* * * *1/2 Spoiler Free-It's Live!
How to address this book and themes...Jay Crownover has taken the pain of a "Son Bearing the Sins of the Father and Righting These Wrongs and mixes it with the "One Who Worked to Protect Him" be the one he thinks hurt him the most. And that is just the tip of the iceberg of this tale.

In Loveless Texas, there were a couple of things to know. Years ago, you never crossed the Sheriff if you knew what was good for you. Especi
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker

If there was anyone I didn't expect to lean on when my own house of cards went up in flames a few years later, it was the newly appointed sheriff of Loveless, Texas, Case Lawton.

When Aspen moved to the small town of Loveless, Texas, her pale skin and black clothes had kids calling her “weirdo girl”. The one bright spot was Case Lawton, a popular jock
Natalie The Biblioholic
A small quiet town, devastated by gunshots, vandalism, high speed chases, and fire. Aspen is the target and the killer doesn't care about collateral damage. Who's out to get her? Why do they so desperately want her dead? And why is it the only person she can turn to, the only one she can trust, is the man who hates her guts?

At one point, Aspen was the new girl in town. She was from the city and she was different and ended up being an outcase. Case was the only person who saw her and went out of
My Pink Fairytales
My poor heart ⭐

The previous book I read was expected to be an emotional rollercoaster that should have made me go through a boxes of Kleenex. Never in a million years, would I expected to cry my eyes out at this one.
Actually, I have a confession to make: due to its horrible cover, I didn’t expect to like it. At all. I requested the ARC on Netgalley by default, just because it was Jay Crownover we were talking about. I should have known she was going to break my heart.

Here’s the thing. There wa
FMABookReviews
3.5 Stars!

One of my favorite tropes is enemies to lovers. I love a good fight scene and a good grovel. Throw in angst, and a good mystery, I'm giddy with excitement!

When Aspen Barlow moved from Chicago to small-town Loveless, Texas, Case Lawton was the first to befriend her. When other high school kids teased her about her appearance and called her weird, Case stood by her and protected her. They both had dreams about life after high school, he was going off to college on a football scholarship
book bruin
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars

This was a great weekend read! I was sucked in right from the start and didn't want to put it down. I was hesitant to pick it up because I don't often read cowboy romances, but this one felt more small town romance more than anything and I just appreciated the cover for the eye candy it was ;)

Justified is an enemies to lovers, forced proximity, suspense, and single parent romance rolled into one. I loved the sparks and sexual tension between Case and Aspen and how the gruff and grumpy
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4 STARS!

Pics-Art-06-23-12-49-01

We're back in Loveless, Texas and this time we have the pleasure of reading Case Lawton's book. When I first met him in Unbroken I knew he would be trouble, and trouble he was!

Justified is a full length novel in Jay Crownover's brand-new Loveless, Texas series. The Lawton siblings bring so much angst to their small little town that I cannot get enough of them!

Aspen Barlow has crushed on Case Lawton since her formidable teen years. He was the only one to show her any kindness and offer
TeriLyn
**Justified generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

5 "I just had to be as brave as she was." Stars

I just absolutely loved this. I devoured it and keep thinking about Sheriff Lawton and Counselor Barlow. Striking all my favorite romance chords, I engulfed Jay Crownover's newest series start in one sitting. Justified is an enemies-to-lovers, slow burn romance between a small town Texas Sheriff with a chip on his shoulder and a local attorney with a fi
♥Rachel♥
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jay Crownover writes the best heroes, especially the ones that start off as kind of a jerk, rough around the edges, but have a big heart. Case Lawton, the Sheriff of Loveless is exactly that type of guy. When we’re introduced to Aspen and Case, he’s a full-on jerk to her, he thinks she’s a heartless lawyer after she represented his ex-wife in their divorce and custody battle. There’s a whole backstory as to why Aspen cooperated, it’s a good reason, but Case doesn’t know the details. There’s a wh ...more
Dali
Jay Crownover returns to Loveless, Texas with “Justified,” a suspenseful and drama filled romance between Case Lawton, the sheriff of Loveless and his sworn enemy Aspen Barlow, the attorney who cost him custody of his son.

Grace
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hate-to-love romance about putting aside past mistakes and creating something special for the future.

Following a severe downturn in his life, Case Lawton has one focus for all of his hate - Aspen Barlow, the lawyer who represented his wife, Becca, in their divorce.
Was this hate misguided?
Yes, but given that he lost what was most important to him, his son, Hayes, I could understand the anger.

Years later, Case has proven to be the better parent and regains custody of his son. Yet the hate remai
Dali
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

When Aspen moved from Chicago to Texas, she was the weird high school girl who didn’t fit in and the only person who made her feel like she belonged was golden boy Case Lawton. She had a crush on him, but his life was set on a different course. Years later when they crossed pa
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I am a huge Jay Crownover fan and was so excited to start Justified. I read the prequel, Unbroken, and saw a glimpse of Case's backstory and was even more excited to read his story. Justified was sexy and emotional and the chemistry between both leads was fantastic. Aspen gave as good as she got and wasn't hesitant to handle Case, the Sheriff of Lawless, if needed. She was a great match for Case!

Aspen Barlow and Case Lawton have a long and acrimonious history. But it is now nine years later and
Misha Carlstedt Robinson
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jay Crownover knows how to start a series. Please excuse me while I move down to Texas and try to find a hot sheriff like Case. He was rough around the edges at times and had his faults, but I appreciated his realness and the fact that he willingly owned up to his mistakes. I wanted to reach into the book and give Aspen a big hug. She has a heck of a time throughout the story but remains strong. Bonus points for Hayes. He was my favorite supporting character, and I am keeping my fingers crossed ...more
Gretchen  (About That Story)
Enemies to lovers is one of my all-time favorite tropes and this one was fantastic. I devoured it! I loved the characters, their fiery barbs and underlying passion. There is a wonderful suspense element that was happening and I loved the build to it all.

The prologue had me so hooked with all the tension and emotion, I was all in. I loved Aspen and how tough she was, standing up for herself and what she wants, fighting to stay strong in the middle of a very hard situation. I freaking loved Case,
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"He'd always been a bit of a heartbreaker, but now he was something beyond that. A heart destroyer, or maybe even a heart annihilator."

I fell in love with the author's Marked Men series years ago so I knew before I started reading Justified that she was gonna bring some #Love to Loveless, Texas and I didn't want to miss out. Um...did I mention there's a #SexySheriff? Even his name is sexy...Case...sigh. ❤

Well, all that was before I met Case. I have to confess he did not make a good f
1-Click Addict Support Group
Delicious frenemies to lovers….

I want to move to Loveless, Texas. Right now! The Lawtons are back and this town is a hotbed of dangerous intrigue and repressed emotions. When it all hits the fan, the drama is spectacular!
Big brother Case was facing the woman he’s hated for years. And, no, that was not too strong a word. He was in a better place but was still very, very angry. It was hard to hold onto all that rage though when Aspen effortlessly crawled under his skin. And Aspen? Well, her years-
Jessica
Jay Crownover is one of my favorite authors. She has a way with words that makes the story so real. After reading about Case's brother I couldn't wait to get my hand on this one.

Case has had a hard life. With the help and love of his siblings he has been able to conquer his past. Aspen has known Case since highschool. He was the only one who accepted her for being unique. Until he believed she was the cause of losing her son. Little did he know Aspen has done everything for him.

They had to wor
Vanessa (nessreads)
5 “Lasso Me Up” Stars!!!

Well I’ll be, never did I think I’d be obsessed with a jean and a big belt buckle clad, boots sporting and black stetson wearing cowboy, but here we are. Jay left me smitten with this book and Case Lawton, the cowboy sheriff.

I fell so hard in love with this book. I love a good enemies to lovers romance and Justified hit all the spots.

Aspen is the new girl in town. She moved from Chicago to Texas and immediately became the “weird girl” who didn’t fit in. The only person wh
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Jay Crownover delivers another incredible story full of emotions and plenty of heart pounding moments. I couldn’t put it down. Case and Aspen have so much history. A history as messy as their lives have become. I wasn’t sure how Crownover was going to have these two maneuver their present around that past but I tore through the pages eager to find out. After reading Unbroken, I wasn’t sure what to expect from Justified. Somehow I knew these two stories would be vastly different from one another
 B.E.Love
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1// stars, this is great even better than book .05 I have fallen in love with Loveless Texas and all its residents(well not all of them lol) I loved this book and the storyline as well as the hero and heroine. This was a book I didn't want to put down. After reading this book I can't wait for book two. It seems like I have several books from Jay Crownover now that I am just waiting to release so I can read them.
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
The "Good Ole Boy" network has been alive and well in Loveless, Texas for far too long. Corruption in law enforcement has seen to that. But the son of the previous sheriff is trying to change it. Case Lawton is attempting to do good for his community, but his personal life? Not so much. Case tends to show nothing but his worst toward the town lawyer he has decided earned all his ire.

Justified is a big change for me as a reader and a fan of Crownover. I've read all of her Marked Men and Saints of
Tammy  Zautner
Welcome to Loveless, Texas, ladies and gents. After such an all to short visit with Crew, it's good to be back visiting with his older brother, Case.

At first, I was not fond of Case Lawton. I thought he was a jackass. However, he quickly grew on me. Like his brother, I loved his heart of gold and his love for his family, especially his son. But man can this dude hold a grudge. I grew a bit tired of his decade long hatred of Aspen. I get why he was so angry, and hate filled, but I wanted to clob
Three Chicks
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Trinette Dungee

Case Lawton has no love for Aspen Barlow, she’s the reason his entire life was turned on it’s axis. He lost custody of his son because of her and forgiveness is nowhere in the foreseeable future. The way things stand right now, if she were on fire he’d take his sweet time putting her out and the only reason he’d move that fast is because he promised to uphold the law and the last thing he wants is to be the crooked lawman his father was. When Aspen is suddenly in danger
BeeKay
Jay Crownover is a new author to me but she kept showing up in my newsfeed so I wanted to know more.

This book is the first book in this series set in Loveless, TX and revolves around Case and Aspen. Case, the MMC is the town Sheriff with a major chip on his shoulder. He feels the like he has to make amends for all the really bad things his dad has done. Aspen, the FMC, is the lawyer that help Case lose custody of his son. Or is that the whole story?

Now someone is targeting Aspen, and Case has
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Jay Crownover is the International and multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Marked Men Series, The Saints of Denver Series, and The Point and Breaking Point Series. Her books can be found translated in many different languages all around the world. She is a tattooed, crazy haired Colorado native who lives at the base of the Rockies with her awesome dogs. This is where sh ...more

Loveless, Texas (2 books)
  • Unforgiven: Includes a bonus novella