Start by marking “Jesus of Scumburg” as Want to Read:
Jesus of Scumburg

Jesus of Scumburg

Jesus DeJesus is the lead singer of the Nazi Sympathizers, a punk band whose music excites its audiences into a frenzy that results in the complete annihilation of whatever city the band plays in. When Jesus is reunited with his high school crush at a gig in his home city of Scumburg, his disorder-centric way of life is soon thrown into question, making him wonder if there ...more
Published December 25th 2018 by Hindered Souls Press

To ask other readers questions about Jesus of Scumburg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesus of Scumburg

Start your review of Jesus of Scumburg
Janie C.
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A filthy and phantasmagoric exploration of complete nihilism that aims to destroy the world in efforts to discover a new one. Jesus DeJesus is desperate to end life as he knows it; as a pool of vile circumstances that have forever been leeching his body and soul of life and acknowledgement. Enter his world if you dare. The desecration in Scumburg and beyond is not for the faint of heart. This is a trip through the pulsing heart, soul and scrotum of darkness.
Danger
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Do you have a minute to talk about our Lord and Savior, GG Allin?

Because that, in essence, is what this story - Jesus of Scumburg - is all about: an Allin-esque public figure whose physical and spiritual depravity serves at the beacon for a legion of disaffected fans. What follows is an ultra-violent, ultra-perverse, taboo-mocking descent into one of the grossest and strangest versions of the world I’ve ever read. BUYER BEWARE: this bad boy is graphic, right from the jump. The author has a
Jason
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
There is this famous quote by George Orwell;

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.”

Reading this book is like being the owner of that face, it is brutal and is written in such a way you are left in a daze as you try to keep up with it. Jesus DeJesus sets the tone on the very first page, in fact in the very first paragraph. This book is part bizarro fiction and part inspired by that time that Leo accidentally played with this cube and opened a portal
Rebecca Gransden
Jesus DeJesus suckled on a haunted nipple, engorged with lighter fluid lost by a forgotten god. Frequencies, composed to psychically disembowel, enrapture stimulant junkies who think they are punk. Worse than that, they would deny it, and then not, reclaim and then dismiss, all to dismember your equilibrium, but only if the whim should take. Jesus DeJesus is in the Nazi Sympathisers and has followers. The noise is there to break everything, a blaspheming racket set to violate.

Insectoid freaks
Leo Robertson
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Guys!! I totally forgot that I made this playlist that inspired Jesus' inception!!

Amazon preorder now live :)

The canon of Robertson's psychedelic disgustopias (see Bonespin Slipspace / The Grimhaven Disaster) continues...

Harry Whitewolf
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
Having read most of Leo X. Robertson’s works over the last few years, it’s interesting for me to see how his writing has developed. The prose itself has become tighter, more descriptive and finely-tuned, and the stories have become more and more “out there”. Although it feels like Robertson has gravitated more towards genre writing over time, his combination of horror, psychedelia and Bizarro manages to create a very individual and distinctive read.

Jesus of Scumburg combines disturbing scenes,
Arthur Graham
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best LXR yet!
Jack Stark
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bizarro, horror
You can read my more in depth review of this on my blog - Random Melon Reads!

Blasphemy! Blasphemy I say! ‘Tis wonderful. I like this a lot. It’s very clever. For a relatively short novella, it says a lot. I’ll be honest - I was not completely ready for it. This is 100% batshit crazy and a shit ton of fun! It’s chaotic and unpredictable. Shocking in all the right ways. A wonderful exploration of expectations, self destruction and narcissism. This ain’t a gentle read walk in the park kinda read.
Kevin Berg
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jesus.
Morgan K Tanner
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m not sure where to begin with this review. I suppose I should kick things off by saying that this book isn’t for everyone. Those faint of heart or an ease to be offended should probably keep well away from this one.

I, thankfully, am neither of those things. I enjoy feeling icky when reading a book, curling my toes and uttering various ‘eww’s’ as I consume the words on the pages, feeling a tad of guilt as I chuckle at things most others would consider vulgar and disgusting.

And these are
Marc
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you've been yearning to slip-and-slide through an apocalyptic bacchanalia drenched in human effluvia, this is your chance. It's the type of good old-fashioned literature that decapitates your head and uses your ears to spit roast your brain. Robertson unleashes the id and it goes full-on, dark kamikaze straight toward depravity's event horizon. You'll really never believe where your heart will end up. Le meilleur des mondes possibles.
Gavin
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just finished Jesus of Scumburg.

Erm, without doubt one of the darkest, filthiest, most twisted novellas I've ever read.

I just couldn't stop reading, brilliantly written with imagery that blew my mind.

This is not a book for everyone...BE WARNED!
Ben Arzate
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full Review

Jesus of Scumburg is a funny, entertaining, and intense story. It examines the link between the urge for destruction and the urge to create while making the reader laugh and cringe. It’s not a book for the faint of heart, but one well-worth getting, especially for fans of punk rock and GG Allin.
Alison
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMDFG ... review to follow
marshall
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“When one world ends, something else begins—but without a scream.”

- Marilyn Manson

Holy SHIT! Fuck biblical mythology; this is Leo X Robertson’s spin on the The Second Coming—A nihilistic and repulsive fairytale.

Imagine the punch of a 75 page novella and then imagine it again as it takes a bottle of Jim Beam, smashes it on your head and holds the bottleneck to your rectum, promising you immortality to a anarcho-punk soundtrack.

Only Leo X could balance a line like

“Chainsaw my dick into a fucking
Renee
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What the...

I'm not sure what I just read, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was bizarre, weird, delightfully offensive, dark, extreme... there is no single adjective that fully describes Jesus of Scumburg. Give it a read.
B.P. Gregory
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
What Are We Reading?: Jesus of Scumburg, by Leo X Robertson.

Give me the short version: Decency is crucified upside down on a bizarro messianistic journey.

Having liked The Grimhaven Disaster and very much enjoyed Kelpies in Deadman’s Tome: Monsters Exist, I was lucky enough to land an advance copy of Jesus of Scumburg. While the story wasn’t necessarily my mug of vodka, the style and examination of inverted social norms certainly is.

Jesus of Scumburg doesn’t exist merely to shock or titillate,
Theresa Braun
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is not for the squeamish. BEWARE! I have to say that I threw up in my mouth a few times, literally. My nose crinkled at some of the depraved descriptions, and I cringed at every turn. Robertson paints a vile world where 'reality' and hallucination are interchangeable, a fictional place you can't believe has come to life on the page. It makes me uber-curious about what this author will come up with next... Read this if you dare!
Valerie
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I just didn’t get this one. Maybe I’m trying too hard to interpret Jesus’s life and the destruction he causes but I just don’t get it! Perversions, grossness, things I can’t began to imagine! I don’t need to read about kids sucking off adults! I guess I didn’t survive Scumberg!
Matt Neil Hill

• We Live Inside Your Eyes
  • Horror Sleaze Trash: Prose in Poor Taste
  • The Girl Who Hid in the Trees
  • Ape and Essence
"I have never in my life been exposed to a more fascinatingly bizarre story--and I've been exposed to some pretty damn fascinating and bizarre stories in my day! Buy this damn book! Now!" - Michael Alig, on my novella, Bonespin Slipspace (Psychedelic Horror Press, 2016)

One thing I know I can't write is a witty bio of myself- so if you want to know anything, just ask :)

In the meantime, here are
Fuck you motherfucker
I hate to watch you try
Fuck you motherfucker
Why don't you fucking die?
If I woke up as you
I'd gas myself and fry
But you don't have the guts
To even watch my suicide
6 likes
“Because to exist meant making copies and copies of your own DNA with less and less accuracy with time, to lose the spring in your skin, to inhale a poisonous gas that both allowed your next breath and exploded you from the inside at an insidiously slow pace. To exist was to give way to entropy. To live, in no uncertain terms, was to die.” 0 likes