Start by marking “Zombies Don't Eat Veggies!” as Want to Read:
Zombies Don't Eat Veggies!

Zombies Don't Eat Veggies!

Mo Romero is a zombie who loves nothing more than growing, cooking, and eating vegetables. Tomatoes? Tantalizing. Peppers? Pure perfection! The problem? Mo's parents insist that their niño eat only zombie cuisine, like arm-panadas and finger foods. They tell Mo over and over that zombies don't eat veggies. But Mo can't imagine a lifetime of just eating zombie food and givi ...more
Published April 2nd 2019 by Lee & Low

To ask other readers questions about Zombies Don't Eat Veggies!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombies Don't Eat Veggies!

Renee Lute
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are so many reasons to love this book. Megan and Jorge Lacera have such a fabulous sense of humor, accessible to both kids and their parents. I love the bilingual element, the “it’s okay to be different” element, the zombie family dynamic, etc. A fresh book that hits so many notes.
Ro Menendez
Mo Romero is a non-brain-eating zombie. Mo is a vegetarian, a hiding-in-the-shed vegetarian who wants to be his true self with those he loves the most, his mom and dad. Authors Megan and Jorge Lacera don't shy away from being realistic within the fantastical-zombie-pun-filled world they have created; more often than not when a family member does not follow the cookie cutter path expected and makes it known, he or she is met with disbelief and resistance. I appreciated that the authors respected ...more
Stephanie Bange
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With zombies as hot as they are today, this is a welcome addition to humorous stories for kids.

Mo Romero is not like other zombie boys. He does not like zombie foods like "brains", "man-naise", "Dori-toes", or "Chili con ojos". Instead, he would rather a delicioso meal of celery, tomatoes and carrots. Horrors! His parents just don't understand his taste buds, however they come to accept him as he is because they are more than zombies -- they are a family.

Told using very yummy words like "tantal
Shana
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is utterly delightful! We received ZOMBIES DON'T EAT VEGGIES a few days ago, and my son has chosen it as his bedtime book every night since. And we both love that it is a bilingual book! My son adores the illustrations, and laughs at the different 'cuisines' drawn in the book. I can't wait to see what the Laceras create next!
M. Newcomer
CJ Penko
Apr 04, 2019
Kristen Kiesling
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Most creative, funny picture book I’ve read in ages!! My kids LOVE this book and it's one I love rereading to them nightly! Beautiful illustrations AND funny story. I also love the creative Zoombie food names sprinkled about with touches of Spanish! Well done!!!!!!
Jen Minehardt