Start by marking “Kingdoms of the Cursed: The High and Faraway, Book Two” as Want to Read:
Kingdoms of the Cursed: The High and Faraway, Book Two

Kingdoms of the Cursed: The High and Faraway, Book Two

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Three young friends must navigate dangerous magical worlds―and their own inner selves―in this sweeping fantasy from Greg Keyes, the sequel to The Reign of the Departed.

Errol Greyson is awake and back in his own body, thanks to his friends Aster the witch and Veronica the half-dead girl. Unfortunately, due to the attempted suicide that led to his months-long coma and tempor
Published June 4th 2019 by Night Shade Books

To ask other readers questions about Kingdoms of the Cursed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdoms of the Cursed

liked it 3.00  ·

Kristen Burns
3 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book via Edelweiss. This has not influenced my review.*

I’m not sure what to say about this book. It wasn’t bad, but it went off the rails a bit too much for my taste.

The first book had a lot of strangeness and randomness, but I didn’t mind because the characters and the relationships between them were great and carried the book through. I could enjoy just being along for the ride. In this book though, the characters were mostly separated, and most thing
Mike
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I read the first in this series, and enjoyed it enough that when I saw this one on Netgalley I asked for a copy for review. I did have some hesitations; I felt the first one had pumped the archetypes pedal a bit too hard, at the expense of more subtle character development.

This one doesn't feel as overdone in the archetypes department, but it does feel disjointed to me. This is partly because, rather than being together as they were in most of the first book, the three viewpoint characters spen
Heather Bennett
Apr 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed with this book because it just felt way too disjointed. This one was just not for me.
Annarella
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm in two mind about this book: on one side I appreciated the world building, very original and dreamy, on the other side I found it a bit confused and the plot was not always easy to follow.
I don't know if my confusion is due to an issue in the plot or to the fact that I didn't read the first part.
I liked the characters that I found more vulnerable and human than those of other fantasy book.
The world building is well done and I'm curious to learn more about this universe.
I give it four stars b
Katharine Coldiron
Jun 12, 2019
Del
Jun 19, 2019
Gregory Keyes is a writer of science fiction and fantasy who has written both original and media-related novels under both the names J. Gregory Keyes and "Greg Keyes".

Greg Keyes was born in to a large, diverse, storytelling family. He received degrees in anthropology from Mississippi State and the University of George before becoming a fulltime writer.
He lives in Savannah, Georgia.