Start by marking “Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)” as Want to Read:
Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)

Scavenge the Stars

(Scavenge the Stars #1)

When Amaya rescues a mysterious stranger from drowning, she fears her rash actions have earned her a longer sentence on the debtor ship where she’s been held captive for years. Instead, the man she saved offers her unimaginable riches and a new identity, setting Amaya on a perilous course through the coastal city-state of Moray, where old-world opulence and desperate gambl ...more
Expected publication: January 7th 2020 by Disney Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Scavenge the Stars, please sign up.
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James According to the summary two - "the first novel in an epic YA fantasy duology"
jesse Ok, I think I can answer my own question. "collaborative effort between designer Marci Senders and photographer Tom Corbett."

Tara ☽
May 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
I want the girl on the cover of this to stab me
Melanie
Oct 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Tara Sim posted these aesthetic boards on Twitter, and I am breathless.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
megs_bookrack
Shelves: 2020-releases
I created a 2020-bookshelf just for this book.

I will remember this moment forever.
Tucker
Apr 17, 2019 marked it as arcs-to-read

Many thanks to Disney Press for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

My first 2020 ARC!!

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest |
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Oct 09, 2018 marked it as please-give-me-ii
so in 2012 I watched Revenge, a reimagining of the count of monte christo, and ever since then apparently ive been awaiting this shit
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
ARC received in exchange for an honest review - thank you!

This is the earliest I've ever gotten an ARC (it doesn't come out until next January!) so I was pretty excited to start reading it. Plus, it was pitched as a diverse, gender-bent retelling of Dumas's The Count of Monte Cristo - which I haven't read, but I know is all about revenge and justice. A vengeful heroine? I was SO HERE for that.

Unfortunately, this book - while good - was missing the spark that would have raised it above three st
rin 눈_눈 READ RED, WHITE & ROYAL BLUE
the count of monte cristo retelling!!!!! and look at this cover!!!!!!
mahana
ARC kindly provided by Disney Hyperion in exchange for an honest review.

eye-

Me: description
Ivy
Feb 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: coming-soon-20
"Perfect for fans of Leigh Bardugo"
FrighteningFrayedGoldfinch-max-1mb
E.
"gender-swapped retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo" 👀👀
Kat Cho
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wbp-bookshelf
I was really lucky to read an early copy of this beautiful book! I have always been a fan of the Monte Cristo narrative, the idea that someone who was unjustly wronged, coming back after training and becoming a new person and getting revenge! I love how Tara takes that concept and kind of explores the ideas of revenge, re-inventing yourself, identity, and family. There are two wonderful main characters who have been battered by life and their circumstances. Amaya is a tough girl who's had to end ...more
Emily
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tara's a master. You should know this by now, but this book is further evidence: TARA SIM IS A GODDAMN MASTER.
Lea (drumsofautumn)
THIS BOOK WAS DEFINITELY WRITTEN WITH ME IN MIND SO UH.. why do I have to wait SO LONG FOR IT???? WOW I AM CRAVING THIS SO MUCH ALREADY!!!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
I need this to come sooner...
♠️ TABI ♠️
Mar 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
frick this is the kind of cover I want on my future publications okay
christine ☽
Jan 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
EDIT 09/03/2019

GUYS DO YOU SEE THE COVER? IT'S BEAUTIFUL AND BADASS! 😍

The synopsis sounds so promising! Genderbent retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo? Yes please! But the thing that really got me excited to read this book was the stunning moodboard that Tara Sim posted on her Twitter. POC characters and queer representation? I can't wait!

I mean look at this:

So stunning!
Jaime
Oct 09, 2018 marked it as tbr-unreleased
08/03/19: I have been murdered, I am literally deceased because of the most beautiful cover I've ever seen, plus this excerpt.

09/10/19: A gender-bent Count of Monte Cristo?? With POC and queer rep?? And a Slytherin girl and Hufflepuff boy?? Written by the author of one of my favourite series?? I have literally never been more hyped for a book in ages.
Kristen
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
eager for the next book to see what will happen. I liked this one just didn’t love it to point if obsession
fatima♐
May 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
me, on seeing the book cover:
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
Apr 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy-misc
Gender-swapped Count of Monte Cristo retelling? --> Gimme it NOW.
Tova
Mar 07, 2019 marked it as 2020-releases
Honestly, I am pretty sure Tara Sim is a Goddess because damn does this sound good.
Crazy4Books
I had such high hopes for this when I first started reading it. I thought it had the potential to be a new favorite. I liked the characters, but the pace was so very slow. Im all for a good revenge plot, but there wasnt enough scheming and action throughout to keep me engaged. It definitely felt longer than 336 pages.

Full Review Will Be Posted Closer to Publication
Claire ✨
Oct 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
2020?! Why must we wait so long?!

shre ♡
Apr 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: grabby-hands
"Amaya wants one thing: revenge against the man who ruined her family and stole the life she once had."

"Gender-swapped retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo"

ALL WE DO IS WIN WIN WIN NO MATTER WHAT!
Jessica
Mar 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
2020?! I don’t think I’ll be able to wait that long for this book. I love The Count of Monte Cristo. The cover is absolutely gorgeous—I saw it on Instagram and immediately had to look up what it was about. Definitely one of my most anticipated reads.
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
Feb 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020
EXCUSE ME?! JUNGSHOOK AT THIS SUMMARY!
Ashlee » Library In The Country
One of my favorite classics is The Count of Monte Cristo. One of my favorite shows is Revenge.

AND THIS IS A GENDERBENT RETELLING OF THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO. 😍🙌🏻

• What Monstrous Gods
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • The Bright and the Pale
  • A Song of Wraiths and Ruin (A Song of Wraiths and Ruin, #1)
  • Set Fire to the Gods (Set Fire to the Gods, #1)
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Deathless
  • The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • Untitled
  • Goddess in the Machine
  • The Chosen One (The Chosen One, #1)
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • There Will Come a Darkness (There Will Come a Darkness, #1)
  • Seven Devils (Seven Devils, #1)
  • Woven in Moonlight
  • Bone Grace (Bone Grace, #1)
  • All the Stars and Teeth
  • Untitled Standalone
Tara Sim is a YA author found in the wilds of the Bay Area, California. When she's not writing about magic, clocks, and boys, she drinks tea, wrangles cats, and sings opera.

Tara grew up in California, but braved the elements of Virginia to study English/Creative Writing at Hollins University.

Half-Indian and full geek, she eats too many samosas and awkwardly dances to Bhangra music.

Scavenge the Stars (2 books)
  • Untitled (Scavenge the Stars, #2)