Start by marking “Inside the Chinese Wine Industry: The Past, Present, and Future of Wine in China” as Want to Read:

From the award-winning author of Death: An Exploration comes a groundbreaking book on the Chinese wine industry.

2019 National Indie Excellence Awards Finalist

The perfect book to read with a glass of wine in hand. Inside The Chinese Wine Industry takes you on a thrilling adventure through the past, present, and future of wine in China.

The wine business is one of the world’
Published November 7th 2018 by Red Scorpion Press

To ask other readers questions about Inside the Chinese Wine Industry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside the Chinese Wine Industry

Joseph Spuckler
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: history, food
Inside the Chinese Wine Industry: The Past, Present, and Future of Wine in China by Loren Maysharkis a history as well as the current demand for wine in the country. There are a few points that must be considered when China and wine. First that China does contain 20% of the world’s population and that in itself creates a massive demand for a product. Secondly, China has had a long history of wine not only rice and plum varieties. Third, wine is the most popular alcoholic drink in the country.

Per
Glen
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

Interesting book about the Chinese wine industry, from its beginnings in antiquity to predictions of the future, where it becomes the second leading wine market in 2020. Some good information here. To me, the most interesting part was the rather large section on counterfeit wines. Like so much else manufactured in that country, counterfeits are a nuisance, and even a danger.

Very interesting. Must reading for oenophiles.
Allie
Dec 21, 2018 marked it as to-read
Very interesting book, we learned alot !
My husband and I will never look at wine the same again.
Thanks so much and happy holidays !!!
Majanka
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

I’ll start out straight by saying I don’t think I’ve had Chinese wine. Maybe by accident or when I didn’t know the wine was Chinese, but not on purpose. After reading Inside the Chinese Wine Industry, I’m eager to try one, though. With over seven hundred wineries in China, it will not be hard to find one I like, I suppose!

One of the first chapters in the book is a run-down of the history of China, linking this history
Books, Brews & Booze
A wildly fascinating topic. I always appreciate books that give me suggestions for new books and articles to read on a topic - the bibliography is a gem.

I work at a vineyard, so wine and wine production is an interest of mine. I love reading about the history of wine and vineyards and this book didn’t disappoint in that area.

The history of wine in China is fascinating and their business models and how that differs from other countries is really interesting.

There’s a lot to digest in this book.
torin_kylara
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people looking to get up to date on the current Chinese wine industry.
Shelves: giveaways
This book is incredibly informative. Highly recommend it for anyone looking to get a handle on the present state of the wine industry in China and its relation to the world. However, I expected the book to go into further detail about the history of Chinese wine and that didn't happen. Multiple topics were discussed briefly and that was it. So the three stars for me is because I wish the historical aspects had been dealt with more.

If however, you are looking for a current primer on the Chinese w
Mary Tharp
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very informative and interesting.
Tena
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
I won an ARC edition in a GOODREADS giveaway.
Melinda M
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inside the Chinese Wine Industry: The Past, Present, and Future of Wine in China by Loren Mayshark is an interesting look at the wine industry in China. It covers from the beginning of the wine industry to predictions about the future. the most interesting part to me is that there is counterfeit wine. I had never heard of that or how dangerous a counterfeit wine can be. It is well written and keeps your interest.
I received a copy thru Aa Goodreads Giveaway.
Beth Long
Jan 07, 2019
Daniela
Nov 16, 2018
Nicole
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
The book was a high-level introduction to the Chinese wine industry and economic markets. The most interesting parts for me were the section on counterfeit wines and the sources for more in-depth reading. However, I only gave it 3 stars because it was unnecessarily repetitive in its wording and did not delve deeply into any of the topics. I don’t believe any of them were very well developed.
Melissa

• Day Drinking: 50 Cocktails for a Mellow Buzz
  • Beyond Peace
  • Silver Dolphins: The Emblem of the Enlisted Submariner
  • Our Bodies, Our Data: How Companies Make Billions Selling Our Medical Records
  • Real or Fake? 2: More Far-Out Fibs, Fishy Facts, and Phony Photos to Test for the Truth
  • Know It All Whiskey: The 50 Most Elemental Concepts of Whiskey, Each Explained in Under a Minute
  • Rogue Spooks: The Intelligence War on Donald Trump
  • The Moralist: Woodrow Wilson and the World He Made
  • The Triumph and Tragedy of Lyndon Johnson: The White House Years
  • Drive for Five: The Remarkable Run of the 2016 Patriots
  • Hun Sen’s Cambodia
Loren Mayshark was fortunate to have parents who offered him opportunities to see the world and introduce him to many exciting places which instilled in him a passion for travel. As his wanderlust grew, he journeyed to more than thirty US states and at least as many foreign countries while visiting four continents.

After college, he supported his itinerant lifestyle by working dozens of jobs includ