Start by marking “Yours Truly, Thomas” as Want to Read:
Yours Truly, Thomas

Yours Truly, Thomas

For three years, Penny Ercanbeck has been opening other people's mail. Dead ends are a reality for clerks at the Dead Letter Office. Still she dreams of something more--a bit of intrigue, a taste of romance, or at least a touch less loneliness. When a letter from a brokenhearted man to his one true love falls into her hands, Penny seizes this chance to do something heroic. ...more
Published July 2nd 2019 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published July 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Yours Truly, Thomas, please sign up.
Rachel Fordham That’s a great question. The main characters are adults but the content is very clean. No language, sex and minimal violence. My middle school age chi…moreThat’s a great question. The main characters are adults but the content is very clean. No language, sex and minimal violence. My middle school age children have read it and enjoyed it but they were not my target audience as I wrote it. (less)

Start your review of Yours Truly, Thomas
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“For three years, Penny Ercanbeck has been opening other people's mail. Dead ends are a reality for clerks at the Dead Letter Office. Still she dreams of something more--a bit of intrigue, a taste of romance, or at least a touch less loneliness. When a letter from a brokenhearted man to his one true love falls into her hands, Penny seizes this chance to do something heroic. It becomes her mission to place this lost letter into the hands of its intended recipient.
Thomas left his
Emma Rose
I was very skeptical about this book. I mean, read the back! She works at a *dead letter office???* (I didn't even know what that was till I read this, but it just sounded weird! 😅)

But I was pleasantly surprised how AMAZING THIS BOOK IS!!!! Penny is just the sweetest book character ever created, and Thomas... 😌 Thomas is the kind of guy everyone needs in their life!

I just adored Penny from page #1! Thomas, too of course, but Penny just really struck a cord in my heart. She's so kind, so thoughtf
Sarah Sundin
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With an intriguing concept, Yours Truly, Thomas delivers a sweet and appealing romance with a healthy dose of humor. Rachel Fordham‘s characters grapple with grief and guilt and becoming a new person, which adds depth and heart to this warm story. Pour yourself your favorite beverage and prepare to lose yourself in this delightful story.
Beth
I adore when a story brings to light a concept that I’ve never read about, or in this case, an entirely new thing to me. In this case, it's the Dead Letter Office. Penny works as a clerk in this office and opens other people’s mail when there is nowhere left for them to be delivered. One frequent letter writer, Thomas, has captured her attention, which eventually leads her on a quest for closure for him.

Fordham’s second novel is a touch lighter than her debut; it is such a simple, enjoyable stor
Dawn
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reading for endorsement. ❤️
July 2019 release date.

“Reminiscent of Grace Livingston Hill’s enchanting novels filled with adorable heroines and sweet love stories, Yours Truly, Thomas is a pure and simple romance sure to delight readers.”
—Dawn Crandall, award-winning author of The Everstone Chronicles series
Staci
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
Letter writing is pretty rare these days. I have fond memories of writing and receiving letters throughout my school days extending into college. There is something special about receiving a written letter. I can relate to Penny in that way. Penny works in the dead letter department in Washington DC. Who knew there was such a thing? She and others in her department read undelivered letters and try to find their intended destination.

Rachel Fordham's sophomore novel is just as sweet as her debut.
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
A sweet story with a fun twist! Penny and Thomas don't meet until much later in the book than usual, which made me anxious for the story to get on with it. And then she doesn't tell him about her connection to him with the letters, which made me even more anxious for them to get on with it! I liked the small town of Azure Springs and the sense of community there, especially with the woman who runs the boardinghouse and helps the wanderers understand what they are searching for. I didn't feel muc ...more
Paula Shreckhise
Welcome back to Azure Springs, the setting for the first book by Ms. Fordham. In this second book we revisit familiar characters. After starting out in Washington DC at the dead letter office, the story moves Penny to Azure Springs, Iowa.
This is a unique story that tugs at the heartstrings. And the author showed the characters emotions and backstory in a unique way- through letters. The cancellation mark at the beginning of each chapter was a nice touch.
We get reacquainted with landlady, Marga
Andrea Cox
FTC Disclosure: Revell Reads gave me a complimentary copy of this book. A positive review was not required. These are my honest thoughts.

The cover is what first drew my attention to this book. I was so intrigued by the barn and the letter that I really wanted to know more about this story. It didn’t take long to learn that the leading lady worked for the dead letter office, which completely reminded me of the movie and TV show called Signed, Sealed, Delivered, which also features a dead letter o
Sarah Grace Grzy
Rachel Fordham's sophomore novel, Yours Truly, Thomas, is as delightful as her debut, The Hope of Azure Springs! From cover to interior formatting to the story itself, this historical fiction novel is a beautiful journey.

Penny and Thomas are wonderfully realistic and charming characters. I must admit, I struggled to get into the story in the beginning, but a few chapters in and I was hooked. Penny is a bit naive, but I think that only adds to the attractiveness of her character. Thomas is runni
Amanda Tero
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The premise of this story was amazing: a dead letter office worker who feels pity for a man who’s running out west yet yearning for his love back home. As the story unfolds, there are many more juicy story bits that are creative, but it’d spoil it to tell you.

The romance in this story was sweet and there really wasn’t any moment I felt it was inappropriate. Penny is definitely a romantic dreamer at heart, but she does get a taste of reality through the story.

There were references to God and thin
Mikayla
I wanted to like this book so badly. It's about the Dead Letter Office (So, kind of a Signed, Sealed, Delivered like book), it's got a great premise, and the MC seemed to be really sweet.

Just a note though, this is marketed as a standalone, but it very connected to her first book. So, I was pretty lost with a few characters that I was supposed to know but didn't since I didn't read her first book.

The first thing that really got me was the writing style. I typically can stand whatever, but this
Deanne Patterson
It was so much fun revisiting Azure Springs again. I feel like the characters are friends that I could stop in and have a cup of tea and a piece of pie with.
Can you remember the last time you wrote a letter ? I can't either though I do remember having a foreign pen pal as a teen. What fun that was.
This book is about those unfortunate letters that can't be delivered for various reasons.
They then end up at the dead letter office.
Postmistress, Penny work at the dead letter office and she is a compa
Kellyn Roth
Original Review, June 30th, 2019:

Reserving rating for the time being. I just don't feel right about it until either this book gets a few more reviews or I've cooled down enough to give the rating I feel a great author/writer like this deserves. :P Which sounds dumb, but there 'tis.

This was one of my most highly anticipated reads for the year, which is perhaps why I expected so much of it. So it's not fair for a book to take on my expectations + my pet peeves + my snarkyness all at once! It's jus
Hannah
3.5 stars, rounded up for the unique plot angle

I've always been intrigued by novels that feature someone else's letters, but especially ones that feature the dead letter office (The Dead Letter was one of the first ones I read and enjoyed) and it's a concept that really catches my eye.

The story is sweet and I really connected with it most in the middle. The two leads are really endearing and their friendship made me really believe in their romance lasting awhile. The ending was a bit too melodr
Maureen Timerman
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
We are back in Azure Springs, Iowa and have visits with former characters from The Hope of Azure Springs, and it is beginning to feel like home!
We first meet Penny when she is working in the Dead Letter Office, a different sounding job, and they are on the lookout for valuables to the delight of the Government, but she is drawn to a letter from a man she has yet to meet, Thomas.
Thomas is running from his past, but fate has placed him in Azure Springs, and he seems to like it here, but danger doe
Julie Carpenter
What a fun story! I think I'm pretty partial to any story that has letters at its heart. I know I've shared this in a couple different reviews but I grew up with the best pen pals in the world. My grandparents! I loved checking the mailbox everyday and receiving a letter from one of my grandparents. It was like I had won the lottery! I still feel that hope and excitement in me when special occasions come around and I'm checking the mailbox for the daily mail. Although, I will admit to feeling a ...more
Hallie Szott
4.5

Oh, Rachel Fordham’s Yours Truly, Thomas is a gem. For any reader that enjoys swooning over a historical romance, this is a book for you.

As an employee of the Dead Letter Office, Penny Ercanbeck reads other people’s mail—at least, the letters that don’t reach their intended recipient. When she opens a letter from a brokenhearted man, her romantic side can’t help taking over, and she determines to find a way to fix what has been broken.

Yours Truly, Thomas begins as an unconventional romance, b
Danielle Urban
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yours Truly, Thomas by Rachel Fordham is an emotionally engaging Christian novel. I found myself deeply immersed into the characters' lives. What they felt and saw, I too felt and saw. A young woman works at a dead letter office. Letters that get lost or cannot find their destination are sent to the office. Penny reads the letters. Sometimes, she can feel a connection with the writer of the letters. One of these letter writers has deeply touched Penny. It comes to a time, when Penny decides to g ...more
Dana Michael
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yours Truly, Thomas is a sweet historical romance. It is about a young woman who works at the dead mail center in Washinfton DC. She is a bit of a romantic and fell in love with the author of a letter she read. She goes in pursuit of the author. This is a cute book if you are in the mood for a light romantic read.
*I was give a copy of this book by the publisher. This is my honest opinion.
Nicole
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on Inkwell Inspirations including an interview with Rachel Fordham

“What if Thomas’s life is altered all because his letter came to me and not to Clara?”

In Rachel Fordham's latest novel, Yours Truly, Thomas, she charms her readers with a beautiful story of redemption, second chances, and discovering God’s grace and purpose for our lives.

The journey begins in 1883 at the dead letter office in Washington D.C. as Penny Ercanbeck sorts letters and tries to locate their recipients b
Mayda
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is 1883. Suffering a reversal of fortune after her father’s death, Penny now works in the Dead Letter Office in Washington, D. C. Her mother is bitter, longing for the old days when they were part of the society scene. Penny is captivated by letters from someone called Thomas writing to Clara, letters that all end up in the Dead Letter Office. She decides that she must reunite these two people, whose love has been interrupted by something unknown to her. Thus begins Penny’s journey to Azure S ...more
Breny
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs-ever
I've never cried so much reading a book 😭 ❤️ . I felt I was reading my story in some way. I don't know how to explain it but the book resonated so much with my life in many little ways, I felt I needed to read it in this precise moment of my life.
This book is pure and utter light. I still can't get my head around how Rachel does it, but I truly believe her talent is a gift from God. Her stories remind me of how beautifully planned our lives are. How God weaved our stories with such care, even i
Abigail
This book was so sweet. It made me smile, laugh, and I connected with everything in this book so quickly. I did not read The Hope of Azure Springs, before reading this but I still understood everything that was going on. I connected with the characters, plot, and story line quite well.

Thomas and Penny were such realistic and charming characters. I fell in love with Penny's character in just a few short pages. Her personality is one that I could easily be friends with. We would be quick the drea
Lori
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rachel has outdone herself on this one!! She has you hooked from page 1!
I'm really gonna have to say that I didn't want to come back to the present. I wanted to stay!!
I didn't want to leave Penny, Thomas, Margaret and Honeysuckle.
I have to admit though that dog made me laugh until I cried! Silly dog!!
I do feel sorry for people like Penny's mother who is so very short sighted to see the wonderful daughter she has. Plus other wonderful things life has to offer.
Love is special. Love can be found i
Dana Michael
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yours Truly, Thomas is a sweet romance. It is about a young woman who works at the dead mail center in Washinfton DC. She is a bit of a romantic and fell in love with the author of a letter she read. She goes in pursuit of the author. This is a cute book if you are in the mood for a light romantic read.
*I was give a copy of this book by the publisher. This is my honest opinion.
Becky Fleming
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First thing I love about this book - the theme of the forgotten art of writing letters, handwritten letters. There is such power in the written word and when someone takes the time to hand write a note or a letter it adds intimacy and shows such love. The beauty of the handwritten love letter is the recipient can keep that letter and reread those words of love again and again. What a treasure!

Secondly - I love the pure sweetness of this story. Penny is just so lovable - she longs for adventure a
Madison
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, historical
Yours Truly, Thomas is a sweet historical romance about finding love through second chances and overcoming the past.

Penny Ercanbeck works at the Dead Letter Office, and is drawn to the tales she finds in the penned letters. But one, written by a Thomas to his lost love, particularly tugs on her heart. She is determined to help Thomas reconnect to his sweetheart. When the opportunity arises for Penny to track Thomas down and return to him his lost letter, she jumps at the chance and journeys to A
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
GUYS! THIS BOOK IS ABOUT THE DEAD LETTER OFFICE!!!! I REPEAT.
THE. DEAD. LETTER. OFFICE.
*insert ALL of the heart eyes*

Last year my mama, sister, and I found the TV series "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" that Hallmark produces, and ever since I've been obsessed with the DLO. When I found out Rachel was doing a story based around it I might've totally screamed.

I just love how her heroes are always sweet & gentle! They have the biggest shift of perspective and mind-set throughout the story.

Her heroine
Becca-Rae Weidel
Rachel Fordham has done it again! As soon as I read her debut novel The Hope of Azure Springs, I was an instant fan, and have been anxiously waiting for the arrival of this one. Although it's a standalone, it also takes place in Azure Springs, and so we are visited by some of our favorite (and not so favorite) characters from her debut.

I was quite excited to see the Margaret (who runs the boardinghouse), return for this novel. She's like the town "aunt." She's caring and compassionate--but will
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Remove series name 2 241 Mar 19, 2019 12:34PM

• Finding Lady Enderly
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • Where Dandelions Bloom
  • The Lost Lieutenant (Serendipity & Secrets, #1)
  • A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders, #1)
  • A Gilded Lady (Hope and Glory, #2)
  • Out of the Embers (Mesquite Springs, #1)
  • The Major's Daughter (Fort Reno, #3)
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)
  • Veiled in Smoke (The Windy City Saga, #1)
  • A Reluctant Belle (Daughtry House, #2)
  • The Runaway Bride (The Bride Ships, #2)
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • A Perfect Silhouette
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
Rachel Fordham has long been fascinated by all things historical or in the words of her children “old stuff”. Often the historical trivia she discovers is woven into her children's bedtime tales. Despite her love for good stories she didn’t attempt writing a novel until her husband challenged her to do so (and now she’s so glad he did). Since that time she’s often been found typing or researching ...more

News & Interviews

“You don't want to miss the love that's perfect for you because you're too busy searching for a fairy tale.” 1 likes
“I'd rather never marry than marry for any reason but love. Don't you want something more? Someone you can't imagine living without?” 1 likes