Start by marking “A Delicate Flower” as Want to Read:
A Delicate Flower

A Delicate Flower

After spending her whole life on the grounds of an orphange, Rose wants nothing more than to find the perfect family to spend her life with, that is until she finally leaves the orphanage against her will. Rose is kidnapped and all she had ever known no longer exists. When she is thrown int a life of sex trafficking, Rose must uncover the secrets behind her mother's disapp ...more
Paperback, Kindle, 195 pages
Published October 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Delicate Flower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Delicate Flower

Shannon
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
I received a copy from the author in exchange for my honest review

This was such an intriguing story, it genuinely got me hooked. I literally finished this book within one day. Regarding the plot, the plot was very fast paced but I felt like it sometimes was too fast paced. At those moments it felt like the story was all over the place. Also, these scenes usually weren't that elaborate, if those scenes would have been a tad more elaborate, they also would have been even more gripping tha
Samythenerdybeasty
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A tragic story full of emotion. Yet, there was always hope. These women face unspeakable hardships and yet overcome them in stride! The characters are well developed and with the complex relationships and fast paced scenes I could not put this down! This is a tear jerker and not for the faint of heart! How the story was told and written added to its plot and I cannot recommend this novel or this author enough!
Matthew Rac-Sabo
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5/5 Stars!!!

The story of a young girl torn away from the life she knows into a world that she had no knowledge of. Yet her life was fully encapsulated by it from the moment she was brought into this dark trade of human trafficking.

This story is unique, easy to follow, intriguing, but most of all captivating. There wasn't a moment where I wasn't itching to find out what happened next, or how a conflict was resolved. With characters that built on each other, a plot that turns in amazing and unfor
Katey
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a BETA read and review.

This is not the first book that I have read by Chelsea but this is a big change of pace based on her previous works.

A Delicate Flower discusses the horribly uncomfortable subject of sex trafficking. The main character is kidnapped and forced into a sick world making money off CHILDREN. The reader is taken behind closed doors to see into every dark corner and to lay on a cold cement floor with one of the main characters.

E
Re • livrhee
I received a copy from the author in exchange for my honest review

★★★

I genuinely enjoy this author’s work! I love how her writing immediately draws you in!
I learned from this book and appreciate that there were links to places to seek more information! I can’t imagine the feeling of being in those conditions and hardships these people face. I hope there is a better understanding and way for these issues to be resolved!

With that being said i will say the book overall was very good, and that you
Shoshi Hornum
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars-
*i received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*
This book was a fantastic, thrilling, and intense book. I was drawn in from page one and couldn’t stop reading.

This book is so fast paced, it really keeps up with the tone of the book. My heart was pounding the whole book! I really enjoyed A Delicate Flower and definitely recommend it!
Jenn Sadai
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was not an easy read because of the subject matter, yet I didn't want to put it down. It grabbed my interest and held it to the very end. It was fast paced, beautifully written and full of unexpected twists. Kudos to the author for tackling such a tough topic with compassion and creativity.
Barb Girard
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast pace novel with twists and turns everywhere. I would fine myself so angry at characters hating them more that I read. This was full of suspense and excitement from every page. I read this book in a day I couldn't put it down. I always think of characters and the description I would see them in a movie. This book I could see who would play these characters and how their personalities would come to life. I cannot wait for book two on this and see what happens next. The ending left i ...more
Jéssica
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
I have a lot of things to say about this book, but first of all let me tell you guys that it's not a book for everyone. Why? Because not everyone likes the genre, and that's okay, but if you do like books that have this psychological thriller kind of vibe and is emotional and thought provoking, then this IS the book fo you. That been said... I loved it!

If you are following Chelsea's work, you know that this is the first novel she published, the previous books were poems. I'm very happy to see al
Visha jain
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I genuinely really enjoyed this book. I have never read a book which focus on such a sensitive
topic. Human trafficking and slavery has been around for centuries. The author takes a part of this world and makes us explore through her stunning writing. Chelsea's writing just evoke all the emotions and makes you feel things.

I loved the main character, Rose. The characters were so dense that you see and realize what this world does to people. They try to make the best decisions to protect themselve
Mandy